Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

I would keep Kewell for one more season. If he can play like he has in the last few games, and stay injury free we could really benefit from a real threat on the left.

Weve ben saying that since he signed :lol: . I would sell him if a decent offer comes along.

£14 million Brazilian on the way
21st May 2007

£14 million rated Brazilian striker Amauri will join Liverpool this summer as long as he is granted his application for an EU passport.

Amauri currently qualifies to play for Palermo under Italian league rules and will soon be eligible for dual citizenship.

The News of the World quotes the players agent as saying:

"There are offers from clubs in England, Italy and Spain.

"Liverpool have kept an eye on him but they could only sign him if he acquired and EU passport.

"Rafa Benetiz considers Amauri to be the best striker in Europe along with Didier Drogba."

I think he will be a great signing, although he may need a few seasons to come good (just like the drog)

doubt most fans have heard of him, so they won't be too pleased.

It is a little risky buying players from Serie A

sorry guys but i really can't see zamparini selling amauri. he bought him just last year, for 8 millions.....

..and btw nowadays his value is higher that 14 millions ;)

EDIT: if i do remember well, he already has an italian passport :)

Last edited:

Liverpool co-owner Tom Hicks admits they'll be shaking up the transfer market this summer.

The American tycoon, who recently completed his joint takeover of the club with George Gillett, has urged manager Rafael Benitez to focus all his attention on Wednesday's Athens showpiece.

But he has revealed that, whatever the result against AC Milan, Benitez will be dipping into the transfer market.

"I know we will make changes," Hicks told the Liverpool Echo.

"Rafa has already announced one signing in Lucas Leiva, who looks really good. I think Rafa will be a very busy man after Wednesday.

"The potential of Liverpool is even greater than I imagined when we bought the club. We knew all about Liverpool's history and tradition.

"The Istanbul victory was so important for the long-term legacy of the club, and if we can win a second so soon that really establishes us and makes Rafa's job easier to add some players.

"We've already started that process and next year we want to contend for both the Premiership and Champions League. Actually, we want to challenge for all four competitions.

"I know what Rafa tells me and I make judgements on his judgements. He has told me the types of improvement he feels we need to compete week in and week out. That's the challenge.

"In the Premiership, you need depth of players and motivated players. There's no problem finding the motivation to beat Barcelona or Chelsea. We know we have to have more consistency.

"He has clear views, and it was important to tie down Steven [Gerrard] and Jamie [Carragher].

"There will be others who follow. We've made very good progress with that, but nobody wants to take their eye off the ball for the next few days, but those deals will be done."

Juventus are planning a double raid on Liverpool.
The Independent says Juve will move for midfield pair Xabi Alonso and Momo Sissoko in the summer.

Xabi has seen new contract talks with Liverpool stall and is ready to ask away should manager Rafa Benitez leave him on the bench for Wednesday's Champions League final against AC Milan.

1. Rafa will swoop to sign Darren Bent for a bargain price now that Charlton are relegated. could be worth the risk for a good price
2. He is also interested in Micah Richards surely arsenal/chelsea will get him
3. Rafa is heaping pressure on Alonso as he (Rafa) is annoyed at the player's stalling over signing a new contract. Although contractual business is on hold for a few weeks Rafa has had no "I'm staying" message from Alonso hence his use of Macherano in recent games. It is looking increasingly likely that Rafa will let Alonso go back home in the summer for approxinmately £15Million.The signing of Brazilian Lucas looks like another nail in the Alonso coffin!rather have alonso to stay, better passer then anyone else in the team. However the midfield is limited when alonso and masch/sissoko are in the middle.
4. David Villa and Daniel Alves are "overpriced" according to Rafa and he prefers to go for Raul, Bent, Eto'o and Simao who (combined) will cost less than Villa alone. wouldnt bother with raul, probably be the same as morientes. bent and eto are worht the risk though. And simao looks good.
5. The exit door is now being held open for Dudek (obviously) Carson, Risse, Zenden, Kewell, Cisse, Bellamy, Fowler and Sinama Pongolle. Rafa will also consider serious and sensible offers for Alonso and Sissoko as both could earn him some serious money. Alonso is said to be considering his future with several spanish clubs waiting in the wings. well pongolle has already signed for th spanish club so dont think he's got anything to do with liverpool's door anymore. Fowler/dudek/zenden end of their contracts. Cisse not wanted by anyone. Bellamy to villa/blackburn. Riise should stay imo. Would we notice kewell leaving?!
6. Carlos Tevez is viewed as the new Zola and efforts are being made to secure him on a similar deal to that of Macherano. Could be a good signing on loan. Dont think he's worth the risk of a full price transfer though.
7. Rafa is about to sign another young Brazillian (striker) named Alexandre Pato. ?

Marseille want Cisse but not for £8m. he has had a good season with 15 goals in 28 games. I think Liverpool will have too lower the value to £7M as Rafa wants rid ASAP and Djib only has 12 months left on his current deal.

Anyone know of any daytrips still available to Athens?

I only got my ticket yesterday from Anfield and am scrambling around.

I had 6 credits and a season ticket and inly JUST managed it.

http://www.sportops.com/ChampionsLeague/docs/Final_Liverpool.html

http://www.lfctravel.com/

http://www.imaginations.org.uk/listNews.asp?NewsKey=62

http://www.bacsport.co.uk/pages/football/Europe/ChampsLge05/championsleague07.htm

not sure if there's any available

seen one guy on RAWK selling a flight from liverpool via krakow, £250 one way, leaves liverpool at 17;15 tonight get to athens at 03:40 tomorrow, says there's return flights available back to glasgow then manc which works out at around £115

apart from that not seen much else knocking about

EDIT: just checked them links, the bottom one looks like it has day trips still available for £575, the 3rd one doesn't say anything about being sold out but has contact details, the first 2 are both sold out

Last edited:

Thanks Fishy.

But tried all of them. No go. All gone.

Because I'm going on my own, I'd like a charter flight.

On the waiting list for one, but not hopeful.

My ticket is going to waste now!!! That's what they get for selling hem on the sly yesterday.

575 quid to Athens? Jesus, I got to Japan and back for less than that.
Try flights from Ireland maybe.

575 quid to Athens? Jesus, I got to Japan and back for less than that.
Try flights from Ireland maybe.

supply and demand though

imagine what it would've been like if your lot had been going as well? there'd be at least 100,000 people from the uk making the trip with the majority flying out today & tomorrow, would've been fucking murder getting a flight

A host of senior players will be made available by Liverpool over the summer.
Reds boss Rafa Benitez is preparing a major overhaul of his squad and The Times says Peter Crouch, Craig Bellamy, Sami Hyypia, Harry Kewell and Mark Gonzalez have reason to fear for their Anfield futures. Djibril Cisse and Anthony Le Tallec, having spent this season on loan, are clearly surplus to requirements.

Real Zaragoza defender Gaby Milito is a top target for Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez.
Benitez has already sounded out Milito's representatives about a move to Anfield and the Argentina international has publicly declared his hopes to see a deal done.

Liverpool will go into overdrive immediately after the Champions League final to land Milito, who is also being courted by Barcelona and Juventus.

Marseille want Cisse but not for £8m. he has had a good season with 15 goals in 28 games. I think Liverpool will have too lower the value to £7M as Rafa wants rid ASAP and Djib only has 12 months left on his current deal.

Didnt realise marseille wanted him, The last i heard he was having problems and rows. But that was ages ago. Might aswell take the 7mil as he only has 1 year left.

575 quid to Athens?

My dad's the same. He's got a ticket if he wants it off a mate but the price to go and the days he'll be losing for work will make it cost about 1000pounds in the end. He also has to fly out from amsterdam first aswell. Although he was considering a 500pound bet for liverpool to win to break even if they do :lol:

Anyway, he was at istanbul, wont get any better then that.

I'm going to watch it in a pub in camden with a couple of Londoners who happen to support Liverpool. I watched Istanbul with them aswell and it was quite funny.

When you were 3-0 down the only two positive people out of the group was me (Arsenal supporter) and my mate (Tottenham supporter). We told them it was possible.

It was quite a funny night - but I hope Liverpool lose and the only reason being, that I I'm completely jealous!! If Arsenal won it last season then I might have felt differently.

I just hope it is half as good a game as the last one between the two of you and it should be fun.

I was cheering arsenal on in last years final. The main reason being it would annoy jose even more, his main goal at chelsea and 3 years running now an english team has made it to the final :lol:

GET IN!!!

Just got a charter flight and I'm goin tomorrow with ticket and all.

On my bill though.

Hope it all goes well for you - don't start any trouble though as I've heard the police are going to fire Paint balls at you!!

A Paintball in the mushtie is not pleasant - believe me - ask PJ from Byker Grove!

have a great time KOP_007

wish i was going but can't afford it, well i could but i'm taking my missus and kids on holiday soon so would end up using most of the spending money we've saved to pay for athens, did that 2 years ago for istanbul and ended up cancelling the holiday, missus wasn't too happy so can't risk it again :D

I'll never, ever pay to go to a major final - I'd live in fear of spending hundreds of pounds and being presented with a match like the FA Cup final this year (at least watching it on the TV means you can change channel if it turns out to be the worst match in history). I could never forgive myself for spending enough money for all the next-gen consoles, and then sitting in a foreign country thinking "Jesus Christ I'd rather watch a Sunday League game than this shite".

I'm sure the CL final will be great though - but you never know.

I'll never, ever pay to go to a major final - I'd live in fear of spending hundreds of pounds and being presented with a match like the FA Cup final this year (at least watching it on the TV means you can change channel if it turns out to be the worst match in history). I could never forgive myself for spending enough money for all the next-gen consoles, and then sitting in a foreign country thinking "Jesus Christ I'd rather watch a Sunday League game than this shite".

Same here.......paying hundreds of euro's / pounds to watch a match that you might lose vs a new hdtv / ps3........

I know which one ill have. Was glad i didnt go to instanbul at HT back then. And when we won it i couldnt care less where i was :D

Just wanted to say goodluck to all the Liverpool fans. You have a fantastic team, and should you win you guys join us on 6 European cups. You deserve it, but hope you dont do it this year ;)

May the best team win.

Tnx adonis, although we've been given the pundits kiss of death:

Alan Hansen said he was 100% sure liverpool were going to win.

So you can be pretty confident and relaxed adonis, we're f#$%ek :lol:

Hopefully it will be as good as last time, or even half as good with offcourse the same result ;)

Back
Top Bottom