• I have already pre-ordered it

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • I'll wait for the sales to get it cheaper

Votes: 30 14.3%
  • I'm still not sure

Votes: 53 25.2%

• Total voters
I have to agree.
I didn't want to say anything because no one else was saying anything, so I thought it could just be me being paranoid. So I decided to wait until console got the update too and see what came up afterwards.
But, I've been playing with the update for 10 days now (I'm on PC, obviously) and the game hasn't quite been the same since. I can't put my finger on what's been changed but I get less randomness in my games, less "OH!" situations.

I'm playing on Legendary (switched from World Class a couple of days ago) because I thought it would be more challenging, but no. Still winning 3-0, 4-0, 5-0. I can't say "they broke the game" because that would be unfair. But they definitely messed it up a little bit.

Lucky for me I made a back up but having to restore it every single time I want to play is a little annoying.

Plus, the bug with shooting in V1.0 was really annoying.
So I kind of don't know what to do now.

You could decrease your sliders (player speed/acceleration).

You could decrease your sliders (player speed/acceleration).

I did tweak them a bit.
The problem is, dribbling is already nearly impossible in FIFA since 17. If I decrease my sprint and acceleration sliders, it would just make literally impossible. Which is something I can't tolerate in a football game. I always set both to +1 or +2 in comparison to what I set for the AI. So I upped the pass and shot error for me, and up the GK ability for the AI. And while it made the game a little better, the feeling from version 1.0 is still not there. The randomness I loved SO much isn't there with the new update.

I did tweak them a bit.
The problem is, dribbling is already nearly impossible in FIFA since 17. If I decrease my sprint and acceleration sliders, it would just make literally impossible. Which is something I can't tolerate in a football game. I always set both to +1 or +2 in comparison to what I set for the AI. So I upped the pass and shot error for me, and up the GK ability for the AI. And while it made the game a little better, the feeling from version 1.0 is still not there. The randomness I loved SO much isn't there with the new update.

I see. There is nothing worse than a football game that isn´t challenging...

I have to agree.
I didn't want to say anything because no one else was saying anything, so I thought it could just be me being paranoid. So I decided to wait until console got the update too and see what came up afterwards.
But, I've been playing with the update for 10 days now (I'm on PC, obviously) and the game hasn't quite been the same since. I can't put my finger on what's been changed but I get less randomness in my games, less "OH!" situations.

I'm playing on Legendary (switched from World Class a couple of days ago) because I thought it would be more challenging, but no. Still winning 3-0, 4-0, 5-0. I can't say "they broke the game" because that would be unfair. But they definitely messed it up a little bit.

Lucky for me I made a back up but having to restore it every single time I want to play is a little annoying.

Plus, the bug with shooting in V1.0 was really annoying.
So I kind of don't know what to do now.

How do you restore the back up by the way mate just for reference. I made a copy of the vanilla game when it first came out.

How do you restore the back up by the way mate just for reference. I made a copy of the vanilla game when it first came out.

The way I have it set up is like this:
In the Origin Games folder, you have the FIFA 19 main folder, so I made my back up and put it right there and named it "_BACKUP 1.0"
So now inside the Origin Games folder, you have two folders.
-FIFA 19
-FIFA 19_BACKUP 1.0

So run FIFA 19, and when the pre-launch screen appears (with the PLAY, GAME SETTINGS and EXIT screen), you simply rename the folders:
-FIFA 19 -> FIFA 19_ORIG
-FIFA 19_BACKUP 1.0 -> FIFA 19

Then hit PLAY.
Remember to revert the names to what they were after playing.

The way I have it set up is like this:
In the Origin Games folder, you have the FIFA 19 main folder, so I made my back up and put it right there and named it "_BACKUP 1.0"
So now inside the Origin Games folder, you have two folders.
-FIFA 19
-FIFA 19_BACKUP 1.0

So run FIFA 19, and when the pre-launch screen appears (with the PLAY, GAME SETTINGS and EXIT screen), you simply rename the folders:
-FIFA 19 -> FIFA 19_ORIG
-FIFA 19_BACKUP 1.0 -> FIFA 19

Then hit PLAY.
Remember to revert the names to what they were after playing.

Cheers mate, will give this a go.

Game feels different for me too after the update, be tough to call it worse or better, but it is different. So many variables though, I've been playing when feeling a bit tired recently and that's never a good idea when analysing a game.

FFS

Just beat a team 2-1. the game completes but then says server disconnected and log back in and get a 3-0 loss for that game.

starting to get on my nerves.

getting that "wasting my time" feeling I had with PES. not good.

I messed a bit with World Champion level in the last days.

Tried to start several careers- one with Milan, and the other with Napoli, but just one-two games each and it felt really off, with a lot of super frustrating moments.

Then I started a Valencia one and the game shined in the two matches I did. For first, playing at Mestalla is beautiful; for second, had a great first 0-0 against Atletico Madrid, and then I won 2-3 against Espanyol in the subsequent game (even had a penalty). Truly loved using Guedes, Mina or Soler; there is that confidence you can take on the one v one that makes you appreciate all the individuality. I especially love the R2 stick dribbling, I think it's magnificent this year and with some sudden use of it (whatever a turn or a last second before the opposition tackle) I've even grabbed some foul (which are still criminally few, just to specify).

Now I've seen all my players with the up arrow form, and it's worrying me. I truly hope they won't turn the game in an easy walk in the park. I don't get it, anyway.. does it stay this way from now till the end of the season? No variation? That's something that makes no sense and they should fix, if that's the case.

All that said, still loving the game. I could always play Champions Leagues alone or FA Cups all year long and be more than satisfied if the gameplay stay like this.

Form is definitely waaaaaay overpowered, and it makes the game unbalanced. I wish they either tone it down or make it possible to turn off. Form is without a doubt my one main gripe about this game (and was last year too) - if it's off, or when your players aren't on an upward arrow, the game simply feels more balanced.

Last edited:
@Mikhail have you tried full manual? If not at least try manual shooting. I am not a great player and i only play about twice a day. But since the patch manual passing has become slightly easier.

Regarding short passing, i just take my time to make sure that passing lane is free. With manual you can play into space so your player can run onto it.

Also, i play on 10min half now so that it is not so rushed.

I feel stats still come into affect. For example i was running through on goal with my young DMF with about 58 OVR, his shot was scuffed and went wide. Then later in the same match my striker was in the same situation and although he still missed his shot was far more direct if that makes sense. Just one small example. But i find the same with passing too.

One last thing, my passing accuracy at the end is normally about 60% which is pretty bad but is it because i am more imaginative playing balls into space etc...? If my pass is into space does it count as a misplaced pass? Maybe. I don’t pay much attention to the stats only shots on target etc... Some CPU teams have 90% but when I reflect on the game Southend (me) were playing better. I really wish they did not include that stat, just possession would have been good enough.

Give it a go though at least for a few games. The game is playing very well for me but like I said I only play a couple games a day so maybe that is why.
I will persist with semi and maybe manual mate thanks.

I have a love hate relationship with this game. It’s obviously very good and I still think it’s the best Fifa of all time...I just get annoyed by many of the flaws.

I just need to play it and not think about it so much I guess

I especially love the R2 stick dribbling, I think it's magnificent this year and with some sudden use of it (whatever a turn or a last second before the opposition tackle) I've even grabbed some foul (which are still criminally few, just to specify).

R2 stick dribbling? whats this?

The problem with switching to semi or manual to increase the difficulty is that for the first year that I can remember, passing at default isn't OP. In my Liverpool CM, I'm averaging around 85% passing accuracy. That's pretty much spot-on with what Liverpool averages IRL. That's pretty shocking considering I'm used to seeing 90-95% pass completion rates in FIFA.

And if you watched the video I posted earlier, passing wasn't the issue at all. It was a total lack of aggression, intensity, effort... whatever you want to call it by the CPU. Now I was playing a shit lower table team in Huddersfield, so keeping a clean sheet against them didn't bother me at all - I'm actually happy that it's a little easier to keep clean sheets this year since it felt like before the CPU would always earn some BS goal they didn't deserve.

The problem is that all teams at that level present challenges to even elite teams when it comes to defending and preventing scoring chances. But that's not the case this year in FIFA. Oddly enough, EA did a solid job getting rid of all the exploits from last year that allowed for easy goals, so it's not like I can point to one or a few specific flaws that allow for easy goals. It's just a general lack of challenge.

I'll probably do what I always do and play a CM with a lower league absolutely shit team so that I can enjoy a challenge at least in the beginning, but it's generally pretty easy in FIFA to turn a team into a top team so eventually it'll get too easy again. Such a shame because otherwise gameplay is really solid this year.

That s it im done with online division rivals, there are definite hacks in the game where a player with 83 rating can be faster and doesn t tire for the whole game,against my team which is very close to his on ratings, all his players are faster and can intercept every pass i make, sorry but this is not real...

Why?
I had it like that in Version 1.0 too and it felt much better.

You was saying that you are finding it quite easy. But with your sprint speed and acceleration higher than the CPU that gives you an advantage.

If you keep them the same you will still be able to get away from the CPU with faster players. But it should make it more difficult for you. Just a suggestion.

I think playing pro clubs co-op with a like minded friend is quite fun. And also it is more of a challenge. For Players finding CM too Easy pro clubs mode may be an alternative. I know that There are players who are skill move maniacs but when you encounter an opponent who knows how to play proper football it Becomes very exciting and fun and also challenging.

Hey guys, one question about that patch. Had i start a new career or the patch patch take it on your running career?

Thanks

Hey guys, one question about that patch. Had i start a new career or the patch patch take it on your running career?

Thanks
No need to start again to get the gameplay changes. Only if you wish to see all the new third kits.

Reactions: Dom
if you install the patch on PS4, can you ever go back to pre-patch (e.g. by uninstalling and reinstalling the game)?

if you install the patch on PS4, can you ever go back to pre-patch (e.g. by uninstalling and reinstalling the game)?

Yeah, but it's unlikely you'll be able to do anything on-line with the game if you're using the unpatched version, and that includes both being unable to play online and also being unable to download squad updates that EA publish. You'll be limited to exactly as it came on the DVD.

Played about 10 matches post patch and must say it feels good.
Hard to point out exactly what, but it does feel smoother than pre-patch.

I have Always played FIFA on pro level. Right now i'm playing a season with Ajax. I'm undefeated and score approx 3 to 4 goals per game.....it feels too easy. I'm using Matt10 sliders version Beta 4.

So, i upped the level to world class.
Played 2 matches : Chelsea (me) vs ……. i won 3-0. Was a nice match, felt i still had time on the ball and the opponent wasn't playing tiki taka.

2nd match Munited (me) vs Mcity. I won 2-0. Again a nice match. Lots of pressure from City but was able to play my way out of it.
They did do some tiki taka, but it wasn't over the top and it was defendable.

So, first time for me on world class and i win both games. I know it's not a big sample size, but it does fee easier than 18.
Not complaining though, still loving the game.

auto settings, might have to go to semi at some point.
Played another league match with Ajax against AZ, ended in a 1-1 draw.
Very tough match, hard to create anything and AZ equalized in extra time, 92nd minute. Deserved it too.

Will never understand when people state the game is too easy and then reveal they are on either full or semi auto settings. If you still find it easy on full manual then fair enough but it’s silly to berate a game for its difficulty if you’re deliberately using assisted settings. Imagine playing an F1 game where it brakes for you and you didn’t receive any car damage and then complained it was too easy to win races.

here we go again….the full manual discussion.
Never have played full manual, never will.

I'm comparing the game to '18, seems easier. I have already gone up to world class, sliders can do the rest.
Might go to semi, but not to full manual. Just my choice as i'm really not that good at FIFA.

Will never understand when people state the game is too easy and then reveal they are on either full or semi auto settings. If you still find it easy on full manual then fair enough but it’s silly to berate a game for its difficulty if you’re deliberately using assisted settings. Imagine playing an F1 game where it brakes for you and you didn’t receive any car damage and then complained it was too easy to win races.

Sigh. There's so many issues with this point of view.

First is the simple fact that not everyone wants the prime determinant of match outcomes to be determined by their ability to aim with the stick. I get that from shooting games; that's not what I'm seeking with FIFA.

Next is that to make manual truly viable, most people are going to need to make substantial adjustments to sliders. But whenever you do that, there's knock on effects, often negative ones. For some that's fine; for others like myself making those changes turns the game into something I don't enjoy.

Then there's the fact that some of us actually enjoy playing a bit of multiplayer as well as single player, not to mention single player in FUT, and playing manual isn't an option. So basically I'm playing, getting used to, and having to master two different games. I don't know about others but playing manual and/or with sliders totally screws me up for playing multiplayer at default.

And then there's issue with realism. If I suck with manual, then all the sudden that lessens realistic abilities and individuality - watching David Silva making terrible simple passes is neither realistic nor the type of game I'd like to play. The reality is that when you play with manual, the role of user input is increased which logically decreases the role of stats and context. As a dev once put it, playing manual you still have the same ceiling cap for what a player can achieve based on his stats, but the floor for how bad they can be is removed. That's just not for me.

Also when it comes to realism, I'm simply not able to recreate elite level passing moves in tight spaces unless I make major slider adjustments. I played FUMA for many years and I never could replicate the slick moves that you can do with assisted settings. Not only is that unrealistic when playing with top teams, but it puts you at a major disadvantage.

FIFA 19 is also a different game than prior FIFAs, especially when it comes to passing accuracy at default. Every year prior to this one passing accuracy for the user when playing at default was typically always 90+%, even with shitty teams. This year in both my Liverpool CM and my FUT Squad Battles team, which consists of all elite players, I'm averaging mid-80s. That's exactly what you'd want to be seeing (Liverpool in the EPL last year averaged 84%). Unlike previous years, passing in this game is not OP at default and it ain't the reason CM is too easy.

Maybe you missed my post before with this video below. As you can see, I was able to create an easy scoring chance and it had nothing to do with passing; on any assistance setting I'd be able to replicate that. The problem was the CPU defense - on the highest difficulty setting - didn't attempt a single tackle while I dribbled half the pitch and into the opposition box.

And finally it's just the principle of it. Most AAA games offer a difficulty setting that will be challenging while playing at default settings. Konami can do it (albeit in maybe a really cheaty kinda way); why can't EA? I mean jeezus, there's what, 7 difficulty settings now in FIFA? Shouldn't at least one be challenging at default? I certainly think so.

There's more I could mention (like how manual has it's own unique issues) but I think I've made my point. So you say it's crazy to complain about difficulty at default assistance settings. I say it's crazy that a AAA game like FIFA - that has 7 friggin difficulty settings - doesn't offer a challenging experience at default settings.

And remember too - that difficulty does exist in the single player experience this year. It's just in FUT Squad Battles, not in CM.

Sigh. There's so many issues with this point of view.

First is the simple fact that not everyone wants the prime determinant of match outcomes to be determined by their ability to aim with the stick. I get that from shooting games; that's not what I'm seeking with FIFA.

Next is that to make manual truly viable, most people are going to need to make substantial adjustments to sliders. But whenever you do that, there's knock on effects, often negative ones. For some that's fine; for others like myself making those changes turns the game into something I don't enjoy.

Then there's the fact that some of us actually enjoy playing a bit of multiplayer as well as single player, not to mention single player in FUT, and playing manual isn't an option. So basically I'm playing, getting used to, and having to master two different games. I don't know about others but playing manual and/or with sliders totally screws me up for playing multiplayer at default.

And then there's issue with realism. If I suck with manual, then all the sudden that lessens realistic abilities and individuality - watching David Silva making terrible simple passes is neither realistic nor the type of game I'd like to play. The reality is that when you play with manual, the role of user input is increased which logically decreases the role of stats and context. As a dev once put it, playing manual you still have the same ceiling cap for what a player can achieve based on his stats, but the floor for how bad they can be is removed. That's just not for me.

Also when it comes to realism, I'm simply not able to recreate elite level passing moves in tight spaces unless I make major slider adjustments. I played FUMA for many years and I never could replicate the slick moves that you can do with assisted settings. Not only is that unrealistic when playing with top teams, but it puts you at a major disadvantage.

FIFA 19 is also a different game than prior FIFAs, especially when it comes to passing accuracy at default. Every year prior to this one passing accuracy for the user when playing at default was typically always 90+%, even with shitty teams. This year in both my Liverpool CM and my FUT Squad Battles team, which consists of all elite players, I'm averaging mid-80s. That's exactly what you'd want to be seeing (Liverpool in the EPL last year averaged 84%). Unlike previous years, passing in this game is not OP at default and it ain't the reason CM is too easy.

Maybe you missed my post before with this video below. As you can see, I was able to create an easy scoring chance and it had nothing to do with passing; on any assistance setting I'd be able to replicate that. The problem was the CPU defense - on the highest difficulty setting - didn't attempt a single tackle while I dribbled half the pitch and into the opposition box.

And finally it's just the principle of it. Most AAA games offer a difficulty setting that will be challenging while playing at default settings. Konami can do it (albeit in maybe a really cheaty kinda way); why can't EA? I mean jeezus, there's what, 7 difficulty settings now in FIFA? Shouldn't at least one be challenging at default? I certainly think so.

There's more I could mention (like how manual has it's own unique issues) but I think I've made my point. So you say it's crazy to complain about difficulty at default assistance settings. I say it's crazy that a AAA game like FIFA - that has 7 friggin difficulty settings - doesn't offer a challenging experience at default settings.

And remember too - that difficulty does exist in the single player experience this year. It's just in FUT Squad Battles, not in CM.
What he said.. :LOL:
Fair play for putting together such a speech. I just want to add that its not supposed to be frustrating. Its supposed to be challenging. And manual on FIFA can be simply frustrating.

Ps. Im on in the camp with people who say its too easy. Im being hammered. :LOL:
Im just defending their point of view.

I agree that "play manual" shouldn't be a suggestion, although I think semi represents the best compromise. But that's just me.

However, I prefer EA approach to cpu playing this year. There literally is no effort nowadays in programming an op AI that doesn't take into account stats, tactics and values, the same EA did it for years in the past and I hated it to no end. I'm sure you can replicate a similar feel yourself with sliders if that's what you are after. That said, if they are headed towards slowly implementing an AI that could be competitive but also varied and personalized to the players and teams it's using- then I'm all for it even if it will hypothetically take some time.

And by the way, at least in my current experience we are already partially there.

Back
Top Bottom