Liverpool Thread

two hours left , and I'm ready for it , damn I was waiting this for so long .
a bit nervous before match , we "always" play 0=0 with Stoke , so I'm hoping this dosn't happen today , a win would b very important for us to make players motivated and have a good start.

also playing Stoke makes m afraid of some injury , they are very agresive so hoping to dont see Coutinho injured.

3-1 liverpool

Wooosh.....

Had trouble sleeping last night. Like an excited kid

Hope I dont end up disappointed like the last 6 years

Hughes is a different coach to Pulis, i´m sure Stoke won´t play as in past...

I read a quote some where that Hughes was shocked by some of the footballing quality the squad actually possesses (given that Pulis had then playing American Football for 10 years) so it should be a different side all together!

Looking forward to watching this, which is a bit weird.

Just glad football is back!

Interesting to see the new signings and how Stoke play

1-0, Liverpool are looking good so far. Although nearly conceded at the end with Lucas clearing on the line from a corner, which came about from a very poor decision from the referee. New season, same bullsh!t.

Fortunately they didn't score, but the defense is looking as vulnerable as last season. Not sure how well Coutinho or Aspas are playing....as I'm having to watch the match on a crappy stream as the tv companies over here in NL haven't managed to get their act together yet with Murdoch coming in and buying the rights with only limited amount of companies having the international matches. Thanks.For.That.

Aspas and coutinho, both playing very well.

Nice , quick touch passing. And also rolling balls through the midfield, looks promising.

Defence and keeper look suspect on crosses and set pieces

PHEW...... looks like our luck has changed for this season, should have won 5-0 . last season that would have finished a draw, 3 points on the board happy days move onto next game

Exciting first match. I think we played well and had a lot of clear chances. We only suffered because we played against one of the best GK in the league. What a saves in the end by Mignolet. Amazing.

Exciting first match. I think we played well and had a lot of clear chances. We only suffered because we played against one of the best GK in the league. What a saves in the end by Mignolet. Amazing.

Great game....glad to see the win and thanks to Mignolet for the clean sheet !!

Our performances will improve as Aspas gets more EPL experience...

I don't see any reason whatsoever why Wayne Rooney should be booed. He is a professional who wants to work for another company. Something that happens for all of us. I've never beeb booed when i went to my former employers, let alone by my current one...
Some people might think there is a big difference for football players. They are so wrong.

Football affects many people lives, in way a company worker won´t.

Yes and ???

Its the religious following aspect of football that makes a difference, its a betrayal for Rooney to leave the club in a different way than it would be for you to leave your job. Although I understand what you're saying, he's a man looking to fulfill his career ambitions like anyone would, his every action is being followed by millions of fans.

It would be similar to if you were a top scientist working in a company and your experiments/products are the reason the companies stock price is up. If you leave and take your ability with you, and the stock price goes down then the board of directors and anyone who has invested money in that business because you have kept thw price up will be 'booing' you. Rooneys exposure in comparison to the scientist is what makes the difference, people know he's the reason for any loss of skill in the team while people aren't so aware of top scientists.

I hope my point is clear, I realise I rambled a bit toward the end :)

Yes and ???

well following a football club in many cases is a matter of many years, even lifetime for some people.. players are employees, but they represent some institution that affect millions of people.. fans don´t view players as employees most of the time, but as people who do all their best to represent the club they love.

i think football would be nothing without the fans, and the fans need also some respect.

that idiot branca, along with another idiot (strama), should have never been allowed to let player like coutinho go from inter.

I can see both your points, but i don't agree. Pipa's view about the importance of the fans is romantic, but old fashioned. Not a single club will admit it, but fans are not that important, television money is. The fans are relatively i
Portant because of the merchandising. The most loyal fans ( the ones that go to all matches) are unimportant because at most big clubs the demand for tickets is very high, so these fans become interchangeable.

The problem is that most football players are not very intelligent and bad communicators. Every time i hear a player say that he finally starts to play for the club of his dreams i have to laugh. It would be refreshing if a new player would have the guts to say: "My aim is to earn as much money, i see this club as a step up to a bigger club and expect to stat two or three seasons. Of course being a professional i will do my utmost to serve the club, but don't expect me to kiss the badge after i score, that would be hypocritical." I wonder how the fans would react in that case.

Liverpool deserved to win the match yesterday as they played better than fucking Stoke City and they created more chances. Why on earth is Walters still allowed to take penalties :LOL: ?

It would be refreshing if a new player would have the guts to say: "My aim is to earn as much money, i see this club as a step up to a bigger club and expect to stat two or three seasons. Of course being a professional i will do my utmost to serve the club, but don't expect me to kiss the badge after i score, that would be hypocritical." I wonder how the fans would react in that case.
I recall that Benoit Assou-Ekotto said almost exactly what you quoted.

Adebayor has said something similar, but that x% of anything he earns goes to his old village in Africa and that that is his main goal for playing* and making as much money as possible. Or something along those lines.

* Or in other words, getting a lucrative contract and then doing bugger all till the next contract renewal.

I can see both your points, but i don't agree. Pipa's view about the importance of the fans is romantic, but old fashioned. Not a single club will admit it, but fans are not that important, television money is. The fans are relatively i
Portant because of the merchandising. The most loyal fans ( the ones that go to all matches) are unimportant because at most big clubs the demand for tickets is very high, so these fans become interchangeable.

The problem is that most football players are not very intelligent and bad communicators. Every time i hear a player say that he finally starts to play for the club of his dreams i have to laugh. It would be refreshing if a new player would have the guts to say: "My aim is to earn as much money, i see this club as a step up to a bigger club and expect to stat two or three seasons. Of course being a professional i will do my utmost to serve the club, but don't expect me to kiss the badge after i score, that would be hypocritical." I wonder how the fans would react in that case.

i also mean the fans that watch TV, they even in different parts of the world like this preseason do CARE about the team and the players and want certain players to behave as loayal servants of the club. Half if not 3/4 of those people became fans since Istanbul probably and stick with the team during bad years and buy the merchandise... if they didn´t like the team and certain top players like Gerrard, Suarez or Torres in past..they wouldn´t buy things and the club would not make so much money..

you don´t have to watch matches in anfield to care about the team.. i follow the team same way, and all foreign or maybe even domestic fans do, becouse of high prices of tickets, who knows.. my point is not romantic only, but also realistic...If the players give me impressions they just don´t care about the fans or club at all, like Suarez did in fact.. i would not buy ticket to watch them on Anfield, or i wouldn´t watch them on TV..

that idiot branca, along with another idiot (strama), should have never been allowed to let player like coutinho go from inter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CjHqs3Pw354

Philippe Coutinho created more chances than any other player in the Premier League on the opening day of 2013-14.

1148815_10151929359352573_1717747604_n.jpg

Do not understand why people post videos of players touches or stats after one game? Half of the touches aren't anything special and the creation stat after one game and not exactly against great opposition is meaningless.

Back
Top Bottom