Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread - El Nino!!!!!!!!

Gosh .......

Now we have a TEAM :)

Maybe another right winger would complete the spending .....

11m includes addons.

7m initial.

Apparently we are still interested in Mancini (well according to his agent)

I guarantee we will buy another Centre back (who can play at fullback (either side). Another winger (Right sided) is an outside chance, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Benayoun can play on the right, yes, but for me he's better when he cuts inside.

The squad is looking awesome, but I feel we do need someone world class on the wing to win the title. Pennant isn't, Benayoun isn't and Babel is largely unproven, although his is quick, strong, can get past people, can score from distance and plays very direct, all the right qualities for the premiership.

Last edited:

Apparently we are still interested in Mancini (well according to his agent)

Mancini is quite good :) Happy to get him ..

I guarantee we will buy another Centre back (who can play at fullback (either side). Another winger (Right sided) is an outside chance, but I wouldn't bet on it.

Yeah to be honest if one of our CBs is injured, there's no cover. Don't bet that argen kid is starting @ liverpool anytime soon. He was wobbly at best last season.

Benayoun can play on the right, yes, but for me he's better when he cuts inside.

Same as Gerrard, not a natural winger, tends to drift inside which would be crowded already. We need a natural winger on the right :)

Torres -9
Voronin -10
Benayoun - 11
Babel - 19

Him or Quaresma would def get us on the right track...

mancini won't go to liverpool. roma already decided to sacrifice chivu to offer a contract renewal to mexes taddei and mancini.
So it's almost impossible for liverpool to get him :)

about babel, actually i can't see any resemblance between him and adriano. they're very different imo. Anyway this guy is very, very promising :)

mancini won't go to liverpool. roma already decided to sacrifice chivu to offer a contract renewal to mexes taddei and mancini.
So it's almost impossible for liverpool to get him :)

yeah but Chivu's in an awkward position now as Real,Barca And Inter(which seems like the only club he wants to sign for)have pulled out of negotiations.Roma wants him to re-sign a new contract rather than he walks for nothin next season.Im actually hopin we can get Mancini as well as Chivu(do a "Babel" and surprise us).Long shot i know but well worth the try as Aurelio gonna miss the start of the season,Paletta probably off on loan to Levante,leaves us short at the back.Mancini's not too happy at Roma as well(contract wise).His agent might be spinning crap in order for him to get a better contract at Roma or we really want him.Guess we'll see today.....

Really hopin......

yeah but Chivu's in an awkward position now as Real,Barca And Inter

Well mate, you're really well informed ;)
You're right the chivu situation is gettin critical for roma. they hoped in an "auction" between barca, real and inter, to raise the offers, but in the end it was chivu himself the one who scr.. them. he did refuse barca and real offers, putting inter in a very confortable position. Now roma HAS TO SELL chivu (they can't even offer him a contract renewal, as they already bought chivu's replacement... juan, and they need that money to continue their team building campaign.... moreover chivu wouldn't even accept roma's offer, as it would be even lower than real's and barca's ones).

i'm quite sure that in a couple of weeks moratti will make a (ridiculously low) offer for chivu, wich roma will have to accept. that's why i say it's tough to reach mancini.

Mancini's not too happy at Roma as well(contract wise).
i wouldn't say he's not happy. he had some problems 2 years ago, but now everything is ok, he knows he could get better wages in other clubs, but nontheless he's not asking for a transfer... afterall Roma (as a club and as a city) still has a certain appeal.

but of course Roma has a little budget and they have no sugar daddys, so if a club would come out with a serious offer (for the club and the player) Roma wouldn't be financially strong enough to say "no". :)

Him or Quaresma would def get us on the right track...
Those stepovers are still mesmerizing to watch.

I'd like to see Mancini playing in the Premiership. He's the sort of player Liverpool need - a decent winger capable of going past people. Versatile too. Quaresma would obviously fit the bill as well. Trouble is, from what I've heard, he has a bit of an attitude problem; so I'm not sure if he could fit in. He would add genuine quality to the team though, no doubt about that.

Quaresma would obviously fit the bill as well. Trouble is, from what I've heard, he has a bit of an attitude problem; so I'm not sure if he could fit in.

youre right there,he use to have an attitude problem but im hopin he's matured(like cronaldo).dont know if he's rafa's kinda of player as well(hardly tracks back).simao on the other hand wants out(various reports) and atletico madrid have apparently have made a 10m+ bid for him.wouldnt be surprised if rafa takes him instead.anyone of quaresma,simao,mancini would absolutely delight me.

ps:we could use heinze as well....

i go to see the debut of torres tonight in switzerland...if someone need a ticket (10£) --> PN

Mancini interest is over
Jul 16 2007 by Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

RAFA BENITEZ today revealed Liverpool’s interest in Roma winger Alessandro Mancini is over, despite claims of a fresh bid from the player’s agent.

Liverpool did show an interest in the Brazilian earlier in the summer, but Benitez opted to sign Ryan Babel instead.

Now, with Mancini negotiating a new deal with the Italian side, his representative is claiming Benitez is still pursuing the 27-year-old.

But Benitez said today: “I was reading stories about Mancini. I can say that Liverpool will not be offering any money for this player.”

There are suspicions the player’s agent is using the Reds to improve terms at the Olympic Stadium.

Benitez and his 25-man squad arrived in Switzerland yesterday.

oh well..........

lo zio,could ya kindly give me some info on Juventus fullback Giorgio Chiellini?Never saw much of Juve last season with em bein in Serie B and all.Cheers...

lo zio,could ya kindly give me some info on Juventus fullback Giorgio Chiellini?Never saw much of Juve last season with em bein in Serie B and all.Cheers...

Giorgio is a pure "old style" left back. left footed, with a good pace and a huge stamina (he's never tired). he hasn't great dribbling ability (afterall, he's 1, 86 meters) but it's almost impossible to take the ball away from his foot (seeing his playing is like seeing toni on the sideline :lol:) because of his huuuge physical strenght. he always starts his actions from left back, but he continuosly pushes along the whole left side of the pitch. moreover he has a terrific shot (while his crosses are just decent).

even if his real role his left back, he also played at midfield (as a central and as a side midfielders) with more than decent results.
last year then, deschamps often used him as a central back (juve cbs had a lot of injuries last year). And (with my surprise) he was really good in that position too (for sure 1 million time better than boumsong, but this isn't a great compliment :mrgreen:). Last season he probably played more as cb than as left back, but his proper position still remains left back.

btw Misfit, i've got the feeling that the chiellini-liverpool link has the same roots of the mancini-liverpool link. Giorgio is waiting for a contract renewal (after trezeguet, camoranesi and nedved renewals) and his agent is probably using theese speculations just to put a little pressure on juve management.
:)

btw Misfit, i've got the feeling that the chiellini-liverpool link has the same roots of the mancini-liverpool link. Giorgio is waiting for a contract renewal (after trezeguet, camoranesi and nedved renewals) and his agent is probably using theese speculations just to put a little pressure on juve management.

Cheers for the info.We'll have to wait and see if this is just another contract renewal attempt.He has been makin noises bout that.However it's been quite a while we've been linked with him,might be some truth in this one.Maybe Heinze's the smokescreen??

and eurosport holland, didnt realise they had different programming. Just thought different commentators.

had no idea it was on in holland, been checking satellite sites for the past couple of days to see which channels are showing the match, moved my dish this afternoon so i can get german eurosport

nice runout, Voronin nets twice finished 3-2 should have been 7-2.

Voronin i must say looks a very tidy bright and intelligent playe and Torres, well i didnt realise the lad was that powerful as well as skillful. Looks like some decent signings at last.

Giorgio is a pure "old style" left back. left footed, with a good pace and a huge stamina (he's never tired). he hasn't great dribbling ability (afterall, he's 1, 86 meters) but it's almost impossible to take the ball away from his foot (seeing his playing is like seeing toni on the sideline :lol:) because of his huuuge physical strenght. he always starts his actions from left back, but he continuosly pushes along the whole left side of the pitch. moreover he has a terrific shot (while his crosses are just decent).

even if his real role his left back, he also played at midfield (as a central and as a side midfielders) with more than decent results.
last year then, deschamps often used him as a central back (juve cbs had a lot of injuries last year). And (with my surprise) he was really good in that position too (for sure 1 million time better than boumsong, but this isn't a great compliment :mrgreen:). Last season he probably played more as cb than as left back, but his proper position still remains left back.

Ranieri fielded Chiellini as central back in juve's first friendly yesterday (Criscito and Molinaro got to play as leftbacks) :eh:.

Chiellini's situation is a little odd, as he renewed his contract to 2011 last season, so either he's looking for a raise or there really is trouble brewing.

Anyway, Chiellini is a beast and I like him. I hope he doesn't leave Juventus for Liverpool.

nice runout, Voronin nets twice finished 3-2 should have been 7-2.

Voronin i must say looks a very tidy bright and intelligent playe and Torres, well i didnt realise the lad was that powerful as well as skillful. Looks like some decent signings at last.

Voronin is just as good a signing as Torres only there wasnt a big price tag...

Liverpool eased to a 2-0 victory over French side Auxerre in a low-key friendly in Fribourg, Switzerland, on Friday afternoon.Recent signings Ryan Babel and Yossi Benayoun were handed their first starts for the Reds while young Bulgarian goalkeeper Nikolay Mihaylov also came in, but both sides struggled to muster any cohesive football in a poor first half.

But Liverpool managed to go into the interval ahead when Steven Gerrard finished off the game's first flowing move just seconds before half-time.

Babel cleverly dummied a ball in from the right, leaving the Reds skipper to fire home clinically from the edge of the box.

Xabi Alonso entered the fray as a second-half substitute but Rafael Benitez's men struggled again early on as Auxerre missed a string of gilt-edged chances to level.

But Daniel Agger was left completely free with a little over 20 minutes remaining to head home from eight yards.

There was still time for England striker Peter Crouch to fluff a simple headed chance of his own as Liverpool held on comfortably.

Nice little run out,players looked absolutely tired other than El Zhar who looked like the only one intrested.Next up,China.....

Last edited:

Nice little run out,players looked absolutely tired other than El Zhar who looked like the only one intrested.Next up,China.....

Not surprising they were all knackered after biing it around switzerland in the morning! :)

So out of interest, does anyone believe you guys want Heinze for on-the-field reasons? There are plenty of other players that don't come with so much, shall we say, baggage. Seems like mind games coming early and hard from the Liverpool camp. Also just a bit nasty IMO, there's always been a sort of unspoken agreement between the top sides to not bother approaching for players because they're not going to let them move to rivals.

I seem to remember you lot not being pleased abuot Chelski's approach for a certain midfielder a couple years ago...

So out of interest, does anyone believe you guys want Heinze for on-the-field reasons? There are plenty of other players that don't come with so much, shall we say, baggage. Seems like mind games coming early and hard from the Liverpool camp. Also just a bit nasty IMO, there's always been a sort of unspoken agreement between the top sides to not bother approaching for players because they're not going to let them move to rivals.

I seem to remember you lot not being pleased abuot Chelski's approach for a certain midfielder a couple years ago...

I genuinely think Benitez rates him and wants him. Whislt im happy if he joins or happy if he doesnt, i dont think Benitez is doing it to wind Ferguson up, i just think he doesnt hold the rivalry in the same vein as ferguson.

The difference with Chelskis approach was the underhandedness of it all, using the england camp to tap him up and he was our main player, kind of like if Chelski tried tapping up Rooney on England duty.

Heinze is second fiddle in his position currently at United and murmers were abound of him leaving - a problem United didnt have until Liverpool stepped in. Liverpool havent done anything wrong, they tabled the release bid but got turned down just because they are a rival. Thats understandable in a way, but also not fair in another way. the problem United have is that they didnt put a claus in the agreement about rivals bidding.

Personally i just dont see why they dont do the deal, its in everyones interest. United need to recoup after there spending, heinze wants a move, and heinze position is nearly untenable now.

We'll see.

Back
Top Bottom