Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
I have to say, the atmospheres and how the crowd reacts to things happening on the pitch is a thing of beauty this year. It's been very stale on this front for years, but this year its excellent. If you're the home team and get pressured, misplace passes etc the home crowd will get on your back, and vice versa if you have a sustained period of pressure. Love it.

I played PES last night after playing Fifa since Tuesday and you can really tell how bad the atmosphere is in PES.It is actually unbelievable that Konami keep PES this way.Match day atmosphere goes a long way,Fifa is so immersive in this way..Its not all about gameplay

Thanks Goalgerd for the stadium assignment list just another thing for me to OCD about. Just finished Serie A doing French League now. What was the thought process behind your selections. Eye ball test and living in Europe or something else?

guys, why we can t pan the goalkeeper view around to make a pass to a player on the side when it is goal kick, no left and either right stick would move the keeper.... any fix?

Yea, not a huge deal but I prefer it the old way where you could pan the keeper. Not a big fan of the behind the player perspectives for certain situations like goal kicks, free kicks, penalties and corners, to begin with. Much prefer to take them all using the normal camera view. But if I'm forced to be behind the player I'd like to be able to pan.

Actually looking forward to a patch. My game is a bit buggy particularly when it comes to saving my controller settings and trying to play kick off matches using the new kick off mode side selection thingy.

Really wished EA made new generic stadiums. It feels just like old FIFA’s... everything is the same. I am really forced to play EPL or La Liga in CM. So I picked Valancia. I am looking for a talented right and left back. Any suggestions?

I honestly don't mean to keep singling you out, but your statements come across as if minimalistic dribbling is categorically impossible when it most certainly is not. I feel confident in making such a claim based on dozens upon dozens of hours with the full game (and the demo without sliders) coupled with my own gameplay videos. You don't need a vast array of overly complex skill moves to beat opposition defenders.

PC
This is all from one match in kickoff (Champions League)
Legendary
8 minute halves
Slow
Matt10's first set of sliders that have been slightly modified
Everything except shooting is manual:SAL:

The only RS "skill move" I used besides RS flicks was the la croqueta. Other than that, same ol' stuff that I've been bleating on about.

More to the point, no one can tell me with a straight face that every player in the game feels like Messi (or that Messi is helpless against defenders) because it's just not true. This notion that there's zero distinction between top dribblers and average/poor ones is ridiculous.

I kind of understand what Topaz is saying.
Like... FIFA doesn't seem to have a system designed for contextual dribbling, without the use of the right stick.
You can't zigzag through rivals, no matter how bad they are and how good your player is supposed to be.
Which is something I mentioned in my first post regarding FIFA 19 (the Honeymoon post) when I said I wish they'd do something more for the momentum and inertia when dribbling, which is something FIFA 16 used to have. You didn't even have to use the sprint button, let alone the right stick. If you timed your moves right with a skilled player, there would be an animation that allowed you to skin a defender.

Like this:

See how it looks more organic when trying to get past a defender? Just using the left stick, and sometimes a little of the sprint button. Because there were contextual animations for that. Which now seem gone (since FIFA 17).

Another one (this one is not mine) - Skip to 2:10

I'm fine with it though because the rest in FIFA 19 is so so good.

Last edited:
Thanks Goalgerd for the stadium assignment list just another thing for me to OCD about. Just finished Serie A doing French League now. What was the thought process behind your selections. Eye ball test and living in Europe or something else?

Could you send me that list please?

Oh my God.

Eurogamer: FIFA 19 discloses pack odds and the true horror of FUT is laid bare

So if you play Ultimate Team and buy a "Ones to Watch" pack, your odds of getting a "One to Watch" player are...

"Less than 1%" - which could well be as low as 0.01%.

That is absolutely disgusting. Especially when they're preying on children who throw money at it.

No wonder people spend £1,000s - if I bought a pack labelled as something, and I didn't get one of the players that the label describes, I'd keep buying until I got it (if I had the mindset for it).

I can't get over that.

Oh my God.

So if you play Ultimate Team and buy a "Ones to Watch" pack, your odds of getting a "One to Watch" player are...

That is absolutely disgusting. Especially when they're preying on children who throw their parents money at it.

No wonder people spend £1,000s - if I bought a pack labelled as something, and I didn't get one of the players that the label describes, I'd keep buying until I got it (if I had the mindset for it).

I can't get over that.
ftfy! ;)
But yeah. Disgusting. I’m still in hope of this newly started campaign against gambling and loot boxes in video games.

Yea, not a huge deal but I prefer it the old way where you could pan the keeper. Not a big fan of the behind the player perspectives for certain situations like goal kicks, free kicks, penalties and corners, to begin with. Much prefer to take them all using the normal camera view. But if I'm forced to be behind the player I'd like to be able to pan.

Actually looking forward to a patch. My game is a bit buggy particularly when it comes to saving my controller settings and trying to play kick off matches using the new kick off mode side selection thingy.

I have the first couple of hour same issue. I solved the problem when i log in my kick off name with my psn log. Then on the main screen in this new mode you had to push triangle for controller setup. When i set it on that way the game saved it for all following matches.

Read an article about three months back about a dude in the UK who spent 15k on UT just for FIFA 17 alone. Fudge me...... You hear some crazy stories about the micro transaction biz but that article really helped me wrap my head around the haves and the have nots as far as gaming is concerned . I would love to have 15k to burn like that. Can not hate at all. Still disturbing that someone would wayste money like that on a virtual game. If you got it or not, I guess it's just paper at the end of the day.

Read an article about three months back about a dude in the UK who spent 15k on UT just for FIFA 17 alone. Fudge me...... You hear some crazy stories about the micro transaction biz but that article really helped me wrap my head around the haves and the have nots as far as gaming is concerned . I would love to have 15k to burn like that. Can not hate at all. Still disturbing that someone would wayste money like that on a virtual game. If you got it or not, I guess it's just paper at the end of the day.

yup. you got brains. he don't.

Thanks for the brains comment Alx. With that being said fuc it let me be dumb if it means I am part of the privilege few that get to blow 15k on a 60 dollar game.

Real Talk!!!!!

Oh my God.

That is absolutely disgusting. Especially when they're preying on children who throw money at it.

I can't get over that.

I think we have to accept this option of spins and pack luck as gamers - it seems like this will be here to stay - and why not as it is OPTIONAL.

What is worrying is what you mentioned about the exposure of this gambling mode to young minds who have no concept of the value of £1 vs £100.

I doubt we do anything about this - parents will buy FIFA and consoles at Christmas and so it begins. And parents themselves will be hooked so that the kids think that sitting in front of a video game is what growing up's all about.

Should have been nipped in the bud years ago and these games should be 16+ not 3+ [or at last the FUT section should be]

Last edited:
Started my Career Mode. First game was an absolute thriller against Hull City. They went 2-0 up. I came back 2-2 before Half Time. Then I scored a 3rd in second half, I'm literally fist pumping. Then Hull equalise.

Then on 92nd minute, Hull score the winner. I could have cried.

BTW, Ultimate Difficulty is crazy. It's not easy at all, don't know what the hell some are on about?!

Started my Career Mode. First game was an absolute thriller against Hull City. They went 2-0 up. I came back 2-2 before Half Time. Then I scored a 3rd in second half, I'm literally fist pumping. Then Hull equalise.

BTW, Ultimate Difficulty is crazy. It's not easy at all, don't know what the hell some are on about?!

I'm gonna start one but not sure whether to use sliders or not. I use manual controls so think I should up the CPU passing error.

Are you using sliders?

I'm gonna start one but not sure whether to use sliders or not. I use manual controls so think I should up the CPU passing error.

Are you using sliders?
There are two reasons, why I am actually not using sliders: 1. I am also an online player, so I don’t want to play two different games. 2. This game is very nice out of the box. I have fun offline and want to give me enough time playing without sliders, instead of starting directly with them.

I think we have to accept this option of spins and pack luck as gamers - it seems like this will be here to stay - and why not as it is OPTIONAL.

What is worrying is what you mentioned about the exposure of this gambling mode to young minds who have no concept of the value of £1 vs £100.

I doubt we do anything about this - parents will buy FIFA and consoles at Christmas and so it begins. And parents themselves will be hooked so that the kids think that sitting in front of a video game is what growing up's all about.

Should have been nipped in the bud years ago and these games should be 16+ not 3+ [or at last the FUT section should be]
Couldn't agree more; it's gambling, plain and simple.

Unfortunately I can confirm what others already reported. The time of day setting in Kick Off mode is completely broken. It doesn't matter if you set the time to 2:00 pm or 6:30 pm in summer, the sun is always in the same position. If you set the time to dusk or later, it's suddenly dark.

Funnily enough, in career mode it seems to work fine. The shadows even grow a bit longer from week to week in autumn.

They need to fix this in the first patch or I'll be really pissed off.

Last edited:

Are you using sliders or playing at default? I'm playing at default on Ultimate and I've scored twice as many goals as anyone else in the league. The single UCL match I played was tough but the league has been a breeze.

Also, it was a bit of a challenge at first but once I got on good form it's been way too easy. At the same time I find Legendary difficulty in FUT challenging and Ultimate in FUT ridiculous.

Yo Gerd for Spanish 2 division Stadium the team Nastic what is your assignment I am stuck. Ty in advance.

I will just eye ball it my OCD is in full rage now. Second day after release and I have French German Spanish and almost Spanish 2 division done. Getting ready to kick Career Mode ass. Thanks

Unfortunately I can confirm what others already reported. The time of day setting in Kick Off mode is completely broken. It doesn't matter if you set the time to 2:00 pm or 6:30 pm in summer, the sun is always in the same position. If you set the time to dusk or later, it's suddenly dark.

Funnily enough, in career mode it seems to work fine. The shadows even grow a bit longer from week to week in autumn.

They need to fix this in the first patch or I'll be really pissed off.
Broken's a bit much, don't you think?

Played my first few games and first impressions are great, already had 2 legit penalties!

Played with Milan which was ok, Higuain was great and scored 2 goals, midfield was terrible. It's pretty disgraceful that EA can't be bothered with Serie A faces. Even Higuain has a generic face. Higuain! FFS. Frustrating cause it's just laziness. For Sassuolo boateng was the clear standout player.

Then played a survival match with Tottenham against Liverpool and that was nothing short of amazing. Liverpool were lethal on the wings, Salah was a devil I just couldn't control and after outskilling some of my players he assisted Liverpool's first goal and scored their second one themselves. Immediately after scoring LVP went into total shutdown to defend their lead. Whenever I equalized they went for it again and I was lucky that Wijnaldum missed a volley in the 88th minute. Shortly afterwards this happened:

Made me jump from the sofa with a balled fist :D

Played my first few games and first impressions are great, already had 2 legit penalties!

Played with Milan which was ok, Higuain was great and scored 2 goals, midfield was terrible. It's pretty disgraceful that EA can't be bothered with Serie A faces. Even Higuain has a generic face. Higuain! FFS. Frustrating cause it's just laziness. For Sassuolo boateng was the clear standout player.

Higuain has a proper face, but your point still stands. The lack of Bundesliga and Serie A faces is criminal!
Screenshot_9.png

Yo Gerd for Spanish 2 division Stadium the team Nastic what is your assignment I am stuck. Ty in advance.

I will just eye ball it my OCD is in full rage now. Second day after release and I have French German Spanish and almost Spanish 2 division done. Getting ready to kick Career Mode ass. Thanks

google it ;) , its Gimnastic on my list

Back
Top Bottom