Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
I have to agree with the controls. It’s strange because i was playing full manual and finding a few games a struggle to enjoy in lower leagues. Finishing with normally 60% passing.

But i just switched to semi assisted and now the game feels better. I can’t put my finger on it. I thought semi assisted would make it easier but i still get passes going astray and shooting into the stands. In fact one game i finished with about 50% passing.

I actually wonder if the stats at the end are correct. One game i lost 2-1 and it said the cpu had one shot on target. I checked the replays and both were direct goals no deflections or anything. But one of them the cpu curled it in so it was going wide to begin with. Maybe that was not registered as a shot on goal. Makes me think about the passing %.
:) funny. I feel the same. Lately I found that semi passing changes the game a lot. I’m good with my fuma on prof but it is a little better with semi. At the other game it’s the complete opposite.

Not using any sliders. CPU has punished any mistake I make.

Saying that, I am only a few games in but hopefully it stays tough for me. Everyone on Reddit also saying it's hard this year and they are halfway through their seasons. You must be extremely good!

Well I wouldn't say that I'm all that great - I'm just an above average player in multiplayer - but CM isn't offering me much of a challenge. I really do think a big part of that is form - the first games of the season always feel great but then after a couple weeks all my players are on up arrows and I don't lose.

But I'm really enjoying the challenge in Squad Battles. Playing on Legendary I've had many of my best matches with FIFA 19. Just wish I could get the same experience from CM :(

I went back to default yesterday, and played on semi assisted, but on professional with Wimbledon, it generally felt a lot more challenging, so I reckon you're right. Much more pressure from the CPU. I'll try again on default ultimate tonight. Sooooo many overhead kicks though, Jesus, they need to patch that out.

I am wary of sliders. My experience of them is that they always seem to break something. I don't trust this engine EA use now I still don't think it suits a football game for whatever reason.

Yep, that's my experience too. Most slider sets end up making the game easier. Tried the OS set and it was the same, and when CM is already too easy at default, it's just not a viable option for me sadly.

If you do use sliders, I'd suggest playing on Ultimate and going from there - playing on Ultimate you get the most intelligent version of the AI, which IMO if you're going to adjust sliders you might as well start from the place where you're getting the best version of the AI. The only problem with that is you do get more of the first touch passing and shooting, which can be frustrating.

Yep, that's my experience too. Most slider sets end up making the game easier. Tried the OS set and it was the same, and when CM is already too easy at default, it's just not a viable option for me sadly.

If you do use sliders, I'd suggest playing on Ultimate and going from there - playing on Ultimate you get the most intelligent version of the AI, which IMO if you're going to adjust sliders you might as well start from the place where you're getting the best version of the AI. The only problem with that is you do get more of the first touch passing and shooting, which can be frustrating.

I imagine this isn't with the most recent beta set? We went back to near default line settings, which should keep it more based on team tactics than anything.

I imagine this isn't with the most recent beta set? We went back to near default line settings, which should keep it more based on team tactics than anything.

Ah, no, haven't tried that one yet. I'll give it a go though I'll probably avoid the speed offset - even on Ultimate at default I'm winning too easily in CM so I'd be worried about giving the user an unneeded advantage.

Honestly, I don't really have that itch this year to fix the game. Except for the lack of fouls, I'm really happy with gameplay. If anything I might try to see if I can't get the CPU to be just a tad tighter and solid in defense.

Ah, no, haven't tried that one yet. I'll give it a go though I'll probably avoid the speed offset - even on Ultimate at default I'm winning too easily in CM so I'd be worried about giving the user an unneeded advantage.

Honestly, I don't really have that itch this year to fix the game. Except for the lack of fouls, I'm really happy with gameplay. If anything I might try to see if I can't get the CPU to be just a tad tighter and solid in defense.
Yeah that was exactly my thoughts as well. In the explanations of the set, I advise that I was wrong in trying to apply past set theories of older FIFAs. This 19 game is something that is very good right out of the box, and we should have respected it as such. As a result the most recent set just works to address the small areas that can be improved, and frees up the tactics to take over, as it should be.

Still tough to get fouls though, but that is literally a FIFA area in general since day 1.

Its a great game full of variety but I'm really struggling to get some zip into the passing on manual. its doing my head in and the lack of smoothness to player movement. Its like they only have sprint or walk and nothin in-between

Hey pal, don't know if this will help but in my attempt to make 18 enjoyable for me and more like what I consider to be great from the ps2 Pro's. I shortened the space between the team's length line for AI. Think it was the length slider and slightly reduced mine. Opened up the width a little so I wasn't getting or seeing what I class as weird unnecessary short passes along with obscure runs made by teammates close to the ball carrier. That's my biggest gripe with Fifa. Feels like the transitional line aren't compressed enough and the zonal widths of the teams are too compressed. Makes for a liner left to right, right to left experience congested experiences. That with increasing my first touch error and making their keeper better, mine a little worse and the AI marking tighter helped the game to be more difficult. To be honest, though, you and Matt probably know more about sliders and their effects than me, but just wanted to share. My main aim for a Footy game is for there to be space geometrically speaking with the transitional lines between att, mid and def difficult to breach.

Struggling to enjoy this on manual right now. Manual passes just seem to suddenly slow down. There's a sluggishness with the passing and also with receiving passes, like the ball sticks to your feet for a split second.

One thing I don't quite is the goalkeepers and their randomness wirh rolling or throwing the ball out. So many times I've wanted to just roll the ball out to a defender, and the keeper has done this really slow and high over arm pass. Looks ridiculous and just results in you being closed down. Don't quite get it.

Couldn't play it the past two days because I've been too busy IRL, I just did a bunch of games now.

Well, this Fifa feels really solid. So much randomness and simplicity around the field.. I just came from a Fiorentina Atalanta under the rain and loved the little varied touches and duels, the individuality of mine and cpu players.. having my defenders aimed by El Papu Gomez for dribbling was pure pleasure..

I don't know if it's a masterpiece, or what the patches will do (still refuse to believe they'll change things to this truly crazy degree, by the way), but as of now this game is a surprise so big I don't know what to say.

Struggling to enjoy this on manual right now. Manual passes just seem to suddenly slow down. There's a sluggishness with the passing and also with receiving passes, like the ball sticks to your feet for a split second.

One thing I don't quite is the goalkeepers and their randomness wirh rolling or throwing the ball out. So many times I've wanted to just roll the ball out to a defender, and the keeper has done this really slow and high over arm pass. Looks ridiculous and just results in you being closed down. Don't quite get it.

Have you tried the pass with purpose button when throwing it pal? I was using that and the keeper tends to roll it out then.

Sorry should of said just tap x when throwing with pass with purpose.

game has two different faces. Great when you play against 3 stars rated teams and another face ,not so good when you play against top teams - too many first time shoots ... just too many

I play career mode with Valencia on ultimate difficulty. Played 3 games and won 2 games 4-3 and 5-4 and draw 3-3... on the other hand it is nice to see that the CPU has 10 shots on goal on average! In FIFA 18 it was way less...

game has two different faces. Great when you play against 3 stars rated teams and another face ,not so good when you play against top teams - too many first time shoots ... just too many

I like it. Hopefully they don't patch it and make lower rated teams as good as world class teams.

When I cycle through my tactics mid-game, why does it change my players all over the place too?

I switched to ATTACK and the game put my RB at DMF earlier. Even though I set the squads perfectly in the tactics menus. So frustrating.

Question : If I change sliders what game modes do they affect?

[I assume its every offline mode but what about FUT-related modes like single player seasons? ]

Thanks

When I cycle through my tactics mid-game, why does it change my players all over the place too?

I switched to ATTACK and the game put my RB at DMF earlier. Even though I set the squads perfectly in the tactics menus. So frustrating.

Because it uses the default gameplan. You have to edit each individual gameplan from ultra defensive to ultra attack.

All I can say Is wow. What an amazing online co op experience. The game plays slower online in co op camera 0 zoom 20 height. Felt amazing footballing Bara, PSG and Liverpool as AC Milan. Felt so measured and slow. Almost like the old days of pro. The ping pongers couldn't ping pong and it felt like it doesn't cheat for the better teams. if you haven't tried it, I would recommend it because that was brilliant and we can't wait to get on again. Surely they will patch it because the kids aren't gonna like that. You have to play football. Each goals different too. So happy!

The last time I thought this much about squad improvement for my Career was PES 10 and 11. Tomorrow I will just be thinking of who I can add to my squad to get me to comfortable mid table security and just slowly build my squad accordingly. I probably will not be the most productive employee just in training so will have plenty of time to get some notes down. Sevilla currently sit 17 in the table I am taking some crushing last minute defeats in the second half of the game because I am not solid on defense as I would like to be right now. I Don't feel cheated just feels like I am not doing enough to help me get the W.

I can tell I am getting better with every game, can the consensus be that this is the most stat based FIFA ever? Really fun game so many little touches of brilliance on the field of play. Hope nothing changes with the core gameplay.

Last edited:
Maybe I was tired last night but I had 3 games and turned them all off after about 3 mins.
Even on slow (and matts sliders) it was a ping pong fest and I was using Blackburn v Leeds.
3 really horrible games.

The last time I thought this much about squad improvement for my Career was PES 10 and 11. Tomorrow I will just be thinking of who I can add to my squad to get me to comfortable mid table security and just slowly build my squad accordingly. I probably will not be the most productive employee just in training so will have plenty of time to get some notes down. Sevilla currently sit 17 in the table I am taking some crushing last minute defeats in the second half of the game because I am not solid on defense as I would like to be right now. I Don't feel cheated just feels like I am not doing enough to help me get the W.

I can tell I am getting better with every game, can the consensus be that this is the most stat based FIFA ever? Really fun game so many little touches of brilliance on the field of play. Hope nothing changes with the core gameplay.
Is it really this good? I'm without a PES game for the first time.

Also (anyone) how's slow speed? It's the only way I play. Is it as good as always?

Slow is slower but in some games it feels normal.

My biggest gripe is the AI constantly pressing its pass button. Not much dribbling.
I need to play again as to be fair I’ve not played hardlybany games due to a busy weeekend. I turned it on last night and didn’t enjoy it at all. But I did Friday.

Guys help me out please. For some reason I cannot adjust the camera height or zoom no matter what camera type I choose. Is this a bug?

Back
Top Bottom