Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Agree with @ono5985 that the career mode can be frustrating.
One thing I do hate is negotiating the buying and selling of a player.
No idea why you can’t ask for the buying team to include one of their players in the deal.
Also sometimes a player can negotiate a new deal on less money than he’s on now. So after scoring say 25 goals he’ll ask for less money when we are discussing a new deal.
Also you’ve been a manager for 2 weeks then international offers come in.
Finally, your manager of some lowly club like Forest Green and breaking news through the game.....Harry Kane’s gone to PSG for £100m. Why would Forest Green be interested? We’re they in for him?.
What I’d like to see is the option to have the mode live so when you pick up the game in Sept you can start in Sept - with injuries and suspensions included. That’d be a great challenge. At the moment if you start as Lfc you can use Ox when he’s out all season. For those who pick game up at Xmas you’ll be just in time for Jan transfer window.
Would also like to be able to pick my own preseason friendlies.
Other than that it’s still a good mode but could just do some with tweaks.

Last edited:
Agree with @ono5985
Finally, your manager of some lowly club like Forest Green and breaking news through the game.....Harry Kane’s gone to PSG for £100m. Why would Forest Green be interested? We’re they in for him?.

Well, I am a league 2 player at Evoweb forum but I would care if Harry Kane was transferred to PSG or any other team. Why do you think big transfers often make the first page of sports papers (actually not only sports papers)?

Well, I am a league 2 player at Evoweb forum but I would care if Harry Kane was transferred to PSG or any other team. Why do you think big transfers often make the first page of sports papers (actually not only sports papers)?

Just seems odd to announce the transfer in a game 3 divisions below.
It’s like on tv when I’m watching for example Liverpool v Chelsea and they put the starting line ups of the next game along the botttom of the screen. Do they think Lfc and Chelsea fans care whose starting for Burnley and Watford?

Question.
If you are doing a CM will the new gameplay features be transferred to that mode via the patch about to drop?
Must be surely as you’d have to start a CM every time there was a patch.
I read someone saying 3rd kits via patch wouldn’t be implemented in CM but how about gameplay tweaks?

It's just football news if you love and play football all big signings are interesting imo.

Of course, but commentators at a League 2 game IRL wouldn't stop halfway through the match to chat about which fullback Man Utd have just signed, that's the point that's being made :)

Question.
If you are doing a CM will the new gameplay features be transferred to that mode via the patch about to drop?
Must be surely as you’d have to start a CM every time there was a patch.
I read someone saying 3rd kits via patch wouldn’t be implemented in CM but how about gameplay tweaks?

Well the first patch tweaks the poor sidefoot scuff shots and reduced bicycle kicks and that was immediately noticeable in my next CM game after the update :)

A few observations after playing a Career Mode on semi passing, semi shooting, and the rest manual - default sliders, professional.

- Form ruins the fun. The first few matches I had were tight and competitive, I lost, I drew, I nicked wins in the last minute, the game felt balanced and fun to play. 7-8 games in, all my players more or less peakes in form, arrows pointing up, they win everything out there, and the game is more about "how many goals will I win by?". More or less. Since starting that winning period I've only drew 3 games (against Inter, ManU and Arse*al, the first two being tight matches, the last one I dominated completely but missed too many sitters). So in essence - professional on default with a good team is simply too easy.

- I upped the difficulty to "world class" for an FA cup home game against Crewe Alexandra (one of the weakest teams in the game). They played like Man City on the counter, outrun every single one of my defenders (including Serge Aurier and Danny Rose, quick players), out muscled Harry Kane and Timo Werner up top - and at times played football like Barcelona 2010. Ridiculous. I still managed to edge it 4-3, but the cheat factor in that game was sky high, and the attributes of the players clearly didn't mean anything in that game. Which leads me to the third observation:

- On professional difficulty you can see contours of a team style. Certain teams play in certain ways, but their identity is weak, and they take a lot of odd decisions. They also "walk" around the pitch too much when they should be running. Yet, if you up the difficulty to world class, you get games like the one mentioned, against a one star team, that plays like Man City or Barcelona, which if course is totally unrealistic, in I lose the immersion in the game immediately.

- So for me at least, professional has the most promise, as it doesn't put the CPU in cheat mode, but it's just far too weak - not enough pressure on the man in possession, not enough sustained will or urgency going forward (at times though), a lot of silly decisions (like hitting the ball out of play when not pressed at all). It does show promise in glimpses, and I've had the CPU play really well against me in 10 minute spells, only to just fall into coma mode and being pawns in my total domination game. Again, I think form is the thing that offsets this, that makes my players just run circles around the opponents.

- I do see a lot of nice details in gameplay though. Little deflections here and there, players (even the CPU) doing the unexpected thing, certain games (especially when form isn't a factor) just feels absolutely brilliant. It has an identity like a real football match, it feels like it can stand on its own - I get completely immersed in the game, sitting on the edge of my seat.

- Lots and lots of varied goals. There are certain reoccuring goals (like back post headers), but in general I think it depends on your style of play. I don't think I've played a football game where there's been as big a variance in the type of goals you see. Half a season in I've scored three overhead kicks though, so those obviously need to be toned down.

- Atmosphere in certain games are fabulous. Just excellent. Home team turning on their side when they're down, home fans really cheering for their team if they're chasing an important goal towards the end etc.

But there really is one stand out thing for me that I wish we could get control over (ideally just turn off):

FORM.

It's the single most thing keeping me from enjoying what I believe would be an excellent football game at the moment. We simply don't need it. Let attributes do the talking on the pitch. I don't need a speed boost for Kane if he's in a good run of form, he's good enough as it is. In any case, if it has to be in there it should be turned down by 90% as it's simply way too overpowered and ruins the balance of the game.

Of course, but commentators at a League 2 game IRL wouldn't stop halfway through the match to chat about which fullback Man Utd have just signed, that's the point that's being made :)

If Gary Neville had moved to Barca it would've been spoken about at every ground by every commentator:P

@Daisuk when positive form hits I increase CPU marking and passing accuracy, lower first touch error etc. etc. Makes a big difference to balancing things up again. Fortunately I've been able to stay on Professional/Manual, one thing I'm thinking is to turn on timed shooting now I'm in the EPL to make things extra challenging for me! :)

If Gary Neville had moved to Barca it would've been spoken about at every ground by every commentator:P

Instead he went to Valencia and no shits were given ;)

@Daisuk when positive form hits I increase CPU marking and passing accuracy, lower first touch error etc. etc. Makes a big difference to balancing things up again. Fortunately I've been able to stay on Professional/Manual, one thing I'm thinking is to turn on timed shooting now I'm in the EPL to make things extra challenging for me! :)

Instead he went to Valencia and no shits were given ;)

I've also experimented with turning up the AI marking, but that only means that the guy on the ball gets more space to run into, as the defenders stick more closely to whoever it is that they're marking - so you're just sort of moving the problem around (as seems to be the general case with moving sliders about).

Regarding the time of day bug in Kick Off mode, people have found a workaround: It works fine when you disable live form. The strange thing is that I also tested this and it didn't work for me back then... Maybe they fixed it at least for the offline database in the first update.

You must start the game and you will see it.
I don't know if the download is already there, or it will be uploaded later today
https://fifaforums.easports.com/en/discussion/416513/gameplay-update-out-now-ps4/p1
20181009_102220.jpg

20181009_102233.jpg

20181009_102246.jpg
would be cool if someone can report on the gp changes on console. i get home late today...
is it the same as PC?!

Not sure its anything to do with the new patch on PS4, which I'm still not sure I've downloaded, although I did get the info screen as above. Played a career mode match and saw 4 yellow cards and including one for the AI after 20 secs.
Over a dozen fouls called in a 15 minute match. Excellent game on professional,still using Matt10's sliders.

Ahhh it's update time.

Cue:

"OMG they sped the game up its unplayable now"

and

"Its slower than ever. Its even too slow now, my striker doesnt even run anymore."

i love football games :LOL:

Still no patch available here. It's a bit odd if the gameplay is actually changed when they've not listed any gameplay changes in the patch details.

Still no patch available here. It's a bit odd if the gameplay is actually changed when they've not listed any gameplay changes in the patch details.
The offline gameplay is generated on your console, not server side.

Anything someone sees now isn't a result of the patch, if the patch wasn't downloaded.

I booted the game around an hour ago, no patch and no message for me (no patch when I tried to force the update via pressing the OPTIONS button / "check for update" from the main menu either). Will try again in a few hours!

Enjoyed pulling off this move from back to front, saw out the corner of my eye Hazard (Thorgan signed on a Bosman) was free and close to being offside so played the manual through ball first time:

Ending with a brutal foul/penalty/yellow by the CPU :)

Enjoyed pulling off this move from back to front, saw out the corner of my eye Hazard (Thorgan signed on a Bosman) was free and close to being offside so played the manual through ball first time:

Ending with a brutal foul/penalty/yellow by the CPU :)
WTF!? :SHOCK:
are you playing on regular/normal speed!? that pass from the sideline looked so damn WRONG!!! WTF!!!!!???? :R1
i am so glad i havent expirienced something like this my own. this is not even funny anymore!
i like the whole scene as you described it... but that pass... disgustingly hilarious, imo!!!

WTF!? :SHOCK:
are you playing on regular/normal speed!? that pass from the sideline looked so damn WRONG!!! WTF!!!!!???? :R1
Yeah I have to agree, this is why I don't subscribe to @Matt10's pass speed slider increase (I get why, especially for manual players, but IMO it looks crazy)! The latter half of the pass looks okay (and it's beautifully judged @Placebo, lovely), but that initial speed is like a bullet.

I do the opposite, and don't feel I see any negative effects (apart from the ball slowing down at the end, which I can live with - it does it by default and it's not much worse).

Back
Top Bottom