Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Thanks Goalgerd for the stadium assignment list just another thing for me to OCD about. Just finished Serie A doing French League now. What was the thought process behind your selections. Eye ball test and living in Europe or something else?

i went through every real stadium and matched up the most realistic generic one using a stadium channel on youtube

Ty my brother based off your old Evo6 work I have always had a lil man crush on your dedication to the finer details. Sevilla is ready for a CM run now will get to the lower divisions of Engerland and Germany later this week. ready to dig in now game is a lot harder with my settings this year have to focus some more on the bits and bobs of my attack. Ty and continue to tinker and have fun with your game!!!

Ty my brother based off your old Evo6 work I have always had a lil man crush on your dedication to the finer details. Sevilla is ready for a CM run now will get to the lower divisions of Engerland and Germany later this week. ready to dig in now game is a lot harder with my settings this year have to focus some more on the bits and bobs of my attack. Ty and continue to tinker and have fun with your game!!!

cheers man

So just about ready to go but playing the match whilst the game was installing worried me. it was very slow, players don't seem to have pace but the most worrying thing is the movement of players they don't look fluid, they look lanky and awkward.

ARgh, I'm having this terrible frame rate issue with the game tonight. Makes it unplayable. It will suddenley just go super slow and stuttery, then smooth for a few seconds, and back to stuttering. Fucking hell. Anyone else experienced this? I suspect it's related to the PS4, but not getting the issue in any other games. :(

Edit - TV was the culprit. Went into some weird "gaming mode" or some shit.

Last edited:
So, found a Career Mode bug:

Don't try to sub a player if you've used all three subs (I thought I had one left) - I can exit the bloody menu with the back button now. Had just equalized in the 88th minute as well, fuck.

So, found a Career Mode bug:

Don't try to sub a player if you've used all three subs (I thought I had one left) - I can exit the bloody menu with the back button now. Had just equalized in the 88th minute as well, fuck.

Weird I've definitely tried to do that and got the message I've used all my subs on PC.

Are you using sliders or playing at default? I'm playing at default on Ultimate and I've scored twice as many goals as anyone else in the league. The single UCL match I played was tough but the league has been a breeze.

Also, it was a bit of a challenge at first but once I got on good form it's been way too easy. At the same time I find Legendary difficulty in FUT challenging and Ultimate in FUT ridiculous.
Not using any sliders. CPU has punished any mistake I make.

Saying that, I am only a few games in but hopefully it stays tough for me. Everyone on Reddit also saying it's hard this year and they are halfway through their seasons. You must be extremely good!

I might have a different game than the rest of you. I picked the worst team I can find to play against Chelsea and the match itself was pretty easy. This is in Legendary using @Matt10's sliders. I can see the team style but player individuality doesn't really stand out that well.

At 12:20, you can see how one of my slower center back easily catching up with Hazard and tugging him off the ball. In real life, you would rarely see such an occurrence.

Also I don't even know how to explain 13:52. It's either scripting or pure out of luck. Either way, in real life, Luiz would never let that happen either.

Anyone know to roll the ball out with your keeper? Every time I press x he does a high over arm throw. It looks ridiculous when the receiver is stood close to him and its slows down any counter attack. Any ideas?

I kind of understand what Topaz is saying.
Like... FIFA doesn't seem to have a system designed for contextual dribbling, without the use of the right stick.
You can't zigzag through rivals, no matter how bad they are and how good your player is supposed to be.
Which is something I mentioned in my first post regarding FIFA 19 (the Honeymoon post) when I said I wish they'd do something more for the momentum and inertia when dribbling, which is something FIFA 16 used to have. You didn't even have to use the sprint button, let alone the right stick. If you timed your moves right with a skilled player, there would be an animation that allowed you to skin a defender.

While I don't disagree that there could and should be more contextual animations, you're conflating a perceived lack of LS animations with the game having lackluster inertia and momentum. They're not one and the same. You might not be able to witness it under the same exact conditions as FIFA 16 or any other football game, but it is there.

My initial disagreement also stemmed from the fact that he was claiming dribbling is essentially useless/impossible without the use of RS skill moves regardless of the player and opponent in question. Clearly that's not the case or the video below wouldn't be possible.

Sorry for the lack of editing on this one, but I threw this together from a couple of matches just to showcase the inertia and momentum.

Hell, at around 1:00, I turned the defender to the point where he collides with his own teammate (LS and nothing else) and is sent tumbling down to the ground. I probably should have passed it, but he inadvertently blocked my shot because he fell! Nice bit of randomness. 1:35 looks like a ball roll, but it's me moving the LS.

Again, could the animations be more varied in regards to LS dribbling and dribbling in general? Yes. Could it look prettier/more realistic in terms of how the players move and react? Of course. Be that as it may, the fact remains that there is very noticeable inertia and momentum in FIFA 19.

Last edited:
I kind of understand what Topaz is saying.
Like... FIFA doesn't seem to have a system designed for contextual dribbling, without the use of the right stick.
You can't zigzag through rivals, no matter how bad they are and how good your player is supposed to be.
Which is something I mentioned in my first post regarding FIFA 19 (the Honeymoon post) when I said I wish they'd do something more for the momentum and inertia when dribbling, which is something FIFA 16 used to have. You didn't even have to use the sprint button, let alone the right stick. If you timed your moves right with a skilled player, there would be an animation that allowed you to skin a defender.

Like this:

See how it looks more organic when trying to get past a defender? Just using the left stick, and sometimes a little of the sprint button. Because there were contextual animations for that. Which now seem gone (since FIFA 17).

Another one (this one is not mine) - Skip to 2:10

I'm fine with it though because the rest in FIFA 19 is so so good.

I just recently played FIFA 16 and Hazard actually plays like Hazard. FIFA 16 had the best dribbling any footie game could come up with honestly. It felt natural, contextual and player individuality showed up a lot. You didn't had to spam right stick skill moves and you could use left stick to time moves and it took account of dribbling stats. FIFA 19 is still a fun game and better than FIFA 18 but the dribbling is not as rewarding as FIFA 16.

Hazard dribbling in FIFA 16:

While I don't disagree that there could and should be more contextual animations, you're conflating a perceived lack of LS animations with the game having lackluster inertia and momentum. They're not one and the same. You might not be able to witness it under the same exact conditions as FIFA 16 or any other football game, but it is there.

My initial disagreement also stemmed from the fact that he was claiming dribbling is essentially useless/impossible without the use of RS skill moves regardless of the player and opponent in question. Clearly that's not the case or the video below wouldn't be possible.

Sorry for the lack of editing on this one, but I threw this together from a couple of matches just to showcase the inertia and momentum.

Hell, at around 1:00, I turned the defender to the point where he collides with his own teammate (LS and nothing else) and is sent tumbling down to the ground. I probably should have passed it, but he inadvertently blocked my shot because he fell! Nice bit of randomness. 1:35 looks like a ball roll, but it's me moving the LS.

Again, could the animations be more varied in regards to LS dribbling and dribbling in general? Yes. Could it look prettier/more realistic in terms of how the players move and react? Of course. Be that as it may, the fact remains that there is very noticeable inertia and momentum in FIFA 19.

Are you using default sliders and Legendary? My problem with LS dribbling is that after I take a touch, the momentum and the inertia resets 60% of the time, without taking account of the stats. Looking at the video, it seems you are good at avoiding the inertia/momentum reset when taking the touch during dribbling. Most of the time I dribble and my player takes a touch, their momentum velocity goes from 15 mph to 1 mph and then the CPU can easily shield the ball away from me.

Are you using default sliders and Legendary? My problem with LS dribbling is that after I take a touch, the momentum and the inertia resets 60% of the time, without taking account of the stats. Looking at the video, it seems you are good at avoiding the inertia/momentum reset when taking the touch during dribbling. Most of the time I dribble and my player takes a touch, their momentum velocity goes from 15 mph to 1 mph and then the CPU can easily shield the ball away from me.

Cheers. I'm using Matt10's first set of sliders and the only thing I've modified from that are the keepers and pass speed. Legendary difficulty as well. I achieved similar feats in the demo with no sliders. Now, I'm not saying that there aren't times where the defender will dispossess you and it feels cheap. That most certainly happens. Sometimes they seem to magnetize to you in a way that feels completely unnatural, but generally speaking it feels pretty good to me. I wish I could offer more useful insight as to how I approach dribbling, but a lot of it is by feel.

So I finally got around to playing the full game last night. I was pretty disappointed. Played 4 games, just exhibition and it seemed fast and like much like 18, which I really didn't like. Turned it off a bit gutted. I thought today at work, surely it hasn't changed that much from the demo and I was absolutely knackered from work last night so wasn't fully engaged. So I put it on again tonight and decided to play a champions league to see if it was any different. Got hammered 3-0 off Lyon at home and it felt like the previous night. Played Hoffenheim away and although it was a 1-1 draw, still felt a little fast and ping pong. Against Shaktar away, I decided to slow it down and play it like I play Pro. What a beautiful game :). Won my remaining games in the group and decided to post. Absolutely loving it now. When you play slow and pick out passes, dribble and sprint at the right time, its amazing. Also realized I was winning more and finding it easier to dominate the game, so if anyone is struggling, I would suggest allowing yourself little more time on the ball and let a team mate make their run. Prob play a career on default and revert to sliders and semi assisted after that. Prefer to try and play like others suggested in the 3rd division and hope its like master league in the good times.

I just recently played FIFA 16 and Hazard actually plays like Hazard. FIFA 16 had the best dribbling any footie game could come up with honestly. It felt natural, contextual and player individuality showed up a lot. You didn't had to spam right stick skill moves and you could use left stick to time moves and it took account of dribbling stats. FIFA 19 is still a fun game and better than FIFA 18 but the dribbling is not as rewarding as FIFA 16.

Hazard dribbling in FIFA 16:

Just to also bring a point about FIFA 16. We spent pages upon pages of sliders in trying to achieve overcoming BURSTING, where you can simply cut out to in through the entire defense. That video is a good example of bursting. A lot of give up animation from the defending players, some just start jogging near Hazard, then some just shuffle near him, each time they are beat. In FIFA 19, there is still a sense of give up by the AI, but not to the point in which you can easily burst like you could in FIFA 16. It is a primary reason why in FIFA 16 we had to use a 52 Sprint and 48 acceleration combination. The higher sprint allowed better reactions by defenders, and the lower acceleration made sure the user could not just speed through them from tight positions so easily.

Detailed documentation from our FIFA 16 sliders thread:

https://forums.operationsports.com/...ders/855682-fifa-16-os-community-sliders.html

Raw datasheet:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1unFGHzdBcpdQWtkfsgo7eonMFU2oMMUu6aKRGySEQXk/pub

Just to also bring a point about FIFA 16. We spent pages upon pages of sliders in trying to achieve overcoming BURSTING, where you can simply cut out to in through the entire defense. That video is a good example of bursting. A lot of give up animation from the defending players, some just start jogging near Hazard, then some just shuffle near him, each time they are beat. In FIFA 19, there is still a sense of give up by the AI, but not to the point in which you can easily burst like you could in FIFA 16. It is a primary reason why in FIFA 16 we had to use a 52 Sprint and 48 acceleration combination. The higher sprint allowed better reactions by defenders, and the lower acceleration made sure the user could not just speed through them from tight positions so easily.

Detailed documentation from our FIFA 16 sliders thread:

https://forums.operationsports.com/...ders/855682-fifa-16-os-community-sliders.html

Raw datasheet:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1unFGHzdBcpdQWtkfsgo7eonMFU2oMMUu6aKRGySEQXk/pub

Strangely if it was another player that was dribbling in FIFA 16, the CPU(based on defending stats) would be more tighter and riskier with their tackles and close down aggressively. However when I control player like Messi, Neymar or Hazard, it feels like the defenders are aware at their skills and just close the space instead of lunging in and closing down constantly. I loved the personality in FIFA 16.

You got some nice moves there mate.
And I'm not gonna lie, you've got skills that I don't have (yet).

Still, FIFA 16 dribbling felt better. More resourceful and easier.

Back
Top Bottom