Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
They must have overlooked it - I'm guessing there are more FUT tweets and Career Mode tweets than there are Kick Off tweets...

If you'd be so kind as to take a video of what you're seeing, I'll tweet it to them - I managed to get a reply from their community guy on Twitter last night and he tells me he's "taking notes".

Here post about this problem with pictures
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/no-dusk-weather-this-year-in-FIFA-19/m-p/7065368#M1985

And also another post about career mode cant change the time of the match
https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/CAN-T-CHANGE-THE-TIME-IN-CAREER-MODE/m-p/7066709#M2134

Right as per your advice everyone I am going to play Career Mode with Semi Assists - never tried before so I am scared.

Whats a good team to start a career mode with in Championship.
I just cannot play with 5 star rated teams in Fifa as the game goes horrible for me.
I am thinking Leeds United?

I just cannot play with 5 star rated teams in Fifa as the game goes horrible for me.
Take a look at the board expectations before picking a club - I much prefer an easy life, i.e. no "critical" expectations. Especially if they're really awkward to achieve, like "finish the season with double the bank balance" or "restrict wage growth by X%", because you end up having to gut your squad and getting fired if you don't.

A team with an average level of stars for the league and low expectations is how I start out. With Tranmere I'm having to develop a youth squad as well as keep costs down, which are two big contradictions, so I'm having to prioritise the one with the higher importance to the board (youth) and prepare to fail on the other task...

Last edited:
Dude, to be blunt, the tone of your posts makes for uncomfortable reading. If you're being serious with posts like this, sell the game. Now. If you're literally dreaming about Ultimate Team, you've got an addictive personality problem and you need to sell the game. What you're saying is really unhealthy.

If you're joking, then - it isn't funny. At all.

Hi Chris. Sorry that my posts make you feel uncomfortable. Iam actually grateful that you recognise the unhealthiness of my FUT experience.

I would argue that AT THE MOMENT this is NOT a problem with me, the player (i.e. an addictive personality problem as you suggest) BUT it is a problem with the FUT game mechanic (or at least the squad builder portion).

I can only speak for my approach of spending nothing for fifa points; i appreciate that the guy who has coins/points/incoming packs/more FUT experience will have a different view of what i write.

I wanted better players so I started scanning the dashboard and 2 days ago I come across these squad builder challenges and an advert for a special Lucas Moura card (after reviewing the challenge I realised I could not achieve it but there are other challenges available for gold packs etc).

The problem is THIS. As a noob to this mode, I have no idea whether this is an easy or difficult method of building my team. So I TRY IT OUT.

The first couple of challenges are a breeze but then, last night, I got stuck on a challenge and I felt like I needed to beat it before I went to bed.

I complete the concept squad, realise I cannot afford it. Its 2am by now and so I go to bed.

Obviously because FUT is the last thing I saw before bed, I'm thinking about it overnight and this AM too.

In conclusion, this episode was not about addiction but more about exploring the game (and discovering how FUT can pull one in to lose their time/effort).

I am wiser to this mode now. (i.e. FUT squad builder challenges can FUT off)

I am a grown adult yet I still got pulled in easily. May the kids (and other adults) be saved from this abomination.

Last edited:
So, did the patch make some disasters? Anything worse?

I'm still considering Fifa but i don't want to buy a game that could be made worse with patches throughout the year.

So, did the patch make some disasters? Anything worse?

I'm still considering Fifa but i don't want to buy a game that could be made worse with patches throughout the year.
See the PC thread - so far, passing has been given more "zip" (full manual players are enjoying that, personally I'll be turning pass speed down) and "random" sidefooted shots have been removed.

Other than that it seems like nothing has changed (which is a good thing) - there's still issues (OP heading, bicycle kicks everywhere) but they're genuinely not overreacting to anything. Thus far.

I opted for Stoke to take them back up, and the fact I thought they would have a proper stadium.

I paid Rooney's release clause and talked him into seeing if he can still do it on a rainy night in Stoke.

The board do want promotion as well as reducing salaries, so got rid of a lot of the dead weight and bringing in some youngsters on lower salaries.

First time for a few releases I am trying this mode again so looking forward to it after my opening league win vs Leeds :)

Patch 1.02 notes :

Gameplay:
Due to community feedback, we are planning on limiting changes to Gameplay and only making targeted fixes in an effort to keep the balance and feel of the game consistent while we continue to gather feedback from players.

Addressed the following issues:

• The power bar for Set Piece Kicks in an Online Match was sometimes incorrectly going to 100% when the player had requested less power.
  • Sometimes, when the player requests a regular (laces) shot, they will get an inside of the foot shot animation instead.
    • This inside of the foot shot animation would usually result in the shot having less power.
Traits:
We have published a pitch notes article that covers Traits in FIFA 19, check it out here https://www.easports.com/fifa/pitch-notes.

• Some Traits that no longer had any functionality in gameplay were still displaying in the Front End.
  • Some Traits that did have functionality in gameplay were not displaying in the Front End.
  • Added (CPU AI Only) to the names of Traits that only have an effect on players when they are controlled by the CPU AI.
    • A refresher on what we mean by “CPU AI”.
      • The CPU plays the game as you would, limited by the same input restrictions that a human player has.
      • This means that the CPU team has an active player, just like you do, which we call the CPU AI-controlled player.
      • A CPU AI-controlled player exists in the following circumstances:
        • On a team with no human players.
          • For example, the CPU-controlled team in Squad Battles.
        • On a team with human players who are all locked to specific players, that also has CPU teammates.
          • For example, a Pro Clubs team, with less than 11 human players, with no “ANY” player.
      • A CPU AI-controlled player does not exist in the following circumstances:
        • On a team with human players who are not locked to specific players.
          • For example, a team in FUT Champions.
Career Mode:

• When playing as a team that qualifies for either UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League through the playoffs, the championship match was scheduled on the same day as the final league match.
    • This fix will not affect existing save files.
  • Removed the following traits from the list of Player Career traits as they no longer had an in-game function:
    • Driven Pass
    • Acrobatic Clearance
    • Diving Header
    • Fancy Flicks
    • GK Up For Corners
  • In Player Career, some incorrect Accomplishments were displaying after playing the first match of your career.
  • Certain player swap transfers were being rejected due to incorrect budget calculations.
  • The Block Offers option was not appearing in some situations.
  • News was not properly displaying when a player is acquired in a transfer that included a player swap.
  • News articles for Player Of The Month Awards were displaying the incorrect month.
  • Visual customizations to Alex Hunter and Danny Williams were not being properly displayed during negotiation scenes in Career Mode.
  • Petr Cech was wearing his helmet during negotiation scenes, we have now found him a tie instead.
Kick off:

• Stability issue in the Team Management screens when playing in Arabic.
  • Sometimes, when making a complicated series of squad changes in the Team Management screens, the wrong players were get substituted off.
  • Sometimes, when making a complicated series of squad changes in the Team Management screens, you are unable to back out of the screens.
  • Reduced the number of tutorial screens present in the Kick Off tutorial.
Game Modes:

• A player’s individual Attributes were not properly loading into the first attempt at a Skill Game.
    • This only impacted Skill Games, and could be resolved by restarting or retrying the Skill Game.
Audio:

Made the following changes:

• Added audio banter regarding the previous FIFA World Cup.
  • Added audio banter for a number of teams.
  • Added audio banter for a number of stadiums.
  • Added audio banter for a number of team matchups.
  • Adjusted the sound effects that play during negotiation scenes in Career Mode.
  • Tuned the audio that plays after a goal to provide more unique audio.
  • Tuned the audio that plays during FUT Pack opening animations.

• Wrong portion of the UEFA Champions League anthem was playing during player lineups at the start of a UEFA Champions League match.
  • Missing audio for UEFA Champions League matches in some stadiums.
  • Wrong audio playing during the warm up scenes of a UEFA Champions League match.
  • Incorrect audio playing at the end of a UEFA Champions League Group Stage match if you win the second match after losing the first.
  • Wrong audio sometimes playing when scoring a volley goal off of a cross.
  • Audio saying that a shot was well off target when it didn’t miss by much.
  • An issue with the audio that played before a Manchester Derby match.
  • Chinese Super League team names were not being mentioned in intro audio.
  • Missing audio in The Journey for Kim Hunter.
  • Missing audio in The Journey for Alex Hunter.
  • Wrong audio in The Journey for Danny Williams during the pre-season tournament.
  • Player To Watch audio sometimes not playing despite the overlay showing.
  • Audio incorrectly playing in an 11 v 11 training match and a penalty is given.
Visual / Presentation:

Made the following changes:

• Added UEFA Super Cup overlay package to the game.
  • Added a new goal celebration for Jesse Lingard.
    • To do the celebration, play as Jesse Lingard, and after scoring a goal, run to the cameras.
  • Updates to some of the ad boards displayed in stadium.

• Neymar’s name was incorrectly displaying as “Jr” on some screens.
  • Corrected some instances of kit clashing involving the referee.
  • Post goal replays were not showing the full scoring sequence.
  • An issue where the ball was rarely warping around the pitch after kickoff.
  • Free agents were not wearing the proper Free Agent kit when viewed in Edit Teams.
  • Incorrect team crests were displaying on the player benches in RCDE Stadium.
  • Updates to the kits worn by players in some of the TIFO displays in stadium.
  • Graphical corruption of the English Football League Championship badge when displayed on a kit in game.
  • Graphical corruption of the English Football League Championship trophy when displayed in game.
  • TIFOs were appearing on the wrong side of the stadium for some teams.
  • Liga NOS team Os Belenenses was being displayed as just Belenenses.
    • Updates were also made to the team crest and to the banners and flags that display in stadium.
  • Buenos Aires was defaulting to the incorrect stadium.
  • Sometimes the card or injury drop down notifications were not triggering following a card or injury.
  • Long player names were missing or cutoff in the match details overlay of an FA Cup match.
  • The penalties scoreboard didn’t show the team’s kit colors when playing an English Premier League match.
  • Sometimes the match details overlay was displaying too briefly at half-time and at the end of the match.
  • Aggregate score was missing from the score clocks for the LaLiga, English Premier League and Bundesliga overlay packages.
  • The penalties results were missing from the match details overlay when playing a match in MLS.
  • The league table dropdown was only showing the top team’s point totals in a LaLiga match.
  • The default Skill Games camera was sometimes clipping through the fence.
  • The camera angles used for a woman’s match were incorrect during the player line up shots.
  • The camera was sometimes being obstructed in a number of stadiums.
  • Resolved clipping issues in a number of stadiums.
  • Placeholder text was present on some ad boards.
  • The Bundesliga 2 logo was appearing during a substitution in a Bundesliga match.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please take my post with a pinch of salt cause I am gonna make bold statements despite I only played one game post patch. This version is a keeper. Almost all area that prevented me to fully enjoy the game before the patch has been addressed. Ball physics related to the ground movement either during passes, while dribbling or on loose ball has been improved. The CPU feels more human than before. CPU spend more time with the ball at their foot before passing or shooting resulting in a better tempo and less nonsense shooting around your box. CPU first time shots are way less accurate in average. It is particularly striking on volleys which lands more often than not on the stand. It seems their frequency has been turned down. Physical battle feels more balanced than before. The on the ball side feels way better too. Dribbling feels right now. It felt like I could not accelerate with the ball at my foot before patch. Only concern remaining are CPU fouls (could be better now but I am not sure) and tactics, does editing them really make a difference? I told you bold statements. And this was on full manual (a viable setting now) on WC against huddersfield.

Give a heads up on the experience. I have considered the same, as I am feeling the same thing as you do in offline modes.
Well, I played 4 matches in Career, Ultimate Difficulty. Passing etc on semi.

I don't like it. Obviously its a thing you have to learn and might get better over time as the other guys in here will attest to.

But it's not for me. Seeing Jack Grealish who is gifted on the ball in 'real life' pass it out for a throw-in 3 times in a match because I don't hold the stick in the exact direction long enough isn't realistic to me.

I haven't got the time to master semi/FUMA either. Got too many games to play as it is!

I would suggest trying it though you might love it.

Well, I played 4 matches in Career, Ultimate Difficulty. Passing etc on semi.

I don't like it. Obviously its a thing you have to learn and might get better over time as the other guys in here will attest to.

But it's not for me. Seeing Jack Grealish who is gifted on the ball in 'real life' pass it out for a throw-in 3 times in a match because I don't hold the stick in the exact direction long enough isn't realistic to me.

I haven't got the time to master semi/FUMA either. Got too many games to play as it is!

I would suggest trying it though you might love it.

I will try. Thank you for writing !

But.. I have a feeling that I wouldn't like to switch between normal settings (against friends) and then back to semi assist. The same reason I don't use sliders.

Also.. I fear that I will play in a different way with a lot of short passes if I change settings.

But I will try. It shall be really really good before I change anything..

I will try. Thank you for writing !

But.. I have a feeling that I wouldn't like to switch between normal settings (against friends) and then back to semi assist. The same reason I don't use sliders.

Also.. I fear that I will play in a different way with a lot of short passes if I change settings.

But I will try. It shall be really really good before I change anything..
Its where I am. I play a lot of co-op seasons with friends usually and there is no way I'm using Semi/FUMA online against people using assited.

I want to go back to default controls but don't want to waste my time if it's too easy. Some are claiming on Reddit that Ultimate is broken in Career Mode and that Legendary is more difficult. Haven't tried Legendary myself.

Added a new goal celebration for Jesse Lingard.
  • To do the celebration, play as Jesse Lingard, and after scoring a goal, run to the cameras.
Why? He's rather poor, Wouldnt get in Tranmere.

I had Neymar displayed as JR on my screen.

Last edited:
Jesus - someone wrote an article on it? People have way too much time on their hands these days.
Hes hardly a star in the world of football is he.
Better players than that have no celebration.
He could play for Barca id still think hes shit!
So a player has got to be a star in world football to get their own celebration?

Xherdan Shaqiri isn't exactly Messi either, would you moan about him having a celebration? I bet you wouldn't.

So a player has got to be a star in world football to get their own celebration?

Xherdan Shaqiri isn't exactly Messi either, would you moan about him having a celebration? I bet you wouldn't.

I wouldnt know I dont do the celebrations. Most of them are pretty childish if you ask me. I score, let them run off then kill the celebrations as soon as.

Xherdan Shaqiri is better than Messi so yeah he can have one :D

@Matt10 impression after patch:

- Pass speed, no longer waterlogged pitch
- Runs off the ball, perfect, not too much, not too little, no bombarding forward.
- Referee recognizes fouls, but just depends
- CPU attack is dynamic. Very solid.

Just to recap here. This is playing on default sliders. I played several matches during stream and after.

100% the passing is better. The ball physics, in general, are so much better. Slight deflections from attempts at interceptions and blocks. Saves deflect away, versus cushioned, at times. Had a vicious close range shot that DeGea saved and the ball went flying directly into the air, and out of the 18 yard box.

The runs off the ball, yes, I mean this is what surprised me the most. The players are gradually running into space, but some are checking to from the midfield and forward positions. Not just running all out attack. Made for incredible pace of play. CPU slowed the sequence down, took on a player, couldn't find a pass, passed it backwards. Really unbelievable. You are truly rewarded for defending the right way.

The goals come in from all over. First time shots, headers. There was one that I loved the most as I'm down 2-1 late as Palace v Bournemouth. Bournemouth catch me on a counter, and it's 4 v 3, they take it down the left side, and it looks like they're going to shoot, but instead a slotted pass near the penalty spot, to bang it home for 3-1 loss for me. Just incredible. Hadn't seen that at all pre-patch.

Regarding fouls, I will say this, the referee is 100% in tune with what is going on. For those that don't know, I've always used the referee in-game and will navigate to them by switching to a near by player. From here, I will watch his eyes and general head direction to track where he's looking. Pre-patch, he would be looking at the player with the ball, a collision would happen, and instead of keeping tracked on the ball + players, he'd instantly turn to view the endline, maybe a hot girl in the crowd or something, but the tracking was way off. Post patch, it's reversed. The referee's tracking is looking just slightly behind the interaction of the ball + players , then when the collision/foul occurs, he snaps his head to track the play at hand. This confirms it is much more in-sync than before. In addition, the linesman and referee are also in-sync. In the Man U match, I was using Lingaard and did a stop>quick dribble vs Valencia's Danny Rose, who grabbed Lingaard by the chest and shoulder. Linesman instanlty raised flag, and referee gave advantage, but all momentum was lost, and the foul was called back.

It's little things like that, in which I've obsess over, that are significantly better about this update. I am personally more excited about the ball physics than anything because it feels absolutely perfect.

Can't wait to get home to play more. I said it earlier, but it feels like they were watching our sliders thread and findings, and addressed these areas - unofficially. However, it's pretty obvious, especially since those who mess with sliders are very particular. I think everyone here is also the same way. We're in a great spot now. Can't wait for consoles to get it!

You're Mr Grumpy today...someone hasn't had their Snickers! :)

True. I had a double decker today instead!

I guess I just find in amazing someone took the time to write an article about a players celebration in a video game - and EA deem that so important they have tweaked it. How about a Diego Costa and Fekir update - their models are about 3 years old. But no, the Milky (whatever the fuck its called) dance is more important.

I remember when PES got the iPhone celebration and how awful that was as well.

FIFA would be better looking at the animation when a goal is first scored and the player runs away bending his arms - and his arms seem to get so long they nearly reach his knees - looks like something out of Actua Soccer on the PS1

Last edited:
Its where I am. I play a lot of co-op seasons with friends usually and there is no way I'm using Semi/FUMA online against people using assited.

I want to go back to default controls but don't want to waste my time if it's too easy. Some are claiming on Reddit that Ultimate is broken in Career Mode and that Legendary is more difficult. Haven't tried Legendary myself.

Well I tried one game for now with Semi assist passing, crosses and shots. Everything else standard settings. Also lowered the AI to world class.

Actually had a great game with Parma against Lazio. I won.. And I don't want it to be too easy, so it's important to test more.

Actually think the game was a lot slower suddenly. Also Lazio played in a lot more realistic way. I was having a pass completion there was 74%. My players definitely lacked skills (or I did?), so I was pressured. Lazio had 89% but without ping pong !

Will test some more, but I did get a feeling that stats mattered more and I didn't change my approach that much is first expected. Although I would say that it for me would mean that online is nearly dropped if I should play semi-assist all the way.

Just to recap here. This is playing on default sliders. I played several matches during stream and after.

100% the passing is better. The ball physics, in general, are so much better. Slight deflections from attempts at interceptions and blocks. Saves deflect away, versus cushioned, at times. Had a vicious close range shot that DeGea saved and the ball went flying directly into the air, and out of the 18 yard box.

The runs off the ball, yes, I mean this is what surprised me the most. The players are gradually running into space, but some are checking to from the midfield and forward positions. Not just running all out attack. Made for incredible pace of play. CPU slowed the sequence down, took on a player, couldn't find a pass, passed it backwards. Really unbelievable. You are truly rewarded for defending the right way.

The goals come in from all over. First time shots, headers. There was one that I loved the most as I'm down 2-1 late as Palace v Bournemouth. Bournemouth catch me on a counter, and it's 4 v 3, they take it down the left side, and it looks like they're going to shoot, but instead a slotted pass near the penalty spot, to bang it home for 3-1 loss for me. Just incredible. Hadn't seen that at all pre-patch.

Regarding fouls, I will say this, the referee is 100% in tune with what is going on. For those that don't know, I've always used the referee in-game and will navigate to them by switching to a near by player. From here, I will watch his eyes and general head direction to track where he's looking. Pre-patch, he would be looking at the player with the ball, a collision would happen, and instead of keeping tracked on the ball + players, he'd instantly turn to view the endline, maybe a hot girl in the crowd or something, but the tracking was way off. Post patch, it's reversed. The referee's tracking is looking just slightly behind the interaction of the ball + players , then when the collision/foul occurs, he snaps his head to track the play at hand. This confirms it is much more in-sync than before. In addition, the linesman and referee are also in-sync. In the Man U match, I was using Lingaard and did a stop>quick dribble vs Valencia's Danny Rose, who grabbed Lingaard by the chest and shoulder. Linesman instanlty raised flag, and referee gave advantage, but all momentum was lost, and the foul was called back.

It's little things like that, in which I've obsess over, that are significantly better about this update. I am personally more excited about the ball physics than anything because it feels absolutely perfect.

Can't wait to get home to play more. I said it earlier, but it feels like they were watching our sliders thread and findings, and addressed these areas - unofficially. However, it's pretty obvious, especially since those who mess with sliders are very particular. I think everyone here is also the same way. We're in a great spot now. Can't wait for consoles to get it!
Can`t wait for patch to drop on consoles :) If ball physics is similar to at least Fifa 18 then we are good. This game with better ball physics will be best Fifa until now without doubt

Back
Top Bottom