Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
I'll be really honest, I felt pretty stupid when watching a CL game really closely (not just observing player ability like I would normally but actual physics and how often you see players crumpling into each-other and balls deflecting and flying off at random). Because, I mean, it's pretty damn close to being super-realistic.

Fair enough, not every pitch (or ball) is a Champions League one. But with that being their focus, I get it (also, pitches degrade throughout a season in Career Mode and I'm eager to see if this affects bobbling).

I actually think the ball looks very realistic as the blue and silver make the real CL ball look like a marble and EA have replicated that very well. So when people say it looks like a marble they are correct because it does when watching CL games on the TV.
However, what Im not seeing on TV is players skating into positions to get the ball. But then again I would imagine its very hard to replicate a player just not being able to get to the ball and letting it go in a video game as everyone would say the game isnt responsive enough.

It is. You can play online friendlies and online friendly seasons, too - you can even set the game speed to slow against friends, online.

You can play a season with filters too, if you want to only play semi/manual players. Not that I find anyone on there most times, but it's a lovely feature.

Thanks for the reply Chris.
I was thinking more along the lines of inviting / getting invited by people on your friends list.
Not sure if that is possible, but would be nice to add some likeminded people to play them online.

As said before I never play online, but i'd give it a go if i knew i was playing somebody that just want to play a nice game of football.

I was thinking more along the lines of inviting / getting invited by people on your friends list.
Not sure if that is possible
That is possible, mate. As I said, you can even engage in a "season" with a friend - just the two of you, together, playing five games to see who finishes top of your two-team table.

@Chris Davies how is your career doing? Are you finding it easy on Prof or not?
With the slider set and settings I posted in the sliders thread, I'm not finding it too easy or too hard - it's a lovely balance, for me (Professional difficulty, semi passing).

I played Stoke in the cup last night and after they took the lead, I got it back to 1-1 and thought to myself "uh-oh, this is too easy".

Then I remembered they were fielding their youth team. What made me remember? They brought on Joe Allen, Afobe and Berahino and immediately scored two goals, which put me in my place.

I scored a horribly deflected shot in the 90th minute to make it 3-2, so if you were looking at the score you'd say "maybe you should have lost by more", but watching the difference in quality, it was realistic.

I'm 10th in the league after 10 games, which isn't a million miles away from real life either.

However, my last action before bed last night was to sign two free transfers, Osvaldo Ruisalvo (LM) and Dean Furman (CM) - both of who are about 7-8 points above my squads average OVR score. I'm hoping that doesn't spoil it, but I couldn't resist, and they didn't break the bank in terms of their wages.

Turns out a lot of people sign free agents...

Last edited:
Not sure if that is possible, but would be nice to add some likeminded people to play them online.

As said before I never play online, but i'd give it a go if i knew i was playing somebody that just want to play a nice game of football.

As Chris says, you can play 1v1 online matches against friends. You can set the match length, gamespeed, and control settings (assist/semi/manual) also. This is how I play most of my manual matches because it can be difficult to rely on regular Online Seasons matchmaking.

I really wish EA would expand on this section of the game to basically become a server browser, so people could set up games exactly how they want (say have 1v2, 4v3, & 4v4 matches etc. Or 4v4 with 3 users only controlling 1 player like in Pro Clubs and the last 1 player being the ANY. Or Disable fouls, offsides, enable handballs, etc EVERYTHING as an option!).

Right now it's only 1v1 matches. You can't even setup friendly co-op matches :(

Last edited:
Played three matches since my mini rant a couple of pages back, all very realistic and Engaging. All default sliders, semi and manual everything, professional. Playing as spurs, 1-1 vs Barca, 5-0 vs tranmere, 2-0 vs Bournemouth. Except for tranmere, the cpu had quite a few good chances, especially barca who outshot me. Got a late equalizer against them.

Noticed this the other day and thought it was interesting/odd:

43047865_2262130284017114_4811819833584779264_n.png
"updates on injuries and tactical changes during a match", was it described the same way in Fifa18? I've not heard any updates on tactical changes from the sideline commentator which is a shame because it would add so much and would help me know when the CPU has made a tactical change during a match!

I’m sure they say “And a happy birthday to Adam today who is 21!” Or was I dreaming it?

And something about “Will the owner of the car with registration .... please contact your nearest steward.”

I’m sure they say “And a happy birthday to Adam today who is 21!” Or was I dreaming it?

And something about “Will the owner of the car with registration .... please contact your nearest steward.”
Stuff like that is great at first but I always think, if you're not going to record 10+ varieties of each thing, the player is going to start repeating them off by heart after the first few times and it has the opposite effect to being immersive.

Stuff like that is great at first but I always think, if you're not going to record 10+ varieties of each thing, the player is going to start repeating them off by heart after the first few times and it has the opposite effect to being immersive.
Agree

I already hate the guy waving the team flags. He is everywhere and supports all teams in the game. :)

Said it before but what both games need to do is programme the home crowd to start leaving when the home team are losing by a 2 or 3 goal margin with 10 minutes to go.

I already hate the guy waving the team flags. He is everywhere and supports all teams in the game. :)
There's a bug where occasionally they hold the wrong team's flag - I had an absolute cracker (wish I'd taken a screenshot) where the guy was holding a giant linesman's flag.

I imagined he was just an ordinary guy who REALLY fucking loves offsides and spends every match screaming "OFFFFFFSIIIIIIIIDE" - with his own chants.

"Que sera sera, whatever will be will be, OFFFFSSSSIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEE" etc.

EDIT: @Placebo found a screenshot of it:

ep4b5owostp11.jpg

Last edited:
That is possible, mate. As I said, you can even engage in a "season" with a friend - just the two of you, together, playing five games to see who finishes top of your two-team table.

With the slider set and settings I posted in the sliders thread, I'm not finding it too easy or too hard - it's a lovely balance, for me (Professional difficulty, semi passing).

I played Stoke in the cup last night and after they took the lead, I got it back to 1-1 and thought to myself "uh-oh, this is too easy".

Then I remembered they were fielding their youth team. What made me remember? They brought on Joe Allen, Afobe and Berahino and immediately scored two goals, which put me in my place.

I scored a horribly deflected shot in the 90th minute to make it 3-2, so if you were looking at the score you'd say "maybe you should have lost by more", but watching the difference in quality, it was realistic.

I'm 10th in the league after 10 games, which isn't a million miles away from real life either.

However, my last action before bed last night was to sign two free transfers, Osvaldo Ruisalvo (LM) and Dean Furman (CM) - both of who are about 7-8 points above my squads average OVR score. I'm hoping that doesn't spoil it, but I couldn't resist, and they didn't break the bank in terms of their wages.

That’s good to hear. I will probably start a new Career and use your settings and see how it goes. Heh but then the new patch will come out and put a spanner in the works.

Still long for realistic attendances in stadia. Or even if I had the option to set it myself prior to the game.

A percentage scale based on Home / Away support would be ideal.
What's galling about this is that one of the board requirements is along the lines of "sell out 50% of your home games" - A) as if the manager would ever be given that as an objective, and B) I've never noticed a difference in attendance visually, or aurally (you'll play pre-season friendlies between two crap teams and somehow you've packed out a stadium in the Netherlands, creating an electric atmosphere)...

Stadium speakers have vastly improved as well. Was playing a game yesterday and the speaker mentioned something about somebody's car parked in the wrong place. Great stuff!
That one is great. I am pretty sure that one has been in the last few FIFAs. It's just appropriately very rare that it plays, like perhaps once every hundred hours.

They don't mention my top scorer at Wimbledon, tucudean, he's great, and free. Also, a right back called bakayoko or thereabouts. I've signed like 7 players on a free for Wimbledon. :)

There's a bug where occasionally they hold the wrong team's flag - I had an absolute cracker (wish I'd taken a screenshot) where the guy was holding a giant linesman's flag.

I imagined he was just an ordinary guy who REALLY fucking loves offsides and spends every match screaming "OFFFFFFSIIIIIIIIDE" - with his own chants.

"Que sera sera, whatever will be will be, OFFFFSSSSIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEE" etc.

ep4b5owostp11.jpg

Back
Top Bottom