Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread - El Nino!!!!!!!!

I could be wrong ,but I think Babel and Co. are playing Liver`L like Fabio did to ManUtd. He openly admitted, It`s a dream to train w/ AW

it seems that the Americans havent really spent the cash once you add all the money received from the cisse, bellamy, Pongelle, Gonzalez proposed sale.

seems like a usual liverpool summer not spending big to me. the club refused too pay the ££ for Malouda. Guess it will be the same for Quaresma also.

Glad Cisse finally got his move to Marseille. We need him and he now at a club with a manager who supports him.

it seems that the Americans havent really spent the cash once you add all the money received from the cisse, bellamy, Pongelle, Gonzalez proposed sale.

seems like a usual liverpool summer not spending big to me. the club refused too pay the ££ for Malouda. Guess it will be the same for Quaresma also.

Glad Cisse finally got his move to Marseille. We need him and he now at a club with a manager who supports him.

Transfer windows not closed YET is it?Cisse=6m,Bellers=7.5,Pongolle=2.75.Gonzalez still our player.Now exercise ya brain and do the math.The americans have spent,and will keep spendin.No need for all this american bashin from ya.Im for one am pretty glad we're not gettin that french,highly overatted prick Malouda!Only Chelsea will pay silly money for an average player.Ask any sensible Liverpool fan and they will tell ya they same thing ,not worth the money.We will get two more wingers(hopefully Quaresma,Babel).And to top it off,we're gettin a spankin new possibly biggest stadia in England.Unless YOU'RE payin for that one,put a sock in it.

PS:ya can have that french lazy prick cisse.Good fookin riddance!

Last edited:

Transfer windows not closed YET is it?Cisse=6m,Bellers=7.5,Pongolle=2.75.Gonzalez still our player.Now exercise ya brain and do the math.The americans have spent,and will keep spendin.No need for all this american bashin from ya.Im for one am pretty glad we're not gettin that french,highly overatted prick Malouda!Only Chelsea will pay silly money for an average player.Ask any sensible Liverpool fan and they will tell ya they same thing ,not worth the money.We will get two more wingers(hopefully Quaresma,Babel).And to top it off,we're gettin a spankin new possibly biggest stadia in England.Unless YOU'RE payin for that one,put a sock in it.

LFC will not be getting Quaresma so forgot about that. The club has gone for Babel as Quaresma too expensive.

Also Pepe just been sold to Real Madrid for 30m Euro. Pinto da Costa has told Porto fans no more big players would leave now pepe has gone

Babel is not even a natural LW player, in the Ajax youth he was a striker and also made his debut in the first team as a striker. Last season he played at the left wing but he is right footed.

Ajax ace Ryan Babel has admitted he is flattered by Liverpool's interest in him.

The Reds have tabled a bid for the Dutch international as they look to bring the talented youngster to Anfield.

Ajax have confirmed that they are in talks with Liverpool about a possible deal for Babel, with the Dutch club thought to be holding out for £13.5million for the forward.

Babel, who has been linked with Arsenal in the past, says he is interested in Liverpool's move for him.

"I had heard that there were some stories on the internet but that happens quite often," Babel told AD Sportwereld.

"This (Liverpool's interest) is serious news to me.

"I haven't thought about a transfer for a minute, I will do that soon though.

"That such a big club is interested is of course very nice."

Ajax's technical director Martin van Geel has confirmed they are looking for £13.5million for Babel and that a deal could be done soon.

"Liverpool is willing to pay a huge sum for Ryan," van Geel told AD Sportwereld.

"We have told them what we want, and that's €20million(£13.5m). That is our price.

"We would like to see Babel play here next season, it's not for nothing that we have extended his contract until June 2010.

"But if these kind of clubs want to pay us these figures it says something.

"We will see if we can reach a deal in the coming days."

Can't fault or blame him for quitting England
especially after being treated shitty by two
shit managers.

As for transfers I think we've spent well so far
would be nice to see Babel here. Also im looking
forward to seeing our youth/reserves team next
season in the carling cup.

I'd be happy too. I think he's right to quit.
I wish Rooney, Ferdinand and Neville would do the same for us... they can keep Richardson full time if they like.

Babel has great potential would love to see him at Liverpool.

LFC will not be getting Quaresma so forgot about that. The club has gone for Babel as Quaresma too expensive.

Who the fook are ya?????!!!!!!Rick Parry????!!!!!Ya do know how fookin silly ya gonna look if we do sign someone else other than Babel rite?Get ya homework done and go to bed......

We raised money for selling players. How on earth can you use that against the owners? Oh yeah, they should show everyone how rich they are by allowing the club to give unwanted players for free. That makes a lot of sense.

Quaresma might come, he might not come. Was he Rafa's top and one and only target? Who knows?

holly christ dude, your really being a dick. For one malouda is far from average. Compared to liverpools wingers he is fucking diego maradona.. i didn't think kobashi was bashing americans either, you need to calm down.

looks like the mickeys are closing in on yossi from west ham and maybe babel...

if one or both come do you's feel you can at last challenge for the Title this coming season???

Goalkeepers

Jose Reina
Scott Carson

Defenders

Steve Finnan
Alvaro Arbeloa
Sami Hyypia
Daniel Agger
Jamie Carragher
John Arne Riise
Fabio Aurelio

Midfielders

Javier Mascherano
Steven Gerrard
Xabi Alonso
Mohamed Sissoko
Lucas Leiva
Ryan Babel
Yossi Benayoun
Harry Kewell
Jermaine Pennant

Strikers

Fernando Torres
Andrei Voronin
Peter Crouch
Dirk Kuyt

Looking impressive. Please let it be Alves next, then I'll be well happy.

I like Benayoun, think he is a good player, but is he LFC quality?

Also, has everyone heard about the new LFC TV Channel? Looks like i will be taking advantage of the setanta sports £9.99 a month deal for the 46 prem games with the inclusion of lfc.tv in september.

I like Benayoun, think he is a good player, but is he LFC quality?
No, he isn't.

I can't see him breaking into the Liverpool first team either. He'd be a squad player at best.

looks like the mickeys are closing in on yossi from west ham and maybe babel...

if one or both come do you's feel you can at last challenge for the Title this coming season???

In one word no.We will get finish closer to you lot.This is if Benayoun and Babel are the only additions to Leto,Voronin,Lucas and Torres.However,if we get Quaresma as well,then it depends on how strong we start.We need that cunt(tricks,flicks,moment of brilliance,ocassional dive) of a player(ronaldo,robben,drogba)who can win those tough away games for us..

PS:That cunt would be Quaresma....

Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks was interviewed on Sky Sports News on Wednesday afternoon and revealed some details on the new stadium and hinted there will be another signing to follow after the arrivals of Yossi Benayoun and Ryan Babel are finalised.

Hicks told how it had been an eventful and succesful first summer in charge of the club and how he and George Gillett had helped carry out Rafa Benitez’s plan by signing the “core players” to long term contracts, then improving the squad to add depth and quality for the “grueling 10 month season”.

When asked should we expect any more after Benayoun and Babel are confirmed he replied “I wouldn’t rule out one more” with a little laugh when asked in which position that would be! “I know the team’s going to be a better team,” he explained. “Part of the plan that Rafa explained to George and me was to have more depth, it’s a long season - particularly in the Premiership.”

Hicks then told how the club had finalised plans for the new stadium and they will be presented to the city council on July 25th, “I think they will become public at that point,” he said. “People will be very excited when they see them.”

When asked if the new stadium will be bigger than first planned (61,000) he replied “It has to initially be the same size as has been approved but we are building the stadium in a way that it can be expanded, so as we get approval we add to the seating. Eventually we plan to have it quite a bit larger than we first planned.”

When prompted for a figure he said “mid to high seventies potentially”.

He told how he believes HKS are the best architects in the world and that the design is very unique and will be recognisable anywhere in the world, very contempary but some classic English tradition to it.

He also added that they have been working to hire a commercial director “to build up all our commercial activites” and that will be announced in the next week or so.

Ajax's Holland Under 21 forward Babel flew to England for a medical and pay talks after the clubs agreed a fee, while Benayoun headed north last night ahead of a press conference to confirm his arrival from West Ham.

Negotiations over Babel's contract should be quick after the 20-year-old admitted he was eager to prove himself.

He said: "I've spoken to Rafa Benitez and that was when I knew everything would be signed. He has a clear vision of what he wants and said I'd be competing with six others for four positions in the forward line."

In one word no.We will get finish closer to you lot.This is if Benayoun and Babel are the only additions to Leto,Voronin,Lucas and Torres.However,if we get Quaresma as well,then it depends on how strong we start.We need that cunt(tricks,flicks,moment of brilliance,ocassional dive) of a player(ronaldo,robben,drogba)who can win those tough away games for us..

PS:That cunt would be Quaresma....

I reckon Babel is a better signing than Torres, he showed huge potential last season and in the U21's...

Torres is obviously a decent player but is hugely overated, he's been around for at least 5 years and has never been a 20goal a season player, of course lfc maybe the making of him and im looking forward to see him play against us and everyone else..

I really dont want it to be a two horse race again I cant imagine a better title race than united and lfc especially now we're closing in on your league titles...

As for Quaresma, he's quality. not sure if rafa will spend that much after buying yossi and babel tho

Nice to have you on board Mr Babel.

Reminds me of a quicker and a not as lazy version of Adriano for some reason.

Benayoun should be a tidy little buy. I think he's a better all round player than Garcia and is more consistent.

babel is really a great buy :applause:
does anybody know how much the transfer did cost?:)

Back
Top Bottom