Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

So, Padelli in goal then? Should be interesting - it's a good way to blood new individuals when we know there is little to lose - the difference between 3rd and 4th is immaterial, as CL qualification is assured.

Hope God scores a goal today - would be a great way to go, however he is a long way past his best even though his instinct for good play is still there. I think the legs must have gone in 2002, shortly after he joined ill-fated Leeds.

Yeah remember him going for a ball not so long ago and he couldnt reach it and stumbled to the floor. Reminded me of my dad.....Old man!!! :lol:

Hopefully he can finish with a CL medal! ( a winners medal)

Well it's official now since Arse draws as well as Liverpool, but correct me if I'm wrong, isn't 4th spot would mean we have to go through a qualification first before getting to the knockout phase?

Anyway, poor Dudek, he must've pissed off Rafa that much that he didn't even make it to the bench vs Charlton.

Kewell, based on last night's performance, could be key if he were to play. Instant injection of pace and creativity. Very offensive minded, hopefully will be injury free next year. Arbeloa should eat sh*t when he decided not to pass it to Fowler for the tap-in.

Last edited:

Sometimes, playing the qualifier can be a good thing as when the Prem starts, you've already had a competitive game or two.

Loved the banner at the Manc game yesterday Fergie 9 Liverpool 0 Lol!

Dopes!

Dopes!

If we win on the 23rd we'll have our own banner...

Rafa 2 in 3
Whiskey nose 1 in 20

Forest have more European pedigree!

Dopes!

you can have your 9 if you really want, because we have 18:lmao:

Love the way United fans can't think further back then 1990, and when they do, it is to ramble on about being the first English team to win the EC.

00210_GreeceIsWord_new.jpg

:applause:

"Grease Is The Word" is a fucking awful programme anyway, I can't believe they can't come up with a shirt featuring something more tasteful...

I'll hold onto that pic,just in case I'm in the mood for banter if you lot bottled it.Good luck,you might need it again this time.

nope, just quiet fancied the shirt, especially the "you're the one that i want" ;)

Pretty awful shirt - there are better ones on the market stalls round here.

is it true Tevez stop his english classes because he joining Liverpool and bellamy heading to West Ham

Liverpool need a Tevez. I still don't rate Bellamy/Crouch/Kuyt highly enough for a club of Liverpool's stature(sp?).

SUMMER TRANSFERS RUMOURS

1. Rafa will swoop to sign Darren Bent for a bargain price now that Charlton are relegated.
2. He is also interested in Micah Richards
3. Rafa is heaping pressure on Alonso as he (Rafa) is annoyed at the player's stalling over signing a new contract. Although contractual business is on hold for a few weeks Rafa has had no "I'm staying" message from Alonso hence his use of Macherano in recent games. It is looking increasingly likely that Rafa will let Alonso go back home in the summer for approxinmately £15Million.The signing of Brazilian Lucas looks like another nail in the Alonso coffin!
4. David Villa and Daniel Alves are "overpriced" according to Rafa and he prefers to go for Raul, Bent, Eto'o and Simao who (combined) will cost less than Villa alone.
5. The exit door is now being held open for Dudek (obviously) Carson, Risse, Zenden, Kewell, Cisse, Bellamy, Fowler and Sinama Pongolle. Rafa will also consider serious and sensible offers for Alonso and Sissoko as both could earn him some serious money. Alonso is said to be considering his future with several spanish clubs waiting in the wings.
6. Carlos Tevez is viewed as the new Zola and efforts are being made to secure him on a similar deal to that of Macherano.
7. Rafa is about to sign another young Brazillian (striker) named Alexandre Pato.

Discuss.....

1. Rafa will swoop to sign Darren Bent for a bargain price now that Charlton are relegated. could be worth the risk for a good price
2. He is also interested in Micah Richards surely arsenal/chelsea will get him
3. Rafa is heaping pressure on Alonso as he (Rafa) is annoyed at the player's stalling over signing a new contract. Although contractual business is on hold for a few weeks Rafa has had no "I'm staying" message from Alonso hence his use of Macherano in recent games. It is looking increasingly likely that Rafa will let Alonso go back home in the summer for approxinmately £15Million.The signing of Brazilian Lucas looks like another nail in the Alonso coffin!rather have alonso to stay, better passer then anyone else in the team. However the midfield is limited when alonso and masch/sissoko are in the middle.
4. David Villa and Daniel Alves are "overpriced" according to Rafa and he prefers to go for Raul, Bent, Eto'o and Simao who (combined) will cost less than Villa alone. wouldnt bother with raul, probably be the same as morientes. bent and eto are worht the risk though. And simao looks good.
5. The exit door is now being held open for Dudek (obviously) Carson, Risse, Zenden, Kewell, Cisse, Bellamy, Fowler and Sinama Pongolle. Rafa will also consider serious and sensible offers for Alonso and Sissoko as both could earn him some serious money. Alonso is said to be considering his future with several spanish clubs waiting in the wings. well pongolle has already signed for th spanish club so dont think he's got anything to do with liverpool's door anymore. Fowler/dudek/zenden end of their contracts. Cisse not wanted by anyone. Bellamy to villa/blackburn. Riise should stay imo. Would we notice kewell leaving?!
6. Carlos Tevez is viewed as the new Zola and efforts are being made to secure him on a similar deal to that of Macherano. Could be a good signing on loan. Dont think he's worth the risk of a full price transfer though.
7. Rafa is about to sign another young Brazillian (striker) named Alexandre Pato. ?

Last edited:

that the PL and FIFA allowed. Yeah...

erm, I can't see us selling Riise, Alonso and Sissoko, particularly if we have 40m to spend from the yanks.

Tevez would be a great signing. I think we stand the best chance of all the English clubs, considering Mash being here.

Other players I'd be interested in: Alfonso Alves, Huntelaar

I would keep Kewell for one more season. If he can play like he has in the last few games, and stay injury free we could really benefit from a real threat on the left.

Back
Top Bottom