Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Calling us a little club ...two plonkers if you ask me and not a word of english between them!

But to compare the two issues, everton released a dvd on winning a match, liverpool are playing the final of the CL ;)

Here Alain:
“Historically they are not a big club, they are a monster,” said Mourinho.

“But in the last few years they only succeed in knockout competitions. If any team could be in our position, they would be in it.

"If you are a small club you fight for one competition and forget the others. The big clubs try the maximum they can. The risk is to win everything or win nothing.”

So in other words our history makes us a massive club but atm we play like a small one focusing on one competition. Its his typical way of having a digg while at the same time protecting himself by giving a complement. I wasnt actually bothered by his comment, as its partly true but then its also near impossible to do (even when spending huge amounts of money). He has the chance to now end up with only the carling cup, id rather focus on one big comp and do it well ;)

And benitez said the same thing, everton played like a small club parking the bus infront of their goal and doing nothing else. Cant really argue with that, liverpool do the same when they play bigger teams (although its mostly barca and i assume milan that are actually "bigger" teams, which is also a relative term anyway and pretty pointless to bicker about).

Like i said in my post, i would rather benitez show his lies up then start with small club blablabla comments.

Anyway, moving on to the final.

I think liverpool have a decent chance tbh, we can use crouch which i think they will have a hard time with, also noticed milan have trouble when they get put under pressure early when in possesion in defense (at OT it happend and they couldnt cope and for a small part of last nights game in the second half they were far less composed and lost the ball at a higher frequency, which brings me to kuyt running his socks off. Also think we need to stop kaka somehow, maybe get mascherano on him. Think benitez has learnt from teh last time when kaka ripped us apart so could be a much closer game this year.

But to compare the two issues, everton released a dvd on winning a match, liverpool are playing the final of the CL ;)

Here Alain:

So in other words our history makes us a massive club but atm we play like a small one focusing on one competition. Its his typical way of having a digg while at the same time protecting himself by giving a complement. I wasnt actually bothered by his comment, as its partly true but then its also near impossible to do (even when spending huge amounts of money). He has the chance to now end up with only the carling cup, id rather focus on one big comp and do it well ;).

yes agree about what you said,he even added in this interwiew chelsea were not even comparable with liverpool(just to reply at the post above)

Its not what he's technically saying though, its what he's insinuating, that we have a massive history but atm we're a small club. Which is insulting as its makes us everton :lol:

lol come on lads credit were its due , dont knock us we kicked your ass 3-0, simple as that , who else has done that to you in the last couple of years...

LOL.jpg

:shock: Man utd and there waga are in londons west end today, auditioning for the parts of danny and sandy ... its a last ditch attempt for a chance to play in GREASE!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last edited:

following on from the recent scandal of fixed phone in competitions man united have decided to sue uefa for letting them enter a competition they never stood a chance of winning

finally figured out what the A.I.G on united's shirts stands for, Almost In Greece

lol tell us about the last time you won the premiership

following on from the recent scandal of fixed phone in competitions man united have decided to sue uefa for letting them enter a competition they never stood a chance of winning

That ones old, mate. And it was made for Arsenal. Well done for recycling it, must have taken a lot of effort. :roll:

typical scouser, stealing something then claiming its theres

tom tom have recalled all their sat nav systems cos manchester can't be found anywhere in europe AGAIN YOU MANC CUNTS

Think someone's bitter :mrgreen:

Even funnier is the fact you illustrated it on a fake 'Pool top from 02/03 season. :lol:

Think someone's bitter :mrgreen:

Even funnier is the fact you illustrated it on a fake 'Pool top from 02/03 season. :lol:

never bitter, just got a bit riled for being called a 'manc cunt'. The fake top is apt though don't you think?

What is the name of the usest chant ? (dont think YNWA)...Fans was singing it a lot in 1/2 against blues..
Thanks

They should have won though, fowler should ahve scored a sitter, and bellamy could have done better. Also fulham were lucky not to be down to 10 men before ht. Saw the highlights and the last 10min of the match and liverpool were the stronger team, which i think is quite good for a reserve team against a relegation fighting team.

I'm surprised Benietez didn't field a stronger team because surely Liverpool would want to finish as high up as they can, in this case, 3rd place. I don't know how much extra money you get if you finish 3rd compared to 4th place but the team selection showed little ambition. Maybe the players were tired after going the distance against Chelsea but nine changes is a lot against a team, on its own ground, that is determined to avoid relegation.

You get get a tough draw if you don't win the CL too. Remember struggling a little last time... can't remember who against.

Maccabi Haifa, or tel aviv haifa. One of them.

I'm surprised Benietez didn't field a stronger team because surely Liverpool would want to finish as high up as they can, in this case, 3rd place. I don't know how much extra money you get if you finish 3rd compared to 4th place but the team selection showed little ambition. Maybe the players were tired after going the distance against Chelsea but nine changes is a lot against a team, on its own ground, that is determined to avoid relegation.

But liverpool should have won with the team out, they created enough chances. Dont think there is much difference between 3rd and 4th, especially not when you can win the CL and the marketing that can follow that if you save yourself and finish 4th.

:lol: Congrats on Man U winning the league but if you bother to read the crime figures, it seems there are more "robbing....scum" in Manchester. One would think Marukomu that you more than anyone (as you live in Japan like I have) would know that stereotyping is something you should avoid.

milan.cech - it was "Fields of Anfield Road", based on the "Fields of Athenry".

Last edited:

:lol: Congrats on Man U winning the league but if you bother to read the crime figures, it seems there are more "robbing....scum" in Manchester.

Yeah, we should close the M62 to stop you lot going there :lol:

Rafa's gamble to play a weakened team knowing that Arsenal might drop points against Chelsea might pay off yet if you sneak 3rd. Everyone will forget the Fulham game.

Back
Top Bottom