Killzone 2

I'm guessing GMT.

-

I've just jumped online and 3 of us are in a room 'All Weclome' that's full, and then there are 3 others in different games that im blocked from due to my rank.

:(

How do you revive people online!!!

These stats just don't update quickly/properly at all. I've just finished a game and got told I needed something like 20 points to the next rank. Looking over my stats, it says 66 :ROLL:

That game was fun especially on the Tharsis Depot map when we were all trying to save the C4 charge area. I managed to revive Radiation twice! But sadly I had to leave before the game ended and got none of my points. :(
Also Dags the same happens to me. My stats are always delayed.

I was on a mission as a medic tonight. Was successful on all 4 rounds, now I've got 4/8 on the ribbon. It isn't too bad reviving 5 people in a round TBH, I imagine the turret badge is difficult to get.

Good games tonight chaps! I kept killing jay aswell every time I saw him. Sorry mate I wasn't making a b-line for you, honest :P

what time zone do you guys talk about when you say 8.00? im from toronto so the times would probably be different

Yeah you guys are 5 hours behind GMT right? so our 8pm (20:00) would be 15:00 for you wouldn't it.

(I have a friend who lives in Ottawa)

Last edited:
Its ok you were all doing it. I managed to rank up a bit tonight im enjoying it loads more although some of the games tonight were manic.

yeah 20 players is a bit much.

i was in a game today that had 40 players in. i have no idea how but i noticed it halfwaythrough a game that felt more crazy than usual and when i counted the teams there were 40 names on the list!

Yea bit too many for me tonight in the OGC games and I was shite again - gonna take me years to rank up!

The shotgun helps though, but I often like to hang back and take long shots, which you cannot do with the shottie...

Really looking forward to being a medic! I get revived about 50 times a round (cheers guys, appreciated!) so be nice to return the favour.

yeah 20 players is a bit much.

i was in a game today that had 40 players in. i have no idea how but i noticed it halfwaythrough a game that felt more crazy than usual and when i counted the teams there were 40 names on the list!
40? i thought only 32 is the max?

Thats rich coming from Mr chores.

:P I got a few games in last night, still suck... I'm going to have to read the manual as I have no idea how to change class.

Did we ever have a clan game it always came up as none for me and you guys were playing in a full game so I just played where I could.

I guess some people are well up the rankings I was getting blasted by people with zero recoil at times...

I did really well in my games last night, got 45 points in one game! :D I had a few goes with the shotgun and I did a lot better on the smaller/corridor maps with that gun, then switching back to the assault rifle where the maps were more open.

Enjoying it more than I did on the first night :)

I did really well in my games last night, got 45 points in one game! :D I had a few goes with the shotgun and I did a lot better on the smaller/corridor maps with that gun, then switching back to the assault rifle where the maps were more open.

Enjoying it more than I did on the first night :)

Me too - got the shotgun last night for the first time, map loaded and withing 30 seconds I'd killed 2 people with 2 shots - "here we go" I thought, but it evened out after that and I started to suck again.

The structure of the game is odd in MP - almost as if its going to get better and more interesting the more you play it rather than more boring - quite good really!

Well done on your 45 point haul, thats great - think my best so far is about 22 :(

Any chance I could play with you lot on this please Rad ?

Yeah of course - I'll add your name onto the clan thing or if you don't want the clan tags you can just join our games when you see us online.

40? i thought only 32 is the max?

I'm sure 32 is the maximum but it listed 40/32 players in the room halfway through the game and the scores at the end had 40/32 players. I looked at the battle replay to see if it would be on there but it only lists 32 players and anyone not listed just show up as 'Unknown #1 ----> Slayer321'

:P I got a few games in last night, still suck... I'm going to have to read the manual as I have no idea how to change class.

Did we ever have a clan game it always came up as none for me and you guys were playing in a full game so I just played where I could.

I guess some people are well up the rankings I was getting blasted by people with zero recoil at times...

When you join a game you have 4 tabs to pick from before you play. The first tab is the ready up screen. press R1 and you'll see the 'classes screen' R1 again takes you to the 2 teams view where with the OGC again last night it was 16 vs 9 or 12 vs 7 :YAWN:. R1 again takes you to the squad screen where you can join a 4 man squad.

Be aware you have to manually press X to ready up to be able to join the game - there is no automatic join.

[Clan Game
When i got online a bunch were in a game called 'All Welcome' which had been set up by others. After everyone grew sick and tired of the same maps over and over we all quit and only SJ and Pbb,bbbb,bbbb (as ogc say) were online on the OGC game so we joined that.

Who are the OGC and where are they from? I'm guessing 'Old Gits Clan' ?

Recoil
I don't think there is anything later on in the ranks that decreases your recoil. Maybe those who are highly ranked up are just used to controlling the weapons more?

---------------

On another note - I noticed a lot of people last night have the 'top %' icons by their names. Now i checked out their scores, and ranking and rank on a few and im miles above them and have nothing. Very crappy, it seems they handed them out randomly this week.

Yeah, loads of people have complained about people being in the top % but their stats not actually being good enough.

At least they're fixing stuff and releasing patches though, good support.

When you join a game you have 4 tabs to pick from before you play. The first tab is the ready up screen. press R1 and you'll see the 'classes screen' R1 again takes you to the 2 teams view where with the OGC again last night it was 16 vs 9 or 12 vs 7 :YAWN:. R1 again takes you to the squad screen where you can join a 4 man squad.

Be aware you have to manually press X to ready up to be able to join the game - there is no automatic join.

[Clan Game
When i got online a bunch were in a game called 'All Welcome' which had been set up by others. After everyone grew sick and tired of the same maps over and over we all quit and only SJ and Pbb,bbbb,bbbb (as ogc say) were online on the OGC game so we joined that.

Recoil
I don't think there is anything later on in the ranks that decreases your recoil. Maybe those who are highly ranked up are just used to controlling the weapons more?

:TU: Need a head set now...

Yea, and that is one of the clans on the AVF forums - I've got alot of them as friends for other games too and all seem jolly decent chaps one and all.

Must get my headset sorted out! Couldnt make out what people were saying through the speakers and didnt hear the "pbb...bbbbbbbb" :LOL:

This all sounds very gang culture like.

'EH BLUD IM GONNA GET DOWN PRIME TIME TO SALAMUN MARKET AND SHOOT ME SOME OGC AND AVF COS THEY BE JAMMING ON MA TURFZ. KZ2 BELONGS TO EWB. U GET ME? EWB 4 LIFE HOMIES.'

:LMAO:

Yeah no problem

Yea, and that is one of the clans on the AVF forums - I've got alot of them as friends for other games too and all seem jolly decent chaps one and all.

Must get my headset sorted out! Couldnt make out what people were saying through the speakers and didnt hear the "pbb...bbbbbbbb" :LOL:

I killed a few OGC after disguising myself as one of them and some one said 'who the fuck is K...KRadi..KRadiation? - Someone said 'Oh he's pbb bbbb bbb b's mate'

I love the saboteur class - as soon as assasination starts and we have to kill them - you change to that class and then rush like mad at the target and shoot the shit out of him before he can move.

And then on search and retrieve the assault class is great with the 'boost' perk. it lets you run at an incredible speed, so you pick the speaker up, tap right on the d pad and sprint like Speedy Gonzales to the tower.

OGC = Old Gits Club
They originally started via AVF but it can be a bit strict on there so their own website was formed. Most are still members on AVF but on the OGC site you can be naughty and swear at each other! :)

Seriously, it's just a site setup for like minded players who are generally over 30 (some younglings have snuck their way in though but they act like old farts so it's all good). Everybody just takes the piss out of each other without anybody getting uptight or defensive about anything. Constant banter and peetaking basically. Us oldies also like a moan aswell!

I stumbled across it after being invited through a fellow Welshman on AVF. I was looking for people of my age who still like playing games. I was fed up off playing against little kids TBH. It's mainly PS3 players aswell as the 360 threads are hardly ever posted in.

It's invite only or via recommendation from current members. Requests can be made but it's been locked down a bit lately due to a bit of grievance with some AVF FIFA players.

I would say a lot of members prefer the FPS type games but the recent FIFA league was good aswell.

Good bunch of lads in all fairness.

I've noticed a lot of you in the same room the last few nights and enjoyed the games. I get killed a bit too often for my liking but I'm getting better. This game is getting addictive. I'm liking it a lot more than I thought I would even with all it's frustrations.

Back
Top Bottom