Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Well, I played 4 matches in Career, Ultimate Difficulty. Passing etc on semi.

I don't like it. Obviously its a thing you have to learn and might get better over time as the other guys in here will attest to.

But it's not for me. Seeing Jack Grealish who is gifted on the ball in 'real life' pass it out for a throw-in 3 times in a match because I don't hold the stick in the exact direction long enough isn't realistic to me.

I haven't got the time to master semi/FUMA either. Got too many games to play as it is!

I would suggest trying it though you might love it.

Sounds like we're in the same boat. I might try semi assistance later this year if CM remains so easy, but I'm not a huge fan of matches being determined by my ability to aim than anything else. I get that experience from shooters; that's not what I want from my football game.

If you want a challenging single player experience, I'd recommend giving FUT a go. Squad Battles are super challenging - you don't even want to consider Ultimate difficulty unless you have a completely dominant team.

Sounds like we're in the same boat. I might try semi assistance later this year if CM remains so easy, but I'm not a huge fan of matches being determined by my ability to aim than anything else. I get that experience from shooters; that's not what I want from my football game.

If you want a challenging single player experience, I'd recommend giving FUT a go. Squad Battles are super challenging - you don't even want to consider Ultimate difficulty unless you have a completely dominant team.
I’ve never played FUT in single player before - can you select ‘slow’ for game speed?

I had most awesome game in Fifa games ever. Most awesome becouse match was very entertaining and had situations that I can't predict to happen in video game. It was me Lyon vs Nice, carrer mode game. Scored two goals with Depay, goals were a la Thierry Henry goals, placed shots in one on one situations but build up was great. I can't predict ever that Balotelli or any other player will be injured after unsuccessfull bicycle kick, he fall on the grass and after that he was substituted. Wow! Now for what I don't like, I conceded a goal when my gk passed the ball to cd and ball suddenly stopped, attacker cut that pass and scores. We need this patch more than ever, other stuff was great :)

This made me Lol...

• Petr Cech was wearing his helmet during negotiation scenes, we have now found him a tie instead.
[/QUOTE]

This made me Lol...

• Petr Cech was wearing his helmet during negotiation scenes, we have now found him a tie instead.

The power of social media. This same exact problem was in FIFA 18 (as well as random youth players having helmets), but no one said boo. They should have given him a tie, but left the helmet. ;)

I had another look at the tactics. I think the issue is that for certain teams they are hardcoded and will override changes made.

If anyone's tweeting add in that this needs fixing please.

The power of social media. This same exact problem was in FIFA 18 (as well as random youth players having helmets), but no one said boo. They should have given him a tie, but left the helmet. ;)
My wife said the same thing! :LOL:

Chris Davies maybe you can get some info on this, why do lower Div keepers not have sponsorship on their shirts?
Because they can't find info about all the goalkeeper shirts for lower league teams (and far-flung teams), and also because it would be a lot more kit work (there are a hell of a lot of teams in the game, multipled by 3-4 equals a lot of kits).

Because they can't find info about all the goalkeeper shirts for lower league teams (and far-flung teams), and also because it would be a lot more kit work (there are a hell of a lot of teams in the game, multipled by 3-4 equals a lot of kits).
That's one of my great issues with it. It just looks so half-arsed. Considering they're already contacting clubs regarding their normal kits then surely the GK ones can be done too. A fair few will be on teamwear anyway so a bog-standard template with the rihght badge and sponsor added shouldn't really break the bank in terms of time.

Considering they're already contacting clubs regarding their normal kits then surely the GK ones can be done too.
As far as I know (I used to work on the data as part of the community), they don't contact clubs. Individuals have to Google them. If they can be found, they're saved and uploaded to EA's database. If they can't be... Well, I remember (years ago admittedly) a few kits being based on mock-ups.

As far as I know (I used to work on the data as part of the community), they don't contact clubs. Individuals have to Google them. If they can be found, they're saved and uploaded to EA's database. If they can't be... Well, I remember (years ago admittedly) a few kits being based on mock-ups.
That is crazy; you'd think they'd have some kind of mechanism of contacting them.

I'd take mock-ups over what we have now.

Oh, well, sweaty after watching Lloris fuck it up for Spurs, and Messi being a genius as per usual. I just wanted to re-iterate what others have said - the ball doesn't really wobble around much at all when passed on these pitches, so no need adding that to the game. Also worth noting the speed of the game, I think the default speed of Fifa has it pretty spot on (maybe a little on the slow side, in fact) - more fluid animations would probably make it look better.

Oh, well, sweaty after watching Lloris fuck it up for Spurs, and Messi being a genius as per usual. I just wanted to re-iterate what others have said - the ball doesn't really wobble around much at all when passed on these pitches, so no need adding that to the game. Also worth noting the speed of the game, I think the default speed of Fifa has it pretty spot on (maybe a little on the slow side, in fact) - more fluid animations would probably make it look better.
I'll be really honest, I felt pretty stupid when watching a CL game really closely (not just observing player ability like I would normally but actual physics and how often you see players crumpling into each-other and balls deflecting and flying off at random). Because, I mean, it's pretty damn close to being super-realistic.

Fair enough, not every pitch (or ball) is a Champions League one. But with that being their focus, I get it (also, pitches degrade throughout a season in Career Mode and I'm eager to see if this affects bobbling).

I still think football games are a long way off simulation or even close to simulation. There are simply too many variables and details. No matter how "organic" and random fifa feels, there's ultimately a system to it and a soullesness about playing the cpu. It's slowly getting there, but compared to say shoot em ups and racing games and what have you, fifa and pes have a long way to go, in my opinion. It'll be interesting to see how far it'll be pushed in our lifetimes though. :)

Did you change the player instructions? I only got the CPU to play long ball after changing them as well.
Yes, I have. Player instructions and formations will stick if you set them for the cpu pre-match. But so far, I know that defensive line and pressing type (balanced, constant pressure, drop back, etc) doesn't stick. The CPU will change these based on the opponent your playing from the opening whistle

@Chris Davies how is your career doing? Are you finding it easy on Prof or not?

I am going through the phase of changing things every five mins and struggling again to find a good balance. I was on WC semi ass passing but i keep losing all the time so i thought i would move down to Prof but on manual and got slaughtered even more. I played 3 matches against Grimsby and each one they were getting high 80% sometimes 90% passing which is more than WC. The problem is they were just attack attack attack.

The problem is on prof on semi ass i was finding it too easy. I may try on that setting again tomorrow.

I'll be really honest, I felt pretty stupid when watching a CL game really closely (not just observing player ability like I would normally but actual physics and how often you see players crumpling into each-other and balls deflecting and flying off at random). Because, I mean, it's pretty damn close to being super-realistic.

Fair enough, not every pitch (or ball) is a Champions League one. But with that being their focus, I get it (also, pitches degrade throughout a season in Career Mode and I'm eager to see if this affects bobbling).

I caught myself doing the exact same thing during the Barca match.

Back
Top Bottom