Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
I kept Origin offline for a good amount of time to play mods last year. It was a bit buggy but it worked out. Then I eventually got tired of it all and gave up.

I have no intention to do this stuff for Fifa 19, anyway. I'll update the game and if it's still good, good. If not, then bye. The concept itself that I have to resort to this kind of nonsense because they not only can't tolerate mods, but can't also seem to keep modes separated it's unacceptable.. maybe I see it particularly harshly because I'm in a particularly busy period and all I want to do, when I can, is just to play a game or two before sleep and not being bothered with stopping updates, fighting with Origin and with EA's way to deal with things. /rant
Yeah, I get that.

My hope is that with the next generation of consoles on the horizon, we get the new model of FIFA that the head of EA was talking about not so long ago - the no-yearly-updates, pay-monthly scenario* - and that there's a choice of modes.

So you get the base game, e.g. kick-off mode, but FUT costs extra, Career Mode costs extra.

That way, Career Mode would have a distinct revenue stream, and for it to continue to be a viable option, it would have to be worked on and updated, to what offline players want (which I'd imagine would be realism), instead of what FUT players want.

No more "nobody plays Career Mode so we aren't putting any money into it".

Being honest though... I think it's more likely that the whole game will become a pay-monthly thing, including all modes, and offline will stay as it is forever (like the "Legacy" FIFA games on old consoles, where all that changes is the kits). At which point, I will stop playing the game, because I wouldn't pay monthly for a game that doesn't update the one mode I play...

I just can't see EA ever producing separate sets of gameplay for different audiences - I live in hope, but I bet they don't. I can't see them doubling their workload, particularly when they make 5x more money through FUT card sales than through sales of the game itself.

Last edited:
The one I find strange is increase on amount of accuracy of shots inside the area.

FUT players always play on full auto and all you need to do is press the shoot button from anywhere and it goes on target, so don't get why they are requesting that.

The problem is there are people like me who want things changed, but I play on Semi not full auto and don't play FUT.

My wish list is mainly:-
Increased passing error from CPU - Stat dependant.
Passing % increase for Player again based on passing stats, Liverpool should be able to pass better than Exeter without me having to move to Full Auto.
First time passing % massively reduced based on passing stats
This should also reduce teams in League 2 playing TIKA TAKA.
Improvement to block tackles so they are more effective rather than always resulting in a 50-50 situation.
The catch up logic should be reduced, to make PACE stat on the game relevant.
Switching players should not be such a messed up chore - There is multiple times I have a player closer to the ball but the CPU will take over my player and run him to the ball rather than me being able to switch to the player much closer.

The ability to add custom chants.
THE REAL St James' Park added to the game not the Sports Direct Arena@St.James Park.com
Christy Pym should be in the England squad

I do have a slightly bigger wish list, but can't think right now.

The issue is FIFA 19 has flaws, but it is an improvement over 18 and with game play patching could be very good.
However I feel with the mentions of Chris above patching is going to go in the opposite direction of what I want.

I really do think it is time for FIFA to split the FIFA's a simulation mode for Career Mode (Single Players) and a fast passed FIFA Street version what the FUT players want.

Yeah, I get that.

My hope is that with the next generation of consoles on the horizon, we get the new model of FIFA that the head of EA was talking about not so long ago - the no-yearly-updates, pay-monthly scenario* - and that there's a choice of modes.

So you get the base game, e.g. kick-off mode, but FUT costs extra, Career Mode costs extra.

That way, Career Mode would have a distinct revenue stream, and for it to continue to be a viable option, it would have to be worked on and updated, to what offline players want (which I'd imagine would be realism), instead of what FUT players want.

No more "nobody plays Career Mode so we aren't putting any money into it".

Being honest though... I think it's more likely that the whole game will become a pay-monthly thing, including all modes, and offline will stay as it is forever (like the "Legacy" FIFA games on old consoles, where all that changes is the kits). At which point, I will stop playing the game, because I wouldn't pay monthly for a game that doesn't update the one mode I play...

I just can't see EA ever producing separate sets of gameplay for different audiences - I live in hope, but I bet they don't. I can't see them doubling their workload, particularly when they make 5x more money through FUT card sales than through sales of the game itself.

Would be great (no, would actually be beyond great) if they'd have a specifical team work to provide a realistical experience for offline and career, but as you seem to think yourself, I'm inclined to believe it's just well wishing. Until proven otherwise, I think that Fifa stopping annual release for a similar model will equal with the slow but certain death of single player as we know it.

First off, @xPJRx & @philla - I've moved the above post here as it's FIFA-related in the PES thread, sorry for the confusion (the original post is mostly PES-related so it's stayed behind)...

Secondly, @philla - I agree on the level of the challenge, but don't you find it too ping-pongy?

I think so much of this depends on the level of the team you're playing against and/or their tactics, though. Playing on Professional in League Two feels pretty good. Up it to Legendary and they start doing silly things with the tiki-taka - not necessarily in a way that even helps them! I just mean, you'll see two players pass back and forth for ten seconds, while you cut their passing lanes, because they can't figure out what to do.

Whereas on Professional, they'll try something and fail instead - and I think that's the major difference. Professional is way too easy with everything assisted for most of us - on semi, it's (currently) a challenge for me (I may be alone there).

I'd much rather the AI tried something that won't work than ping-pong back and forth in a silly manner because they're programmed not to do something that won't work - if that makes sense. That's World Class and above in a nutshell, for me.

Still confused because i was talking about legendary level in PES and i am now talking in the FIFA thread...you were talking about legendary level in FIFA, right?

Still confused because i was talking about legendary level in PES and i am now talking in the FIFA thread...you were talking about legendary level in FIFA, right?
There's a "Legendary" level in PES? I didn't think it was called that? I assumed you were talking about FIFA... Sorry, I'll put it back!

EDIT: It's called "Legend" difficulty in PES, not "Legendary". That's why I was confused...!

Last edited:
There's a "Legendary" level in PES? I didn't think it was called that? I assumed you were talking about FIFA... Sorry, I'll put it back!

EDIT: It's called "Legend" difficulty in PES, not "Legendary". That's why I was confused...!

Only two soccer games on the market and we are already unable to handle it...

People say FIFA has lousy player models but Crouch there looks quite impressive. I actually disagree slightly and think FIFA has better visual differentiation, for example physically large players like Pogba/Lukaku etc. look more obviously stronger and powerful in FIFA to me. The models probably look better visually across the board in PES, but to me being able to identify players by their body types is just as important as how "good" they look, partly because it ties into individuality.

I wish the FUT players would f#%k off. Sorry but they piss me off.

It’s a kid’s mode and doesn’t represent football at all.....how on earth do they enjoy the ridiculous scripting and speed of it?

I’m done with EA if they patch this game and turn back into FIFA 18. This is the best game we’ve had in years yet they’ll water it down with a patch to please the FUT YouTube tossbags.

Rant over.

I wish the FUT players would f#%k off. Sorry but they piss me off.

It’s a kid’s mode and doesn’t represent football at all.....how on earth do they enjoy the ridiculous scripting and speed of it?

I’m done with EA if they patch this game and turn back into FIFA 18. This is the best game we’ve had in years yet they’ll water it down with a patch to please the FUT YouTube tossbags.

Rant over.

I think we're the weirdos to be honest. All of my friends who play Fifa are fut-players, and they can't understand why I don't play online, hah. I think I'd be more compelled to play online if it'd be more like real football, with a real league, and where people weren't only in it to spam exploits.

I think we're the weirdos to be honest. All of my friends who play Fifa are fut-players, and they can't understand why I don't play online, hah. I think I'd be more compelled to play online if it'd be more like real football, with a real league, and where people weren't only in it to spam exploits.
I know what you mean, we’re a dying breed [the Career Mode enthusiast].

It’s a matter of when and not if that Konami and EA get rid of ML/Career Mode I think. They’ve got their cash cows now. You can gauge what a fanbase plays by looking at Reddit. Visit the FIFA sub Reddit and nearly every single thread is FUT related.

“Got Ronaldo at last!”

“Something something drafts cheaters something”

“Look at my squad that dad’s Mastercard paid for...now I can PWN people online”

It’s all so depressing.

I remember the good old days of ISS Extreme. We played iss Pro 2 online in a league, where we organised it ourselves, set up fixtures and calculated the table and put it online ourselves. It was ace. Lots of great games against fellow nerds. Unfortunately, it was almost impossible to schedule matches against some users from different parts of the world, so it didn't hold up long. But it was great.

Fully agree.
With pes6 on pc i was in an oldies league, ages 30 and up.
Was great fun, everybody played real football and it also helped that the only skill/trick was shot cancel.

In Fifa is it possible to play online friendlies. Only way i’m going to play online is against like minded people without constant press and a zillion tricks.

In Fifa is it possible to play online friendlies. Only way i’m going to play online is against like minded people without constant press and a zillion tricks.
It is. You can play online friendlies and online friendly seasons, too - you can even set the game speed to slow against friends, online.

You can play a season with filters too, if you want to only play semi/manual players. Not that I find anyone on there most times, but it's a lovely feature.

I remember the good old days of ISS Extreme. We played iss Pro 2 online in a league, where we organised it ourselves, set up fixtures and calculated the table and put it online ourselves. It was ace. Lots of great games against fellow nerds. Unfortunately, it was almost impossible to schedule matches against some users from different parts of the world, so it didn't hold up long. But it was great.
I was a member of ISS Extreme! First ever PES forum I knew of. I never posted but lurked and was jealous of all the players with modded PlayStations and all the proper kits. 2002 ish?

Good times. That magic of being younger and looking forward to PES being released every Autumn.

I lived in the UK at the time....I really miss those days. PES community was at its best. Players sharing Master League stories, goals they were proud of...so many memories

I actually found out about ISS Extreme because there was a small article in a PlayStation magazine about it with a screenshot of an edited Liverpool kit. I was amazed at the time :LOL:

[ sorry for the off topic trip down memory lane showing my age here ]

This year playing manual is really hard! I found short manual passes inconsistent becouse ball suddenly stop rapidly before player recieve it. It's difficult to play possession game especially between CD and DM, AI press harder and you can't benefit from possesion becouse you lose the ball. Tried to increase pass speed slider to 70 and top speed to 60 but ball physics is simply as it is. Other than this I enjoy Lyon carrer :)

With Matt's sliders v4 I've started a career mode with Lipzeig and just stole Pulisic off Dortmund for €14m plus a crappy winger.

Why does the ball act so strange no matter what sliders ..at times it just suddenly stops rolling..ive tried on zero pass speed and a quick tap on the pass button and it's bullet header ..theres just no relation between sliders and ball actual speed in certain situations ..looks awful at times

I don't think Sliders have nothing to do with unrealistic transactions though.

I'm surprised Pulisic was so cheap. He's the next big thing in terms of soccer in the US and EA are an American company.
Talk is of him going Liverpool for about £50m next summer but it's like EA don't know who he is

One thing I enjoy about this years game, unlike past editions of FIFA and most PES games, is that the AI doesn't chase you all over the field like a bunch brain dead Trump supporters, nearly as much. Instead they try to shut down lanes and cut off passes. Love it.
Are you finding it easy though? I’m curious to how everyone finds dofficulty.

Not at all. I should admit I'm not very good at football video games, even though I've been playing the bloody things for donkey's years, so I may not be a good gauge for you. I play on professional difficulty with all manual settings, apart from passing, which I have set to semi. Default sliders and slow game speed using coop camera. More than enough of a challenge for me.

You might want to try Division Rivals then. I've not gotten to deep into it but it seems like people are finding that it does a pretty decent job of matching skill levels, so if you're not the type to spam exploits (which usually means you won't be a top player) you have a better likelihood than ever to be paired with someone you'll have a good match with. In my placement matches I had some shitty ones and some pretty good ones too.

On the topic of CM, the depressing thing is that EA have done an impressive job with designing FUT so that there's always something to do now, whether you're a single player or multiplayer, hardcore or casual. Clearly everyone who once worked on gamemodes (and CM) now work on FUT.

I'm impressed but extremely bitter at the same time.

For the first time tonight i got annoyed with the game. After finding my ideal settings i started a new CM and had a good first game.

But now the second game against Plymouth for some reason my passes were going all over the place. They were cutting out every pass. I checked the stats at half time and they had 92% for passes and I had 40%. So i quit the game and tried semi assisted passing, it was a bit better but now i am finding something that is beginning to annoy me more...

I find my AI players just seem to stand around at times when there is a loose ball going towards them. Even when it is indicated with the ‘Second Defender Switch Icon’ he just stands there until I take control. It is beginning to annoy me because sometimes I am chasing a player down with my controlled man and the ball will go loose towards my ‘second defender’ but he just stands there as the ball goes past. Maybe it will be best if I just turn that option off as I seem to look at it quite a bit.

It might just have been because Plymouth were pressing me all over the park, i couldnt even relax taking a goal kick.

Finally does anyone have any tipes for throw ins? The amount of 2 yard throw ins that I take that go straight to the opposition. I find it easier to pick out a 50 yard pass.

Sorry kind of rant over :)

I've had the same issue with the throw-ins. Not sure what the solution is. Like you I just end up launching it to someone you'd never really think of throwing it to.

I hope EA tweaks the player switching. The amount of times already I've been let down and left stranded by it is annoying, especially when using the shoulder button to do it.

Back
Top Bottom