Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Too easy is really not the adjective I would personally use to talk about this game. I am long time manual fifa player and I normally play at the legendary difficulty level. I had to drop down to worldclass with this one, and I have been crushed by the cpu in all the few games I have found time to play so far. I didn't t feel cheated (may be a bit on physical battle) but outplayed. Difficulty is not a concern for me at all so far. I use the pro cam so that make thing a bit more complicate too, but the graphisms and the little details really shine on that cam. I love to see the stands also when I play, I think it adds to the immersion.

The game is way too easy. Won the league with Huddersfield in my first season with 34 wins and 3 draws and 1 loss(against Burnley). This is in ultimate difficulty. Most shots are goals and cutback goals are really easy. Also the good dribblers when controlled via CPU doesn't stand out. All they do is pass around instead of dribbling past me. And if you block the passing lanes, it's easy win. Anyone else find it easy?
Its the first time I am happy to be obviously not a good player. ;-) Started my cm with Celta on WC/assisted won the first game 1-0 against Espanyol, could a reach a draw at Levante and got smashed in my third game 7-1 home against Atletico. :-D

camera makes a big difference in difficulty, also unrealistic shit starts to happen above professional difficulty. This is why i play broadcast or dynamic camera on professional difficulty. The sweet spot for me, because i see natural stats and CPU error, it's challenging on those cameras. If you play high CPU difficulty because it's to easy on zoomed out camera settings, the player stats become overpowered from the difficulty level being so high, making CPU shooting and headers to accurate. Then game becomes end to end high scoring, like most youtube vids. You get more midfield battles on dynamic camera too. I wouldn't play FIFA if it didn't have dynamic/broadcast camera. Because what i see on most youtube vids is :R1

Last edited:
Too easy is really not the adjective I would personally use to talk about this game. I am long time manual fifa player and I normally play at the legendary difficulty level. I had to drop down to worldclass with this one, and I have been crushed by the cpu in all the few games I have found time to play so far. I didn't t feel cheated (may be a bit on physical battle) but outplayed. Difficulty is not a concern for me at all so far. I use the pro cam so that make thing a bit more complicate too, but the graphisms and the little details really shine on that cam. I love to see the stands also when I play, I think it adds to the immersion.

i play amateur and last night i was happy just to get a 1-0 winner at 80mins.

there is obviously something that is not clicking for me and i'm not quite sure what it is but i'm learning every day. there are a lot of button combos to get used to and i am aware it took me a few months to click with manual pes.

that + squad development + vids from joonloop + posts like yours makes for a very addictive game.

I didn’t like the demo but I was hoping the full game with sliders, bigger ball and slow pace would change that as I could see the potential but so far it’s not happened.
Think I’ll try the above settings and if no joy I’ll leave it for a few months and play Pes until I’ve had enough of that.
My son will play Fifa so it’s not an entire waste but I’m just not seeing and feeling what everyone else is.
When I see vids of everyone’s games I think that looks great, fire mine up and just can’t get on with it.

I think one of the problems is to keep going from PES to FIFA and back again. There will always be good in one that will make the bad stand out in the other. For the last 10 years i can say that i have constantly gone back and forth and then back to retro PES. But this year i didnt buy PES so i am just trying to get on with FIFA and the good outweighs the bad for me. But i am still trying other people’s ideas and gradually the game is getting there.

For example I have just recently moved it up to Normal Speed something that i was never planning to do and i am enjoying it more because it doesnt feel as fast as previous years. I find slow a bit sluggish now. (EA, in case you read this, please keep the speed the same though :P)

@Matt10 suggested getting the ‘Rematch Option’ with the tokens. Which is a good idea because it gives you a chance to keep replaying with different sliders until it feels right.

On the subject of tokens i have 101,000 is that a lot? The rematch thing is the only thing i have ever bought.

Also, can someone please explain what Auto Switching Move Assistance is? I have it on High but dont really know what it does. Thanks

Im seeing a lot of FUT professionals screaming for patches. They want MORE accuracy in shooting and passes... These guys are really influencing how games develops.

I don't think people should expect that the game will develop in a more realistic direction. Maybe this is a door-opener for me with PES.

I think one of the problems is to keep going from PES to FIFA and back again. There will always be good in one that will make the bad stand out in the other. For the last 10 years i can say that i have constantly gone back and forth and then back to retro PES. But this year i didnt buy PES so i am just trying to get on with FIFA and the good outweighs the bad for me. But i am still trying other people’s ideas and gradually the game is getting there.

Agree - I say the same on here every year and have done exactly what I say not to do.
Pick one and stick with it.

Im seeing a lot of FUT professionals screaming for patches. They want MORE accuracy in shooting and passes... These guys are really influencing how games develops.

I don't think people should expect that the game will develop in a more realistic direction. Maybe this is a door-opener for me with PES.
no, don't worry. two things will happen, online fut settings and offline settings will come eventually. And game will become realistic because of improved technology.

This guy made really good points about FIFA 19. Thought I would share this here.

"In previous FiFas all you needed to do was hold the sprint button and your player would reach max speed while still retaining maximum dribbling which is unrealistic AF. Only a few Elite players can actually do that IRL, but if FiFa you could pull that kind of shit with Musa and Lozano. Just hold sprint, and switch directions on a dime to blow past people.

Now Pace is as balanced as it can be."

Interesting view, given you can still make a 90 degree turn from maximum sprint without losing significant speed or control. This and the ball physics/animations (which are a visible step back from previous FIFAs) just keep the game caged in arcade and even the best slider sets are unable to fight this.

"In previous FiFas all you needed to do was hold the sprint button and your player would reach max speed while still retaining maximum dribbling which is unrealistic AF. Only a few Elite players can actually do that IRL, but if FiFa you could pull that kind of shit with Musa and Lozano. Just hold sprint, and switch directions on a dime to blow past people.

Now Pace is as balanced as it can be."

Interesting view, given you can still make a 90 degree turn from maximum sprint without losing significant speed or control. This and the ball physics/animations (which are a visible step back from previous FIFAs) just keep the game caged in arcade and even the best slider sets are unable to fight this.

Both games are 'caged in arcade' though, its what makes them accessible. The best PES games were never deep simulations, they were pick up and play with some nice touches of simulated elements here and there, thats what FIFA is today. You can't cram a hugely realistic football game into a 12-20 minute match.

Both games are 'caged in arcade' though, its what makes them accessible. The best PES games were never deep simulations, they were pick up and play with some nice touches of simulated elements here and there, thats what FIFA is today. You can't cram a hugely realistic football game into a 12-20 minute match.

I think you can, if you get the basics right. The FIFA sliders would give you any possibilities to set up a great simulation, but as long the don´t rework their whole physics engine it is just a proof of concept at the moment.

When i think of PES with sliders and fixed AI, you are nearly there. Same for FIFA, if they would enhance this completely outdated engine.

I'm sure it has been said before but on Co op cam, zoom 3 height 20, slow speed, no sliders,offline for me, the game is the best footy game I have played since pro 5. I don't know why but on this cam it feels like there's more space for the computer or maybe its the distance of the view that changes the perception speed their passes because I don't seem to get the zippy ping pong play I do on Tele cam. Just played AC v Inter and it was very very enjoyable. It will probably be too far for some, but for me, it's so good. Really enjoying AC too. Feels like when I used to play with Kaka, Pirlo etc on ps2. Might start a career mode with them.

Just tried these camera settings and it played excellent. There is so much space on the pitch. It actually makes playing on FUMA a bit easier but that’s a good thing because it means i dont get frustrated when missing a two yard pass. Like i said earlier i have actually moved up to normal speed but with @goalgerd sliders and the pace feels ok to me, not sluggish as it is on slow.

I have been messing around with settings in a career but i think i will start again now.

Agree - I say the same on here every year and have done exactly what I say not to do.
Pick one and stick with it.

This is the first time i have done it and it is less frustrating. Give those camera settings a try in the post i quoted you may find your fix.

I am really loving the game and the individuality and tactics really shine through. Kightly for Southend is excellent at taking people on and getting crosses in. It’s a shame he is getting old.

I really wish they would increase the fouls though. If they did then it would add so much more to what is already a fantastic game of football.

Co-Op camera makes this game difficult for me and thats a good thing...its too easy in tele broadcast even though thats my favourite camera.

I am going to stick with Co-Op now on Ultimate....its much harder and rewarding when you score.

I think thats why maybe the co-op cam players here like @Placebo and @Chris Davies find it more difficult. It's so much harder to score in Co-Op because angles are different.

I might start a new Career as Wolves to make it harder.

Do you mind sharing you camera settings, control settings etc with me? :)

I wish I could give you a definite answer. I keep going between cameras and settings and sliders. All have their benefits and drawbacks. The game I'm playing now is entertaining, but possibly a tad too easy. Ultimate, but with sliders for the CPU pass speed and accuracy and shot speed and accuracy turned a tad down (to reduce the amount of tiki taka and one timer shots from outside the box), but they seem to make the CPU kind of toothless - so not much a of a threat going forward. But that's ultimate, assisted passing, assisted through ball, semi or manual everything else. Normal speed. I think slow somehow limits the amount of moves you can pull off, and I've just seen more variety in goals scored, more randomness and little touches here and there when on normal - it's like it's more responsive somehow. I can live with passing, animations and stuff like that being a tad too fast, if it means the game is more enjoyable. I've probably handicapped the CPU a bit too much though, but still only a few games into the season, so will keep on playing and see. Ultimate on default is definitely not the walk in the park I wrote a few pages back (I actually think I was playing on legendary and not ultimate back then), but it just feels unbalanced, and like the CPU is cheating, getting constantly pushed off the ball and outrun, and the relentless tiki taka and shots into top corner from outside the box. The massive benefit with this is the variety of goals I'm scoring. I've always said that a good football game can partially be judged on how much variety in goals you'll be able to score and concede - and if you're a bit into the tactics, you can sure score a lot of realistic looking goals. I just wish the ones you conceded looked realistic as well.

I actually quite enjoyed playing on semi-passing - semi shooting - manual through ball - manual cross/lob, professional difficulty on broadcast cam. It's quite nice, but when the ball is in the farthest away corner, it gets a bit too tricky to really be enjoyable, in my opinion. I keep going back to broadcast, because it looks nice, but every time after a few matches I say "this is silly, I don't see the entire pitch, and it doesn't feel right". The camera I keep going back to is tele broadcast, as it's just the one that feels the most natural - but there are definite pros and cons with all cameras.

I don't know, in the end, playing FIFA feels a lot like chasing the pink dragon (I say this every year) - this hunt to find the perfect settings, and they're just not there, so you should really just settle for some imperfections at some point and just go with it. Seems to be deeply ingrained in me to find the "perfect" setting though. If only there weren't the goddamned sliders to slide around, haha.

Last edited:
When using in game defense tactics. Going with Strikers drop back will always turn my formation to the magicial three. Don't understand why it happens or the reasoning behind it.

Also this game is so fun to play, I really enjoy this direction hope it continues.

Another good thing with tactics is i use one just to swap my SM over. So if Kightly is not doing so good on the left i will just push a button and swap him to the right. Great stuff!

Patch today apparently...

(no idea how true but this account is apparently reliable).
Translation:

"[On October 2nd] there will be an update for #FIFA19. Theoretically they are going to patch problem shots, which sometimes happen with the inside of the foot instead of being normally powered. But will they 'correct' something else too? :THINK:"

Hold me @Placebo, I'm scared.

So it begins.

I know that Origin won't let you start the game sometimes without downloading the latest patch, what happens if your PC isn't connected to the internet at all though. Does that mean that someone who bought the game but doesn't have internet anymore can't play anymore?

Surely that's not right, paying £40+ for something you can't use due to having no internet connection.

Patch today apparently...

(no idea how true but this account is apparently reliable).

Something about fixing a problem with shots.
So it begins.

I know that Origin won't let you start the game sometimes without downloading the latest patch, what happens if your PC isn't connected to the internet at all though. Does that mean that someone who bought the game but doesn't have internet anymore can't play anymore?

Surely that's not right, paying £40+ for something you can't use due to having no internet connection.

I pulled the plug on my ps4 last week. It works fine. Should work on the pc as well? But how long can you keep that offline?

I literally translated it in the post below it!!!!!!

hope they will reduce amount of first time shoots ........... dreamer :/
I would be shocked if there were AI tweaks beyond the ones requested by the FUT community, which we will have to suffer offline (because there's no distinction between the two).

If you search for "FIFA 19" on Twitter, this is the number one result at the moment. This is a wishlist of changes from a FUT player with a lot of likes.

Doek_8-WkAAjpvG.jpg

In Career Mode, that will translate to your AI defenders being useless, tackling more difficult (hopefully that would mean more fouls though), an increase in pass precision, FASTER turning and FASTER player speed (!).

NO THANKS.

But it'll happen.

I pulled the plug on my ps4 last week. It works fine. Should work on the pc as well? But how long can you keep that offline?

It works until the game says that it requires a patch to start, though I guess if the PC/Origin is offline completely this might not be an issue cause it won't know a patch has been released.

I kept Origin offline for a good amount of time to play mods last year. It was a bit buggy but it worked out. Then I eventually got tired of it all and gave up.

I have no intention to do this stuff for Fifa 19, anyway. I'll update the game and if it's still good, good. If not, then bye. The concept itself that I have to resort to this kind of nonsense because they not only can't tolerate mods, but can't also seem to keep modes separated it's unacceptable.. maybe I see it particularly harshly because I'm in a particularly busy period and all I want to do, when I can, is just to play a game or two before sleep and not being bothered with stopping updates, fighting with Origin and with EA's way to deal with things. /rant

Back
Top Bottom