Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
I think we're the weirdos to be honest. All of my friends who play Fifa are fut-players, and they can't understand why I don't play online, hah. I think I'd be more compelled to play online if it'd be more like real football, with a real league, and where people weren't only in it to spam exploits.
Same. Most FIFA players don't understand why anyone would want to play the CPU for fun. Saying you only play offline is like admitting to having sex with your sister. I guess I just prefer building my team in a more organic way and not dealing with stupid exploits.

I already posted this over on Operation Sports but I wanted to get as many eyes on this issue as possible (https://forums.operationsports.com/...-editing-cpus-custom-tactics-not-working.html). Sorry if it's already been discussed on this thread and I missed it, I didn't get to reading that last few pages:

Ricardodc and others in his slider thread (https://forums.operationsports.com/...206-fifa-18-teams-custom-tactics-sliders.html) are beginning to point this out. Let me first start off by saying this is easily the best Fifa we've had to date, and imo substantially better than it's competitor with slider adjustments.

However, I'm MASSIVELY disappointed that editing the CPU's tactics doesn't matter much as they seem to do as they please. I was very excited to create a custom tactics slider set this year but it doesn't look like that will be the case (once again), as the CPU ignores what you set for them pre-match.

I wish I had video evidence, but I tested this myself. During a match, I switched a second controller on and had used that second controller switch to the CPU side. I then pressed the touch pad during to become the goalie for the entire rest of the game...

All of the sudden my players began pressing high up the pitch, and looking to intercept passes (I set them to constant pressure pre-match)

I really hope this can be fixed with a patch but I'm not optimistic in the slightest. Is there an ideal way to make noise about this so that the devs can take notice?

Patch notes for the first title update: https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/413396/fifa-title-update-2nd-oct

And another Pitch Notes: https://www.easports.com/us/fifa/ne...&utm_medium=social&cid=51504&ts=1538522110087

Apparently this is all that's changed for gameplay:
Gameplay:
Due to community feedback, we are planning on limiting changes to Gameplay and only making targeted fixes in an effort to keep the balance and feel of the game consistent while we continue to gather feedback from players.
Addressed the following issues:​

• The power bar for Set Piece Kicks in an Online Match was sometimes incorrectly going to 100% when the player had requested less power.
    • Sometimes, when the player requests a regular (laces) shot, they will get an inside of the foot shot animation instead.
    • This inside of the foot shot animation would usually result in the shot having less power.

But this by far is the most important fix:
  • Petr Cech was wearing his helmet during negotiation scenes, we have now found him a tie instead.

Last edited:
this game is bad.

its 2am. i started "playing" about 10pm hoping for an hour and half of fifa.

somebody at EA decided to add squad builder challenge.

for the past 4 hours i've been sifting through players i give no hoot about to build some BS squad which i then "submit" to EA???

i'm f%^king down 6000 coins, down 4 hours of my time, i didn't even play a game of footy and i swear i had a bigger, better squad before i started dicking around looking for some random chinaman above 55.

....plus i swear i've gone and lost some good players and replaced them with crap but my mind is hazy. i don't know what happened.

4 hours!

F^&*K

....and to top this BS off, i haven't even finished the squad because all i did was search for who are the players i need......so after 4 hours i know who i need but i got no coins to buy them

WTF is this voodoo ass crack BS?

FUT is bad for me because I'm going in with a view to spending no real money.

i need to just go back to playing amateur games and try and ignore all the other sparkly stuff.

i can do this.

Last edited:
@Matt10 has just said on Twitter that the new update has improved the "waterlogged pitch passing" and that AI attacks now seem more "dynamic".

Eager to try it now... But also worried...!

EDIT: Watching his stream, passing is clearly a lot quicker - to the point where (even though I know he uses a higher pass speed slider) I'm really worried.

Online will be crazy if pass speed is anything like what I've just seen (offline will be great with sliders I'd imagine)!

Last edited:
@Matt10 has just said on Twitter that the new update has improved the "waterlogged pitch passing" and that AI attacks now seem more "dynamic".

Eager to try it now... But also worried...!

EDIT: Watching his stream, passing is clearly a lot quicker - to the point where (even though I know he uses a higher pass speed slider) I'm really worried.

Online will be crazy if pass speed is anything like what I've just seen (offline will be great with sliders I'd imagine)!

Passing speed has been ridiculously slow on manual controls ever since Frosbite, both in how it slows down before reaching the receiver and in how long it takes to power up, so hopefully this change applies to manual too.

FIFA16 had real zip to the passing game.

Passing speed has been ridiculously slow on manual controls ever since Frosbite, both in how it slows down before reaching the receiver and in how long it takes to power up, so hopefully this change applies to manual too.

FIFA16 had real zip to the passing game.

Agreed. For FIFA 17 and 18, I had to up the passing speed quite a bit because on manual, it was like playing in mud.

Holy crap. FIFA 19 Woman gameplay is superb honestly. I have done this without any skill moves and without RS. All left stick contextual dribbling. @Redhat

https://i.gyazo.com/8d7a74988daf2a879f2599cd3267e040.mp4

This is after the patch. Reminds me a lot off FIFA 16 @Chuny

I've never played with the women's teams, but people have been raving about it since its initial inclusion.

Agree about manual passing. Pre patch I had my power bar at 70 and it still felt of. It is welcomed patch for me, I started to be very frustrated about the waterlogged thing. It affected badly so many areas. Passing of course but imo also dribbling, tackling and 50/50 battles. We might actually get more physicality with a proper rolling ball. It is harder to get a ball moving than a stucked ball

Last edited:
I've had the same issue with the throw-ins. Not sure what the solution is. Like you I just end up launching it to someone you'd never really think of throwing it to.

I hope EA tweaks the player switching. The amount of times already I've been let down and left stranded by it is annoying, especially when using the shoulder button to do it.

Use the right stick to take control of an outfield player, move him into space, then press x. Easy.

I just spent the last 5 hours trying to get some sleep and all i can dream of is scrolling through chinese football player FUT cards.

Not happy. :(

Haha, one of the reasons I don't play fut. If I wanted to play a card game I'd just grab some magic cards or play hearthstone.

Playing a career mode with lowly Kaiserslautern to get them back to 1. Bundesliga. For the 3. Liga I have a pretty solid team that I managed to improve with some loans to add depth and some players I scouted. Good players don't really want to join me in that league (who'd have thought?) so the players I scout and buy are all below 70 but with solid potential. Scouted a right midfielder from Poland and he's setting the team alight, great signing. You cam completely tell that technically he's more gifted than the rest of the team despite his 68 OVR. Meanwhile the speedster with 85+ speed ratings is struggling to no end due his poor touch, can get him into space but that's pretty much all he's good for. I like how you can tell the difference between players and their skills. I also enjoy the amount of error. The misses, horrible touches and completely messed up controls I've seen were a joy to watch. I'd wish it was a little more still. AI defenders manage to perfectly intercept some high throughballs with perfect first touch controls. That really shouldn't happen. They should be able to get the foot in there, yes, but then the ball should be knocked somewhere randomly. Perfect controls on 30 m high throughballs by 3. Liga players don't feel right. But it's a minor gripe.

So much for the good. There are a few niggling things that could easily be fixed by EA. The lack of fouls is sort of annoying (I do get them and penalties every now and then) but there are quite a few contacts that used to be considered fouls and resulted in freekicks in previous FIFA Editions. EA essentially just need to make the ref harsher again (why is there no slider for this?).
Other than that teammate AI is something I'm struggling with, oftentimes when the ball is loose my AI controlled player who is closest to the ball will be completely unaware and not move towards it. By the time I switch to that player and get him into motion the opposing AI will have control of the ball. This kind of also happens in 1 v 1 situations when the ball is knocked loose, my player seems unaware and doesn't really go for the ball(switch from attacking control scheme to defensive, tactical defending control scheme) while the AI just goes for it and first touch passes it away, I can't do that. When I press X the player does the defensive maneuver. It's really annoying.

I also struggle with defending crosses, can't seem to do anything about them. Once the ball is in the air it seems like my defenders are completely incapable of defending against them and the AI mostly scores headers against me. I'll check some tutorials to see if that's a 'user-problem'.

I already posted this over on Operation Sports but I wanted to get as many eyes on this issue as possible (https://forums.operationsports.com/...-editing-cpus-custom-tactics-not-working.html). Sorry if it's already been discussed on this thread and I missed it, I didn't get to reading that last few pages:

Ricardodc and others in his slider thread (https://forums.operationsports.com/...206-fifa-18-teams-custom-tactics-sliders.html) are beginning to point this out. Let me first start off by saying this is easily the best Fifa we've had to date, and imo substantially better than it's competitor with slider adjustments.

However, I'm MASSIVELY disappointed that editing the CPU's tactics doesn't matter much as they seem to do as they please. I was very excited to create a custom tactics slider set this year but it doesn't look like that will be the case (once again), as the CPU ignores what you set for them pre-match.

I wish I had video evidence, but I tested this myself. During a match, I switched a second controller on and had used that second controller switch to the CPU side. I then pressed the touch pad during to become the goalie for the entire rest of the game...

All of the sudden my players began pressing high up the pitch, and looking to intercept passes (I set them to constant pressure pre-match)

I really hope this can be fixed with a patch but I'm not optimistic in the slightest. Is there an ideal way to make noise about this so that the devs can take notice?

Did you change the player instructions? I only got the CPU to play long ball after changing them as well.

I played couple of matches after the patch. I dont know if it is a placebo effect but i felt like i was playing Fifa 18 again. passing is definitely faster. Feels like 50/50 battles are decreased and that randomness and anything can happen feel has considerably diminished. matches i played was dull and unexiting.

I really hope that it is placebo effect. Is there anyone feeling the same things? has anyone played after the patch ?

I played couple of matches after the patch. I dont know if it is a placebo effect but i felt like i was playing Fifa 18 again. passing is definitely faster. Feels like 50/50 battles are decreased and that randomness and anything can happen feel has considerably diminished. matches i played was dull and unexiting.
Passes looked really silly last night on @Matt10's feed - but I have to admit, streams aren't the best way to judge, and I was watching on a phone screen, which can make things look a lot faster than a full screen.

@Placebo is playing (and recording) right now on PC, my eyes are glued to the PC thread.

Also, are you talking about PC? (If not, you're posting in the wrong thread, this is the console thread - and the patch isn't available on console yet is it?)

I really hope that it is placebo effect. Is there anyone feeling the same things? has anyone played after the patch ?

Nonsense, sorry but that's nonsense, just played my next CM game and there was nothing negative, really enjoyable, won a backfoot 3-2, took the lead early, they equalised then scored to take the lead and I managed to equalise and get a quickfire winner. They dominated but I had chances on the counter. Gameplay felt really enjoyable post patch and players feel even more human than before, more passing error in a natural way things like that.

I recorded the post match highlights so at least the goals can be seen etc:

I'm going to record a whole match shortly :)

Last edited:
Nonsense, sorry but that's nonsense, just played my next CM game and there was nothing negative, really enjoyable, won a backfoot 3-2, took the lead early, they equalised then scored to take the lead and I managed to equalise and get a quickfire winner. They dominated but I had chances on the counter. Gameplay felt really enjoyable post match and players feel even more human than before, more passing error in a natural way things like that.

I recorded the post match highlights so at least the goals can be seen etc:

I'm going to record a whole match shortly :)

It is so strange I quit the game and then start again and if felt just as before the patch. I can swear that it was much more different in matches that i played 30 minutes ago. Anyway game is not broken after the patch (in fact may be better) and thats a relief :)

Passes looked really silly last night on @Matt10's feed - but I have to admit, streams aren't the best way to judge, and I was watching on a phone screen, which can make things look a lot faster than a full screen.

@Placebo is playing (and recording) right now on PC, my eyes are glued to the PC thread.

Also, are you talking about PC? (If not, you're posting in the wrong thread, this is the console thread - and the patch isn't available on console yet is it?)

Sorry for posting on wrong thread, yes I was playing on PC. I quit and start again and everything returns back to normal

Haha, one of the reasons I don't play fut. If I wanted to play a card game I'd just grab some magic cards or play hearthstone.

You know how you go to sleep and you roll to the left or right to get comfortable/adjust position?

If I roll left, I see a china man from CSL1.
If I go middle, I see a china man from CSL1.
If I go right, I see a china man from CSL1.

FUT makes me feel I slept with a bunch of chinese guys last night and all this happening in murky brown and red colours (bronze quality player and red if the chinese flag)

makes me break out in a cold sweat just writing this.

They didn't fix the time of day setting in Kick Off mode. What the fuck? It's even working in FUT where the kids complain about stadium shadows so it can't be intended...

makes me break out in a cold sweat just writing this.
Dude, to be blunt, the tone of your posts makes for uncomfortable reading. If you're being serious with posts like this, sell the game. Now. If you're literally dreaming about Ultimate Team, you've got an addictive personality problem and you need to sell the game. What you're saying is really unhealthy.

If you're joking, then - it isn't funny. At all.

They didn't fix the time of day setting in Kick Off mode. What the fuck? It's even working in FUT where the kids complain about stadium shadows so it can't be intended...
They must have overlooked it - I'm guessing there are more FUT tweets and Career Mode tweets than there are Kick Off tweets...

If you'd be so kind as to take a video of what you're seeing, I'll tweet it to them - I managed to get a reply from their community guy on Twitter last night and he tells me he's "taking notes".

Not even a week in, and I'm at the point where I feel like playing the game is like banging my head against the wall. Can't find the right balance in this game either. Feels exactly like fifa 18 in that regards. The tiki taka and first time shots on legendary and ultimate are just too damn frustrating. Handicapping yourself with semi assisted everything works to a degree, but in turn makes your players receiving passes more sluggish, and the passes themselves just feel so weak compared to assisted passes.

I'll probably grind on some more, but not enjoying this at all at the moment. As per prediction a few weeks ago, haha.

The tiki taka and first time shots on legendary and ultimate are just too damn frustrating. Handicapping yourself with semi assisted everything works to a degree, but in turn makes your players receiving passes more sluggish, and the passes themselves just feel so weak compared to assisted passes.
For me, World Class is as high as I'll go - otherwise you're giving the AI license to override things and grind out results.

If World Class on semi is too easy for you (I'll be honest, Professional on semi - with a League Two team I must add - isn't too easy for me at the minute)... Well. I'd be heartbroken if that was the case for me!

It's worth noting that I finally got responses from one of the FIFA community guys last night, the latter regarding tiki-taka:

Dudes when is this new patch hitting Xbox and PS4?
Within 48 hours usually.

For me, World Class is as high as I'll go - otherwise you're giving the AI license to override things and grind out results.

If World Class on semi is too easy for you (I'll be honest, Professional on semi - with a League Two team I must add - isn't too easy for me at the minute)... Well. I'd be heartbroken if that was the case for me!

It's worth noting that I finally got responses from one of the FIFA community guys last night, the latter regarding tiki-taka:

Within 48 hours usually.

Sweet! Nice that you got a reply. I've been playing a bit with your sliders, and I quite like them, but finding it really difficult actually! So that's good, but also noticed that there's no real difference playing as Wimbledon or Tottenham except for the speed of the players. Everyone can bang a shot into the top corner from 30 yards away any time. Also, I hammered arsenal away, won 1-0, was a decent game, then went to tiny Carlisle away and could barely create a chance. Much harder than arsenal! Which is weird. Tried changing to all kinds of tactics, but it was as if my players were stuck in mud.

Oh well, I'll give the game a break for a couple of days and come back Friday and see if I can figure something out. I think your slider set can be for me.

Back
Top Bottom