Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Many of you will have spent many hours with this now...where would you say it ranks compared to previous FIFA titles?

For me it's the best one yet.

I will give the edge to fifa16 over 19 because of how physical 16 can be in comparison to 19. Duel outcomes feels more uncertain in 16, while in 19 the CPU seems more equipped than the user to conserve the ball and get it back.

Also playing with manual passing is way harder in 19 than in 16. It is really hard to get the power right in 19 to the point it gets frustrating. Also the pass receiver often seems to not react properly at your pass (a la pes 18). I will give a try to semi passing to see if it improves things.

On the other hand the CPU attacking patterns are way more repetitive in 16 compared to 19.

As for the package, if you are on PC, 16 package is absolutely fantastic, thanks to its modding possibilities.

If it doesn't lose itself on the road of patches and FUT demands, it's the best ever hands down to me.

By the way I have to agree with the fact that on default slides it plays the best it ever played. Lately I've just modified a small bunch of things like shoot precision and both passing, leaving the rest as it is (also changed something about width maybe, can't remember now) and the game feels pleasing as it is to me.
Yeah I've tried a few different slider sets and they seem to spoil a game which is great ' out of the box ' and just needs to be left alone this year.

Default sliders and Ultimate Difficulty, this game is still challenging for me although the CPU does talk some BS at times.

Just lost to Montpellier 4-2. It was a great game, I scored a beauty of a goal with Tammy Abraham...I played a little chipped through ball with Grealish and then Tammy ran onto it and did this amazing looking left footed volley that he nearly got all wrong. Ball pinged off inside of post and sneaked in.

So many little touches and manouveres that you just don't get with the other game. I'll find it difficult going back to that when I'm done with this but I'm adament to play both games in depth this year.

Last edited:
@Mikhail completely agree. I tried to heavily modify sliders and hated the feel afterwards. On default with small adjustments (or even just fully default like you do, I bet) it's the best experience possible imo.

Yeah I've tried a few different slider sets and they seem to spoil a game which is great ' out of the box ' and just needs to be left alone this year.

Default sliders and Ultimate Difficulty, this game is still challenging for me although the CPU does talk some BS at times.

Just lost to Montpellier 4-2. It was a great game, I scored a beauty of a goal with Tammy Abraham...I played a little chipped through ball with Grealish and then Tammy ran onto it and did this amazing looking left footed volley that he nearly got all wrong. Ball pinged off inside of post and sneaked in.

So many little touches and manouveres that you just don't get with the other game. I'll find it difficult going back to that when I'm done with this but I'm adament to play both games in depth this year.
no matter how good the standard version is this year, and i fully agree its one of the best for years, i rely on sliders because i need at least to lower the pass/shot accuracy/speed/error to come close to real life soccer speed and behaviour. it might be that this years version needs less slider tweaking than ever before, but i little tinkering with the sliders is needed for me!

Last edited:
Many of you will have spent many hours with this now...where would you say it ranks compared to previous FIFA titles?

I didn't like FIFA at all until FIFA 16, which is a great game that I played for nearly 3 years, really. FIFA 19 is a better game overall though that is more fun to play. It has an addictive quality about it that hasn't been present in any football game since the PES 3-6 era.

Last edited:
Agreed. No need to mess with the sliders this year. Sliders are a slippery slope, in my opinion.

It is indeed. I often tinker and tinker, get to a point where I think "yes, this is it", for it to only frustrate in some way in the next few matches. I played FIFA the last three years, and after heavily flicking around with sliders for the first two months of having the game, I usually just give up at some point, only to return to the game again say mid-March, and then usually just stick to whatever is to default, and properly enjoy the game for what it is.

I make electronic music as a hobby - and quite often I'll have a decent outline for a track after say two relatively short sessions. After this point, I usually mess about mixing it here and there, doing this and that to the sound, flicking around endlessly for hours and hours - and very often, when I get to the point where I just give up or say "ok, this is it", I listen to the very first recording I did and think to myself "well, that's almost exactly the same, so what the hell was the point of that?". :LOL:

Thankfully, with semi-assisted and playing at professional, I think this year's edition is quite enjoyable out of the box.

Does the patch address the ball shadow in evening and night games? I had my first experience of that bug and it makes some difference not having the shadow.

Last edited:
Ball physics gets mentioned a lot but I think 19 definitely needs praise for the shooting physics, some stunning long range goals can be scored, in my latest match I scored a stunner and they scored a stunner. Fortunately I was recording:

FA Cup 3rd round replay (first match was a snowy 2-2). Not my finest hour but a match that had everything and showed a lot of the great stuff of this Fifa IMO.

Videos will be processed in a few mins...

I've found the stunner-goals to be a bit too frequent. Seems quite easy to hammer one in from distance. It does happen in real life as well, of course, but not nearly as often as in the game, in my opinion. One of the things in the game I wish they'd tone down with a patch.

I've found the stunner-goals to be a bit too frequent. Seems quite easy to hammer one in from distance. It does happen in real life as well, of course, but not nearly as often as in the game, in my opinion. One of the things in the game I wish they'd tone down with a patch.
If you feel like that, I'd say turn the goalkeeper ability up to counter it - I know it's not the ideal solution, but it works...!

If you feel like that, I'd say turn the goalkeeper ability up to counter it - I know it's not the ideal solution, but it works...!

Yeah, I know, I have turned up the GK ability, and it does work, but they're maybe saving a bit too many shots they shouldn't be saving now as well, haha. It's always a trade off. Oh, well, it's not a biggie - glad you can score long rangers at all. :)

I can definitely see the argument it needs some slight tweaking, very next match was Wigan at home and Nick Powell put one in from the edge of the box, but IRL he has a decent shot as well right? Previous match was Mooy who again has a decent shot from range. Previous Fifas it was always "CPU never, ever shoots from range" so we're definitely headed in the right direction.

My keeper is the lowest rated player in my first team so a better one would probably get to more of these shots and as covered keeper/shot power/shot accuracy sliders can be tweaked to preference :)

So I started my Career Mode again seeing as I am used to the way the game plays now [I always do a 'test run' with every new football game for a week and then start my Career/Master League 'properly']

Anyway...playing as Aston Villa, default sliders and default controls, Ultimate difficulty. Got to the pre-season tournament final in Spain. Faced Anderlecht in final...lost 7-1. SEVEN-ONE. I couldn't do anything.

Really enjoying this apart from that hideous result. :LOL:

I'm getting quite a lot fouls from shielding the ball

Been a while since I've posted here.

Switched over to Fifa since 12.

18 had a lack of fouls but this is the way I won them, you have to draw them out either by jockeying or running with the ball making the Ai commit to a tackle like in real life. I still wouldn't mind a bit of dirty play from the CPU tho.

My short thoughts this is the best Fifa so far, love how difficult it is(legendary, semi assist). Have only been doing CL competition so far found it real hard just to get out the group. The big teams will punish you in a split second.

I'm away at the moment but can't wait to get back next week and play.

Oh, man, football game orgasm here. What a game I just had. Absolutely lovely. Stuffed with lovely details. Great fucking game as spurs vs Fulham. Fulham pressed me from the start, I couldn't keep the ball, created nothing, switched formation, Fulham went off balance, scored a goal at the brink of half time. Second half and Fulham change things up, press me more, but are more open for counters. I counter in 2-0 right at the end. But the ebb and flow of that game was seriously the best I've had in a football game for years and years. So lovely! Wish I recorded the whole thing. Please don't let form ruin this. Aaaaah. :BOP:

Next game. United away. All my players on form. They destroy me, but I'm lucky to go down just 3-2. Wow. Edge of my seat toes all curled throughout the match. Color me impressed. What the hell. Wow.

Holy fuck. Yet another one. 2-1 narrow loss to United in league Cup. Such a story in the game as well! Janssen missing pen on 2-1. United with their best men, us with the reserves. They were leading 2-0 after 20 mins and strolled. I got a goal back after 60 mins and the rest of the match was nervy as hell, going back and forth. Just exceptional stuff!

Last edited:
Does the patch address the ball shadow in evening and night games? I had my first experience of that bug and it makes some difference not having the shadow.
I just tried two matches in Molton Road and the ball shadow appeared correctly both in day and night conditions, so the bug is probably fixed.

If the game was more challenging in CM, I'd hands down say it's easily the best FIFA.

Honestly, this game shines when you're more in the middle in terms of skill level. I don't mean to be insulting, but once you get to the higher levels - either in single player or multiplayer - much of the best of the game cancels itself out and the bullshit tends to reign supreme.

So for example while CM is a bit of a cakewalk for me and kinda dull as a result, playing FUT Squad Battles on Legendary or above is absolutely brutal, but usually not in a good way, with the ball bouncing to the CPU on most tackles I put in, while the CPU is lethal with long shots and crosses to the point I don't know what else in my power to do aside from just getting better players (my squad is already rated something like 82).

It's the same with online multiplayer, but in a different way. FIFA isn't the best when it comes to being optimized well for online play, so I get a lot of matches in which it's difficult to express skill and games are too often decided by who gets the lucky bounces of the ball. Or it's just determined by who has the best team. Or who is best at exploiting the game, like with timed finesse shots. That's not necessarily all that different from previous editions but the consensus seems to be that multiplayer is more random than ever and I kind of agree.

So I think it really depends on what type of player you are and what mode of gameplay we're talking about.

Yeah, this is one of the biggest complaints in multiplayer - it's easier to score from distance than close up. The meta right now is essentially playing for timed finesse shots from distance, since they are crazy OP. Hopefully this'll get addressed in the first real gameplay patch.

How long was Adam and eve in the garden of Eden? Hah. My career mode has suddenly just sped up, just like last year. Matches playing like formula 1 races. Players high on kilos of amphetamines or something. It's really weird and adds so little to the game. I suspect its a form thing. All arrows pointing up and it's just speed galore. Please, please get rid of form! Such a blow. Been fucking excellent up until that kicked in.

Edit - was only for a couple of games. Back to normal now. I've had an excellent time playing tonight. Some brilliant matches. Form is making it a bit easier than it should be though. If we get to turn that off, career mode could be extremely interesting and quite challenging. Great game though! :) without a shadow of doubt the most I've enjoyed a single player football game for years and years playing the career tonight.

Last edited:
Wanna contribute with a pair of videos from my last game (a simple Argentina-Germany from a plain national team cup).
One that highlights my love for the players behaviour this year:

Sanè receives ball, aims my defender, "decides" that there is space to try a one man action and simply force the dribbling on my slower defender, launching himself, beautifully defending the ball with his arm and body and cutting in, firing a shoot just a bit wide to the Armani's left.

What I love is that he doesn't obsessively search for one solution. I've seen one touch passes from him, or searching for the cross. But when he has the space, he does what he can do best. Lovely and maybe it gets a bit lost by writing it, but it all feel very natural.

Then this one, same match of course:

Loved all the stages of CPU defending my action here. The first defender, seeing himself surpassed, trying and failing a desperate tackle from behind, only for my Dybala to get away and nicely touch again the ball with the right.. then, I tried the classic stop and u-turn to bring the ball on my lefty, only to have Boateng coming at me like a tank, lol-noping the smaller argentinian genious on the ground, with two other defenders watching the situation from near. Seriously appreciate the general awareness of the cpu.

By the way, these are what I classify among the little "real football feeling" moments this game is giving me.

Back
Top Bottom