Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Thanks misfit - I heard one of the kits was going to be black - bit disappointed by it though. Design looks odd. The white one looks worth a purchase though.

The designer should get the boot for coming up with such disgusting kits, those are pathetic attempts.

Momo and €20m might get them interested although they'd probably rather have Xabi in which case I wouldn't deal.

Twas maybe why we lost ;) Milan were celebrating at half time, and Gattuso thought the cup was in the bag when they walked out for kick off. Karma! ;)

Whatever twat decided to do that really needs to honour the power of superstition in football!

Hmm, I think we had reason to be quietly confident. We did give them a run for their money. Like I said. Milan got their luck with the Inzaghi incident. Just like we got our luck with Sheva's point blank miss/save in Istanbull.

Liverpool are in advanced talks with Olympique Lyon for winger Florent Malouda.
The Guardian says Liverpool hope to have secured the first of Rafael Benitez's major signings this summer by the time the Spaniard returns from a family holiday at the weekend, with Malouda edging closer to an £8 million switch to Anfield.

The France international, a key member of the side which reached the World Cup final last summer, has been told he can leave Stade Gerland after playing a significant part in Lyon securing a sixth consecutive French league title, with the 26-year-old keen to take on a new challenge.

Roma wing dazzler Amantino Mancini is under consideration at Liverpool.
Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez wants to boost his wing options next season and has Brazilian Mancini on his radar, says the Liverpool Echo.

Mancini, who is waiting on new contract talks with Roma management, scored a famous goal in this season's Champions League clash at Lyon and almost joined Liverpool two years ago.

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is planning a big £12 million bid for dynamic Valencia midfielder David Silva.

The S*n says Benitez has already made initial contact with his old club and is moving quickly to find a solution to his problem position on the left flank.

Benitez hopes to rush through a deal - following his admission after last week's Champions League final defeat to AC Milan his side need a revolution if they are to be genuine Premiership challengers next term.

And Valencia, for all their public vows about hanging on to their stars, are keen to cash in to fund their own rebuilding plans.

Silva recently said: "We deserve something more than what we have. The truth is, yes, we have received offers from other teams that value us."

Malouda at 8m is a bargain..however. Are these players cut out for the premiership. I realise there aren't many wingers around in the premiership that are settled and can do a good job in Europe too, but its a big risk.

Out of those three Malouda will suit the premiership more.

We are also in advanced talks with Tevez.

Malouda at 8m is a bargain..however. Are these players cut out for the premiership. I realise there aren't many wingers around in the premiership that are settled and can do a good job in Europe too, but its a big risk.

Out of those three Malouda will suit the premiership more.

We are also in advanced talks with Tevez.

£8M is a joke..

come on people this is pure BS. you honestly think Lyon are gonna let Malouda go for £8m? it is gonna cost double that before lyon even think about selling. I have no idea where these english reporters are getting this information from as it is not coming out of france. honestly Lyon would laugh at am £8m offer.

oh and Malouda is better then any LW in the EPL at the moment.

Last edited:

He plays on the left, he plays on the right,
That boy Ronaldo, makes (insert team name) look shite...

Right footed is what i meant, which is what i assumed kobashi meant. But yeah ronaldo is good in either position.

New Lyon boss Alain Perrin has made keeping Florent Malouda and Eric Abidal at the club his top priority.

Perrin was announced as Lyon's new manager on Wednesday after leaving Sochaux.

The former Portsmouth boss succeeds Gerard Houllier at Stade Gerland and he is relishing the prospect of managing the French champions.

Perrin is already turning his attentions to keeping his best players at Lyon and he plans to hold talks with sought-after duo Malouda and Abidal.

Malouda has been strongly linked with a move to Liverpool in recent days while clubs in England and Spain are thought to be tracking Abidal.

Perrin is not surprised by the interest in the pair, but is determined to keep the French international duo at the club.

Our left side is the envy of all Europe," Perrin told the club's official website.

"I will call them [Abidal and Malouda] to know how much they want to leave.

"From these discussions, we'll see if they want to stay with us."

The designer should get the boot for coming up with such disgusting kits, those are pathetic attempts.

No he shouldn't. As a designer I can tell you that i'm 99% sure it's the clients fault. Designers come up with different designs and the clients usually go for the worst, god knows why...

No he shouldn't. As a designer I can tell you that i'm 99% sure it's the clients fault. Designers come up with different designs and the clients usually go for the worst, god knows why...

Sure but the designer still designed the shirts so I lay the blame on both the designer for coming up with shit templates/colours and for Liverpool for choosing these designs.

Lyon star Florent Malouda has revealed Liverpool are hoping to sign him.

The French international is seeking to leave Lyon for a new challenge with a top European side.

Malouda claims Liverpool are leading the hunt to sign him, but that there is also interest from several Spanish sides in his signature.

Liverpool are thought to be in the market for a new left-sided winger with Boudewijn Zenden and Mark Gonzalez set to move on and Reds boss Rafa Benitez is believed to have made Malouda his top target.

Malouda says he would be interested in a possible move to Liverpool and he is hoping to have his future resolved soon.

"There are contacts with Liverpool but they haven't made an offer to Lyon yet," Malouda told Football365.

"They are a good club and play in the English league, which is very interesting.

"I have no preference, I can also move to Spain. It depends on the club's ambition and their desire to sign me.

"I don't know if my transfer price is €25 million (£17million), it could also be €35million (£27million).

"Anyway the money won't be in my pocket so I don't care.

"I agree with my chairman when he says that all Lyon transfers have to be signed before the 30th of June.

"I am leaving, it is just a question of time."

I can't see Liverpool paying £17m+

Back
Top Bottom