Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
I have been enjoying playing my career with Southend in small doses. But I thought for a change I will play something different, so I played Survival with Tottenham v Man City. Because I play so much with Southend I forgot how good it can be controlling players like Son, Kane, Erikson, Lucas etc...

The stats and individuality really shine in this game. Sometimes when dribbling i wiggle the right stick to see what happens and it was great to see Son play back heel the ball against the shin of his other foot to fool the defender. He then went on a run and put a cross in and Kane missed from 2 yards but it all looked so real.

Then you have Sane, as @Madmac79 mentioned earlier, running at you sometimes passing sometimes dribbling, shooting. This game is great. One time we had a corner, Trippier took it, Edersen came out and punched the ball and knocked Vertonghen over who continued rolling in the penalty area as Erikson controlled the ball at 20 yrds out, rifalled it back in against a defender, the ball then looped up in the air back to Trippier who was now in the area, and he toe poked it over while Edersen dived in the net. There is so much going on in this game.

I saved a simple video to show the individuality in this game. Son plays a ball out to Lucas, Edersen comes running out the penalty area to the ball, will he punt it downfield?...

I am just so worried about the patch. They keep mentioning how they want all passes to be accurate and lazer like. Right now stats have impact on passing but it won't be like that after the next patch. Please make sure to backup your game.

I am just so worried about the patch. They keep mentioning how they want all passes to be accurate and lazer like. Right now stats have impact on passing but it won't be like that after the next patch. Please make sure to backup your game.

The next patch 1.02 is ok for console though isnt it?

Are you referring to 1.03?

Strange. I was finding the game a bit like old school fifa last night. I think it’s when I change tv’s. Had the same with pro. Loving it tonight though. Have they patched it? because it feels more tuned and more enjoyable. Also easier though which is a shame. Had an exhibition match with city against LFC at Anfield. After half hour I had 10 shots to their 1 on legendary. Wasn’t like that before.

It is indeed. I often tinker and tinker, get to a point where I think "yes, this is it", for it to only frustrate in some way in the next few matches. I played FIFA the last three years, and after heavily flicking around with sliders for the first two months of having the game, I usually just give up at some point, only to return to the game again say mid-March, and then usually just stick to whatever is to default, and properly enjoy the game for what it is.

I make electronic music as a hobby - and quite often I'll have a decent outline for a track after say two relatively short sessions. After this point, I usually mess about mixing it here and there, doing this and that to the sound, flicking around endlessly for hours and hours - and very often, when I get to the point where I just give up or say "ok, this is it", I listen to the very first recording I did and think to myself "well, that's almost exactly the same, so what the hell was the point of that?". :LOL:

Thankfully, with semi-assisted and playing at professional, I think this year's edition is quite enjoyable out of the box.
Kill your darlings!
/Fellow musician.

Played the demo tonight with a friend, one controller so we could only take a turn around, and for the life of us we could not beat Real Madrid on WC. Love the individuality this year and the sheer variety that you can produce in attack and also how different teams play to their strengths/tactics etc.

Is there much difference between demo and retail? Only small complaint was game speed was a little high, but obv can be changed to slow in actual game.

Played the demo tonight with a friend, one controller so we could only take a turn around, and for the life of us we could not beat Real Madrid on WC. Love the individuality this year and the sheer variety that you can produce in attack and also how different teams play to their strengths/tactics etc.

Is there much difference between demo and retail? Only small complaint was game speed was a little high, but obv can be changed to slow in actual game.
Hard to say, coz usually when people get the full game they play around with sliders and game speed changing the overall game drastically. Personally im finding full version better than demo. Watch Matts video post patch (that will be out on consoles next week) it looks fantastic. They are finally catching up with ball physics.

My god the game online one player is truly awful. Talk about ping pong one touch first time passing. Maybe because I've been playing slow offline. Strange because co-op online has been great so far. hope they've not cocked it up. For me anyway.:)

So once again,no freekicks!
It's starting to be a tradition.
Don't know how they manage to do this year after year.

Mainly very positive on all aspects of this game and it's gameplay.
But no freekicks?
That's just poor.
Two games in a row and none!
No classic kits either this year,

Yes I definitely think now after playing a lot of games there's something wrong in how the ref is calling fouls committed by me versus the CPU, I had a match where I ended up with 8 fouls to 1 and I was doing standing tackles which were called fouls that the CPU was doing similar that knocked my player over that wasn't called fouls, shame I wasn't recording the game tbh.

One thing they changed in Career Mode which is really annoying, in January when you're interested in players over 23 who have less than 6 months on their contract your only option is to sign them on a bosman, you can't buy them immediately any more, guess that was EA's very lame, lazy way of "fixing" the double transfer bug. Sucks because it was a good way of buying players on the cheap to strengthen the team for the second half of the season.

yesterday I tryed some things, I play full manual so keep that in mind. acceleration to 49, pass accuracy 20, first touch error 20, marking 70, normal game speed, all other set to default. I find ball moving more freely and better players are really hard to defend. really enjoying it with this setup. waiting for the patch to hit ps4 and maybe ball physics get better

Thankfully the speed is slower in the retail. But i have actually notched it up to normal speed as i find slow a bit sluggish (which is a first for me).

It takes a while to find your own settings but once you do the game is a joy to play :)

I'm averaging 3/4 free kicks now somethings that may have helped ..legacy defending, analogue sprint off and switching sheild button to r1 instead of l2. Seems more effective on a button rather than a trigger ..had another pen this morning so that's 3 in 4

Someone who can remember which changes there will arrive to Career Mode in the patch? Can't find any information, and is in doubt if I should wait to play Career Mode

Someone who can remember which changes there will arrive to Career Mode in the patch? Can't find any information, and is in doubt if I should wait to play Career Mode

https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/413396/fifa-title-update-2nd-oct

Career Mode:

Addressed the following issues:
  • When playing as a team that qualifies for either UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League through the playoffs, the championship match was scheduled on the same day as the final league match.
    • This fix will not affect existing save files.
  • Removed the following traits from the list of Player Career traits as they no longer had an in-game function:
    • Driven Pass
    • Acrobatic Clearance
    • Diving Header
    • Fancy Flicks
    • GK Up For Corners
  • In Player Career, some incorrect Accomplishments were displaying after playing the first match of your career.
  • Certain player swap transfers were being rejected due to incorrect budget calculations.
  • The Block Offers option was not appearing in some situations.
  • News was not properly displaying when a player is acquired in a transfer that included a player swap.
  • News articles for Player Of The Month Awards were displaying the incorrect month.
  • Visual customizations to Alex Hunter and Danny Williams were not being properly displayed during negotiation scenes in Career Mode.
  • Petr Cech was wearing his helmet during negotiation scenes, we have now found him a tie instead.

CPU is too perfect with tackling which is really annoying. Also even if the CPU is not, the ref won't give fouls at all.

My main grip with the game right now, now that I have switched to semi passing. Semi doesn't feel too assisted in terms of direction and also give you the feeling that yo have comparable passing weapon than the cpu. On manual, it really feels like you are at disadvantage, mainly because it is so hard to give proper power to the passes.

The way the AI gets away with shirt pulling in this is outrageous.:LOL: Seriously though, Ref should stop play for these once in a while. Would also help up the foul count per game to a more realistic level.

This is another thing that really annoys me with EA and this game, player likeness should be bang up to date or at least give us the option to edit this. Zaha has dreads in this game he still has the fifa 17 hair style, we need a good edit mode which allows certain changes, i know on PC you can edit things but why can't EA add a tattoo pack in edit mode. I realise they can't scan every face in football but i'm fed up of seeing 'Johnny fucking Generic face' on some of the good players.

Just cannot get into this at all. What the fuck have they done to manual players?

The shooting is so random on manual its unbelievable.

The passing on manual is infuriating, too little and it pea rolls, too much and it flys out of play, theres no fucking balance.

And the movement still isn't right when players are running. They all take big touches which just gives the advantage to the computer.

18 was well better in this regard.

Just cannot get into this at all. What the fuck have they done to manual players?

The shooting is so random on manual its unbelievable.

The passing on manual is infuriating, too little and it pea rolls, too much and it flys out of play, theres no fucking balance.

And the movement still isn't right when players are running. They all take big touches which just gives the advantage to the computer.

18 was well better in this regard.

Yeah, full manual is really weird, passes very weak. Much better on semi.

Another fix they now unfixed, players retiring at 32/33 or so, way too many of them, fortunately a simple fix on PC, I just set every play to is retiring = no :)

Can anyone help me how to outpace defenders? I really don't know what else to do, double tap r2, didn't work, right stick also. This is really catch up bug

Right stick works no problem, maybe you can post some video examples and we can see what's going wrong for you?

for weak manual passes increase power bar slider to 55-58 - that will speed up your passing without altering the pace of the game, strange that people are having issues with manual shooting i feel its more assisted than ever - maybe its the timed shot ? i have scored goals with it but it felt way to random for me so i turned it off

Back
Top Bottom