Killzone 2

There is an important fact that I think no one knows here regarding Killzone 2:

There is NO AIM ASSIST WHATSOEVER IN KILLZONE 2. There is in Call of Duty. This is why you may find it difficult in the beginning along with the controls.

Just played multiplayer and its great. Love the little chirp noise after each kill.

There is aim assist BillyBoy, it's ever so slight though. Every now and then you'll see a red cross pop up when you've 'locked on'. To be fair though it doesn't have that much of an impact and TBH I would rather it not be there at all so the game becomes completely skill based.

Link:
I remember reading this at the beginning of the month searching for responses to the demo on the IGN forumshttp://boards.ign.com/ps3_lobby/b8269/176835264/p1

---------

One of the things I love most about this game is the sound and the attention to detail. Listen out for the bullet shells hitting the floor when you shoot in-doors, and bits of wall and rubble falling as you brush past or after someone shoots it. Niiiice

Last edited:
One of them is full already but there is another AVF clan thats been setup.one of you can take my place as i dont think i will get this game for more then £20.

too much negetive feedback about the controls

Well are we playing as a clan to join tournaments or we joining a clan to just have fun with friends?

-

I finished the SP last night, somehow I have only completed 49% or there about's. So I guess all of the hidden intel/icons make up the other 50%? Seems a bit much.

I'll definitely be going back to the start and starting again though, it was great fun.

Well are we playing as a clan to join tournaments or we joining a clan to just have fun with friends?

-

I finished the SP last night, somehow I have only completed 49% or there about's. So I guess all of the hidden intel/icons make up the other 50%? Seems a bit much.

I'll definitely be going back to the start and starting again though, it was great fun.

I'm up for the Evo-Web clan!

Played online last night for a couple of hours - so addictive - had to stop though as the R1 shooting was giving me cramps in my wrist... just WISH they had the option to use R2 to shoot and L2 to zoom - thats all I want!!!

I am using another control scheme now that uses R2 to shoot and I've set crouch and zoom to toggle instead of hold. Not ideal, but there ya go.

Annnnyway, online was fab - always 32 players, ZERO lag or any online problems and I was terrible! Think I just scraped the 30 kills needed to unlock the first level.

Played Warzone first with the changing modes and I think that is a superb idea, but it does last around 30 mins per game, so not something like COD Free-For-All where you can jump in and out for 10 mins.

Didnt see any sort of individual online play (didnt look much, but still) - is there any? Like a free-for-all death match? Not a massive fan of team play as I get confused who to shoot! I like a clear purpose - if it moves, plug it!

Aside from the controls, this game is pretty amazing (told you in yesterdays post I would love it!). The details they have running online is incredible for the fact its zero lag - i.e. huge maps, particle effects, dust, great sound, comms etc.

Overall a huge triumph for the PS3 and I'm looking forward to kicking ass (or not) later...

There's no DM mode or anything with every man for themselves. But the way I find no problems knowing who to shoot online are the glowing colours. If it's blue its ISA if its orange? it's the helghast.

Also names above men only appear for your teamamates (thank fuck, idiotic COD had names on team mates AND enemies and even worse decided to make them frigging RED AND BLOODY GREEN you stupid fucks.)

I tend to play Body count the most myself as the games are short enough so if something comes up i've not flushed away a ton of stats by quitting the game early.

HMV quietly upped the price over night to £39.99, can't complain though, £15 is a bargain.

Put me down for the clan also.

There's no DM mode or anything with every man for themselves. But the way I find no problems knowing who to shoot online are the glowing colours. If it's blue its ISA if its orange? it's the helghast.

Also names above men only appear for your teamamates (thank fuck, idiotic COD had names on team mates AND enemies and even worse decided to make them frigging RED AND BLOODY GREEN you stupid fucks.)

I tend to play Body count the most myself as the games are short enough so if something comes up i've not flushed away a ton of stats by quitting the game early.

Cheers - noticed the different colours, but its awkward at a distance. Didnt notice the names, so that will be a big help!

-

I'd go for the just to have fun with friends approach. There are so many elites out there we might aswell just do it to win that particular game rather than care about our position.

The AVF clans are the same but more in competition with each other than other clans around the EU.

@jonney - yeah I'm liking it a lot more now. I've adapted more to controls and with a bit more practice I'm getting really good at it.

Last edited:

You can change the colours on COD :DD

I looked around on COD:WAW and couldn't find anything and anywhere to change them.

What are the different colour options?

-

I'll set the clan up now - I'm sure I read you can do it on the killzone website but it's so damn slow.

I looked around on COD:WAW and couldn't find anything and anywhere to change them.

What are the different colour options?

-

I'll set the clan up now - I'm sure I read you can do it on the killzone website but it's so damn slow.

I changed mine - I think it is orange and white. Can't remember on what part of the settings to change it though. I will have a look later and get back to you.

I'm really tempted to pick this up over the weekend. I have a few games that I really want to finish, but at the same time I don't want to pick this up in a month or 2 and be miles behind in ranking up...

I've still got GTA:TLAD, Gears of War 2, & Burnout to finish, haven't touched Fallout yet, and still enjoy playing CoD online.

What do you guys think? If it's way better than CoD then I'll just have to book time off work to catch up!

Created the clan

I just called it Evo-Web and put the tag as EWB it think? That ok? I can disband it now and rename the tag or clan name before we get everyone invited if not.

I think you can apply to join the clan, i'm not too sure... maybe you have to be invited. I've just sent a bunch of invites out to those who were online on my friends leaderboard. It's not that many so those who obviously don't have the game yet or haven't been online yet - leave your name here and I'll add you on.

Its better than CoD in the way of no glitches, lag, or cheating. I have played CoD non-stop since Modern Warfare and I am enjoying this more than that.

Also, YAY, I'm in the Evo Web clan. MY PSN is under my avvie so if I can't request to join just invite me cause I'm on the KZ site.

EDIT- dammit site is down. :(

Last edited:
Just picked it up but will be playing MP with work colleagues tonight so won't be doing clan games just yet :)

Just had some great matches online in Bodycount. Got 20 points in one which is my best yet and got me a 3rd place finish and 2 ribbons.

Once you play it more cautiously rather than run n gun, its more enjoyable and less frustrating (i.e. slow you controls down and then the 'lag' becomes less of a problem).

And full credit to the devs - not even the slightest bit of lag yet or any disconnection problems, even with 32 players - its runs as smoothly as offline.

Just found out how we CAN play together REGARDLESS of our ranks

"when you create a new game. there are empty slots .
select one then set the rules the way you want.
one of the rules is something about required rank . toggle it off "

So one us us can just create a server with the rules we want and we can play together. I've had a look at it myself and you can change just about everything as far as time limits, rules, maximum players, bots on.off, score limits, maps, game modes etc.

-

So any suggestions for game modes or time limits or maps?

Last edited:
Just ordered it from shopto, and I've also ordered a headset (17.99 from play).
I'll prob play through the SP until the headset arrives so I can get used to the controls.
If there's room for one more I'll happily join the clan. :)

Back
Top Bottom