Votes: 53 25.2%
  • I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
Who’s ready for some voice chat while playing fifa?! Discord is fine too.
I want to express myself... chat about the game....
@Emroth you got your mic yet?! What up with the wifey? ;)
Haha! No FIFA here. Gotta get up tomorrow at 5 again to work. I'll b playing over the weekend. Cant wait now to check the gameplay after the patch, since everybody seems so happy with it!

Haha! No FIFA here. Gotta get up tomorrow at 5 again to work. I'll b playing over the weekend. Cant wait now to check the gameplay after the patch, since everybody seems so happy with it!
Hit me with a message when you are ready to play either game with me (AND you got beer at stock)! :)
If you don’t have a mic... say so... I will help you out mate!
Have a good night sleep, Marty! Don’t let the Biff-Bugs bite ya! :LOL:

Played 3 matches post-patch on PS4 and enjoyed them all. So many different things happen in the matches.

One gripe I had pre-patch was that certain low-ranked teams that were set to "Possession" tactic were far too good at it, ping-ponging it around with passing accuracy of 90%+. Changing their tactical settings made no difference to how they played.

Could be luck, or placebo, but I've played once each against those same teams post-patch and whilst both still attempted to play a possession game, both were far more scrappy, played more variety of passes and had end-of-match passing accuracies of 80% and 78%. Was far more enjoyable and realistic to play against them.

In terms of free-kicks, I'm getting a reasonable number against the AI, both pre- and post-patch. In fact, I had one today where they tripped me at the edge of their box and whilst I was lining up the free-kick, the referee suddenly brought out the yellow card. I was confused and wondered if it was a buggy delayed reaction to the foul tackle, so watched the replay.....and spotted that the cpu's wall nudged forward slightly and the ref booked someone in the wall encroachment :)). First time I'd seen that one.

And someone please tell me: why do manual long balls from the keeper still feel assisted?! Man!! That’s so lovely in the other game.
I really like the ground kick offs from the keeper, where you can’t change the camera but change the direction with LS! That’s manual!! Power is applied manual too and you can see the result!
When the keeper got the ball in hands, it feels assisted. Doesn’t matter how detailed my controller input is... it feels assisted. :(
You just can’t just cant pin point where the ball has to go... don’t like that at all.

During a match I’m fine with manual settings... be it high, regular or low crosses (L1, Cross Button, R2 (I changed it with sprint on R1!)... I can put them where I want. But from the keepers hands.. it’s not really manual!!

ps: and shout me a holla when anyone wants to voice chat. I’m on. Day off tmw. So call me, guys!! :)

Last edited:
I'm seeing more aggression and fouls on legendary but trying to find sliders that stop west ham attacking like barcelona on speed. Ramping up pass error and first touch that has helped a bit but get to 70 mark and it completely wrecks crossing

Nothing I can find. I know West Brom's was missing, I think Bristol City's was too? I've heard there's plenty, but I can't find a list. Last person to mention it was @Mikhail (see below) - any idea, Mikhail?
No haven’t got any idea sorry guys..

Hoping villa get their 3rd kit ;)

Going to test this now haven’t tried it since update

I think the way the ball slows down is just about perfect. We definitely don't want it back the way it used to be in past FIFA games where it would roll too much and everything was going out of play.

Totally agree. I'd rather the ball be inclined to stay in than have everything fly off the pitch like in previous iterations. Not just for long balls, but I swear tackles within like, 10-yards of the touchline resulted in the ball going out far too often. It felt a bit predetermined and was very frustrating.

1 game post-patch vs 100 star team on amateur (FUT)

won 1-0 with striker getting sent off for 2 yellows - for what seems like tame things like tapping X (probabably at wrong time).

i'm already having difficulty defending and if i'm going to get penalised with weak yellows, patch seems like a downgrade to me

cannot comment on whether passing has improved...i'm crap at passing both pre-patch and post-patch

by the way ...i think FUT is overly complicated...as if squad building challenges wasnt enough they have some "FUT swap" thing going on. Its put me off going into the squad building section. A good idea overcooked.

Last edited:
Just had an excellent game in the Carabao Cup Round 1. Southend v Hull. I checked before and Hull were without a win in the league. They played like it too kept making mistakes. We went 1-0 up through Hyam then at half time they brought Fraizer Campbell on and midway through the second half Evandro.

They started to play better but we held on and got a breakaway goal 2-0. With 5 mins left they brought one back but we held on. So happy first win in the cup and in the season. Next up Stoke at home.

Played half a dozen matches post patch and don't really have strong feelings. It plays better but the difference is marginal in the run of play, though the fix to shooting was definitely needed. Quite pleased with shooting now.

But I'm struggling to feel bothered to play considering how easy CM is even on Ultimate. It's a shame too because in FUT Squad Battles I'm winning only about 50% of my matches on just Legendary. Biggest issue in CM is just how silly easy it is to create chances because the CPU defenders are pathetic.

Here's an example below. This is James Milner dribbling 30 yards without a single defender bothering to apply pressure. Then Pulisic misses a chance but again no defender bothered to try to stop him. I went half the length of the pitch without a single tackle attempted by the CPU. Not a single one. You'd think on the highest difficulty in the game it'd be just a tad more difficult.

I won the match 0-5. I had 25 attempts and the match easily could've been 0-10 but I not only took my foot off the gas but I missed some sitters, almost as if the game intentionally chose for me to miss. Such a shame because otherwise gameplay, for the most part, is pretty great this year.

Totally agree. I'd rather the ball be inclined to stay in than have everything fly off the pitch like in previous iterations. Not just for long balls, but I swear tackles within like, 10-yards of the touchline resulted in the ball going out far too often. It felt a bit predetermined and was very frustrating.

Agreed - the long diagonal balls into space (that your players now actually reach) is probably my favourite thing in the game. In the past, there was little point trying these passes as either they went out of play or if you tried to hit it with slightly less power, it always seemed to be just the right level of under-hit to be scripted onto the defenders head. The way it is now opens up the game so nicely. It does sometimes looks like it slows a bit too quickly but they can iron that out in time.

re. the tackles 10 yards from touchline scripted to go out every time - a feature still very much alive and well in PES. And those tackles not near the touchline still scripted to the next cpu player.....boring......time to move on, Konami.

And someone please tell me: why do manual long balls from the keeper still feel assisted?! Man!! That’s so lovely in the other game.
I really like the ground kick offs from the keeper, where you can’t change the camera but change the direction with LS! That’s manual!! Power is applied manual too and you can see the result!
When the keeper got the ball in hands, it feels assisted. Doesn’t matter how detailed my controller input is... it feels assisted. :(
You just can’t just cant pin point where the ball has to go... don’t like that at all.

During a match I’m fine with manual settings... be it high, regular or low crosses (L1, Cross Button, R2 (I changed it with sprint on R1!)... I can put them where I want. But from the keepers hands.. it’s not really manual!!

ps: and shout me a holla when anyone wants to voice chat. I’m on. Day off tmw. So call me, guys!! :)

One additional thing FIFA is carrying around since FIFA17: If you want to play a lofted ball directly from a reveived pass on full manual, the game overrides the power input. So even light button taps result in high balls going more far away than you intended. It is very limiting to creative buildup and doesn´t make any sense to me.

First game I played post patch was an exhibition Liverpool against Man UTD which I went 2:0 up after 10 mins thanks partly to a penalty and sending off by Phil Jones. The rest of the game, however the united ai were able to effortlessly ping the ball with out any error. After 90mins the game was 2:2 so I ended the match as a draw because the game felt like my team was at distinct disadvantage.

On another note, why oh why is their still not a way to permanently disable trainer option so I don't have to pause every offline match just turn it off manually?
I sincerely hope Pes Devs fix the Ai in the next few weeks because this update has put me off FIFA.

Last edited:
I’m not feeling this at all at the moment. I’m with @mfmaxpower in regards to difficulty...game is too easy in Career I score when I want

I will have to put this on semi assists to make it harder but then the CPU will still ping pong the ball around like Barcelona

Played against Leicester in my most recent match and they played perfect one touch football all the way from their goal mouth to mine but they couldn’t score.

I wouldn’t mind if game was harder but stuff like this just makes me bored after a while...it’s so near yet so far again for me

I’m in a weird place with this at moment. I’m having loads of fun with Forza horizon 4 so might just stick to that and hope that EA address how easy this game is and also address the tiki taka rubbish

I can’t play on professional or world class either because I can win matches 3-0, 4-0 every time there is zero challenge. Everyone on Career Mode sub reddit just replies with “play manual” but like I said before, how is that realistic? Jack Grealish having to think about and perfectly time a short pass every single time? And the CPU still doesn’t play any differently regardless of what assists or lack of assists I use. Manual doesn’t solve anything apart from making the game frustrating and dull [for me of course, if you enjoy I am pleased for you and jealous in fact!]

And I play as Aston Villa so I am not blessed with amazing players

Ultimate team is supposed to be difficulty but I loathe that mode and really don’t want to play the fantasy card game crap

Who is that Jack Greilish, some sort of new Xavi? Yeah at least give a proper go to semi if you haven't yet.

May be you can switch to a more zoomed in camera to make game harder for you. You will better see little details and animations and at the same time you will be forced to use more the radar or rely on closer passing options. Zoomed out camera can make the game easy cause you can immediately see the gaps. No footballer has that sort of omniscient view of the pitch while playing.

Had a few games before work this morning, on Professional as always (which has always been enough of a challenge for me this year), but out of nowhere (almost definitely because of form, and because of signing a couple of free transfers), it was easier than usual. I finished my first game with 19 shots to the opponent's 5 (they were a bottom half team but even so, it felt like they weren't trying).

Also, every shot I hit from distance was a fizzer that the keeper couldn't hold onto, so he was spilling the ball out for corners over and over. I upped the shot error and goalkeeping ability sliders but didn't feel it helped.

My worry now is that, if I go up to World Class, the dreaded tiki-taka comes into play.

Still plays a fantastic game of football, IMO - just need to find a new balance, I think.

I consider myself a fairly good player of football games - played them from 1983 to now - but I just cannot master Fifa like I could with PES and the other games I played on Spectrum, Megadrive etc.

Im playing on Pro and getting some hidings and winning a few so its a good balance for me.

@Mikhail have you tried full manual? If not at least try manual shooting. I am not a great player and i only play about twice a day. But since the patch manual passing has become slightly easier.

Regarding short passing, i just take my time to make sure that passing lane is free. With manual you can play into space so your player can run onto it.

Also, i play on 10min half now so that it is not so rushed.

I feel stats still come into affect. For example i was running through on goal with my young DMF with about 58 OVR, his shot was scuffed and went wide. Then later in the same match my striker was in the same situation and although he still missed his shot was far more direct if that makes sense. Just one small example. But i find the same with passing too.

One last thing, my passing accuracy at the end is normally about 60% which is pretty bad but is it because i am more imaginative playing balls into space etc...? If my pass is into space does it count as a misplaced pass? Maybe. I don’t pay much attention to the stats only shots on target etc... Some CPU teams have 90% but when I reflect on the game Southend (me) were playing better. I really wish they did not include that stat, just possession would have been good enough.

Give it a go though at least for a few games. The game is playing very well for me but like I said I only play a couple games a day so maybe that is why.

With this patch, the game became really really good.
With the better ball physics, passes and shooting are more fluid and natural.
I have made 7-8 games, and its were very cool.
Manchester City vs Manchester united : 1-1
https://xboxclips.com/Saturator/5857fb76-da8e-4b46-8571-1082324278f4
I love this game.
If they increase fouls, injuries, tiredness and
underpowered headers with more natural mouvements, this FIFA 19 could be a real masterpiece

@Mikhail have you tried full manual? If not at least try manual shooting. I am not a great player and i only play about twice a day. But since the patch manual passing has become slightly easier.

Regarding short passing, i just take my time to make sure that passing lane is free. With manual you can play into space so your player can run onto it.

Also, i play on 10min half now so that it is not so rushed.

I feel stats still come into affect. For example i was running through on goal with my young DMF with about 58 OVR, his shot was scuffed and went wide. Then later in the same match my striker was in the same situation and although he still missed his shot was far more direct if that makes sense. Just one small example. But i find the same with passing too.

One last thing, my passing accuracy at the end is normally about 60% which is pretty bad but is it because i am more imaginative playing balls into space etc...? If my pass is into space does it count as a misplaced pass? Maybe. I don’t pay much attention to the stats only shots on target etc... Some CPU teams have 90% but when I reflect on the game Southend (me) were playing better. I really wish they did not include that stat, just possession would have been good enough.

Give it a go though at least for a few games. The game is playing very well for me but like I said I only play a couple games a day so maybe that is why.

I played four matches on my Wimbledon career mode yesterday on full manual (professional). Lost every game 1-0. Had a few through on goal situations, but everytime my players just blasted the ball over. Manual shooting is a bit odd to me, but I guess it will come with time. Anyways, it was really hard without feeling like I was cheated. Felt like playing with the default ML squad back in the good ol' PES days. Think I'll stick with it for a while.

Played Spurs vs Hull in a friendly later to check, and the Spurs players are definitely better passers and finishers, despite it being on full manual. Won 3-0, and could easily have scored more. Felt like a well balanced game.

I think full manual on professional is the way forward for me with this game - feels like the right challenge without being cheated. Semi-assisted became a bit too easy once form kicked in. I reckon full manual will keep it relatively hard. So cheers for the feedback! :) What power bar settings are you using though? I upped mine to 60, and it feels fine with Spurs, but very underpowered with Wimbledon (but on 70, every shot I shoot just blasts over).

Full manual is great fun in this game. First time I've gone back to it for years because of the improved nature of this game.

Here's some tips if you're interested in just trying it:

1) In the sliders, try putting AI passing speed ten points below yours. This isn't a cheat, it's just that manual passing isn't nearly as fast as the CPU's. I use 50/40. Increasing Power Bar to 55 or 60 can also help with this.
2) Also try increasing First Touch Error to something like 65 or more, just to make the AI less instantaneous in its reactions, more manual-like. Might like to lower acceleration to 49 for the same reason.
3) Play on "slow" and "professional". If you're finding it too easy, increase AI sprint speed.
4) Choose your camera. My favourite camera in the game is Broadcast, but I find it impossible to play manual with it. I use Co-op, zoom 20, height 0.

Hope that helps anybody tempted at having a go.

The game and the pace feels better to me, first touch looks more heavy where the ball will have a little bounce and not just get glue to the player feet. Also seen more first time shots from outside the box and more fouls too. This is on Professional, Slow and default sliders

Been playing on World Class, Slow Speed, Semi-assisted passing and crossing.
Playing as Notts Forest in CM, been languishing around the mid table mark, but since the patch, the game appears harder, COM teams are pressing me like and and there's little space to play into.

So much so I had to notch the difficulty down to Professional for the last few matches, and still lost.

Have now slipped down to 20th, only 5 pts off bottom.

Have a FIFA CM blog running over at FIFAFX would be great to see some of you guys over there.

I played four matches on my Wimbledon career mode yesterday on full manual (professional). Lost every game 1-0. Had a few through on goal situations, but everytime my players just blasted the ball over. Manual shooting is a bit odd to me, but I guess it will come with time. Anyways, it was really hard without feeling like I was cheated. Felt like playing with the default ML squad back in the good ol' PES days. Think I'll stick with it for a while.

Played Spurs vs Hull in a friendly later to check, and the Spurs players are definitely better passers and finishers, despite it being on full manual. Won 3-0, and could easily have scored more. Felt like a well balanced game.

I think full manual on professional is the way forward for me with this game - feels like the right challenge without being cheated. Semi-assisted became a bit too easy once form kicked in. I reckon full manual will keep it relatively hard. So cheers for the feedback! :) What power bar settings are you using though? I upped mine to 60, and it feels fine with Spurs, but very underpowered with Wimbledon (but on 70, every shot I shoot just blasts over).

I’m pleased you have given it a go. Yes manual shooting can be a bit off but i think that’s the stats kicking in. It feels quite satisfying when you score on manual. Also try manual crosses as it tones down the easy headers. Some of my crosses go over the place but when you get a good one in it is quite satisfying. Have you tried R2 crossing? It drills the ball into the box where anything can happen.

I use 70 power bar with Southend. But i may notch it down a bit.

Also I up the the first touch error to i think 60 just to add that bit of randomness.

I messed a bit with World Champion level in the last days.

Tried to start several careers- one with Milan, and the other with Napoli, but just one-two games each and it felt really off, with a lot of super frustrating moments.

Then I started a Valencia one and the game shined in the two matches I did. For first, playing at Mestalla is beautiful; for second, had a great first 0-0 against Atletico Madrid, and then I won 2-3 against Espanyol in the subsequent game (even had a penalty). Truly loved using Guedes, Mina or Soler; there is that confidence you can take on the one v one that makes you appreciate all the individuality. I especially love the R2 stick dribbling, I think it's magnificent this year and with some sudden use of it (whatever a turn or a last second before the opposition tackle) I've even grabbed some foul (which are still criminally few, just to specify).

Now I've seen all my players with the up arrow form, and it's worrying me. I truly hope they won't turn the game in an easy walk in the park. I don't get it, anyway.. does it stay this way from now till the end of the season? No variation? That's something that makes no sense and they should fix, if that's the case.

All that said, still loving the game. I could always play Champions Leagues alone or FA Cups all year long and be more than satisfied if the gameplay stay like this.

Played half a dozen matches post patch and don't really have strong feelings. It plays better but the difference is marginal in the run of play, though the fix to shooting was definitely needed. Quite pleased with shooting now.

But I'm struggling to feel bothered to play considering how easy CM is even on Ultimate. It's a shame too because in FUT Squad Battles I'm winning only about 50% of my matches on just Legendary. Biggest issue in CM is just how silly easy it is to create chances because the CPU defenders are pathetic.

Here's an example below. This is James Milner dribbling 30 yards without a single defender bothering to apply pressure. Then Pulisic misses a chance but again no defender bothered to try to stop him. I went half the length of the pitch without a single tackle attempted by the CPU. Not a single one. You'd think on the highest difficulty in the game it'd be just a tad more difficult.

I won the match 0-5. I had 25 attempts and the match easily could've been 0-10 but I not only took my foot off the gas but I missed some sitters, almost as if the game intentionally chose for me to miss. Such a shame because otherwise gameplay, for the most part, is pretty great this year.

I have to agree.
I didn't want to say anything because no one else was saying anything, so I thought it could just be me being paranoid. So I decided to wait until console got the update too and see what came up afterwards.
But, I've been playing with the update for 10 days now (I'm on PC, obviously) and the game hasn't quite been the same since. I can't put my finger on what's been changed but I get less randomness in my games, less "OH!" situations.

I'm playing on Legendary (switched from World Class a couple of days ago) because I thought it would be more challenging, but no. Still winning 3-0, 4-0, 5-0. I can't say "they broke the game" because that would be unfair. But they definitely messed it up a little bit.

Lucky for me I made a back up but having to restore it every single time I want to play is a little annoying.

Plus, the bug with shooting in V1.0 was really annoying.
So I kind of don't know what to do now.

Back
Top Bottom