Killzone 2

http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6205187/p-13.html

Looking at that there's LOADS to unlock, regardless of getting the highest rank! :SHOCK:

-------------

What's our full clan name? That clan link that Rad posted last doesn't work and the site is otherwise working fine, still saying no such clan. I can do a search by name though.

The website doesn't have ANY of my stats online either. It's as if I haven't even played a single game :( Same with Rads, just shows his logo but no stats.

Cool, thats good enough for me! Combining badges will be cool.

As you might have noticed, there is a glitch in the stats. This is affecting pretty much all stats (clanstats, my killzone, etc) site-wide. The webmonkeys are working on the double to find and fix this problem as soon as possible.

Guess GG/Sony didn't expect this much of a rush for the game then? The website hasn't really worked right for a while now.

Possibly around 8-9pm? If we set a game up, can we make it so friends can be invited too? Got two workmates who'd join our games as well I think.

I've found I'm having more joy in the game by hanging back from the frantic battles and creeping around the edge of the map and finding a spot where not many people go. Usually there's some kind of ledge or walkway as well where you can pick people off who are just charging around like ants :)

I'm actually looking forward to playing this a bit more tonight :)

dags that isnt right, and you're never going to learn that way. Holding a position is fine for clan/competitive play, but simply hiding and picking people off in a pub game is pathetic.

Didnt any of you guys ever play a PC FPS competitively? Seems to be a fair few naive fellas on how these sorts of things work...

Did I say I was just camping? No. But I'm not going to charge into one room where 20 people are throwing grenades at each other and die every 5 seconds. And who said anything about hiding? The maps are designed so that there are multiple access points to any one area so I'm hardly sat in a little cubby hole either :ROLL:

Have you played Killzone 2 online? Everyone charges to the same position and get killed constantly. How is that fun or realistic in any way? If that was really you, would you charge into a room knowing the room is full of the enemy and grenades flying everywhere? :ROLL:

Yep, some naive fellas here definately ...

Think you'll get bored of it Rad as you have unlocked everything?

I don't know - Team Fortress 2 had no ranking up at all, everything was available right away and I could still be playing that right now. I'm not into being the main guy out there racking up kills, I much prefer being the support guy either reviving dead people or dropping spawn flares off or bringing in turrets to protect our team. So I will be able to have fun doing that no matter what everyone else gets up to.

Calling people clueless idiots is a bit out of order IMO. Maybe some people are new to FPS games. Like me. It takes a little while getting used to it.

Not everybody is a "die-hard" or "pro" or whatever you want to call them!
Give people a chance FFS.

You mean when I was talking about the people who ignore the objectives and run around like headless chickens? How hard is it for them to look at the instruction manual and see what each game mode's objectives are - or pay attention to the icons and audio on the game that's telling them where to go and what to do?

If someone is clued up enough to pick up the speaker, run across a full map and get a few feet away from capturing but then decide to ignore that objective and try to get some kills then in my book they are idiots.

There's a gigantic difference between someone who has never played FPS games and can't get used to the controls and style of play right away and someone who is feet away from completing an objective that they have chosen to pick up themselves and then ignore that and run the opposite way. Or being told on the screen with text and through audio that 'YOU ARE THE TARGET - STAY ALIVE' and then seeing them run off into the middle of a huge battle :CONFUSE:.

The radar constantly informs you of the objectives, the text informs you of what you're supposed to be doing and the audio screams what to do along with constant reminders about the time left on the clock.

If those people don't want objective style modes where they have to follow instructions then that's what bodycount only games are for, Mindless shoot-em-up fun.

Possibly around 8-9pm? If we set a game up, can we make it so friends can be invited too? Got two workmates who'd join our games as well I think.

Yeah I took the password off the game's I've been setting up so everyone can join. If we can get a decent amount of people online we can just set up our own games and will be able to avoid the abusive nutters out there.

I'll have to grab a list of what setting I picked so anyone can start a game off and have the same settings. I think most of them are default though except the time limit on body count is set at 10 mins or maybe 15 and im sure i upped the score limit a little. FF is off for now and auto balancing on, I noticed last night in that OGC game everyone selfishly joined one side over and over so when i auto assigned I'd be on a team of 4 of 5 against a team of 9 or 10. Quite annoying.

Last edited:
dags that isnt right, and you're never going to learn that way. Holding a position is fine for clan/competitive play, but simply hiding and picking people off in a pub game is pathetic.

Didnt any of you guys ever play a PC FPS competitively? Seems to be a fair few naive fellas on how these sorts of things work...

competitively :DD, I still play DOD on PC most weeks but I still prefer the tactical and sniping side to games rather than the charge in frag fests.
Don't get me wrong I'll still do it but I'm finding it hard to adjust to the pad...

You mean when I was talking about the people who ignore the objectives and run around like headless chickens? How hard is it for them to look at the instruction manual and see what each game mode's objectives are - or pay attention to the icons and audio on the game that's telling them where to go and what to do?

:P I just banged the game on and went straight online, I was trying to work out what all the buttons did when I re loaded, changed weapon, threw a frag and killed myself...

... I noticed last night in that OGC game everyone selfishly joined one side over and over so when i auto assigned I'd be on a team of 4 of 5 against a team of 9 or 10. Quite annoying.

That could be done to the UI. I find the KZ UI quite confusing and you are never sure (and I mean intuitively, I know all the info is on screen) where to go or what to do.

i.e. readying up for example is hidden away and not clear, switching sides is hidden on a tab that you use R1 to get too.

I know - but I wonder how many people realise what is going on in the UI and just auto select a side, then wait till the game starts after the time limit, rather than readying up...?

I'll have to grab a list of what setting I picked so anyone can start a game off and have the same settings. I think most of them are default though except the time limit on body count is set at 10 mins or maybe 15 and im sure i upped the score limit a little. FF is off for now and auto balancing on, I noticed last night in that OGC game everyone selfishly joined one side over and over so when i auto assigned I'd be on a team of 4 of 5 against a team of 9 or 10. Quite annoying.

Dont mess with OGC. they are mean and arrogant, just ask SJ :LOL:

If someone is clued up enough to pick up the speaker, run across a full map and get a few feet away from capturing but then decide to ignore that objective and try to get some kills then in my book they are idiots.

There's a gigantic difference between someone who has never played FPS games and can't get used to the controls and style of play right away and someone who is feet away from completing an objective that they have chosen to pick up themselves and then ignore that and run the opposite way. Or being told on the screen with text and through audio that 'YOU ARE THE TARGET - STAY ALIVE' and then seeing them run off into the middle of a huge battle :CONFUSE:.

The radar constantly informs you of the objectives, the text informs you of what you're supposed to be doing and the audio screams what to do along with constant reminders about the time left on the clock.

If those people don't want objective style modes where they have to follow instructions then that's what bodycount only games are for, Mindless shoot-em-up fun.

Instruction manual! I'm a bloke, I don't read them!! :)

Understand where you are coming from but personally I'm not very good at this yet and still get a bit confused on what I'm doing even though I know what to do (that probably doesn't make sense to you though). I'm not thick at all or an idiot. I'm just not used to these games yet. I will pick it up and I'm starting to enjoy the game more every time I play.

I play with the OGC and a lot of you guys ended up in the same game last night. pbb76 kept team killing me though!! :)

Understand where you are coming from but personally I'm not very good at this yet and still get a bit confused on what I'm doing even though I know what to do (that probably doesn't make sense to you though). I'm not thick at all or an idiot. I'm just not used to these games yet. I will pick it up and I'm starting to enjoy the game more every time I play.

I play with the OGC and a lot of you guys ended up in the same game last night. pbb76 kept team killing me though!! :)

you are an idiot :APPLAUD::BOP: hehe jkz.

How you finding the game?

The climax at at the end of the last level is pissing me off, throughout the whole the game their has been well placed checkpoints and now they've disappeared.

2 hours and counting and I still haven't completed it yet, 3 times I've gotten very close and then I die and have to start from the beginning again. very annoying.

:RANT:

I can fully understand things like not knowing the maps so even if you pick up the speaker you have no idea what the hell to do next or the best way of getting there. Then the assassination target can be difficult if you don't know the maps and end up running somewhere to hide that is right next to the enemy spawn camp.

Basically if you see a pentagon shape on the radar in the top left - that's where you have to go towards.

But I'm talking more about those WILL be hiding in a building and have the rest of the team outside with turrets and guns keeping the enemy away and then they'll suddenly decide to run out of the building and try to get some kills. They clearly know enough to start the objectives but then for some unknown reason, like the other day every game i was in had someone who would just think 'ah fuck this' after 30 seconds and go out on the assault.

If someone has no idea at all you can tell a mile off and understand - in fact the first time I was the assassination target I hadn't noticed and was expecting it to be someone else - i was that caught up trying to take some guy out who i was aiming at before i was selected that when i did notice i was the target i was surrounded. But it's those who clearly know what they're doing as they'll be doing their best to stay alove ir get the speaker and then out of no where as if someone else has stolen the pad from them decide to do the opposite of what the objective asks.
---

[qiote]The climax at at the end of the last level is pissing me off, throughout the whole the game their has been well placed checkpoints and now they've disappeared.

2 hours and counting and I still haven't completed it yet, 3 times I've gotten very close and then I die and have to start from the beginning again. very annoying.[/quote]

Oh yes the part where you have to 'advance' forward - I know what you mean. Just wait till you get past that area...

Yea, sorry bout that! :LOL: didnt realise friendly fire was on till it was too late, then even then, when I saw a good chance to grenade a room, I cooked it and by the time I released it, 4 of my team were in there... oops!

I will have to sort a headset out too.

you are an idiot :APPLAUD::BOP: hehe jkz.

How you finding the game?

Well sometimes I am!

I didn't want to switch off last night but unfortunately I've got to get up and I require some zzz's.

Just need to rank up a bit quicker to unlock stuff. I get a bit annoyed where it seems like I empty 5 bullets into someone and I'm dead with one shot.
It just takes a bit of perserverance and I suppose I am enjoying it. I feel as though it will get better the more I play it.

One other thing that annoys me is if I'm in a team of 5 and 4 have already formed a squad, I'm stuck on my todd spawning miles away from everyone else.

Calling people clueless idiots is a bit out of order IMO. Maybe some people are new to FPS games. Like me. It takes a little while getting used to it.

Not everybody is a "die-hard" or "pro" or whatever you want to call them!
Give people a chance FFS.

When I said clueless idiots I wasn't referring to people who are new to FPS games, I'm referring to the idiots that deliberatly ruin the game. Shooting/meleeing your own teammates on purpose qualifies for idiots in my book. I can accept it when a grenade comes over or someone makes a mistake and kills me, but when I keep seeing that they're doing it on purpose it's just wrong. They are totally oblivious to the bigger picture and avoid the main objectives so they can purely go around shooting everything in sight. They are clueless as to how it spoils the game for others.

It ruins the game for me when not only have I got to watch out for the opposition but my own teammates...

EDIT: This isn't directed at you in anyway Pbb. We've all had our moments shooting someone by mistake.

Last edited:
I played some assassination only games yesterday and after a few rounds clicked and realized that the clan were cheating and ruining the game for the rest of us. A few clan members would join our side and the rest would join the other. The clan members on our team were TK'ing our team allowing the others to win, and if a clan guy on our team was selected they would suicide themselves giving the other team the win.

I reported them all as cheating using the in game grief option but crap like that ruins games.

Exactly, that's happened to me too. I thought I was seeing things :LOL:.

I hate it when people do things like that.

I'm enjoying playing games with friends anyways, I think it's the way forward.

Last edited:
How you getting on with it Dags? Sticking to it?

I haven't enjoyed an FPS game as much since BFBC online. I might even stick this out and collect all the medals ect. I'm enjoying the SP aswell, but Veteran is really challenging. I'm dreading doing Elite already.

It took me a while to work out what was going on because when you die the colour of the text is exactly the same in my eyes as when a team mate kills me. I can see when other team mates kill other team mates because the text is clearly the same colour. I can see the difference when an enemy kills a team mate, but I can't work out if a team member has killed me or not when I die because the text is highlighted and both names look the same colour either way.

Noticed the killzone site is running a lot better today and it seems it's because they've temporarily severed ties with the game. Which will be why our stats are not being tracked or shown.

-

When I said clueless idiots I wasn't referring to people who are new to FPS games, I'm referring to the idiots that deliberatly ruin the game. Shooting/meleeing your own teammates on purpose qualifies for idiots in my book. I can accept it when a grenade comes over or someone makes a mistake and kills me, but when I keep seeing that they're doing it on purpose it's just wrong. They are totally oblivious to the bigger picture and avoid the main objectives so they can purely go around shooting everything in sight. They are clueless as to how it spoils the game for others.

It ruins the game for me when not only have I got to watch out for the opposition but my own teammates...

EDIT: This isn't directed at you in anyway Pbb. We've all had our moments shooting someone by mistake.

It's all cool buddy.

Friends play is the way forward as the ones I play with play it properly (and I try to aswell :) )
OGC, AVF & Evo-Web will have plenty between everybody to get some good games going.

Yeah definitely I can't stand it for more than two rounds with randoms online. Was on for about 6 hours straight the other day with the AVF boys and Rad :CONFUSE:, it's just so addictive when you're playing with good people.

Just think how much more fun it will be when they release the map pack and add the vehicles in online!

How you getting on with it Dags? Sticking to it?

I haven't enjoyed an FPS game as much since BFBC online. I might even stick this out and collect all the medals ect. I'm enjoying the SP aswell, but Veteran is really challenging. I'm dreading doing Elite already.

It's not bad. 32 player servers are just not fun but 16 player servers are pretty good for the maps. I think it'll get better when people change to different classes because at the moment everyone has to play run-and-gun style because of the starting limits.

I know I enjoyed COD4 MP straight away and that just clicked with me, whereas this feels like a chore at times, kinda like I'm just grinding away in an effort to just compete whereas with COD4 and BFBC I enjoyed them from the start. I don't think I'm far from getting my medic class so that should freshen things up.

Still not played the SP though :LOL: I get that guilty feeling that I did with COD/BFBC when I go to start SP and think "hang on, I could be earning points and ranking up in MP instead ... sod it, I'll play MP!" :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom