Killzone 2

Whats the scoop with the SP progress Rad? I'm on the last mission and it says 18% completed?!

I know there are badges and intel to collect, but not enough to make it up to that surely?

I'll be on after Spurs have beaten Man Utd in the final.

Whats the scoop with the SP progress Rad? I'm on the last mission and it says 18% completed?!

I know there are badges and intel to collect, but not enough to make it up to that surely?

yeah the intel and helghast icons make up the majority of the percentage it seems. im at 49percent and have finished the story and maybe found 10 intels and 5 or 6 helghast icons. very strange. unless the trophies affect the percent total?

I played a game earlier with 32 players with the notion that I would be able to get some of the ribbons easier with more targets.

While that is true and I managed to get a few ribbons a little easier, the 'fun factor' took a massive hit. I have no idea how I found 32 player games fun to begin with. You spawn, you die, you spawn, you die. There's just far too many bodies on the maps, especially the close quarters style maps to have 'fun'. Everyone gets in each others way, you have 6 guys blocking a stair way all refusing to back down and let the others pass so one grenade takes out the whole lot.

I'm going to be sticking to maximum of around 16 players from now on. You at least have room to breathe.
-

Also we'll have to sort out a night or time when we all plan to go online in our own game. I kept joining games full of clueless idiots today. I'm convinced 80% of the people I bumped into today had no idea what they were supposed to do.

Either they'd become the assassination target and decide that instead of hiding they'd prefer to run off and try and get kills as if it was fucking team death match.

Then you have the search and retrieve games - At one point a guy had the speaker and was a few feet from our tower and inexplicably decided to run away from the tower to try to get some kills. Needless to say he died and the other team scored and ended up winning. I made 2 captures in that round and I'm sure I was the only man on our team even trying to do so.

-

I'd love to play with just us and our friends in our own room.

Yeah I'm all for that, I hate playing with these clueless idiots online, no one works as a team.

I completed all the objectives in a game the other night with 31 others, everyone else just concentrated on shooting the crap out of each other. People were even meleeing their own players at the start when they were running in to each other.

I think we should get significantly more credit for achieving the objectives. On that whole game I came bottom of the list even though I actually did what the game asked me to do. Now I see why people just concentrate on shooting others.

Last edited:
Cheers Rad, not just me who thinks 32 players is madness! That was why I didn't enjoy the first night I think, sticking to 16 players is far better tho.

I'm up for a 16-player game between friends tho :)

Yeah too many are just playing for kill points and ignoring the objective points. Maybe partly because they can get more points for a few kills that 3 or whatever points for an objective. The thing they fail to realise is if your team win you get a multiplier bonus which can bump your final points up into the 100+ area.

I personally think the game lets you rank up far too quickly. I've hit top rank now and have all the classes on offer. I have played quite a bit online but I was expecting it to take me much longer. Sure I have the ribbons to get to unlock some secondary weapons

One big negative thing is once you hit top rank you never get that 'how you progress' feeling after a match. The game should really show you your latest ranking and stats rather than just saying 'oh you're at the top rank now, and here's how you did in the last game'

Shame that you're at the top rank already. Part of (the best part?) COD is ranking up and it takes a while to unlock everything and get the highest class. If you've got the top rank already, then that's half of my joy of MP gone :(

Maybe they'll release a prestige type mode? Or add a few ranks on with the next patch.

The thing is, if you've unlocked everything, what is the motivation for continuing? Other than say clan matches. A couple of the lads at AVF are now talking about having party modes with other AVFers such as no classes/perk just the basic weapons. 100 kill body count matches. Search and destroy rifles only.

what is the motivation for continuing?

Fun?

Once you hit the top rank you still have to unlock the extra perks like proximity mines, health packs or air support drones and they'll take a while to get. And then maybe the leader boards are enough to keep your interest trying to keep yourself in the top 500 or 1000.

After all of that I think the only thing to keep groups of people interested would be clan battles and maybe co op vs bots. So you get 8 or more humans and try to take on the highest difficulty bots.

What are we doing tonight then? How many of us are getting online? If it's only a small handful we'll be better off joining other games which can take a while when you're looking for something specific like no ranks blocked and more than 1 map over and over

Killzone 3 will be out by then. :BOP:

:COAT:

What are we doing tonight then? How many of us are getting online? If it's only a small handful we'll be better off joining other games which can take a while when you're looking for something specific like no ranks blocked and more than 1 map over and over

I'll be available in and hour or two.

I'm still not wholly convinced about multiplayer, it feels a bit like a chore compared to COD and R6V2. Not sure if I'll grow to like it more either, regardless of medics or engineers.

Already getting bored of the maps as well, which isn't good.

Good games again tonight lads and lasses, good job my new headset aint arrived yet because i was yelling at Sarah to shove that shotgun up her ass.

Some good games last night - wasnt too keen when it was 2 v 2/3, but the bigger team games with the AVF guys was good fun.

I didnt realise that they had friendly fire on and I was about -10 at one stage! :LOL: damn those grenades!

In the smaller games we had, I was getting well pissed off with Jay as he kept killing me :( Then I realised it was KRad who must have the 'cloak' perk unlocked!!! Makes things very confusing as everytime Jay got near me, I had him in my sites! :LOL:

Finally, I unlocked the 4th level last night (think it was 4... where you get the shotgun) and then I made sure I confirmed everything, then quit back to the menu. When I checked my stats, it was showing the stats from before the last game and I was still showing at level 3 - is this a bug?

M404 Error: Clan Not Found
The clan you were looking for does not exist.

Has our clan been disbanded or just site problems?

Also, can anyone confirm if you quit a game, do you get the points you earned during the match? COD gave you a results screen even after quitting a game but KZ2 doesn't show anything so it doesn't look like you do get points unless you stay for the whole game?

Last edited by a moderator:
Some good games last night - wasnt too keen when it was 2 v 2/3, but the bigger team games with the AVF guys was good fun.

I didnt realise that they had friendly fire on and I was about -10 at one stage! :LOL: damn those grenades!

In the smaller games we had, I was getting well pissed off with Jay as he kept killing me :( Then I realised it was KRad who must have the 'cloak' perk unlocked!!! Makes things very confusing as everytime Jay got near me, I had him in my sites! :LOL:

Finally, I unlocked the 4th level last night (think it was 4... where you get the shotgun) and then I made sure I confirmed everything, then quit back to the menu. When I checked my stats, it was showing the stats from before the last game and I was still showing at level 3 - is this a bug?

Because their servers are being hammered so much it takes a good few hours for your stats to be sent across to the website and then back to confirm you're at that level. It should be unlocked for you today. I had the same problem when I unlocked the assault class and the Saboteur class, neither of them were selectable all night so I though that maybe the server had them blocked but then they failed to appear in other games after that. They eventually showed up the following morning.

The 'cloak' ability, well it's actually the Saboteur class who has the ability to disguise as an enemy unit. The giveaways though are if you aim at them their real name will appear above them along with your cross-hairs turning red. Add to that, they won't have any colours on show (or so I've read) so a Helghast unit who is actually an ISA in disguise won't have the orange eye lights and the other way round won't have the blue chest light.

Has our clan been disbanded or just site problems?

Also, can anyone confirm if you quit a game, do you get the points you earned during the match? COD gave you a results screen even after quitting a game but KZ2 doesn't show anything so it doesn't look like you do get points unless you stay for the whole game?

I've not done anything with our clan so it should still be there. The site is down for me though.

I've no idea about points if you quit a game - I don't think I've ever gained them but because they don't appear to be added I have no idea. Best way would be to check your points, start a game, get 5 points then quit and check the total out again. Though like Pbb said his stats weren't showing up right away so you'll probably not see an update until a few hours later if at all.

The 'cloak' ability, well it's actually the Saboteur class who has the ability to disguise as an enemy unit. The giveaways though are if you aim at them their real name will appear above them along with your cross-hairs turning red. Add to that, they won't have any colours on show (or so I've read) so a Helghast unit who is actually an ISA in disguise won't have the orange eye lights and the other way round won't have the blue chest light.

Cheers for the stat advice - hopefully it will be working later.

I got that in the end with the saboteur class, i.e. when you hover over them, your cross hairs go red and 'your' name appears - thats why I had to keep my sights on Jay when I saw him.

I think that class is shite in small games like we had, but I bet its brilliant in bigger games where you can sneak in and around big groups of the opposing team.

Overall, still loving KZ2 though - its very addictive and whilst hard (for me), I find it rewarding. In COD, I can win the odd game each day and finish top 3 many times - in KZ, I am rarely off the bottom, but its still fun.

Think you'll get bored of it Rad as you have unlocked everything?

Calling people clueless idiots is a bit out of order IMO. Maybe some people are new to FPS games. Like me. It takes a little while getting used to it.

Not everybody is a "die-hard" or "pro" or whatever you want to call them!
Give people a chance FFS.

http://uk.gamespot.com/features/6205187/p-13.html

Looking at that there's LOADS to unlock, regardless of getting the highest rank! :SHOCK:

-------------

What's our full clan name? That clan link that Rad posted last doesn't work and the site is otherwise working fine, still saying no such clan. I can do a search by name though.

The website doesn't have ANY of my stats online either. It's as if I haven't even played a single game :( Same with Rads, just shows his logo but no stats.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom