Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Just a heads up to anyone on PS4 and Xbox that hasn’t started their Career Mode yet - don’t.

If you wait until update hits consoles, you will get 3rd kits added to lots of clubs.

If you’ve already started Career, they won’t show up and you will have to start it again.

Really annoying how EA lock this stuff down once a Career is already started.

Thanks.
Was thinking of starting one with palace.
Have a Dortmund one going as well

"late october" is the last official word i read!
Late October? Thought that was PES. I imagine FIFA patch will be a lot sooner than that.
Yeah @PRO_TOO, either you're talking about the PES patch or the next FIFA update with major gameplay changes, but I don't think I heard October for that one...

I assumed @P34SEMM was talking about the current PC patch that isn't out on consoles yet, which one of the EA community guys said would roll out around Monday (i.e. today).

Yeah @PRO_TOO, either you're talking about the PES patch or the next FIFA update with major gameplay changes, but I don't think I heard October for that one...

I assumed @P34SEMM was talking about the current PC patch that isn't out on consoles yet, which one of the EA community guys said would roll out around Monday (i.e. today).
:D sorry chris. i was mistaken... you know where i come from! ;)
FIFA19 1.02 should arrive in the next 24-48 hours.
the others game patch will come by the end of october.

Am I niave then ? Because I’m sure I got an update around a week ago. Online definitely felt different. Faster and end to end. Was that just me ? Offline felt different too.

Thanks Chris. You should of just said yes , you’re niave haha. I’m gobsmacked because online co op was great and the other night it was honestly comepletely different. Fast, easy to create chances. Bizarre.

Thanks Chris. You should of just said yes , you’re niave haha. I’m gobsmacked because online co op was great and the other night it was honestly comepletely different. Fast, easy to create chances. Bizarre.
It just entirely depends on the players - and the teams. I started playing FUT shortly after release (against all my instincts) and I was amazed, it was pretty slow, players were trying to play football, and I had some great games.

Within days, everyone's squads were absolutely crammed with superstars, and every match was pathetic. 1,000mph (never mind 100mph), people just spamming the pass button (to the point where 10% of the passes they kicked out of play in a panic, not even aiming their passes), constantly pressing and constantly using all-out-attack tactics.

You're not talking about FUT, I know, but once people get to grips with the game, this is how it goes. Sadly. But you get the odd good game, still.

I'm yet to find a game when applying semi/manual filters, but I'd love to see how those games felt.

It just entirely depends on the players - and the teams. I started playing FUT shortly after release (against all my instincts) and I was amazed, it was pretty slow, players were trying to play football, and I had some great games.

Within days, everyone's squads were absolutely crammed with superstars, and every match was pathetic. 1,000mph (never mind 100mph), people just spamming the pass button (to the point where 10% of the passes they kicked out of play in a panic, not even aiming their passes), constantly pressing and constantly using all-out-attack tactics.

You're not talking about FUT, I know, but once people get to grips with the game, this is how it goes. Sadly. But you get the odd good game, still.

I'm yet to find a game when applying semi/manual filters, but I'd love to see how those games felt.

I would say even more than the players, it's down to the quality of your connection.

Cause if you have a perfect connection, skill and football can win out this year against even the most pacey ping pong passing type of player. You still have to worry about OP timed finesse shots and corner kicks, but the run of play is far better than last year.

But if you don't have a perfect connection - which I find to be the case 2/3 matches - then it becomes a sweaty mess in which you've just gotta do whatever to win. If you play enough online, you can see why people make the complaints that they do - you know, the complaints which we in here all hate to hear and worry about.

Thing is, though the complaints are about "gameplay" the issue isn't really gameplay at all - this game is just poorly optimized for online play and if you don't have a perfect connection, the systems and features simply don't work well. The truth is that problems that don't arise in single player (or local multiplayer) do become an issue online.

Also, what Chris described above is really only viable in the lower divisions. In division one, no one is playing with all out pressing and all out attacking tactics since a skilled player can exploit that. So it really does depend.

Cheers chaps. We mostly play with Ajax and four star teams but the jump up in speed and ease of creating chances was dramatically obvious. I thought they had patched it so I complained to EA ha. Anyway, I hate it when the game plays you rather than the other way and you end up passing because the speed if it dictates to pass now. If you try to slow it down to play football, it’s feel like you’re fighting against the tide. Hopefully next time we go on, it will be different. I’ll try lower leagues but we struggled to get a game in the past and no one seems to play manual coop online.

Fut should be like premier fantasy. All players get one sum of cash to assemble a team. Would be far more interesting and balanced, but would obviously lead to far less income for ea sports, so never gonna happen.

What's up with freekicks and EA?
It must be a decision not to put them into the game?
I'm not buying that they can't implement them?
17-18-19 has been pretty much freekick free.
Is it because Esports doesn't look good with them.

If they keep going down this path they really need to put in a random/aggresion slider so we who doesn't play fut/eSport leagues can get a game with freekicks.
Not okay

Reading all the accounts of the game being "too easy", I've starting consider that I'm just becoming seriously bad at playing games. I'm getting spanked by cpu (legendary/semi controls) to the point that for the first time in years I'm thinking about start another career at top player.

Reading all the accounts of the game being "too easy", I've starting consider that I'm just becoming seriously bad at playing games. I'm getting spanked by cpu (legendary/semi controls) to the point that for the first time in years I'm thinking about start another career at top player.
World class is good enough for me,having love for underdogs I always play as a weaker side like Sunderland/Hull/Pompey etc and getting spanked constantly.
Ive also seen comments both here and on YouTube.
First rule when posting should be ass/semi/manual and team you play as.

started a CM with SD Eibar in La Liga--not sure I've ever enjoyed a game as much. Having to really play it around, good competition, getting walloped by the bigger clubs, and even some by the smaller teams. Playing WC difficulty, default sliders, semi on everything with manual through ball/lobbed through balls. Just scraped a draw at home with an injury time equalizer and had as an emotional reaction to a goal as I can remember.

Had been playing CM with Liverpool, same setup, and just didn't get the same feeling.

Bit meh about the game at the minute. Started a career mode with West Ham playing on Ultimate difficulty, full manual controls with 10 minute halves. Difficulty is just weird at times. I beat Arsenal 3-0 at the Emirates but struggle against teams who park the bus. I've figured out why and how this happens now. Good teams attack and have less men behind the ball. Therefore it is easier to create chances because the final third is less clogged. Playing against poorer teams is really hard on manual because they just retreat to the edge of their own box and it's impossible to play through them.

On ultimate, it also pretty much feels like I am playing the difficulty and not the opposition - Burnley and Brighton can play the same one touch football as City or Liverpool.

There are still a few bug bears within career mode too. Teams still hardly play their strongest teams against me. Played United and Romero was in net. Played Liverpool and Mignolet was in net. The league table is also a mess, just like it has been for the last few years. City are 11th after 12 games, Chelsea are 8th, Bournemouth are top. This is very basic stuff that EA are getting wrong. The transfers are also still crazy. Aguero to Dortmund, Hazard to United and Kroos to Spurs. Just weird.

Speaking of transfers, the transfer hub and having to go through the process of transferring from the player search to the hub is just excruciating. There also isn't really any flexibility with making deals. Players pull the plug if you delay by a couple of days, which is ridiculous. It's relatively easy to miss an email so it's mega frustrating when you "advance" only to go back to your inbox to see a player has ended negotiations. Not being able to resurrect the deal or renegotiate instantly is just daft. It's a rule that doesn't actually exist in the real world so not sure why it exists in game.

The fact that EA have removed the ability to alter kick off times within manager mode is also really annoying and I'm not sure why they would do such a thing. The game just looks better in daytime so it's annoying that I have to play dull looking night matches. I appreciate people like the realism of random kick offs but why not give people the option to make their own decision.

As an aside, one thing I would like to see in future career mode would be the ability to manage a team as their manager (instead of creating a manager). I'd quite like to do a career mode as Pep Guardiola for example.

With regards to the gameplay, there are some great aspects, but there are also some improvements to be made. Goalkeeping animations are absolutely terrible when compared to the other animations in game. They haven't been updated for years. Keepers look like Subbuteo keepers when they dive. They dive sideways but look really rigid when they do it. Some of ricochet's are ridiculous because the ball will fly miles up into the air, particularly if it's a one on one situation. Speaking of one on one, keepers react to them in the same manner as they do to a 30 yard shot. Surely it's about time we got a new set of animations for these situations, or at the very least, the keeper should make itself "look bigger" on one on ones. Look at how Hart and Keeper Schmeichel react to one on ones in real life. PES, for all its flaws, has absolutely nailed keeper animations this year.

Sticking with keepers and my other big gripe is the over arm throw that keepers randomly do when you want to just roll a ball out to a defender. Sometimes it's a rolls, sometimes it's a throw, but it's randomly generated

Passing seems strange, particularly on manual as passes just suddenly slow down. Reminds me of an air hockey table when the air isn't turned on. Its a bit of a deal breaker with manual at the minute to be honest, particularly as I can't really enjoy Fifa on assisted or semi.

And finally, the sliders are still gamebreaking. To counteract the CPU's ping pong one touch passing, I turned their passing error up to 65. What I found with this (just like last year and the year before) is that it actually only affects crosses. The CPU still plays the same ping pong faultless passing, but crosses constantly go behind for a goal kick.

Anyway, these are just my inane ramblings about a game that is struggling to capture my attention. I am sure I will come to enjoy it but it just seems littered with so many minor annoyances that it is difficult to persevere with at the minute.

Last edited:
Still playing the demo on WC and having some epic games with some great moments, only managed to win two games, ordered the full version tonight.

Starting to question my moral fabric as to why I'm enjoying a Fifa so much as I've always been a PES fan for as long as I can remember Not complaining btw. Cannot recall a Fifa being this fun that I want to play the same game again and again and tinker the tactics to see what changes they bring

Great to have such a good offering this year.

3 games in on my Sunderland save,started one with Pompey before that, played 4-5 games.
Theres a lot of good things in this game,a lot!
Problem is that sometimes the CPU pings their way out of trouble a bit to often
I see players skating quite often,but no deal-breakers.

But the freekick situation is doing my head in,after just 3 games
It's so annoying not getting freekicks when the CPU gets them for exactly the same "crime" shoulder barging/coming in from behind etc.
I've had one in my first 3,mid pitch!
They have to look that over.
Has there been any talks on social media over this?
And have they commented it?

Not being able to resurrect the deal or renegotiate instantly is just daft. It's a rule that doesn't actually exist in the real world so not sure why it exists in game.

The fact that EA have removed the ability to alter kick off times within manager mode is also really annoying and I'm not sure why they would do such a thing. The game just looks better in daytime so it's annoying that I have to play dull looking night matches. I appreciate people like the realism of random kick offs but why not give people the option to make their own decision.

As an aside, one thing I would like to see in future career mode would be the ability to manage a team as their manager (instead of creating a manager). I'd quite like to do a career mode as Pep Guardiola for example.

Aranatku's career mode table helps with those specific aspects on PC (for anyone who hasn't heard of it yet).

Surely it's about time we got a new set of animations for these situations, or at the very least, the keeper should make itself "look bigger" on one on ones. Look at how Hart and Keeper Schmeichel react to one on ones in real life. PES, for all its flaws, has absolutely nailed keeper animations this year.

Funnily enough the "Schmeichel star jump" is in Fifa19 and looks fantastic, I saw it recently when I scored a close range header, was thinking at the time I should record it now I wish I really had!

Back
Top Bottom