Liverpool Thread

Re: Liverpool Thread

Rafa was too cautious. bringing on a 2nd striker after 70mins is madness!! Zenden is a joke, rafa has no confidence in Gonzalez at at all.

Kuyt is not good enough. runs all day but thats about it!

Gonzalez has been sold to betis. Rafa went through all that trouble too get him for nothing. I think he had more too offer.

www.lfc.tv

Mark Gonzalez is set to leave Liverpool for Real Betis after one season at the club.
Rafa Benitez today confirmed the two sides had "almost" reached an agreement over the Chilean winger.

Bolo Zenden, whose contract expires in the summer, has also been told he can talk to other clubs.

Benitez said: "I was talking with him before and I said he could talk with other teams. He knows the situation.

"It's clear some players will leave. We almost have an agreement with Real Betis for Mark Gonzalez."

Last edited:

myself said:
Tnx adonis, although we've been given the pundits kiss of death:

Alan Hansen said he was 100% sure liverpool were going to win.

So you can be pretty confident and relaxed adonis, we're f#$%ek

TNX Hansen, you Tosser!!!! :lol:

Looks like you lot are getting blamed for all the trouble yesterday, much the same as we got blamed for Roma. Are they building up to another ban because we look like dominating Europe again?

Looks like you lot are getting blamed for all the trouble yesterday, much the same as we got blamed for Roma. Are they building up to another ban because we look like dominating Europe again?

Can't believe it - They mess up everything, which means that genuine fans who have paid lots of money to see the match - are told they can't get in!! I think anybody would go mental!

what do you mean WE?

as soon as you get drawn against a decent team you'll be out on your arse again, and it'll not change cos slur alex never learns ;)

as for the crowd problems, uefa needs to take a good look at it's ticketing policy, there should be at least 75% of the allocation awarded to the finalists, sod all the sponsors and corporates, even the allocation given to the locals should be looked at as far too many tickets end up on the black market

uefa have created a situation where there's always gonna be genuine fans who can't get tickets so end up looking to the black market which fuels extortionate prices and the number of forgeries available

there were supposed to be 3 ticket checks last night yet loads got in with fakes whilst people with genuine tickets were locked out, will uefa do anything about it? will they fuck, they'll be too busy slapping each other on the back

Dunno mate but to be fair i think i've had my fill. i feel almost as much pressure supporting my club as my club does taking part. Think i need to do something else with my time, im getting angry and bitter with todays football and taking it out on other people, im not like i was when i was 14!

Im constantly wound up by how accepting everyone is of poor officiating whether it be for or against - it really shouldnt be tolerated in this day and age with the sport as big as it is and massive prestige and money involved.

Kuyt is not good enough. runs all day but thats about it!

Nah he is good enough thought he held up the line well last night, it's just he lacks pace but next season he will get better.

I guess it the year of Italian football.

As gutted as I am about last night I have no bitterness
towards Milan i'm glad we lost it to them.

The ref was shite way too many one sided decisions.

It was nice to see Maldini lift the trophy for his very last time the guy is a real legend.

I guess now for Rafa is to cut out the sentiments and tell players they have no future at the club.

He must spend well this summer, we'll be back.

Dunno mate but to be fair i think i've had my fill. i feel almost as much pressure supporting my club as my club does taking part. Think i need to do something else with my time, im getting angry and bitter with todays football and taking it out on other people, im not like i was when i was 14!

Im constantly wound up by how accepting everyone is of poor officiating whether it be for or against - it really shouldnt be tolerated in this day and age with the sport as big as it is and massive prestige and money involved.

I can't believe that the full 3 minutes wasn't played at the end and there were substitutes aswell during the injury time! it was very suspect to me. The ref has a good record of being in games where AC Milan come off as winners?

I got depressed last night after you guys lost - it just made me think of last year when we lost it - only 15 more minutes and it would have been ours. At least you guys have won 5 already.

you walshys_mullet on RAWK?

just read a similar post on there

But Gaillard responded: "It is very easy to say it is not a suitable stadium, coming from the man that invented the poll tax.

"The Milan supporters didn't face the same problems because they didn't behave in the same way.

"The kind of pushing that was going on and the attempts to jump over barriers - imagine if we had turnstiles, we could have had a tragedy.

"More than three hours before the game there were incidents at the Liverpool end with people trying to get in either with fake tickets or jumping over the barriers.

"It is obvious that at one point the police felt overwhelmed and it is much to their credit there were no dangerous incidents.

"I am very sorry for what happened to fans who had regular tickets but at the same time there is a collective responsibility in terms of behaviour.

"This area was all for Liverpool fans and the bulk were obviously extremely honest people who had got tickets in the right way and observed the rules.

"But unfortunately because of a minority who did not they found themselves in a very uncomfortable and unpleasant position."

Gaillard defended Uefa against any responsibility for the problems, adding: "The only responsibility we could have is that we did not choose a stadium with 250,000 seats, but unfortunately they do not exist."

A couple of points from this;

Firstly milan didnt even fill their allocation so no wonder there was no problems from them.

Secondly, i would have thought liverpool fans would know better then to try to get in without a ticket. We all know what the possible consequenses are when it goes to far and goes wrong.

Thirdly, its a bit easy and shorthanded to say the only critism UFEA could get was not choosing a 250.000 stadium. They should have gotton the ticketchecks in order, at the very least!

Know how you feel, although i have it to a lesser extent. Aswell as the general cheating and lack of consistancy the general bullshit coming out of players, managers, pundits and fa bodies really pisses me off aswell. But i have more important things to worry about and do so that takes the edge off. Its only a game......

Antred/Walshy you make some good points on RAWK mate but a lot of people have you down as too negative though.

I think we have to put things into perspective:

- In the past two years, we have reached 2 finals
- Time after time, we have beaten Europe's best; and mostly favourites.
- This year alone, we beat the Spanish Champions and the English Champions (both favourites for the cup too)
- Milan have a lot more on their plate. Other than seeking revenge, they finished Serie A at 4th position (after the match fixing scandal) and were desperate for the cup. I'm not saying that we weren't hungry for the victory but perhaps we were becoming too complacent in thinking the cup is gonna be rightfully ours again.
- We were decent throughout the game - but only missing 2-3 decent players in certain positions....
- ...decent players we can hopefully now buy given the extra funds coming in.
- We are back to being considered as a serious contender in the European scene. The Kop will no doubt enjoy many glorious European nights :8):

Losing a final is horrible - but it's not all down the dumps. It's not always gonna be perfect, but that's football.

Given the choice between winning 2 years ago in the fashion that we did and now, I know what my choice will be. Of course I would want to win them both, but you can't have everything right? There is always next year...and the future does look bright.

Even Rafa is contemplating about spending £20m+ on a player! whihc is a good thing to hear. Liverpool prides itself for bringing up class team players but it'll be good to see some proven class rather than a hopeful for a change.

Antred/Walshy you make some good points on RAWK mate but a lot of people have you down as too negative though.

I know mate - trouble with me is i dont bestow legendary status on someone until they've proved it and Rafa for me hasnt done so yet. A decent title challenge is a must, and we havent had one in three years. yes we are building but he's still had money to buy players, i dont expect to win the prem but i do expect a challenge for it.

And bestowing legendary status on him to me is a bit of an insult to Daglish, Shanks, fagan and Paisley.

Trouble on RAWK is that any criticism is met with defeatism for some reason because we arnt towing the line and praising everything Rafa does. My problem is for a tactical genius he sometimes makes some really obvious whopping mistakes, like last night for example playing two wide men but with Kuyt up front. Its those glaring errors that makes me wonder - and in the prem his preffered style of play just doesnt work, its too continental for a fast paced league. maybe that will change if we get quality but from what i've seen so far he's great on the continent but way short everywhere else. If the prem was spain we'd be champs by now.

So somewhere along the line he needs to adapt his approach especially away from home where we come up short.

So its not negative, its being a realist, i desperately hope we can win the league year on year and every year have that hope but every year brings the same disapointments.

Well said Rocky.

What's interesting this year is the noises coming from Rafa and the Yanks regarding transfers. They really are indicating that we have identified top class players that will propel us to the next level. And surely now any player should see that we are a club on the up, what with the new stadium on the not so distant horizon too.

Honestly, If that lucky Inzaghi goal didn't go in, we'd be pissed up and celebrating a 6th CL title IMO. That's the fine line in football at this level.

Masherano was immense, i hope we hold on to him. Had Kaka in his back pocket. Milan got their second once he came off, as Kaka picked the ball up in front of the defence for the first time in the game. Strange decision by Rafa.

UEFA are a disgrace, they are actually worse that the FA. They were shambolic and so they get the old card out and blame the English. Maybe Gallaird had a word with the ref thus prompting him the end the game prematurely when we just lumped another ball up to crouchy.

Last edited:

what do you mean WE?

as soon as you get drawn against a decent team you'll be out on your arse again, and it'll not change cos slur alex never learns ;)

Try reading it again son, or ask someone to explain it to you. When I said we, I meant English teams. :roll:

Try reading it again son, or ask someone to explain it to you. When I said we, I meant English teams. :roll:

thats what i meant, english teams are starting to do well again in europe but your lot won't be dominating, not until slur alex goes anyway ;)

Just had a quick read of this, brilliant!
George Gillet said:
If Rafa said he wanted to buy 'Snoogy Doogy' we would back him

They'll be doing a roaring trade for the next week or so now! I wouldn't mind, but he's only worth ten quid (twenty with shipping), perhaps that's telling of Rafa's real budget for next season! :lmao:

Linked with:

Tevez
Owen
Morten Gamst Pederson
Trezeguet
Torres
Quaresma
Alves
Villa
Eto
Simao