Killzone 2

Worked fine here, Yana. Must just be the KZ site getting hammered I guess. I think anyone can look at the clan page as I'm not on the clan list yet.

Just ordered it from shopto, and I've also ordered a headset (17.99 from play).
I'll prob play through the SP until the headset arrives so I can get used to the controls.
If there's room for one more I'll happily join the clan. :)

I'll invite you in when I put the ps3 on in the next hour or so. I'm not sure what the limit is for members but I'll invite anyone who wants in.

Seriously, the site is down for me!!! Only the main page of it loads and that says the site is unavailable. Do you know if we have to be invited or request to join?

Yeah the site keeps coming and going for me. I'm not sure if you can request in, maybe if you click my name on the game or maybe if you search for the clan you can ask in. I've invited you anyway so you needn't worry.

I think the clan limit is 64 members, sure that's the number I read when I looked at the AVF clan.

I don't know how this is going to work because I'm already in the AVF clan and have some matches planned next week.

Can I still join you guys in a match without being in your clan? I'll join at some point depending on whether I get on with the guys at AVF.

You can just create a lobby and then password protect it with 'evoweb' or something then anyone can join and we could rank up against bots or whatever.

The game just froze on me and my PS3 took 5 minutes to shut down, I was scared!, I also tried to back up my save and its been blocked :((, the only other game that I've played that is the same is R6V2. disappointing.

Enjoying the game so far, the sound and atmosphere is awesome.

Just remade our clan as the tags 'E-WB' looked shit, EVO was already taken so i've just set it as -EVO. ill update our new web page later.

Jesus christ, whys this ?

55/60pound over here in NL. Its because the pound is worth less then a potato these days. Bought 3 games end of last year for 50pound, would have cost me 120pound here. Ordered this aswell, gets sent to my nan and she posts it over to me :D

Right I'll do it again and pick EWB. lol

-

Done, so you'll all have to re accept your clan invites I'm afraid.

Clan Name: Evo-Web
Clan Tag: EWB

So far the only change to the default setting for games are the deselect the block on ranks, and up the time to 10-15mins for bodycount. Does anyone object to friendly fire being turned on or it being off?

Last edited:
GODDAMMIT!!! I still cant get on the KZ website, it almost loaded [or it looked like it was gonna] then went to the errors again.

I'd guess atm friendly fire being off would be the best cause a lot of us are probably not used to the controls 100% yet, so could shoot each other by accident.. Can always change it once we all get used to the game. It's up to you, though.

Last edited:
The main team kills I've seen come from grenades. Either from not judging the distance correctly and it landing short or you throw it and someone doesn't see or hear it and ends up running at your grenade and then blowing up OR... as you throw it someone runs in front of you so it hits them on the head and lands next to yourself and anyone next to you.
Happened today in a game with matt. I threw a grenade to my left, a guy ran in front of me, it bounced off his head and landed to the right of me taking out Matt.

I think I've nailed the controls now - something just clicked today and im not feeling the lag anymore... it just feels right. I ended a few games on 100+ points. My main tip would be to avoid the scoped views when you're close to someone. In COD it was best to immediately go to the scoped views whenever you saw someone as it had less recoil. But here it seems to do the opposite, you seem to lose control of your gun as the recoil kicks in and then by the time you zoom out and move back onto them you're dead.

Yeah, it was always grenades on CoD for me that got accidental TK's, so I stopped using em! I haven't had a chance to get on it today as our lad hasn't napped or anything, so hopefully tonight I will get used to them. I hope the site goes up soon so I can join t'clan. Ta for the tips, I'll try using the scope zoom less.

Small tip - if you move the pad during loading screens, the screen moves...3D.

I've gotten onto the site a few times today but I never get far before it crashes again.

I've not managed to find anything on the site (when it works) to join clans or invite people so maybe you can only do that in the game.

Here's a quick one - I've looked everywhere and can't find the option for it.

Custom music while in multiplayer? Did they remove it or what?
The only thing I haven't tried is using the XMB and selecting a track myself but that's never worked in other games so ive not thought of trying it here.

Last edited:
The only thing I haven't tried is using the XMB and selecting a track myself but that's never worked in other games so ive not thought of trying it here.

Thats how it worked in Noby Noby Boy and Street Fighter IV so I would assume its the same for Killzone 2.

Just did a skirmish against some bots ... QUALITY! The aiming is difficult to line up but I don't feel that the movement is sluggish at all, haven't raised the sensitivity at all!

Really easy to run out of ammo tho :(

BillyBoy, what's your PSN ID?

Last edited by a moderator:
Custom music while in multiplayer? Did they remove it or what?

Yeah you do it through the XMB. Only works on multiplayer though. That's it now a bit of Phil Collins it is.

Some really great games today and I've ranked up so much. Well chuffed now I'm an engineer. Some funny moments in those games earlier aswell. One was throwing a grenade at someone and it bouncing off their head landing in front of three of his mates taking 4 people out with one grenade. Another one was one of my team-mates who kept shooting me. I would spawn next to him and he'd panic and start shooting at me. I had to message him to tell him I was on his team :LOL:. The embarrassment when he realised.

I too am really enjoying this now. Instead of moaning about the controls I've just adapted and they feel second nature now. In fact they feel so real and instinctive when you get into the zone playing the game.

Last edited:
What's the easiest way to setup a game with friends? The PSN network is rubbish compared to XBL where you can just click to join a friends game.

There's a friends tab you can just click 'x' and join their game providing the game isn't full. A lot easier than FIFA for eg lol

Back
Top Bottom