Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

To be fair though, I don't think there were as many Milan fans (as there were Liverpool fans) who were willing to go to Athens.

Don't get me wrong, this is not a cuss to the fans of Milan or other clubs, but LFC should be proud to have fans who will be willing to spend a small fortune to watch 90 minutes.

When desperation comes, people will be willing to go through many alleys to get their hands on tickets. Along with desperation, you unfortunately get scammers too :(

UEFA should be thinking about this with a bit more empathy. Here you have people with legal tickets not being let into the grounds, of course they are gonna be rowdy. With UEFA charging more than ever for tickets, surely they should look into using sophisticated technologies such as RFID to lower the chance of counterfeiting?!

UEFA are purely to be blamed for this. You can't blame supporters for you yourself have the inability to run a world event :roll:

yeah here in the states every sporting event you go to uses RFID technology to verify the tickets are legit, the ticket takers have an RFID scanner which scans a bar-code on the ticket and verifies against a mini-database stored on the bar code reader that the ticket is valid and the ticket has not already been scannend in yet.... I have had season tickets to two different sporting teams for 7 years and i have never not been allowed in due to scanner error... so they dont use that now? wow, no wonder counterfit tickets are such a problem, the only problem we have is when some poor sole pays top dollar for tickets from a scalper and then gets to the gate and the tix are found to be fakes by the rfid scanner...

Torres bid laughed off by agent
Fernando Torres agent has laughed off Liverpool's bid for the Spanish striker. Antonio Sanz, who represents the 23-year-old hot-shot, says Liverpool's bid of £16m plus Luis Garcia falls well short of his valuation of Torres. Sources at Anfield have confirmed that the Spaniard is now the number one transfer target, but Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez will have to dig deep into the club's pockets if he wants to land the striker.

Benitez could also face a tough task of luring Torres away from Spain after Sanz told a Spanish radio station he was happy to stay at Athletico Madrid.

Sanz said: "The supposed offering of £16m plus Luis Garcia is very insufficient if you keep in mind that Fernando guarantees you 15 goals per year, especially when Nani, an unknown player, cost Manchester United £20m.

"Also, Fernando does not want to leave Athletico Madrid and they do not want Fernando to leave them.

"The situation is the same as it was last summer and Fernando is flattered by the interest from Liverpool and the other large clubs from Italy.

"But he is happy at Athletico and confident of succeeding in Europe with them."

http://www.24dash.com/sport/22782.htm

according to radio 5 we've made an offer of £27m which activates the release clause, down to torres agreeing personal terms now

:lol: Such a big risk to spend all that money on him. Makes you wonder if the manager actually thinks he's that good or is he buying him because of his nationality.

On the Athens issue guys, being a season ticket holder going to all home and 2 away games I was garunteed a ticket but others in our party didnt but still got in on highly priced tickets which were genuine,
we had 5 with us and 3 had proper tickets through the club, 2 had to pay 600 euros each, what a rip off. we got into the ground with plenty of time to spare but coming upto kickoff it was clear that it was too full,
about 15 mins from KO we were hearin that fans with genuine tickets were being turned away and this was sad to hear,

when the singing started the upper tier was shacking by upto a foot and being at the back of the lower tier this was pretty scary and i thought it was gonna collapse on us.

as for the game milan deserved it, contained us like a true italian team and had the quality to hit us on the break so i have no arguments with the result. there a great team with a great set of fans so i congratulate them

on the torres issue its all being pieced together for a while now.
firstly we see him take his armband off which reveals YNWA.

secondly were linked with benayoun who is luis garcias direct replacement. i understand we'll sign him on thursday along with torres

thirdly we are linked with torres with luis garcia goin the other way which links in with the benayoun story

next forlan signs for athletico who is directly torres's replacement.

finally today its saying that torres will sign on thursday after he gets back from his holidays after verbally agreeing today,
with luis garcia going the other way and benayoun coming to us.

personally i think torres is a cracking signing who gives us plenty more options up front, better than bellamy i think.
torres will play in the rooney role with dirk kuyt on the shoulder of the last defender so i expect to see kuyt hit 20 plus goals next season with torres chipping in with about 14 as the supporting striker.

from this i can see us challenging for the title again next year if we can sign another full back possibly heinze who can also play CB so would be great for the club.

also a 2 footed winger, i hope for mancini as he fits the bill, has the pace and skill and delivers a great ball.

all this added together and i think Liverpool wont have to wait for long to see number 19

from this i can see us challenging for the title again next year if we can sign another full back possibly heinze who can also play CB so would be great for the club.

Lol come on michael , so why is kuyt gonna start scoring all of a sudden, plus challenging for the title again , lol , mate your boys have not challenged for the title for a very long time!;)

Lol come on michael , so why is kuyt gonna start scoring all of a sudden, plus challenging for the title again , lol , mate your boys have not challenged for the title for a very long time!;)

Few things mate :D Heinze will give us stability at the back and is far better at defending than JAR who at LB simplily cant tackle enough.
Also Dirk last season was played as a supporting striker and was more of a hold up player, now Torres is coming who IS a holding player up top, Kuyt can get released to do what he done at Feyernord, play up top, and when he does that he scores for fun, bit like RVN.
Mancini is the pacey winger we need on the right, lets be fair, Pennant doesnt cut it most of the time, this is who we need who has the pace, can play on both sides and deliveres a good ball into the box. With Harry on the other wing I can see Liverpool becoming so strong next year.

TEAM

-------------REINA-------------

FINNAN---AGGER---CARRA---HEINZE

MANCINI--ALONSO--GERRARD--KEWELL
OR MASCH
-------------T0RRES-------------
--------------KUYT--------------

BENCH - CARSON, HYYPIA, RIISE, CROUCH, MOMO, PENNANT, ALONSO OR MASCH

Keep your filthy hands off Heinze. He isnt moving.
All we've been hearing is stuff from the agents but nothing from the people that matter.

It's really happening ... but 27 million pound for a 23 year old hotshot starter-to-be striker can't be that bad .. right? I for one onced think 20+ million for a striker is too much, but then, compare our spending the last few years to, say Chelsea and Mancs. They're spending much much more money then us, and we still went to the CL finals. So, I think buying an upcoming superstar striker to Liverpool for that money is something that's to be expected.

Garcia's off to atletico :(

£27m could of got Huntelaar and a very good LW player which liverpool need. I think it is too much for Torres, he has never scored 20 goals in La Liga. Rafa loves spanish players though so no suprise here.

When is Liverpool gonna sell Cisse to Marseille? they are taking there time about this, Just let the guy leave please. I would love Cisse to score vs Liverpool in the Champions League.

do you think Rafa is gonna be able to sell Bellamy? that £10m-£12m price tag is a joke right..

:lol: Such a big risk to spend all that money on him. Makes you wonder if the manager actually thinks he's that good or is he buying him because of his nationality.

:lmao:

How much has Nani cost you lot? Hmmm

You do realise SAF has been trying to get Torres for years, including this summer. Would you be saying the same if that was the case?

Oh, and Ballgue thinks the fee is more around the 20m mark. He's a mate of Rafa's so should know.

94915856nj2.jpg

Horrible day. Garcia gone for peanuts, another totally overrated, at best 10 goals a season striker bought for way too much money. every offseason you think it cant get worse, and then comes mr. benitez around with such brilliant deals.

Horrible day. Garcia gone for peanuts, another totally overrated, at best 10 goals a season striker bought for way too much money. every offseason you think it cant get worse, and then comes mr. benitez around with such brilliant deals.

...At least he called the Neviller a cunt ;)

In all seriousness I have to agree, I've never rated Torres and for that price it looks like too much money, however I hope he proves me wrong. I remember taking the piss out of the mancs when the yanks invaded and I also thought they'd be mugs to pay £20m+ for Torres so my next prediction is we'll get Heinze and he'll persuade Tevez to come along with him, surely third time lucky.

...At least he called the Neviller a cunt ;)

In all seriousness I have to agree, I've never rated Torres and for that price it looks like too much money, however I hope he proves me wrong. I remember taking the piss out of the mancs when the yanks invaded and I also thought they'd be mugs to pay £20m+ for Torres so my next prediction is we'll get Heinze and he'll persuade Tevez to come along with him, surely third time lucky.

Heinze will go to Real. His agent is saying he may think about it not the player.

Heinze will go to Spain

You do realise SAF has been trying to get Torres for years, including this summer. Would you be saying the same if that was the case?

Oh, and Ballgue thinks the fee is more around the 20m mark. He's a mate of Rafa's so should know.

Ballgue speaks a lot of shit though. not everything he sez is the truth. He was saying how Eto'o was gonna be sold all season and he was totally wrong!

Blague is an idiot.

Nani cost 14 million.

Atletico Madrid have confirmed they have reached an agreement to sell Fernando Torres to Liverpool after the Spanish international passed his medical on Merseyside.

Torres will now return to his home country to bid goodbye to his fans in the Spanish capital, before travelling back to England to be presented as Liverpool's record signing in a deal worth a reported £26.5million.

"Club Atletico de Madrid has reached an agreement with Liverpool Football Club for the sale of Fernando Torres to the British club," read a statement on the Spanish club's website.

"The player, accompanied by Don Enrique Cerezo and Jesus Garcia Pitarch, will hold a farewell press conference on Wednesday 4 July."

Liverpool have also confirmed that Torres passed all the necessary medical tests during his trip to England on Tuesday.

"The player has passed a medical," confirmed a club spokesman.

"All the agreements are now in place and he will put pen to paper on the deal on Wednesday."

Rafa Benitez has targeted Torres as a key recruit as he looks to mount a challenge for the Premier League title next season, and the substantial outlay on the striker nicknamed 'El Nino' is certainly a prominent signal of intent on the part of the Anfield boss.

Torres is expected to sign a six-year contract worth around £90,000 per week upon joining the five-time European Cup winners, and his arrival will likely increase speculation regarding the futures of Craig Bellamy and Peter Crouch.

Manchester City have been linked with a move for Crouch with former England boss Sven Goran Eriksson set to take charge at Eastlands, but Liverpool have played down speculation that the fans' favourite could be sold.

Chief executive Rick Parry insists the unique striker remains very much a key player at Anfield.

"It is not true that he is the only player not to have been approached about a new deal and he is very much part of Rafa Benitez's future plans," stated Parry.

Luis Garcia has already been moved out of Anfield to help accommodate Torres, joining Atletico in a £4million deal on Tuesday.

Shot at 2007-07-03

14 million not 36... im glad sir alex didnt get the overhyped torres... You would have been much better off with zaragoza striker
Diego Milto, for a hell of alot less, tbh i like kuyt though i think you have something special with im==him

Re: Liverpool Thread - El Nino!!!!!!!!

Up and coming coming striker?? he's been in Athletico's line up for 6 years... will be 24 next birthday, keep fooling yourself mate, hyped up to fuck.

Re: Liverpool Thread - El Nino!!!!!!!!

Up and coming coming striker?? he's been in Athletico's line up for 6 years... will be 24 next birthday, keep fooling yourself mate, hyped up to fuck.

You just know he's going to break his leg in the first month.

14 million not 36... im glad sir alex didnt get the overhyped torres... You would have been much better off with zaragoza striker
Diego Milto, for a hell of alot less, tbh i like kuyt though i think you have something special with im==him

Back
Top Bottom