Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
I really hope we can turn off form at some point. Really makes career mode very easy once you start winning a bit.

I don't get what joy there is on assisted settings ..i had a man square of me out wide and then a man in front of me 10 yards away..i pointed to the man out wide and assisted settings overruled me and passed it the nearest man ..thats not stats that's the AI taking over

This is the problem. You're saying it's easy, but not saying what part is easy? What is the CPU doing, or not doing, that makes it so easy? Genuinely curious, especially as I'm building sliders and am wanting to hear from those who find it easy.
CPU don't create enough chances, that's the main issue. I find it easy to be on top in every game, dominate chances, win the ball back easily and score too many goals per game.

so i have to trigger CPU angyness with L1!? come on man... ;)

i get it, and yes, fouls happen when in direct contact with the opponent and you battle in close space. but fouls do happen too when player run into each other... players sliding to get the ball... players going for a header battle...
there should be more contextual fouls happening, imo.

pressing the shielding button (for me that is L2) is a nice way of shielding (when i want to shield really hard)... but this should not be the base (or the first step/ a "must do") for a foul, imo!
:l1: is a way of keeping the ball. If you dribble through traffic using :l1: CPU won't pick the ball off you as easy. :l2: for shielding gives you a different reaction from the CPU doesn't draw fouls as well. What i mean is you need to manually draw fouls from timely movements using :l1: while dribbling and keeping your body in between ball and defender. In old PES fouls just happened easily, basically they were automatically made just by holding :square:.

but fouls do happen too when player run into each other... players sliding to get the ball... players going for a header battle...
there should be more contextual fouls happening, imo. this here i agree with you.

I don’t think my results are proving easy on career mode just the AI results are the issue, I was just by one point top of the league in December then I lost 2 drew one and still only needed one more win to go back top.

They just need more realistic AI results

CPU don't create enough chances, that's the main issue. I find it easy to be on top in every game, dominate chances, win the ball back easily and score too many goals per game.

Yeah, same here, and the reason is upward arrow form kicking in making your players win every 50-50 battle, they're just that little bit quicker, passes more accurate, shots more accurate. Form should just be toned down a lot. Not sure you can fix it with sliders.

I don’t think my results are proving easy on career mode just the AI results are the issue, I was just by one point top of the league in December then I lost 2 drew one and still only needed one more win to go back top.

They just need more realistic AI results

Yeah, this too. Bournemouth and Everton are second and third in my campaign. Man City 10th. Not very realistic.

Yeah, this too. Bournemouth and Everton are second and third in my campaign. Man City 10th. Not very realistic.

I don’t mind the odd surprise team but teams like Man City and Liverpool should be out of sight after 2-3 months, even if it takes 5 seasons to catch up with them I don’t mind, the game has a year lifecycle.

Is it the same in La Liga on career mode?

I don’t mind the odd surprise team but teams like Man City and Liverpool should be out of sight after 2-3 months, even if it takes 5 seasons to catch up with them I don’t mind, the game has a year lifecycle.

Is it the same in La Liga on career mode?
I'm top with Betis, Girona are 2nd. Around 10 games in. :ROLL:

The game is built off speed and accuracy. CPU gets OCD about these things, and it can hurt them. Have you tried an acceleration discrepancy? Such as 49/50 or 48/50? Or 50/51, 50/52? Usually a discrepancy, of any kind, is enough to customize the difficulty to a tad harder.

Agree. Absolutely what i did on 17 when i moved to World Class. As that was more easy but more human like with creative attacking play, with errors and with fouls.
As compared to Legendary, WC cpu on 17 only had slower reaction times and less directness in attack and few more errors in defence, build up but the slower acceleration and speed equalized everything. Such a blast that game.

The game is built off speed and accuracy. CPU gets OCD about these things, and it can hurt them. Have you tried an acceleration discrepancy? Such as 49/50 or 48/50? Or 50/51, 50/52? Usually a discrepancy, of any kind, is enough to customize the difficulty to a tad harder.
I will certainly give it a go! I usually only tweak shot/pass error, run frequency, gk ability. Fingers crossed! :PRAY:

:l1: is a way of keeping the ball. If you dribble through traffic using :l1: CPU won't pick the ball off you as easy. :l2: for shielding gives you a different reaction from the CPU doesn't draw fouls as well. What i mean is you need to manually draw fouls from timely movements using :l1: while dribbling and keeping your body in between ball and defender. In old PES fouls just happened easily, basically they were automatically made just by holding :square:.

but fouls do happen too when player run into each other... players sliding to get the ball... players going for a header battle...
there should be more contextual fouls happening, imo. this here i agree with you.
Agree. And i do use L1 for close control dribbling. Tapping it here and there... using the LS from min to max movement.
I do the same with the other game and when a lot of folks said there arent enough fouls I could draw them with my dribbling and my style of overall gameplay.
I have to learn a lot in fifa. So I can think of me still being in the adapting phase. :)
I don’t win much but knowledge. ;) hey, it cost me just 60 bucks. :D
I will go on, keep comparing fuma vs. semi pass (maybe semi shoot too), watching the sliders evolve and patch arrive.
Good weekend folks.

If you're scoring too many goals per game, how is the CPU attack the problem?

I promised myself not to touch any sliders for my career mode, but going 3-0 up against chelski after 30 mins, I just had to. Upped cpu marking to 55, and the rest of the game was much tighter, which in turn resulted in me losing possession a lot more and chelski getting more chances, and me less chances. Time will tell if it fucks up something else, I reckon its quite likely, hehe.

If you're scoring too many goals per game, how is the CPU attack the problem?
I have around 15 shots to the CPU's 2 every game. No matter if I'm up against Barcelona or Alaves. I need the CPU to put me under more pressure, the more they attack and keep possession, the less I have the ball, therefore the fewer goals I will score.

I have around 15 shots to the CPU's 2 every game. No matter if I'm up against Barcelona or Alaves. I need the CPU to put me under more pressure, the more they attack and keep possession, the less I have the ball, therefore the fewer goals I will score.

Yes, I would agree here overall. The marking is there, the positioning is there, but the intent to get the ball from your foot is not there. When they do try, their timing is good, and foot-to-ball contact exemplary. This results in less clumsiness, which results in less fouls being called.

I'm looking into it though, post patch of course.

So frustrating. I know a lot on here don’t care and while I am enjoying offline. They’ve completely killed online and given into the FUT again for me. We played co op 2 nights ago and it was brilliant. Slow and hard to make chances. It’s literally like playing 18 now and terrible goals like 18 you couldn’t do before the tweaks. Pretty pissed to be honest. Suppose we will never get an online that equals the offline experience.

So frustrating. I know a lot on here don’t care and while I am enjoying offline. They’ve completely killed online and given into the FUT again for me. We played co op 2 nights ago and it was brilliant. Slow and hard to make chances. It’s literally like playing 18 now and terrible goals like 18 you couldn’t do before the tweaks. Pretty pissed to be honest. Suppose we will never get an online that equals the offline experience.

Try playing Pro Clubs. Most of the goals we score look like this:

qgZTJwd.gif

as i'm coming into fifa 19 naive since FIFA 15 was my last, I feel this game is great because it feels fresh to me after years of MyClub and there's loads to do/learn.

I'm playing FUT mode and I just playing default sliders.

I don't play online opponents as I know I will get annoyed.

In a couple of months, I plan to be without online access which means it'll be a great time to launch career mode with some of the sliders suggested here.

Mixing this game with the occasional game of PES (18 at the mo) is just really good and I only wish there was more time in the day to play these games.

But I do know that if I'd invested a lot of time in FIFA18 I probably wouldn't be impressed too much as they seem very similar.

Man, I just love this game on default still. Look how smooth the animations are. Can't get over it. Just wish the defensive line would meet the attackers more aggressively, and the CPU would try to get a foot in. They have great position and all, but they don't take any chances defensively. That's my biggest goal right now.

Man, I just love this game on default still. Look how smooth the animations are. Can't get over it. Just wish the defensive line would meet the attackers more aggressively, and the CPU would try to get a foot in. They have great position and all, but they don't take any chances defensively. That's my biggest goal right now.

I almost won the World Cup beating Uruguay and Portual 4-2 and 3-0 with USA in Ultimate difficulty. Ended up losing against Spain 2-1 with some unlucky shots. I just wish the game was more difficult. CPU AI doesn't put enough numbers in the attack and on the on the build up play against them, they are too lenient. They don't close down unless I play against Liverpool.

I’m already starting to find this quite dull in Career Mode after initially loving it.

There’s so much more ‘to do’ in Career Mode compared to it’s competitor’s game. But the actual matches are becoming a little dull and easy now. As soon as your players hit form, which always happens for me, I score goals easily and can defend against the CPU’s predictable attacks.

I don’t know, maybe just had a bad session and need to leave the game alone for a while but it’s already feeling like FIFA 18 from a Career perspective.

I’ve tried everything. Played with sliders [which make the game feel strange and lifeless]. I have tried different cameras and difficulty settings. I played with semi and manual controls but that just makes the game feel and look unrealistic to me - Jack Grealish doesn’t have to think about making a simple short pass in real life, he just does it. Shots on manual are wild and quite frankly, ridiculous.

I just feel it’s all a bit underwhelming but again, I might have been playing too much and need a break.

Online, it’s lots of fun. Especially co-op seasons with a friend, had a great time with a mate yesterday and we played some lovely stuff.

Quite simply, I just think I don’t like playing against AI anymore. It’s either easy, unrealistic or both.

I see people here treating this like it's the best thing of the century...
And then i see also opinions from players like this...

I'm thinking of maybe buying it but i don't know man...
For 18 also many here were hyping the shit out of it and we saw how this came out in the end with all the patches...
I don't know if i can trust EA with this knowing that they can change it anytime...

I see people here treating this like it's the best thing of the century...
And then i see also opinions from players like this...

I'm thinking of maybe buying it but i don't know man...
For 18 also many here were hyping the shit out of it and we saw how this came out in the end with all the patches...
I don't know if i can trust EA with this knowing that they can change it anytime...
Dennis you clearly hate FIFA and love PES, and you seem to think people who enjoy Fifa are crazy.

At least try to be constructive, your posts always come across like you’re on a wind up.

Back
Top Bottom