Killzone 2

What time you guys not forgetting Sarah, on tonight...
About 8-9pm here too probably. I'll have to add you on PSN Nick, I keep forgetting to.

I did really enjoy it last night, a couple of times I got team kills because I couldn't see a thing- there was either that much going on at once or I had blood splattered all over my screen!! So apologies to whoever I got, I know I got you Rad a couple of times, I felt like a right tit! Did love it though, give you more of a challenge with friendly fire on, plus I played Hardcore modes often on CoD so I was a *bit* used to it but it's so different. Still can't see myself going back to CoD anytime soon, this is much better for me.

I'll be on from 8.30pm most likely. Get your headsets on chaps and chapesses lets have a proper session :).

They said a bit ago they were working on adding new maps that feature vehicles. It should be on the official forums somewhere.

I didn't think you had it Jonney? Didn't you say you were waiting for it to drop to £20?

I didn't think you had it Jonney? Didn't you say you were waiting for it to drop to £20?

im basing what i have seen from the demo i played. might not be a fair judgement on it but feature wise kz2 seems on top especially online play which was dead in gears2 and pretty dates on halo 3

I don't like either

Especially the kiddiefest that is Halo

what fps games do you like then if any?

I liked COD4 but it got boring after playing it alot and COD5 got boring even quicker with the old WW2 setting again

Vegas was the best FPS i have played in recent years but Vegas 2 was a bit of a washout as well. I think i'm just getting bored of them altogether really because its just the same old shite with different locations and graphics

Saying that Fear 2 is awesome but that's because of how atmospheric it is and and Far Cry 2 had its moments as well

PB Rad was really pissing me off with that thing i kept shouting at you "What the fuck are you doing?" until the Mrs came in and told me to shut it.

My headset will be here tomorrow so someones gonna get an earfull. Oh and i'll try and get on tonight.

Last edited:
Might not be on tonight, time with the missus, but if I am on it'll be late (after 10pm or so).

im basing what i have seen from the demo i played. might not be a fair judgement on it but feature wise kz2 seems on top especially online play which was dead in gears2 and pretty dates on halo 3.

I'm sorry but KZ2 infrastructure is absolutely piss poor online. The game itself is decent, but nobody has topped what Bungie created for Halo 3. The features both within the game and via the website are second to none. I am yet to see (with the PS3) the benefit of dedicated servers, each developer implements their solution differently - a seemless experience it is not.

I'm sorry but KZ2 infrastructure is absolutely piss poor online. The game itself is decent, but nobody has topped what Bungie created for Halo 3. The features both within the game and via the website are second to none. I am yet to see (with the PS3) the benefit of dedicated servers, each developer implements their solution differently - a seemless experience it is not.

have you played kz2 online? have you looked at their website on how it records every stat of you known to man? have you also seen the cool feature that shows a top down 2d version of a whole round played by you previously on the kz2 website?

Have you not read up on the vast amoutn of stuff you can unlock, from weapons to perks.

Have you not seen the vast amount of different class's that you can be and ones where you can create your very own unique class?

Can halo 3 cater for 32 players online? if not then that is a benefit of dedicated servers and a BIG one too. look at the games that run over 16 players online and you will quickly see that they run fine with over 16 players because they are dedicated servers made. frontline fuel of wars, resistance 2 and now kz2? the advantages is rigth there man

Rad or anyone else who knows alot about this game, could you please continue my post and explain the vast amount of online features this game has to offer?

although i have not fully tried and explored halo 3 online in infrastructure but the things i have mentioned, does halo 3 have them and do it better?

Last edited:

I've not played Halo 3, so maybe I can be wowed, but I'm very impressed with the online side of KZ2 - maybe the best i've experienced in a game.

Zero lag, no connection problems and the rank system is cool. Couple that in with the tie in with the KZ.com site - which includes replays of your battles in tactical view (albeit down at the moment), dont think any game has done that.

What make Halo3 so good? Not being funny - genuine question!

:LOL: Snap JonneyM!

I'm having a blast with this game online. I was online literally the whole weekend ranking up. I have one more rank class to complete all the ranks. The game is very addicting and fun. At first I was having lots of trouble aiming due to the slow response, but I've since then adapted and it now feels natural. The most kills I've gotten have been "20". There's nothing like going into a room full of enemies and taking them out one-by-one by pumping bullets into their backs LOL.

Having said that, I really can't wait for the maps and vehicle inclusions. Again, graphics are not "mind blowing" as some would say, but they are good enough. They remind me of Fallout 3 graphics which I think were ok. I'd much prefer COD 5 graphics but that's just me. Granted, both COD and KZ2 are awesome games in their own unique way.

I started the single player campaign on "Veteran" difficulty which is great fun, and put it on hold due to the addicting online play. This game is very nice and I def got my money's worth.

My PSN ID is JOSIE07 if anyone is interested to add me as a friend.

Peace!
;-)

Last edited:
I removed the passwords so we can just get people in so we're not stuck with 2 vs 2.

Here are the settings for the server I set up.

To create your own game go into Warzone then Create Game and then pick like the bottom space and do the following
Name: [EWB]All Welcome (Or maybe something else, maybe just 'All Welcome' is more welcoming for people who don't want to join a server that might be full of clan mebers.)

All Maps selected
All Missions selected
All Badges selected

* Max Players 16 (Though I think we can go as high as 20 before it becomes ridiculous)
* Faction Balancing [ON]
* My Rank Range [NO]
* Friendly fire [OFF] Until everyone is used to the game and wants it on.
* Enemies on radar when shooting

No Passwords

Everything else default

To edit the game modes scroll to the bottom where it lists each mode and then press :x:

Bodycount
Max Kills 50
Mission Time 10 Minutes

Assassination
Target Defend Time 1 Minute
Mission Time 5 Minutes

Search & Retrieve
Flag Maximum 3
Mission Time 5 Minutes

Search & Destroy
Explosion Detonation Time 40 Seconds
(I think that's default I'm not sure but it basically means you have 40 seconds to disarm 1 bomb, if the defenders disarm 1 bomb the countdown stops so 40 second isn't too long or short)
Mission Time 5 minutes

Capture & Hold
Maximum Point 50
Maximum Capture Time 10 Seconds
Mission Time 5 minutes
-

I think that's everything.

From what I remember about the Halo games, KZ2 offers the same and then adds a ton of extra stuff on top. I can't really think of much that halo offers that you would say is an essential part of any good FPS game that isn't in KZ2.

KZ2 has off the top of my head

* Different Classes
* User Created Games
* Customisable Game Rules
* Badges and weapon unlocks
* Statistics tracked and shown on the KZ site
* Ability to join friends games without being invited
* Battle Replays

Vehicles are supposed to be coming sometime soon in the map pack

The only thing I can recall Halo 3 having would be the 3D in game replays and the forge mode i think its called. But they're hardly essential parts of a FPS game.

The only real big feature I feel KZ2 lacks is a buddy system to allow friends to get together and then join a game - but they omitted that to stop groups of friends joining a room and then dominating whoever was in there having fun originally.

Zero lag, no connection problems and the rank system is cool. Couple that in with the tie in with the KZ.com site - which includes replays of your battles in tactical view (albeit down at the moment), don't think any game has done that.
Seconded, I too have yet to see any lag what-so-ever. I've tried a Halo game [can't remember which but it was offline] and it did my bloody tits in, couldn't control it for shit, seemed more unresponsive than this is supposed to be [which I don't have a problem with.] I much prefer this over Call Of Duty online at the minute, and this is coming from someone who pretty much had sex with it. Not literally... but you know what I mean.

Anyway let's just concentrate on whatever game we like and have fun, isn't it what it's all about?! :BOP:

And yeah you do get the rank up points Jay.

PATCH NEWS

Hi folks,

Boost
we've identified and fixed the bug to do with the boost medal not being awarded. It will go into a patch we are working on at present, but there is a workaround in the mean time to get it. Simply ensure that you are the Game Creator rather than client and you'll be awarded it.

Network Errors/Honor Ranks
We are also looking at fixing a good bunch of the network errors and are looking into the complaints about the Honor Ranks as well as a couple of other bits and pieces. We'll provide a list of fixes when we are close to releasing the patch.

Bots
We're working on a permanent solution for the bots stat padding and have some internal solutions that we're going to work on implementing. We'll let you know what those are when we've got the patch together and the solution implemented.

We will NOT be wiping ALL stats and padders will be looked at individually by the moderators.

www.killzone.com is being sorted out today to deal with the massive traffic its been facing and hope to have some long-term solutions in place shortly.

The stats are currently empty on the site and will be repopulated today.

Controller Issues
We have not stopped looking into the complaints and will see what we can do about it. Any possible changes will have to be carefully implemented and tested before being deployed though.

Charge disarming
We have identified the issue where sometimes the C4 charge in Search and Destroy will not disarm. Will be fixed with the next update.

Shotgun Aim Assist
Investigating the problem and will patch it up.

Clan Games
Sometimes the clan that does not turn up for a match is awarded the win under specific circumstances. Will be patched ASAP.

Battle Replay for Map 8 - Corinth Crossing
The BR on www.killzone.com is not quite right and will be fixed soon.

Ignore list
Was found not to be functioning correctly. Will be fixed in the next patch.

Crashes
Crash when using Saboteur disguise in certain situations. Will be fixed in the next patch.

Infrequent crash when trying to start a game with an empty game name. Will be fixed soon.

Medic/Assassination
There is an issue with the Assassination target HUD icon displaying when playing as a Medic. Investigating and will be fixed.

Thanks and apologies if I am not responding to all questions, PMs and threads. There are simply not enough hours in the day to help all of you out and I have to work on the issues themselves. So please stay calm and sensible and everything will get fixed up soon. As you can see we've fixed up a bunch of the problems you have encountered as well as a couple more you might not be aware of. The important thing is to be patient. Any patches have to be carefully implement to ensure that no additional issues are introduced.

Seb Downie - Producer - Guerrilla Games

That's dedication... if only these guys made COD. :LOL: Brilliant that they are even looking into doing something with the controls as well as fixing all the other reported problems, you don't see that too often these days. Ta for posting.

Back
Top Bottom