Killzone 2

I enjoyed the EWB game last night Much slower-paced and tactical, exactly how I expected it. Didn't like the map much though, bit too cramped with corridors down the lower levels.

Oh yeah, if you quit a match before it "officially" finishes, you lose all the XP that you gained during that game We were playing that map for AGES last night and I must've racked up a fair bit, wanted to turn it off and lost everything! Not amused at that.

Yeah the academy level is the smallest of the 8 - I selected that at first because there were only 2 of us in the game (Me and Blaccat).

For the time limits - are there any games modes that the majority of us hated from last night?

Bodycount is the team deathmatch mode - Now I enjoy this mode but you know, it feels a little out of place when it's mixed in with the other modes. you suddenly go from objectives on the map to 'kill everything'. I don't mind keeping it but I just thought id throw that in as it really stood out last night when we'd go from thinking about the map just run and gun.

Assassination - I think the time limit we had was a little too long - especially when we only had a few people on each team - it meant that if one of us died the target was screwed on his or her own. I think I had it set to 2 minutes and the default is 1 minute.

Search and Retrieve - This is the one where the propaganda speaker appears on the map and you have to grab it and run it to your propaganda tower. I don't think we had any problems with the time for this as it was default.

Capture and Hold - 3 Areas appear on the map and you have to capture them for points, first team to fill the meter wins. I don't think we had any problems with this again.

Search and Destroy - I think the time for this was a little harsh by default. It takes a good 10 seconds to defuse the bombs yet the countdown clock starts at a minute. with only a few of you playing it means you're basically screwed if you can't get to the bomb area in time because on the bigger maps it'll take a good minute to get to them. Though with more players it's not as big of a problem.

I guess even with the times being strict both teams get the chance to attack and defend on all of the modes so no team has an advantage there.
-
-

The servers are down because they're working on the bot problem apparently.

I really enjoyed all the modes Rad - only thing I would say is when there is only a few of us (i'd say less than 6), then we should go and join other games...

Yeah We'll have to think of some sort of system as well for all following each other. I don't want to be a bossy git and say 'right everyone, follow me I'm taking us here' because who made me the boss?

I don't mind organising the games and finding smaller servers. Like Dags said 16 max players is less frantic (And it means YOU get to be part of the action more so you have a better chance at getting points even if your team loses)
Maybe we can just go for those the next time. But I don't want to dictate where we go so someone is left thinking 'hmm I'm not keen on 32 or 12 or 16' I'd prefer something else'.

It's a little frustrating that when you search for a game you can't find anything specific about the server - So you have no idea if FF is on or if any weapons or classes are turned off.

It'll be easier to go between games if we have headsets or at least if the majority of us do and those without just send a pm to anyone saying 'yes or no' to any questions. Like if a few of us join up in a game together and then others come online and want in but can't get in (due to ranks being blocked) we can just say 'shall we start our own server off as we have 8 of us online?'

I've been charging my headset all day today as when i turned it on last night it had like 10 seconds worth of charge before it would die each time. I haven't even set it up with the volume and sensitivity or anything yet so i don't even know if i could be heard clearly or if it was too loud or too sensitive. I'm sure when i was sat closer to the tv it was picking up the tv audio so i moved back. I don't want it set so it's hardly picking me up and i dont want it too sensitive so it picks up every breath i take, i hate when you join a game and have to listen to Darth Vader playing along side you.

To anyone who could understand me - was it alright? was it too loud? did i sound gay? was it clear? too quiet?

Quite liked all of the modes really.

I might just get a shitty USB headset for the time being I think, cheap enough on eBay I imagine?

Multiplayer is simply superb. I will add you all.

Last edited by a moderator:
I effing loved Search and Destroy and Assassination. Lot of pressure on you though when you're the target but a good laugh trying to hide and stuff. Had a quick go earlier today, some guy has this gun that I've never seen before, I managed to pick it up and have a quick go, it was like the SAW from Call of Duty 4, badass too.

Also sorry to Rad I had to go earlier our lad woke up from his nap.

Ah it's cool - I ended up jumping into a game with matt and the AVF guys. I managed to rank up to Saboteur but it seems they have that class blocked. I read a post on the killzone site 2 days ago where someone said he had ranked to that class and went online and couldn't pick it and was asking if anyone knew why - I assumed he had joined a room where it was blocked/turned off but it might be globally turned off if something is screwed with that.

Here's our new Clan Homepage
http://www.killzone.com/kz/clan.psml?kz_clan_id=11657

I noticed in the instruction manual it says you can send messages and accept members into the clan on that site so you must be able to request to join a clan somehow.

A few things:
I read that by forming a clan when you join games you will join the team your other clan members are on. Which is wrong because we all were ending up on different sides last night.

Does anyone want to become an officer for the clan? you will be responsible for accepting/inviting members into the clan and setting up games. I'm not sure if we'll be doing any clan vs clan games ourselves, it depends who wants to do those and who just wants to play for fun and use the tags as a way of easily spotting friends in a crowded list.

Does anyone have any friends who want in who will be around to play with us? If we get enough of us together we never need go anywhere else and play with nob heads or spawn campers or anyone who plays unfairly.

I dont mind playing just for fun, my bro plays now and again like last night. I had to order the official headset i gave up looking for that charger.

I'm on now if anyone is up for it me and Tobi have just been playing.

Can't get the video to load, the site is still going realllly slow for me, it gets to around 60% loading then stops. Don't get it cause my net speed is 10mg. :(

I'll be on after 8pm I would have thought, I think this is my new CoD now!! I've been in the mood to get on this game all day.

EDit- oh, it's finally bloody loaded now!! How mad. Cool match!! I love being able to watch them.

Last edited:
I'll be on tonight too, hopefully less frantic than last night! 32 players is probably just too many but we'll see :)

The games me and matt had today were roughly between 6 to 8 a side and nearly every game was really close and still fun.

Last edited:
How long does it take to "get over" the delay in the controls? I've hammered the game since I got it on Wednesday and so far I just don't feel like I can play it properly. I got into a tank at some point and it was literally so far behind by the time I tried to get out that, combined with a drop in framerate, I could let go of the pad and the game would carry on without me for a second.

It's driving me nuts, I really don't think I'm going to be able to get into it, and that really winds me up because the actual online setup is brilliant (looks like Battlefield remixed, perfect). Am I the only one who thinks "imagine how good this game would have been without this ridiculous fucking delay"?

As far as I'm concerned FPS games are supposed to be either fun or realistic; I just don't understand how impeding your reaction times is "fun", rather than "totally and utterly frustrating to the point of veins bursting". It's not realistic either - time it, it takes 2 seconds to do a 180 degree turn (on the maximum sensitivity setting, which only makes a difference after the initial second of acceleration anyway and means you speed past your targets). Stand up out your chair and turn around 180 degrees as if there's someone behind you ready to blow your brains out. It takes less than a second, which is closer to Call of Duty time than "Rick Waller trying to get a Big Mac that's stuck to the back of his shirt" time.

The graphics and the setup look so fantastic that I can't help but want to get into it.

Last edited:
The could fix it - someone posted a big how to and showed that it's the dead zone (just between where the sticks sit naturally and slightly after you move them out of the centre) on the anologue sticks thats the main problem. the game fails to detect any input in the dead zone as they called it and said if they patched it so the game can read the initial movements of the sticks the lag would completely vanish.

I can't see them not patching this, it's putting a LOT (read bloody tons) of people off. They like everything else about the game but are pissed with the controls so it's in Guerilla's best interests to sort this out ASAP or face losing sales because of it.

I was thinking about that, but do you think they would fix it now that everybody's playing it as it is? I don't think they would - I think there would be too many complaints. I wouldn't even mind if it could be considered realistic but like I say, someone coming up behind you = death, even if you can hear them coming, because it takes two seconds to do a 180 degree turn.

I'm sure there's tons of complaints now but if they fixed it I would bet money on them getting more complaints about the fix. How anyone plays it like it is now is beyond me but the fact is that they are, the servers are crammed, so that says to me people are going to live with it.

I can't see me being able to live with it but honestly, if they did "fix" it, I would be all over it. Everything else hits all the right buttons for me.

Last edited:
Apparently (I say apparently because I can't get on the killzone forums to search) Seb (the main guy behind KZ2) said he was taking everyones complaints about the controls on board and it was at the top of their priority list of things to tweak.

I can't see them not patching this, it's putting a LOT (read bloody tons) of people off. They like everything else about the game but are pissed with the controls so it's in Guerilla's best interests to sort this out ASAP or face losing sales because of it.
im telling you now. if they can sort out the controls of this game so its as easy to control as bf bc them i will be ALL OVER THIS FUCKING game mate.

the controls is what stopped me from purchasing this game:R1

I was thinking about that, but do you think they would fix it now that everybody's playing it as it is? I don't think they would - I think there would be too many complaints. I wouldn't even mind if it could be considered realistic but like I say, someone coming up behind you = death, even if you can hear them coming, because it takes two seconds to do a 180 degree turn.

I'm sure there's tons of complaints now but if they fixed it I would bet money on them getting more complaints about the fix. How anyone plays it like it is now is beyond me but the fact is that they are, the servers are crammed, so that says to me people are going to live with it.

I can't see me being able to live with it but honestly, if they did "fix" it, I would be all over it. Everything else hits all the right buttons for me.

spot on CB. the developers have already got there profits off this game so why fix it? They wouldnt give a flying fuck if you and others stop playing this game because at the end of the day, they have got your money.

Last edited:
I think they'd want more money though from DLC. If they fix the controls to a point where the majority are happy then they stand to make more money from DLC maps (of which they're already making) and the DLC Co-Op campaign.

I'm gonna play now for a bit.

I've just created a 16 player game of body count and assassination if anyone wants to join.

Last edited:
The misses has just nipped out for a bit so i'll jump online now - if no one is on when you come on just send me a pm and i'll join you in your games. Unless it's like 2 minutes from the end so i dont piss away points.

Oh speaking of - i hit top rank last night and gain a trophy for it, this morning i look at my rank and i still need 8 points to hit the top rank!?

Maybe it takes a while at busy times to update because 2 days ago i unlocked 2 classes and they didn't show up until yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom