Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
i wonder why most of people here don't understand why there is lack of fouls..... well , fifa gameplay was created for online players and when it comes to online ..most exciting online games are very dynamic . If there is a lot of fouls(stop) then game loses its dynamic . Would you like to play quake 3 arena , battlefield or counter strike when there is stop every 20 secound ? of course not. So i dont think we can expect any fouls fix ;) only hope is two modes in game - online and simulation for offline player ;)
So.... what about fifa18? Was that created for offline..?
And what about FIFA19 demo? First match i played i had 8 fouls, 2 yellows, one red for COM team and a penalty...

i played a lot in fifa 18 and i dont remember a lot of fouls , 2-3 fouls match , thats all. Demo ? havent seen any big difference when it comes to fouls .

i played a lot in fifa 18 and i dont remember a lot of fouls , 2-3 fouls match , thats all. Demo ? havent seen any big difference when it comes to fouls .
I never complaint for lack of fouls on 18. It was a nice change coming from pes18, where there was barely any fouls.

And i remember that demo match so clearly, coz i went straight to Pes thread and i said that AI in PES is just doing low crosses, wrecking my head, and when I tried one match on FiFa19 demo i had penalty and red card straight away. I was one on one with a keeper, so defender decided to terminate my player. Red card right away. It was nice and refreshing.

I dont think more aggressive AI will affect online much. After all, when online, you have HUM players fighting for the ball.
All they need to do is to tweak AI to make them more bloodthirsty.

what about online for example 2x human vs AI ? there is no option to play against AI ?
Do you really think it would ruin the experience that much?
Im not talking about changing it into Mortal Kombat. Just make it 6-8 fouls in 15/20 mins match on each side, few cards and a maybe a penalty every now and again. Its football. Its realism.

Yeah, there weren't many fouls last year either. I can't remember the last time we saw a realistic/decent amount of fouls (at least at default).

And it's not so much an online thing. Playing multiplayer, you'll see a good amount of fouls depending on how the players play. The issue isn't so much with the refs not calling fouls - which you'd expect to be the case if EA don't want to have pauses in gameplay - it's with how the CPU plays.

This is obvious because there is a way to play for more fouls. Use everything in the FIFA toolkit, including skill moves, L1 dribbling, shielding, etc, and you're far more likely to see fouls. The problem is the CPU is too perfect in its tackling and unless you use the above, either the CPU doesn't attempt a tackle or they get the ball. There's not much error involved.

While EA have added a decent amount of human error to the CPU play, the one glaring exception is in its tackles. If they'd make the CPU more aggressive and more mistake prone - like human players - then you'd see more fouls.

I'm getting quite a lot fouls from shielding the ball with the back to goal with strong physical strikers. Not nearly enough, but enough to not care about it. I got no clue how to score freekicks in these new fifas anyway, the worst I've ever been in any football game scoring freekicks. :P

Do you really think it would ruin the experience that much?
Im not talking about changing it into Mortal Kombat. Just make it 6-8 fouls in 15/20 mins match on each side, few cards and a maybe a penalty every now and again. Its football. Its realism.

it will not ruin but i think but they trying to make fifa to be more and more e-sport game as much as its possible. I have seen some tournaments with top players and i havent seen many fouls there. Its like game is designed to be fast and dynamic e-sport game coz there is huge profit for EA. If you play against your friend on slow and manual then you could see much more fouls but its different story.

Maybe it's because I'm picking the game in really small doses, but at the moment I'm still very impressed. On slow I see an incredible number of so well tied animations.. many will disagree, but I can't care less, to me it's an incredible work compared to Fifa 18. This and the shooting/goalkeeper saves dynamics are the things that are impressing me the most lately. On semi, and with 52 shoot error, I'm having the most fun I've ever had in a very loong time with this fundamental.. when I'm shooting I'm just feeling that random, natural sensation of everything could happen. And a lot of the new responses of the keeper are simply lovely.

For the rest, I started a career with Tottenham, on Legendary. First two games played fine, if it wasn't for the holy scripting of death that made me lose both of them in the final minutes. Frustrating, but whatever.

Then, I had a really, really great match against Man U. 1-1, with a nice comeback and a lot of real football like moments in the field.

All in all, I find this game the best thing to ever come out from next gen, at least until now. Granted, there are really small to no fouls, and this is bad beyond excuse (even if sometimes I catch one or two by ball shiedling). But the rest, like the details, the flow of the game, the shooting and the incredible variety of situations due to this AI, is so good I usually can look over it.

Regarding highlights, i wish they wouldn't do that pan round to the back of the goal during the replay. I have always hated that in TV replays too when they show the top ten goals but during each replay they switch from ‘Broadcast’ to ‘Behind the Goal’ just as the person is about to shoot.

Don’t get me wrong I like the view from behind the goal but I just wish they wouldn’t switch to it halfway through a zoomed out replay.

Have to applaud FIFA at the mo - it is one chasm of a game. I'm learning so much about other leagues and their players.

How long do you think FIFA 19 servers will stay open for?

Watched a bit of the video Matt with the volume down as in bed in early hours of the morning here. Looks really good. I will watch more tomorrow.

On a side note I was also watching one of my highlight videos and i noticed that Matty Blair (who scored against me for Doncaster) had a bandage around his right hand. Not sure if he was injured in game or during pre-season. I checked online and it turns out his brother died from cancer at 28 and he was married to an actress called Holly Matthews. A bit sad really.

Anyways i never found out what the bandage on the hand was all about. Any ideas? Or is it just cosmetic?

Last edited:
Some guys have been asking for me to give my thoughts, in a video, so I figured why not. Here's my thoughts, I cover just about everything gameplay related. Don't laugh, too hard, at my terrible pronunciation of names:

Do you have a version that's not in video form or can you summarize?

qU7rYus.jpg

Look at that clock. Getting up an hour earlier (i.e. 6:37am) to make sure I can get ready and then have an hour on this game.

Please don't break it, EA.

Mate came over and we fired up fifa19.
Had 4 really enjoyable games 1-0, 0-0, 0-0 & 0-1.
There were so many jump off the sofa moments. In last game i was 1 down and broke in last seconds, put in a low cross and Costa side footed an inch wide from 3 yards. Me and my mate looked at each in sheer disbelief . Great moment.
Found a team that I love using, Dortmund.
Started a career mode and sold Reus and Gotze for £100m. Brought in Fekir but using that website with all the wonderkids and best kids to buy I'm gonna invest in youth rather than buy superstars.

Guys, sorry but im a bit confused here. I only got FIFA19 yesterday so I dont know where im at. @Matt10 is talking about pre patch and post patch. What patch is that?
Is it already out or is it the one that will be out? I see Matt has all sliders 50/50 and it looks great. Does Matt has early açcess to some patch or are you all playing on 50/50 now?

Guys, sorry but im a bit confused here. I only got FIFA19 yesterday so I dont know where im at. @Matt10 is talking about pre patch and post patch. What patch is that?
Is it already out or is it the one that will be out?
Matt's current sliders are for the game as-is on consoles. The current patch is v1.01.

But on PC (Matt plays on PC primarily), v1.02 is out now. It doesn't hit consoles until next week.

That will require different sliders, but presumably (based on what Matt's said so far) closer to default!

Matt's current sliders are for the game as-is on consoles. The current patch is v1.01.

But on PC (Matt plays on PC primarily), v1.02 is out now. It doesn't hit consoles until next week.

That will require different sliders, but presumably (based on what Matt's said so far) closer to default!
Ah, now i get it. Im on ps4. Yeah it supposed to be early next week.
Good man Chris, thanks!

Many of you will have spent many hours with this now...where would you say it ranks compared to previous FIFA titles?

For me it's the best one yet.

Many of you will have spent many hours with this now...where would you say it ranks compared to previous FIFA titles?

I missed a lot of them. I was cursing at Pes for years. Last year I was so pissed off with pes18 that I got FIFA for the first time since 2010. And I was very surprised how good the game was.

The only thing that really confuses me is the fact that a lot of people say Fifa18 didnt have fouls either. I bought it late, around March, so maybe it was already patched to bits, but I remember struggling to get decent starting 11 as I had 3 players injured (and i only had injury frequency at 55) and 2 sitting out due to red cards..
And I remember that I had lots of free kicks. I remember coz Im completely crap in them and I couldnt even get close to scoring from them.

If this FIFA gets patched to be more physical, have more fouls and injuries - it will be again a step up.

Konami really needs to pull their socks up coz at this pace FIFA will be a main choice for everyone, including PES veterans.

I'd agree. A lot of people still prefer 16 and given the overall balance, I get why. I think 16 plus the tactics and the freedom of the ball of 19 would probably be a better game (I don't like Frostbite even though the potential is clear).

However, as a gameplay package, I much prefer 19. The scale of variance is much bigger in my experience.

Literally every game I play has something new - and it's easy to miss without slowing it down.

I played for 15 minutes before work this morning, and edited the following clip for 30 minutes...
Please take a look at this clip of just 15 seconds of action to see why I love the game.

My big, hard, slow but solid defender gives the ball away (as his attributes would dictate), then stretches desperately and just barely wins the ball back - shielding himself from flying feet - then prioritises holding off the attacker, allowing the midfielder to start a counter.

As the ball gets to the midfield, there's a pass to the striker and he has to stretch his body to reach it, because it was an awkward pass and an inaccurate pass. That could have killed the move, but it didn't. He manages to lay it off to the playmaker.

Watch the playmaker's head movements. He's looking at the winger I've just brought in on a free transfer, making a run - then looking at the space. With a manual pass, knowing that it's raining and knowing I can hit the ball harder than usual, I play the best pass I've ever hit in my life.

Watch the winger, pounding the pitch to try and get there ahead of the defender. Watch his head movement - this is my favourite bit - desperately looking at the defender, then the ball, then for cross targets, then the ball again.

At which point, his first touch - and my lack of willingness to let go of the sprint button - completely wastes it all. But I don't care, because it felt great.

It's a cup game. It's 1-1. It's the dying moments. Both teams are pushing forward.

Then...

One last counter attempt. Listen to the commentary at the 22 second mark - that intensity was exactly what I was feeling, given what happens.

I could list plenty of things that are wrong with the game, including gameplay stuff (like the fact that Joe Allen is a wizard who can defy gravity). But there's more good in this game than any other football game I've played.

Last edited:
I still dont like when you fizz a ball down the line the ball will ALWAYS slow down so you or defender can keep it in play.
Had a little glitch last night where I put in cross and the ball was behind the guy on the edge of the box and somehow the ball went through his chest and landed at his feet for a volley.

Its growing on me a lot in the last few days but like every game there are some little bits that need to ironed out.

Some guys have been asking for me to give my thoughts, in a video, so I figured why not. Here's my thoughts, I cover just about everything gameplay related. Don't laugh, too hard, at my terrible pronunciation of names:

you got your mic/volume probs solved with this! love it! :APPLAUD:
i will watch later at the lunch break.

qU7rYus.jpg

Look at that clock. Getting up an hour earlier (i.e. 6:37am) to make sure I can get ready and then have an hour on this game.

Please don't break it, EA.
what games tile is that to the left...!? ;)
hehe, right! that speaks volumes!! :D see, i got my old big fat armchair into the 4th floor...
man... EA did really good this year, imo. no denying that.

I'd agree. A lot of people still prefer 16 and given the overall balance, I get why. I think 16 plus the tactics and the freedom of the ball of 19 would probably be a better game (I don't like Frostbite even though the potential is clear).

However, as a gameplay package, I much prefer 19. The scale of variance is much bigger in my experience.

Literally every game I play has something new - and it's easy to miss without slowing it down.

I played for 15 minutes before work this morning, and edited the following clip for 30 minutes...
Please take a look at this clip of just 15 seconds of action to see why I love the game.

My big, hard, slow but solid defender gives the ball away (as his attributes would dictate), then stretches desperately and just barely wins the ball back - shielding himself from flying feet - then prioritises holding off the attacker, allowing the midfielder to start a counter.

As the ball gets to the midfield, there's a pass to the striker and he has to stretch his body to reach it, because it was an awkward pass and an inaccurate pass. That could have killed the move, but it didn't. He manages to lay it off to the playmaker.

Watch the playmaker's head movements. He's looking at the winger I've just brought in on a free transfer, making a run - then looking at the space. With a manual pass, knowing that it's raining and knowing I can hit the ball harder than usual, I play the best pass I've ever hit in my life.

Watch the winger, pounding the pitch to try and get there ahead of the defender. Watch his head movement - this is my favourite bit - desperately looking at the defender, then the ball, then for cross targets, then the ball again.

At which point, his first touch - and my lack of willingness to let go of the sprint button - completely wastes it all. But I don't care, because it felt great.

It's a cup game. It's 1-1. It's the dying moments. Both teams are pushing forward.

Then...

One last counter attempt. Listen to the commentary at the 22 second mark - that intensity was exactly what I was feeling, given what happens.

I could list plenty of things that are wrong with the game, including gameplay stuff (like the fact that Joe Allen is a wizard who can defy gravity). But there's more good in this game than any other football game I've played.
like your enthusiasm! :) and i get you totally!
what i dont liked: at the end of video one: the ball slows down at the end of the pitch so unnatural... this looks so staged... EA, let the ball roll!! let em free!!
cant wait to get home and play some more.

If it doesn't lose itself on the road of patches and FUT demands, it's the best ever hands down to me.

By the way I have to agree with the fact that on default slides it plays the best it ever played. Lately I've just modified a small bunch of things like shoot precision and both passing, leaving the rest as it is (also changed something about width maybe, can't remember now) and the game feels pleasing as it is to me.

Back
Top Bottom