Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread - El Nino!!!!!!!!

Ill reserve judgement on torres. However i think an important element in spanish players coming to the prem is their age. The older more estabilished players, morientes to name one, just cant get used to the pace and physical nature. Whereas the younger players (alonso, fabregas) seem to be able to better cope with the new setting. Torres is just about on the edge imo, he's still young but having played in spain for 6 years he's very much used to their style and pace.

Would think that bellemy would be off now, as we also have voronin (not that i expect much from him, but thats 5 strikers now with torres).

As for the price, well time will tell whether he was worth it. But then werent the new guys for manu combined 30mil? 2 players that have got little experience but a lot of potential, vs 26mil for a player that has got 6 years experience at the top level at the age of 23/24. Seems fairly balanced looking at it from that point of view.

hes going on my lfc away shirt :p
im hoping the price will mean £1m for each goal

latest news out of france is that the LFC board are ready too accept Marseille's offer for Cisse but Rafa is personally stopping the deal.

He sure has got it in for Djib!

torres2.jpg

I know what you are thinking, Rafa looks like someone.....

peterbenitez.jpg

"Get [that ball into the] back [of the net] you bastard, I'll break yer legs."

who is that? Have to say rafa is looking for more menacing with that goatie then he normally does.

I think the goatee suits Rafa. And check out that fruity shirt! The man is obviously going for a new look.

Re: Liverpool Thread

Blague is an idiot.

Nani cost 14 million.

BBC now reporting 20m:lmao:

Rafa said in the conference the fee was less than what people were saying.

Nani is a virtual unknown.

However Torres turns out at Pool, you lot now are scared because we are starting to match your financial muscle.

El nino is good at long balls btw Chelski & Pool Feb. match should be a cake walk during the African Cup yikes!

Deal was 20m NOT 27m

The Rooney deal was also £20million. The extra £10million were addons so its probably the same case here. The thing is, he had a get out clause so it would have had to be triggered to start the transfer.

The Rooney deal was also £20million. The extra £10million were addons so its probably the same case here. The thing is, he had a get out clause so it would have had to be triggered to start the transfer.

who Rooney or Torres?

Torres get out clause was something funny like 30m. Torres was informed about our interest and the bid, and he decided he would jump at the opportunity, reportedly ahead of offers for Chavski and yous lot.

I doubt the AM board wanted to disrupt their captain and star player. The cheap price for Garcia was a sweetener.

Watch out Liverpool lads, Nani is not an asshole! He's a true tallented football player, but my bet will go for Anderson, he'll be better than Ronaldinho with SAF on his way.

@ SPiTFiRE I hope you stick around when Anderson does nothing...you have a lot of confidence in Anderson I must say.

I believe in him my friend, I hope he has a bit of luck just give him 2 years and you'll see it! ;)

Watch out Liverpool lads, Nani is not an asshole! He's a true tallented football player, but my bet will go for Anderson, he'll be better than Ronaldinho with SAF on his way.

Not seen too much of him during the copa America(against Chili he was simply awful)

I will give El Nino 2 years to make his mark. He will be as good, if not better, as anyone Liverpool has ever seen in the last 10 years. My opinion is the strikers are set, Torres & Kuyt starting with Crouch and Voronin as backups.

Now let's move on to the new wingers :P

I don't really rate kuyt. can't see him getting many goals.

@ SPiTFiRE I hope you stick around when Anderson does nothing...you have a lot of confidence in Anderson I must say.

Everybody who watches the Portuguese BWin league know that Anderson is the real deal. I watched Porto matches to see Anderson and Quaresma play.

Re: Liverpool Thread

BBC now reporting 20m:lmao:

Rafa said in the conference the fee was less than what people were saying.

Nani is a virtual unknown.

However Torres turns out at Pool, you lot now are scared because we are starting to match your financial muscle.

We'll only get scared when you can match us on the pitch......nothing to worry about there then...LOL

So finally we get rid of a player for more than we paid for him - Bellamy to West Ham for 8 million. Lol, thats around the same as Owen went for.

Cisse reported to be for 6mil, bellamy for 8mil. Guess its quite good as it means we've replaced bellamy with torres for around 6mil net.

Well done guys, great signing! although I would love to see Torres do well in the PL, I do feel he may fail to settle and 'baptista it' esp with his conversion rate in front of goal and what he produces when off-form

Back
Top Bottom