Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Enjoyed pulling off this move from back to front, saw out the corner of my eye Hazard (Thorgan signed on a Bosman) was free and close to being offside so played the manual through ball first time:

Ending with a brutal foul/penalty/yellow by the CPU :)

Indeed, even if you temporarily toggled the replay speed (which shouldn´t be the case according to the relative player movement), it pretty much sums up the weird ball physics this year.

The lack of fouls in this is ridiculous, real immersion killing stuff for me.

Which is even worse when the ref's wearing the opposing team's kit just to rub it in...

LIXWaMO.jpg

Just had a free kick at Bayern vs Lyon in CL. :)
It was the rematch in the semis (won 2:3 away in the first match). Did not score. Need to learn that for sure. :)
Upcoming is the final vs Barcelona. Rodriguez is missing due a shoulder injury.
Currently playing with semi shooting. It’s better for my mood. :D

Been playing on World Class since I got the game but have just played a few games on Professional. Think it might play a better game, CPU feels a bit less perfect and the foul count has gone up as well.

Which is even worse when the ref's wearing the opposing team's kit just to rub it in...

LIXWaMO.jpg
Haha!

That reminds me, I really wish we could change gk kits on both games.

I don’t like green gk kits, would love to use the second black option that some clubs have - now how hard would that be to include in the game?

Thank god.:) I miss the days when the keepers would just substitute the outfield shirt with either a green or yellow one.

WTF!? :SHOCK:
are you playing on regular/normal speed!? that pass from the sideline looked so damn WRONG!!! WTF!!!!!???? :R1
i am so glad i havent expirienced something like this my own. this is not even funny anymore!
i like the whole scene as you described it... but that pass... disgustingly hilarious, imo!!!
Fifa's pass physics in all it's glory...lol
It's really weird how much difference there is between shoot physics and pass physics in this game..
Shooting looks very good but passing below average..
This is a big letdown since passing and movement are the core of gameplay..
Add to this the twitchy unstable animations,the lack of fouls and the ridiculous for my taste stretched up Sterling-like running and they're the main reasons why i haven't bought this yet as i'm afraid i'm gonna regret wasting my money after 3 matches.

I was thinking this morning, how would EA make the game harder on higher difficulty levels?

Is it by increasing individual stats for the CPU teams by a percentage? If so, then the teams in the lower leagues would logically play faster because their passing speed and accuracy would have increased. This would increase the tika taka play that they would not normally do in real life.

Or would they just add more scripting?

It made me think more about those that are finding Legendary and Ultimate too easy this year. Is it because EA have toned down scripting? I never venture into those higher levels so i cannot answer myself.

Obviously there must be more to it than that but bizarrely i was thinking about it when i woke up.

Love they have put in the goal line tech system but it needs to work correctly.
Last night someone hit a shot in a friendly against me, hit the bar and bounced what looked like behind the line and a goal was given.
It was shown on the goal tech system where the goal goes blue - but you could see at least a quarter of the ball poking out and not over the line. Then the camera went above the goal to show the ball over the line and again it was clearly never over the line.
Looks great but needs to work properly.

So no patch this week? Any news?
i am watching the EA sports forum, where EA Andy replied, daily. nothing yet. i'll keep an eye on twitter too. but nothing yet.
looks like its not coming this week. i dont know what is up when something at Sonys goes wrong... do they deliver a week later or can the patch come every day then!?

eone hit a shot in a friendly against me, hit the bar and bounced what looked like behind the line and a goal was given.
It was shown on the goal tech system where the goal goes blue - but you could see at least a quarter of the ball poking out and not over the line. Then the camera went above the goal to show the ball over the line and again it was clearly never over the line.

Strange it worked correctly from my experience in the past, guess they decided to break it so it can be a new feature in Fifa20 ;)

So no patch this week? Any news?
I didnt have any yesterday evening.
And it was very strange. Last time i left it my sliders were set up perfectly. Yesterday i played one game and the sprint and players start to the ball was all over the place. It was like a car when its chocking. Fast-slow-fast-slow.. i was checking few times to see if I had sprint set to R1..
Had to switch it off half way.

I was thinking this morning, how would EA make the game harder on higher difficulty levels?

Is it by increasing individual stats for the CPU teams by a percentage? If so, then the teams in the lower leagues would logically play faster because their passing speed and accuracy would have increased. This would increase the tika taka play that they would not normally do in real life.

Or would they just add more scripting?

It made me think more about those that are finding Legendary and Ultimate too easy this year. Is it because EA have toned down scripting? I never venture into those higher levels so i cannot answer myself.

Obviously there must be more to it than that but bizarrely i was thinking about it when i woke up.

Both in PES and FIFA i try to lower my team stats as far as possible to give an advantage to the CPU. So you can improve the difficulty level without pushing the CPU to insane limits. This is pretty easy with sliders in FIFA, a little bit more complicated by stats adjustments in PES.

Unfortunatly both games are highly depending on legend(ary) level this year to maintain CPU urgency and halfway realistic player behaviour.

Love they have put in the goal line tech system but it needs to work correctly.
Last night someone hit a shot in a friendly against me, hit the bar and bounced what looked like behind the line and a goal was given.

At least you got to see it. I conceded a goal exactly like that last night and wasn't sure the ball had crossed the line. Goal given but no goal line replay was shown .

i was downing my sprint slider last night from 49 to 25 as advised in the slider thread (matt10).
it played very nice i have to say. always thought changing it from 49 to 25 would change everything. but it is just a subtle change.
headers, that look like that pass i was WTF'nig about yesterday, still are hurting my eyes! headers and passes on EPO, fouls n free kicks... fix that and i guess i'm good. :)

edit: btw: evo-web got a new follower on twitter! :)

Last edited:
Both in PES and FIFA i try to lower my team stats as far as possible to give an advantage to the CPU. So you can improve the difficulty level without pushing the CPU to insane limits. This is pretty easy with sliders in FIFA, a little bit more complicated by stats adjustments in PES.

Unfortunatly both games are highly depending on legend(ary) level this year to maintain CPU urgency and halfway realistic player behaviour.

Heh heh thakfully i’m pretty pants at the game so I find Professional CPU is enough for me at the moment. Playing as Southend with Semi assist passing and manual shooting if that makes a difference.

is the update out?! i am at work so i cant check!

edit: yeah. looks like it!! need reliable evoweb confirmation! :D

xbox patch is out too:

yeah, definitly out! it is all over twitter now!! cant wait to get home and try it!

Last edited:
Regarding goal line tech, i have had a couple. One when the ball hit the bar and bouced on the line. It was not over but they showed the goal line tech about 10 game time mins later. When the commentators had nothing else to talk about.

The other one was not shown in the match but was shown in the highlights at the end. The GK had caught the ball and was holding out from the goal. Didn't need the tech to be honest. I just hope they don’t begin to add VAR. Unless of course it means adding more free kicks ;)

Back
Top Bottom