Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

I am not so excited, more nervous...

Well were only 1-0 down at Half Time this time round.

Now can we have a 3-1 win please, get Crouch on.

I cant wait till the summer when we buy a decent left winger and a decent left back. Zenden does fuck all and Riise just hoofs it!

If Liverpool lose to that goal... Ouch.

If you paid one of the guys outside the stadium £2000 for their ticket... OOOUUUCCCHHH.

Damn :( No end product today. Crouch should have been brought on much earlier. I think we played really well in the first half, got quite unlucky. Milan played well to restrict us. Well done :applause:

Brave, Brave, Brave. YNWA

Milan shouldn't be in the comp, and Liverpool matched them in EVERY Area.

3 minutes stoppage time my arse! (See rafa angrily pointing at his watch)

We'll be back. They were there for the taking. Get some quality wingers in, and another striker, we'll be flying!

Ref was terrible, I know, but hey.

I blame Gerrard. Bear with me. He had a great chance in the first half and totally miskicked the shot, which bobbled along the box. Then he had SUCH a great chance in the second half, one-on-one with the keeper (albeit at an angle), and hit it so soft that it wouldn't have flattened a pissing daisy.

After that, he miscontrolled the ball more than once during build-up play. There was a build-up towards the end where the ball was played to him and he miskicked it so badly the ball flew backwards over his head.

Not one of his best performances, but the game as a whole was great. Both teams played exceptionally well, but the lucky first goal and the one-on-one miss above seals it in my mind as a match that AC Milan deserved to win. Congrats AC Milan.

Yeh he wasn't at his best. But he did win alot of the possession in the final third, did quite well behind Kuyt. More prominent then Kaka that's for sure.

Not one of his best performances, but the game as a whole was great. Both teams played exceptionally well, but the lucky first goal and the one-on-one miss above seals it in my mind as a match that AC Milan deserved to win.

Eh? A lucky goal and a missed 1-on-1 for the opposition equals a deserved win?! Didnt think either team deserved to win tbh, liverpool were in control for most of the game by basicly not letting milan play. Milan were rubbish for the most part and were fortunate to not be a goal down then be one up at HT. The only thing they did was a 20yard kaka shot that was confortably saved.

And liverpool didnt deserve to win either really, its all well not letting the opposition play, but when they were down they never looked dangerous and unlikely to score. And throughout the game it was mostly the hasseling of the defense that created half chances, were there any chances created by good football? Cant remember any.

The main player for me was mascherano, really showed his class with tackles and harrying that meant they never had time to play.

A final to forget thats for sure........and very painfull if you had paid 5000euro for a ticket (which was happening today).

You lot did look quite threatening in parts but didnt offer the final touch, Ive only seen the goals as they happend, so dont jump down my neck but the Milan 1st goal looked like handball and your goal looked offside but they both happend pretty quickly. No doubt about the 2nd Milan goal though...

you don't pay 5000 euros just to see an entertaining game. You pay it to hopefully watch the team lift the greatest prize in club football, no matter how they do it.

74230164xy0.jpg

you don't pay 5000 euros just to see an entertaining game. You pay it to hopefully watch the team lift the greatest prize in club football, no matter how they do it.

I know, which makes it all the more painfull when you lose.

@ metallica: Wouldnt have given a handball for the goal though, it hit his arm but he had it as flat against him as humanly possible.

I feel for you guys loads. You outplayed us in every area of the park. I was more than surprised. We scored a lucky goal, I was so scared when Kuyt scored!

All I can say is that I love your club and players. They were so gracious in defeat. We all watched the game and know Liverpool were better, but noone was bitter. I respect your team 100% and really hope you win the Champions league soon. You have good players, a fantastic manager and unbelievable fans.

For me its been an unforgettable year of footy. On July 9th Italy were crowned world champions, and now 10 months later AC Milan are Champions League winners. The two happening at the same time wont happen again, once in a lifetime occasion.

Thank you for a fantastic final.

Typical Inzaghi though, went off celebrating as if it was a mazy run from his half way line.

Credit where credit is due, he has an amazing record, I would love him in my team!

I feel for you guys loads. You outplayed us in every area of the park. I was more than surprised. We scored a lucky goal, I was so scared when Kuyt scored!

All I can say is that I love your club and players. They were so gracious in defeat. We all watched the game and know Liverpool were better, but noone was bitter. I respect your team 100% and really hope you win the Champions league soon. You have good players, a fantastic manager and unbelievable fans.

For me its been an unforgettable year of footy. On July 9th Italy were crowned world champions, and now 10 months later AC Milan are Champions League winners. The two happening at the same time wont happen again, once in a lifetime occasion.

:applause: :applause:

Enjoy the night m8.

Eh? A lucky goal and a missed 1-on-1 for the opposition equals a deserved win?! Didnt think either team deserved to win tbh, liverpool were in control for most of the game by basicly not letting milan play. Milan were rubbish for the most part and were fortunate to not be a goal down then be one up at HT. The only thing they did was a 20yard kaka shot that was confortably saved.

And liverpool didnt deserve to win either really, its all well not letting the opposition play, but when they were down they never looked dangerous and unlikely to score. And throughout the game it was mostly the hasseling of the defense that created half chances, were there any chances created by good football? Cant remember any.

The main player for me was mascherano, really showed his class with tackles and harrying that meant they never had time to play.

A final to forget thats for sure........and very painfull if you had paid 5000euro for a ticket (which was happening today).

perfect analisys mate, spot on :applause:

feel for u guys (as i felt for milan supporters 2 years ago).

nontheless congratulations for your great champions league campaign :applause:

As with the last game they played against Man U, Liverpool outplayed the opposition but couldn't deliver in the final third and were punished. I think it's obvious where the money needs to be spent this summer.

On the wing too ;)

Pennant is a very good player, but he isn't Liverpool quality. Zenden is almost certainly on his way out.

Pennant had the ball loads on the wing, but he didn't do nothing with it most of the time even when he was one on one with players. He didn't believe in himself.

Liverpool were the better team overall but goals win games.

Grazie :)

Zenden = shite
Pennant = pacey but can't cross to save his life imo. He hangs onto the ball for too long and moves too much infield....JUST CROSS THE BLOODY BALL!!
Gerrard = as soon as I saw him making wayward passes & shots, I knew it wasn't gonna be our night. He is our engine and yes, we do rely on him a lot, but he is something special. I'll let him off.
Kewell = I really don't understand why Rafa has so much faith in him. Seriously, he is utter poo poo
Kuyt = It was an off day for him although he scored. I think he will stay, but I don't rate him as much as when I first saw him.
Zenden = I mentioned he was shite already right?

Everyone else played ok. Mascherano was bossing the midfield though :shock: ...I still can't believe he is 23!. He will be a great asset to Liverpool under Rafa's guidance.

In a messed up way, it was perhaps a good thing we lost. I actually wasn't that upset as I thought I would be. I mean, with no silverware this year (a first since Rafa's arrival right!?) it'll be good to sit down and make some big changes - especially with the transfer kitty coming up. I'm not complaining, but we've been rather distracted by our recent cup successes.Hopefully, the future looks very bright.

The League is where our priorities should lie. Get rid of some naff players like Zenden (ARRGH!) and Kewell and bring in some proven goal scorers and wide players, and we should be ok :). Please Rafa, I do like your "right leg to fit into the table" analogy, but let's get some class players now!"

Last edited:

What Peter Eyres and rockykabir have said about their players, I agree 100% with everything.

I watched the match with Liverpool fans as I work with a few of them, and they said pretty much the same thing. The system against Milan was perfect, unfortunately the quality in certain areas wasnt.

Pennant had a sound game, but is he a player that should be in the Champions League final? And dont get me started on Zenden. What should be concerning for Liverpool is that you got in really promising areas but didnt have the quality to make something happen.

Mascherano, now thats a player. My man of the match, just ahead of Nesta. He was everywhere. He kept Kaka, Seedorf and Pirlo quiet all night. That one player bossing three awesome players, simply outstanding performance.

Benitez has worked miracles with a bad bunch, Im sure with some quality you'll win the Champions League many times. I seriously hope you guys do. Your fans after the game, simply marvelous :applause:

@Adonis:
Wasn't too pleasing for the Eye, but a great game .. almost nicked it at the end :(

Anyway, any news on whom are going out of the squad? I thought usually Rafa tells the Players after the Finals about it.

Back
Top Bottom