Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Can anyone help me how to outpace defenders? I really don't know what else to do, double tap r2, didn't work, right stick also. This is really catch up bug

The shielding actually works this year, I knock it on and also hold L2 shielding if they are running behind you and getting close.

Alternatively actually pass it ahead of you if on manual, then you can just run.

As an offline player only is this game worth the upgrade from 18 or is it a Black Friday buy? Liked the demo but it seemed a bit on the quick side.
Im a offline player only.
Wanted to hold on till Xmas but couldnt help myself. I got it for two reasons
1. Pes is pure Love/Hate this year and it can really annoy me at times
2. Yes, they didnt change much in Career Mode, but overal experience with Champions League and all the licensed leagues is vastly improved. Playing EPL or La Liga you have almost every stadium. Thats huge!

The only thing I hold against F19 is lack of fouls, but im sure you know that already

Career mode plays really nicely apart from the fact it's way too easy, even on ultimate. And before anyone says 'play on manual'.... no! Already looking at sliders after only a week which is a shame. Squad Battles on the other hand is really challenging on just legendary. It's a decent game but I feel it lacks a bit of excitement/fun.

Im a offline player only.
Wanted to hold on till Xmas but couldnt help myself. I got it for two reasons
1. Pes is pure Love/Hate this year and it can really annoy me at times
2. Yes, they didnt change much in Career Mode, but overal experience with Champions League and all the licensed leagues is vastly improved. Playing EPL or La Liga you have almost every stadium. Thats huge!

The only thing I hold against F19 is lack of fouls, but im sure you know that already

I liked the PES demo haven't bought PES since 2017 for the PS3 the presentation is getting to me. Game looks great (19) and I know there are option files for kits and stuff but I am tired of going through all that especially since the commentary is from year one. FIFA gameplay seems to be catching up with Konami's game. Thanks.

Anyone using the timed shot,or does that kill the joy of shooting?
I have turned off,but if it feels realistic let me know
I started with it turned off but since turning it on and giving it a chance I am finding it a lot easier to score, particularly from outside the box. Once you get a feel for it, it's not too bad.

I started with it turned off but since turning it on and giving it a chance I am finding it a lot easier to score, particularly from outside the box. Once you get a feel for it, it's not too bad.
Nice to know mate,I was afraid it would be a little cheaty or perfect.
I'll give it a go
Thanks

As an offline player only is this game worth the upgrade from 18 or is it a Black Friday buy? Liked the demo but it seemed a bit on the quick side.

If you can handle the fact that Career Mode hasn't changed then the actual gameplay/tactical improvements are worth it IMO. Obviously if it's a choice of a week's food or Fifa19 then wait on it for a few months ;)

Anyone using the timed shot,or does that kill the joy of shooting?
I have turned off,but if it feels realistic let me know
Will you enjoy it or not, depends on your approach and how are you planing to use it.
Me, personally, use it only from time to time, (like in real life when you are going for a risky shot only from time to time)
I like it this way. When I know that im out of position or im winning and there is not much to loose I like to have a go. Its another little thing, that makes things more interesting. But I wouldnt abuse it too much. It might ruing the experience.

Ps. I have all trainers and guides off, so even when I pull one off Im not sure was it timed shot or not. For me its just a cracker of a shot. ;)

Timed shot is weird. Whenever I hit it on time I miss, but whenever I'm a tad early or late, I end up with a much better shot.

Do you al use tactical defending? I play PES for years and never get used on the defending system when switching to Fifa. Legacy defending is not as good as PES defending.

Will you enjoy it or not, depends on your approach and how are you planing to use it.
Me, personally, use it only from time to time, (like in real life when you are going for a risky shot only from time to time)
I like it this way. When I know that im out of position or im winning and there is not much to loose I like to have a go. Its another little thing, that makes things more interesting. But I wouldnt abuse it too much. It might ruing the experience.

Ps. I have all trainers and guides off, so even when I pull one off Im not sure was it timed shot or not. For me its just a cracker of a shot. ;)
I've seen "serious" YouTubers play with trainers on which looks insane.
That's a good approach not knowing
Are you on assisted here?
I've played on semi pass/shooting since FIFA 16

Career mode plays really nicely apart from the fact it's way too easy, even on ultimate. And before anyone says 'play on manual'.... no! Already looking at sliders after only a week which is a shame. Squad Battles on the other hand is really challenging on just legendary. It's a decent game but I feel it lacks a bit of excitement/fun.
Is it the excitement/fun part or the difficulty part that is your problem?!

Can you please upload a whole match? I really want to see how this game is to easy (because I have probs on higher difficulty settings). And i want to learn from the best. :)

Is it the excitement/fun part or the difficulty part that is your problem?!

Can you please upload a whole match? I really want to see how this game is to easy (because I have probs on higher difficulty settings). And i want to learn from the best. :)

Me too, i would like to see a video of what tactics are used. I had to move down to Professional and to semi from manual because i was finding the game too hard. I am in a career with Southend so maybe that’s why. We all play differently but i struggle to see how this game is too easy. But any tips will be good thanks :)

I'm playing with Real Betis with a 433 (holding) formation and finding it easy. While playing with many other systems in Squad Battles I was really struggling to get any flow in my attacking play. Since changing to 433, I create far more. I am considering starting a new career with a lesser side to see if playing with poorer players makes it tougher.

In terms of the lack of excitement/fun, I think it's down to it being too easy but also the fact the game is very similar to previous years. It's just getting a bit stale.

all you guys not getting enough fouls, if you keep your body between the defender and the ball using :l1: the CPU will become aggressive and foul. Passing the ball around quickly will give you less fouls.

all you guys not getting enough fouls, if you keep your body between the defender and the ball using :l1: the CPU will become aggressive and foul. Passing the ball around quickly will give you less fouls.
so i have to trigger CPU angyness with L1!? come on man... ;)

i get it, and yes, fouls happen when in direct contact with the opponent and you battle in close space. but fouls do happen too when player run into each other... players sliding to get the ball... players going for a header battle...
there should be more contextual fouls happening, imo.

pressing the shielding button (for me that is L2) is a nice way of shielding (when i want to shield really hard)... but this should not be the base (or the first step/ a "must do") for a foul, imo!

Last edited:
I've seen "serious" YouTubers play with trainers on which looks insane.
That's a good approach not knowing
Are you on assisted here?
I've played on semi pass/shooting since FIFA 16
Im on assisted for the moment. For some reason assisted doesnt annoy me on FIFA. With slightly tweaked sliders there is enough pass and first touch errors. Together with really various AI im having lots of fun on assisted. I might go semi when i get used to everything there. ;)

I'm playing with Real Betis with a 433 (holding) formation and finding it easy. While playing with many other systems in Squad Battles I was really struggling to get any flow in my attacking play. Since changing to 433, I create far more. I am considering starting a new career with a lesser side to see if playing with poorer players makes it tougher.

In terms of the lack of excitement/fun, I think it's down to it being too easy but also the fact the game is very similar to previous years. It's just getting a bit stale.

This is the problem. You're saying it's easy, but not saying what part is easy? What is the CPU doing, or not doing, that makes it so easy? Genuinely curious, especially as I'm building sliders and am wanting to hear from those who find it easy.

Me too, i would like to see a video of what tactics are used. I had to move down to Professional and to semi from manual because i was finding the game too hard. I am in a career with Southend so maybe that’s why. We all play differently but i struggle to see how this game is too easy. But any tips will be good thanks :)

I think all people who find the game easy are using assisted settings, it makes a huge difference. And it's not terrible to use either, playing with a lower league team I can get as low as 80% pass completion although it varies from game to game. But I would still like to see a full video of them walking all over teams on ultimate as I still find the game plenty challenging on legendary. I like to use some assisted settings myself, so in addition I guess it's also the way someone plays. There are dozens of shot types and tricks available to use and I guess some of them could be OP. I'm using only basic controls, maybe I'll finish with a finesse shot on a 1 on 1 and that's it. That's by choice, I don't care for the fancier stuff or the competitive side of the game. If you do and get really good then I guess the AI will seem much easier.

I only care about the AI feeling human (have to make mistakes) and solid in defence and I think World Class difficulty does a good job so far, so maybe I'll settle on WC with a mix of assisted/semi settings. Assisted passing and semi/manual shooting is also a good option! I'd prefer to play against legendary AI defending but their attacks and passing can be annoyingly clinical at times.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom