Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Yeah, that's one thing that always makes me laugh. I swear I've scored about 3 goals in three years of The Journey yet he's some world star :LOL:

skysports-alvaro-morata-chelsea_4379792.jpg

Reactions: mjp
And 5 hours later i finally turn the PS4 off.

Wow! What a game!

It took me a while to work out the best difficulty for me. To begin with I was on Professional using semi assisted and i gradually got better so i changed to full manual, but once again i was improving so i decided to notch it up to World Class. Now I have found my sweet spot.

Please anyone that is finding the game too easy give full manual a go. I know there is a lot of debate on whether stats work or not on full manual but they do they sure do. The individuality in this game is the best I have seen in a footy game.

Just a couple of clips from today.

Catch me if you can... (no catch up bug in this unless of course you do this)

The best save i have seen in a footy game...

I cannot wait to start a Career!
Up your power bar to 60! ;) helped me a lot.
Wish the little menus to change offensive/defensive settings on the fly would remain on the screen a few seconds longer. Bloody things keep disappearing before I can find and select the one I'm looking for.
Right. But I’m glad it’s there.
Like the tactics stuff they „reinvented“!
@Topaz might be worth posting that in the PC thread. ;)
Might be worth applying sliders from goalgerd or matt! :)
Wait a minute. So you're hearing the ball being kicked during matches? If so, what system are you playing on?
I found my Samsung external stereo speaker „eating“ some sound effects.
Switched to Samsung tv internal speaker! It’s the same in other games. Some sound setups corrupt the source material.
And yes. I hear plenty of ball sound. Headers. Cross bars. Add boards. Everything.
Try to find new audio solutions guys!! :)

Anyway... go on Bayern!! Down 2 is tough... :(

Last edited:
Is it me or the cpu is really way more difficult (boosted?) in CM compared to exhibition? I know this doesn't sound like a scoop but I see teams like Sporting or Anderlecht reaching 88, 89% pass completion in CM game while teams like Inter or Toulouse (I know much lower side) only reach 80 and 75 respectively on exhibition games.

Also it seems I can't win a ball on CK inside my box.

Last edited:
Speaking of commentary... Don't know how I did it, maybe it had something to do with me messing with different commentary languages, but played a match for the german domestic cup and I was suddenly getting commentary from Clive Tyldesley. What the hell is going on? Is this a thing in fifa 19? It was... kind of awesome.

Wait a minute. So you're hearing the ball being kicked during matches? If so, what system are you playing on?
Xbox One X. Sound of the ball is quite loud I promise :) Like I said, I turn it down it annoys me but each to their own.

Is it me or the cpu is really way more difficult (boosted?) in CM compared to exhibition? I know this doesn't sound like a scoop but I see teams like Sporting or Anderlecht reaching 88, 89% pass completion in CM game while teams like Inter or Toulouse (I know much lowe side) only reach 80 and 75 respectively.

Also it seems I can't win a ball on CK inside my box.

Its so strange this year...some saying Ultimate is too easy in Career, others saying it's very hard.

I am watching MGH's Career Mode on YouTube and he's playing on Ultimate and struggling.

edit: God damn did you just see that Sheffield Wednesday goal v Leeds @Placebo ?!?!?!?

Its so strange this year...some saying Ultimate is too easy in Career, others saying it's very hard.

I am watching MGH's Career Mode on YouTube and he's playing on Ultimate and struggling.

To be fair I am playing the game in a very masochist way, using the pro camera and full manual. I usually play on legendary difficulty but I had to drop down to world class. I am still conceding a lot of shots and of course some goals too. On the other hand I have hard time scoring or even creating good chances. Something that bug me a little with manual with this game is I can send long high passes (changing wing) with a inch perfect accuracy without really considering which player I am controlling or what foot I am using, but short low pass are quite hard to string together. I had to increase my power bar to 65, but it still feels like I have to press for ever for a short pass while I need just a brief press to send a long ball. It doesn't feel natural to me (it was quite similar in 18 already but I think to a lesser extant).

Other than that, and the ball physics on ground passes, the game really feels very good.

Ah, have you seen the cpu tacking long shots which are not first time shots? I still have to see that.

To be fair I am playing the game in a very masochist way, using the pro camera and full manual. I usually play on legendary difficulty but I had to drop down to world class. I am still conceding a lot of shots and of course some goals too. Something that bug me a little with manual with this game is I can send long high passes (changing wing) with a inch perfect accuracy without really considering which player I am controlling or what foot I am using, but short low pass are quite hard to string together. I had to increase my power bar to 65, but it still feels like I have to press for ever for a short pass while I need just a brief press to send a long ball. It doesn't feel natural to me (it was quite similar in 18 already but I think to a lesser extant).

Other than that, and the ball physics on ground passes, the game really feels very good.

Ah, have you seen the cpu tacking long shots which are not first time shots? I still have to see that.

Come to think of it, no I havent! But the CPU has scored many different type of goals against me.

It is hard to believe that Fifa is offering far greater team/player individuality, and more variation in it's game play than the other franchise. Well done EA. Some customers are not happy though, according to the amazon reviews that they are leaving.

It is hard to believe that Fifa is offering far greater team/player individuality, and more variation in it's game play than the other franchise. Well done EA. Some customers are not happy though, according to the amazon reviews that they are leaving.

I can’t understand all the negativity. I just went on amazon and left a five star review.

Speaking of commentary... Don't know how I did it, maybe it had something to do with me messing with different commentary languages, but played a match for the german domestic cup and I was suddenly getting commentary from Clive Tyldesley. What the hell is going on? Is this a thing in fifa 19? It was... kind of awesome.

Has it happened again .Please can u check in settings if there an area to download content like other languages

Anyone had any issues with the new Kick Off name, thing. Keeps giving me an error message, "Unable to retrieve your Kick Off names data. Please try again." when I try to select a side?

Just want to say thanks to @Chris Davies and @goalgerd for honest opinion. Decided to buy the game and I don't regret at all. Can't stop playing it! I modified sliders a little, put all manual, proffesional difficulty and find the game very different from the demo. Just two things bother me, ball physics and first time shooting but all this fall behind when you actually see this, speechless really...
watch it till the end :)

Just want to say thanks to @Chris Davies and @goalgerd for honest opinion. Decided to buy the game and I don't regret at all. Can't stop playing it! I modified sliders a little, put all manual, proffesional difficulty and find the game very different from the demo. Just two things bother me, ball physics and first time shooting but all this fall behind when you actually see this, speechless really...

As the TTB said; the chicken ain’t lying! :D
Love to see fuma gameplay!
You are pretty straight forward right? I do play more slowly build up.

There seems to be a major bug in this game, at 0:15 the goalkeeper left their 6 yard box. Konami must be laughing when they see such unrealistic nonsense in their competitor's game.

I there a setting anywhere for man marking? Not the generic slider setting, but a tactical setting where you can specify individual players to man mark during a match?

Guys i like what i play, but i cant get a grip the player switching. What are your setting controls? And how are your set ups for defending?

Another question? How do you set up the hdr setting? Play it on ps4 pro lg oled.

Thanks guys

As the TTB said; the chicken ain’t lying! :D
Love to see fuma gameplay!
You are pretty straight forward right? I do play more slowly build up.
With Levante against Barcelona is very difficult to play possesion football, even Suarez, Dembele and Messi press hard when my CB recieve the ball. Bardhi is very skillfull player and he can pull very good long balls and shots like in real life :) I like the game so far! btw increasing powerbar slider around 60-65 helps with ball movement a bit. Probably patch is on the way becouse button configuration can't be saved. I hope they don't touch the gameplay...

I will counter my own complaining about the lack of challenge in CM by saying Squad Battles in FUT is tough as all hell. I won my first game on Legendary pretty easily but it was against a rather poor team. Made the dumb mistake of bumping it up to Ultimate and got annihilated 6-1.

Because the game is so good at default this year, squad battles might be a fun alternative to CM. Just don't fuck around with Ultimate unless you have an elite team.

Squad Battles was ridiculous last year as well in terms of Ultimate difficulty. I finished Elite 1 every week (the weeks I went hard), but I only attempted Ultimate twice. Even a team that's 60 rated with 27 chemistry will play in a way I've never seen the CPU play (and not in a good way). They just boost all the stats to 99 if I'm not mistaken.

Squad Battles was ridiculous last year as well in terms of Ultimate difficulty. I finished Elite 1 every week (the weeks I went hard), but I only attempted Ultimate twice. Even a team that's 60 rated with 27 chemistry will play in a way I've never seen the CPU play (and not in a good way). They just boost all the stats to 99 if I'm not mistaken.

Yeah, same for me too. Can't remember which Elite level I finished in but I'd only play Legendary. But even then Legendary in Squad Battles felt worse than it does this year, although I've not played all that much and maybe it'll get worse when it's tougher teams you're playing against.

But I've had some excellent SB matches in Legendary so far - some of the best games so far with FIFA 19 - whereas last year it felt more stressful and sweaty.

I've also come around on the new timed finishing mechanic - I think it's pretty awesome (at least in single player). I absolutely love some of the ridiculous scuffed shots I've had, whereas I've now won two matches in which it came down to a timed finish in the last few minutes and nothing had ever felt better.

IMO some of the best shots in terms of the physics and animation come with either scuffed shots or when you successfully time it right. Love it.

A question about the new tactics. I can set them up before a game, chose formation etc for let's say ultra defensive. But when I go ultra defensive during a match I can't seem to change the players around in that formation. When I pause it still shows my default tactics formation. Is it supposed to be like this?

A question about the new tactics. I can set them up before a game, chose formation etc for let's say ultra defensive. But when I go ultra defensive during a match I can't seem to change the players around in that formation. When I pause it still shows my default tactics formation. Is it supposed to be like this?

Heh heh i have got the same problem. It took me about 20 mins to sort out formation and tactics and i don’t really know how to immplement. I think i’m just a bit tired. In the end i thought damn it and just kicked off.

Back
Top Bottom