Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
You must be good. Struggling in legendary with Betis. Semi controllers.

The semi controls is the difference.

I've started an ultimate campaign again now, and I'm struggling with defending at times. CPU just goes into tiki taka mode, pings it about and smashes it in from 30 yards time and again. Quite silly. It's weird, I started a La Liga season earlier, and didn't see this stuff, matches were more even and I didn't feel cheated once. But in a Premier League season, it's really weird, Fulham suddenly turning into Barcelona with their passing. Didn't see that in La Liga, even when playing good teams like Valencia and Sevilla.

The game is way too easy. Won the league with Huddersfield in my first season with 34 wins and 3 draws and 1 loss(against Burnley). This is in ultimate difficulty. Most shots are goals and cutback goals are really easy. Also the good dribblers when controlled via CPU doesn't stand out. All they do is pass around instead of dribbling past me. And if you block the passing lanes, it's easy win. Anyone else find it easy?

CM is way too easy. Single player in FUT most certainly isn't, especially Squad Battles. I've had amazing matches in FUT single player and I haven't touched my CM in a couple days because of the lack of challenge.

No, messing with the sliders make the game horrible to play. It's great in default on slow. Leave the sliders, and they'll leave you alone :LOL:

Seriously though, no sliders make Mikhail a happy dude.

I agree.
Played it Friday morning, just changed it to slow and love it.
Put on sliders and have hated every game since.
I’m just not getting this game at the moment.
It’s not clicking.

I'm glad I'm crap at the game... Still loving it, especially with the sliders I posted earlier in the sliders thread, although the biggest factors for me are probably the team level, difficulty level and control settings.

Playing on World Class or above introduces crazy AI first-time shots and silly tiki-taka. But not all of the time, just certain teams.

FUT should be a banned class A game mode.

Pretty sure people are gonna deal crack just so they can buy Fifa points.

No matter what you do with sliders the ball just doesn't act like a ball at times and it just drags the game flow back ..hard to describe but as soon as put pes on it feels like a ball again

The semi controls is the difference.

I've started an ultimate campaign again now, and I'm struggling with defending at times. CPU just goes into tiki taka mode, pings it about and smashes it in from 30 yards time and again. Quite silly. It's weird, I started a La Liga season earlier, and didn't see this stuff, matches were more even and I didn't feel cheated once. But in a Premier League season, it's really weird, Fulham suddenly turning into Barcelona with their passing. Didn't see that in La Liga, even when playing good teams like Valencia and Sevilla.
I might start a new Career as Wolves to make it harder.

Do you mind sharing you camera settings, control settings etc with me? :)

Anybody know why they've taken away the option to alter the kick off times in career mode? Absolutely detest playing night matches or late afternoon matches because of the lighting. Utter buffoonery to take away this option. So pointlessly annoying.

I might start a new Career as Wolves to make it harder.

Do you mind sharing you camera settings, control settings etc with me? :)

How familiar are you with controls other than assisted? I'd try semi passing, assisted shooting, and everything else on manual. I'd use manual passing, but it honestly feels broken ever since FIFA 18. Broken as in, the player switching/reaction feels completely off. Me and my friend were quite good at manual passing from FIFA 15-17, but ever since 18, it's just never felt the same. You can still use manual passes with L1 + R1 + A.

How familiar are you with controls other than assisted? I'd try semi passing, assisted shooting, and everything else on manual. I'd use manual passing, but it honestly feels broken ever since FIFA 18. Broken as in, the player switching/reaction feels completely off. Me and my friend were quite good at manual passing from FIFA 15-17, but ever since 18, it's just never been the same.
I have used default controls in both football games since I can remember. It’s probably why I found Fifa 18 so easy?

But in PES the game is so much more challenging, it annoys me that EA still can’t get this right.

I think this year - PES my single player game, FIFA my online game. Because online with co-op camera, playing as 3 and 4 star teams is a joy. I love the matchmaking in FIFA.

Played a game as Leicester earlier my opponent was Shaktar Donetsk. Not a Messi or Neymar in sight.

It was a great match and ended 2-1 to me.

One more thing:-

Something that has annoyed me for god knows how many years in Fifa games.

The sound of the post and crossbar being hit. It sounds so bad. CLUNK! It’s so bad it’s funny.

EA have all that money and resources and they still can’t get this right. Why don’t they just sample the sound an actual ball hitting a post? How hard can it be?

I have used default controls in both football games since I can remember. It’s probably why I found Fifa 18 so easy?

But in PES the game is so much more challenging, it annoys me that EA still can’t get this right.

I think this year - PES my single player game, FIFA my online game. Because online with co-op camera, playing as 3 and 4 star teams is a joy. I love the matchmaking in FIFA.

Played a game as Leicester earlier my opponent was Shaktar Donetsk. Not a Messi or Neymar in sight.

It was a great match and ended 2-1 to me.

I feel ya. To start, I'd definitely suggest using the controls in my previous post. Try those for a few matches and see if your experience doesn't improve. It might not, but I personally don't find the offline very fulfilling or challenging on fully assisted either. Worth a go.

EDIT: And yes, the crossbar sounds are horrendous!

I can smell some of these in here.:LOL:
largeporkpie-full.jpg

Last edited:
I'm sure it has been said before but on Co op cam, zoom 3 height 20, slow speed, no sliders,offline for me, the game is the best footy game I have played since pro 5. I don't know why but on this cam it feels like there's more space for the computer or maybe its the distance of the view that changes the perception speed their passes because I don't seem to get the zippy ping pong play I do on Tele cam. Just played AC v Inter and it was very very enjoyable. It will probably be too far for some, but for me, it's so good. Really enjoying AC too. Feels like when I used to play with Kaka, Pirlo etc on ps2. Might start a career mode with them.

I'm sure it has been said before but on Co op cam, zoom 3 height 20, slow speed, no sliders,offline for me, the game is the best footy game I have played since pro 5. I don't know why but on this cam it feels like there's more space for the computer or maybe its the distance of the view that changes the perception speed their passes because I don't seem to get the zippy ping pong play I do on Tele cam. Just played AC v Inter and it was very very enjoyable. It will probably be too far for some, but for me, it's so good. Really enjoying AC too. Feels like when I used to play with Kaka, Pirlo etc on ps2. Might start a career mode with them.

I will try this tomorrow :)

Dario Benedetto ??? So I guess anybody with a cool neck tattoo will score on you.

Jokes aside, I have noticed when trying to hold on to a lead or just in general to check out who I can sub in next I will see a 3 in the back formation I am conceding goals in my campaign so in no way am I setting up my team as such. Little noticeable bug I have experienced about four or five times so far.

Little annoyance but no big deal I am down to tinker with my new toy next game I set up my 4 in the back then ramped up attack while in game to all out to see if this was the issue?

Pause game still 4 at the back however I know I am not going crazy this has happened 3 to 4 times strange. Little annoyance seems to be totally random not game breaking at all just hope it can get fixed in the future. Without of course breaking something else in the process.

Last edited:
Well I wouldn't say that I'm all that great - I'm just an above average player in multiplayer - but CM isn't offering me much of a challenge. I really do think a big part of that is form - the first games of the season always feel great but then after a couple weeks all my players are on up arrows and I don't lose.

But I'm really enjoying the challenge in Squad Battles. Playing on Legendary I've had many of my best matches with FIFA 19. Just wish I could get the same experience from CM :(
It requires patience and good build up before you can score, it is rewarding

Thank you. Knew it'd be me doing something wrong.

Is anyone else finding headers from corners hugely overpowered? I've scored 9 goals in 3 games so far and 7 from corners with the head. It's kind of ruining it for me.
I ve scored only 1 header in 15 games of FUT, so it depends on ur style of play

I’ll give this a go as the game feels like a huge waste of £59.99 for me.
I’m really not enjoying it.
I’ve put Chris’s sliders on but I have players skating to get into position. The game feels really fast again. Every team - even Forest Green in Div 2 - tiki takka the ball around me.
Hating this game right now.

I’ll give this a go as the game feels like a huge waste of £59.99 for me.
I’m really not enjoying it.
I’ve put Chris’s sliders on but I have players skating to get into position. The game feels really fast again. Every team - even Forest Green in Div 2 - tiki takka the ball around me.
Hating this game right now.

To be honest, you've been hating it for at least a month now. Perhaps you should just leave it be?

To be honest, you've been hating it for at least a month now. Perhaps you should just leave it be?

I didn’t like the demo but I was hoping the full game with sliders, bigger ball and slow pace would change that as I could see the potential but so far it’s not happened.
Think I’ll try the above settings and if no joy I’ll leave it for a few months and play Pes until I’ve had enough of that.
My son will play Fifa so it’s not an entire waste but I’m just not seeing and feeling what everyone else is.
When I see vids of everyone’s games I think that looks great, fire mine up and just can’t get on with it.

Back
Top Bottom