Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
@Chris Davies What slider settings are you using may I ask? Your views and requirements of the game tend to mimic my own, and was just wondering what settings you are currently using. Be good to see whether I can make any adjustments to my own to compare. Cheers.

When I cycle through my tactics mid-game, why does it change my players all over the place too?

I switched to ATTACK and the game put my RB at DMF earlier. Even though I set the squads perfectly in the tactics menus. So frustrating.

I watched this video this morning and the guy explains it very well. I realised i have not even began to play FIFA properly yet...

I watched this video this morning and the guy explains it very well. I realised i have not even began to play FIFA properly yet...

Thanks! :)

I love this version of Fifa, dudes.

I never tire of whipping in near post crosses. It’s amazing how unpredictable every game is, you never know what it’s going to throw at you.

AND injuries! Jack Grealish is out for a month :(

Penalties! I’ve been awarded two so far. Not even half way through season.

Good game, good game.

I've played the full game for a night at a friend (PS4, if it matters) and, well, I can't really say I dislike it but I can't really say I love it either.

From what I see, crossing is overpowered (I was playing against assisted players, and they just kept spamming near post crosses to which my keeper would usually refuse to react or do so with considerable delay, coming out leaving the goal open but not soon enough to intercept/punch the ball away), and so are some shots from outside (especially when the defence clears the ball after a corner). The fact that timed finishing can be turned off at will doesn't help with that.

I'm conceding myself more time before deciding whether it's for me or not. It's a shame because there are things that I really, really liked.

I had done everything in that video before even playing my first career mode game. At times I like tinkering with systems and tactics too much!

I play 4-3-3 when balanced. 4-1-4-1 when defending/ultra defensive. 4-2-3-1 wide when attacking/ultra attacking; with the no.10 and striker set to ‘stay forward’.

I’ve gone into every single player’s roles. My wingers stay high and wide. My fullbacks always overlap unless I’m defensive modes. My CDM always sits back and let’s the two other CMs attack. One CM is box-to-box, my other CM is in a ‘free role’ and has hardly no defensive duties.

It’s very tactical this year I love it.

I had done everything in that video before even playing my first career mode game. At times I like tinkering with systems and tactics too much!

I play 4-3-3 when balanced. 4-1-4-1 when defending/ultra defensive. 4-2-3-1 wide when attacking/ultra attacking; with the no.10 and striker set to ‘stay forward’.

I’ve gone into every single player’s roles. My wingers stay high and wide. My fullbacks always overlap unless I’m defensive modes. My CDM always sits back and let’s the two other CMs attack. One CM is box-to-box, my other CM is in a ‘free role’ and has hardly no defensive duties.

You're just playing with the default sliders, right? I keep wading into slider territory, slightly dragging this one a bit up, this one a bit down etc - and at some point it all just feels so stale that I have to reset it all, and suddenly the game comes back to life again. It certainly isn't perfect on default, but I think it's the setting I've found so far which feels the most balanced in terms of being quite difficult to attack, and quite difficult to defend.

The high number of attempted overhead kicks during corners is frigging ridiculous. Surely that’ll get patched out.

Yeah, not just from corners, but in general. You see at least 2-3 attempted overhead kicks every single match. Super silly. Overpowered headers as well, AND something I haven't seen mentioned here - side foot shots! I see them all the time, in situations where they shouldn't be happening.

I agree, although unless I'm missing something, it's not a very flexible system for making changes mid-match and is much more about game planning pre match. What I mean is that if you make a change to one of your gameplans during a match, you then are kinda stuck with that gameplan because switching to another one will disrupt shit because of the change you made.

There really needs to be an option where if you make a change you can update that change to all game plans.

I dunno. Maybe I haven't figured things out fully but I'm kinda disappointed with how the system works when making changes mid-match.

The game is very tactical, so it makes even less sense that you can't see the CPU formation before kick-off

What rubs salt in the wound is that in FUT Squad Battles you get to see the tactics and lineup for each opposition so you can plan some if you want. Crazy that that's in FUT but not in CM.

This is now my number wish for CM next year: give us a scouting report feature in which we're given some type of analysis pre match for each opponent. Bare minimum it could be just a static report showing us the lineup and tactics, like in FUT.

If they want to do it better they could make it more dynamic in which the opposition will approach your game in a customize way based on your team strength, form, tactics, lineup etc, and you get a best guess of how the opposition will line up and you can go from there. This would allow for them to both improve the way CPU teams lineup and approach each match while also giving us a feature that can get the best out of the tactical system pre match.

You're just playing with the default sliders, right? I keep wading into slider territory, slightly dragging this one a bit up, this one a bit down etc - and at some point it all just feels so stale that I have to reset it all, and suddenly the game comes back to life again. It certainly isn't perfect on default, but I think it's the setting I've found so far which feels the most balanced in terms of being quite difficult to attack, and quite difficult to defend.
No, messing with the sliders make the game horrible to play. It's great in default on slow. Leave the sliders, and they'll leave you alone :LOL:

Seriously though, no sliders make Mikhail a happy dude.

The game is very tactical, so it makes even less sense that you can't see the CPU formation before kick-off

Agreed with this. For now, the only workaround that I know of is to pause the game (before commentators start) and press the far right toggle in the Match Facts section > Player Ratings ; and it will show both team's set up. It won't actually say the formation, but it's better than trying to see it in-game or replay.

Yeah. I get los in that stuff too. Not that I am the messiah of tactics... :)
Yeah, not just from corners, but in general. You see at least 2-3 attempted overhead kicks every single match. Super silly. Overpowered headers as well, AND something I haven't seen mentioned here - side foot shots! I see them all the time, in situations where they shouldn't be happening.
Let’s change them with fouls! ^^
I repeat myself but I want more. He’ll, I even got more penalties, ffs!

just got a game crash and save data corrupted.

was playing FUT at the time and had modified sliders earlier.

all sliders reset. FUT squads intact.

would not have expected this on PS4 - would be mightily annoyed if this happened through CM

I've said this for years, before tactics mattered. Some scout report pre-match that lets you see the opponent's last used formation (though it'll always be the same, tactics are set and don't evolve over time sadly) would be brilliant.

I've tweeted about it, not that it'll make any difference... Not had a single response from EA on anything I've desperately flagged so far...

Maybe I was tired last night but I had 3 games and turned them all off after about 3 mins.
Even on slow (and matts sliders) it was a ping pong fest and I was using Blackburn v Leeds.
3 really horrible games.

I think it could be the way some teams are programmed to play - possibly a legacy issue from previous versions of the game.

I've had some fantastically scrappy matches playing with League 2 or Scottish teams but now and then get a game where the opposition play like Barcelona. I think it was Colchester in League 2 and St Mirren in Scotland where they're both 1-1.5 star teams but both played this relentless, perfect tiki-taka. I tried radically altering those teams' tactics in the Team Sheets (set to Long Ball for all mentalities, etc) but it didn't make much difference, which is why I wonder if the way that each AI teams play is at least partly programmed into the game and the tactics don't affect them much.

I've gone back to play other teams and the lovely scrappy, error-strewn stuff returns, so I don't think it's a perception thing - I suspect that some teams have be programmed to play possession football and the game makes most of them far too good at it.

The game is way too easy. Won the league with Huddersfield in my first season with 34 wins and 3 draws and 1 loss(against Burnley). This is in ultimate difficulty. Most shots are goals and cutback goals are really easy. Also the good dribblers when controlled via CPU doesn't stand out. All they do is pass around instead of dribbling past me. And if you block the passing lanes, it's easy win. Anyone else find it easy?

The game is way too easy. Won the league with Huddersfield in my first season with 34 wins and 3 draws and 1 loss(against Burnley). This is in ultimate difficulty. Most shots are goals and cutback goals are really easy. Also the good dribblers when controlled via CPU doesn't stand out. All they do is pass around instead of dribbling past me. And if you block the passing lanes, it's easy win. Anyone else find it easy?

You must be good. Struggling in legendary with Betis. Semi controllers.

I keep reading this everywhere and it's my biggest fear coming true. The FIFA Careers Sub Reddit has lots of posts saying this game is easy in Ultimate, and on the EA forums.

I might have to just play this online - which I'm actually enjoying for a change. If I start finding the career in FIFA too easy I think I'll go back to PES 2019 for my single player Career fix because that IS hard!

just got a game crash and save data corrupted.

was playing FUT at the time and had modified sliders earlier.

all sliders reset. FUT squads intact.

would not have expected this on PS4 - would be mightily annoyed if this happened through CM
Never ever had that shit. Neither I’m having broken smartphone charging cables or head ache ever. Hm. Lucky me. Knock on Wood! :)

I've said this for years, before tactics mattered. Some scout report pre-match that lets you see the opponent's last used formation (though it'll always be the same, tactics are set and don't evolve over time sadly) would be brilliant.

I've tweeted about it, not that it'll make any difference... Not had a single response from EA on anything I've desperately flagged so far...

But at least they have listened regarding making teams play differently. So maybe next year they will implement teams changing tactics. ;)

Nope. And i am so pleased i am struggling on WC full manual. Should keep me going till next year. :D

Back
Top Bottom