eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

An 8.5 for me the now [...] but its the keepers stopping it from a 9 or 9.5 they just seem to robotic /too clinical not human enough and especially on Superstar and even Top player.
I would agree with this, but I think it's shooting more than superhuman goalkeepers - though it's a combination of both.

When I score, if I feel joy, it's because I've got through the grind of creating a chance versus 10 men behind the ball - not because of how great the shot is. The video I posted earlier is the first goal in, I don't know, 30 goals maybe, that I've considered worthy of recording.

In my opinion, and every PES is the same (going back to the beginning) - your shot is so clearly less about your input and your contextual interaction with the ball, and more "you're not supposed to score, so your striker hits it straight at the keeper".

Almost like Dungeons & Dragons football where you've got a beardy bloke going "mwahahaaa, you tried to score, but yet again you were thwarted!"

In one of the few matches I dominated in the ML, I had 20 shots. 7 were on target, but straight at the keeper. 13 were off-target and all hit the exact same spot, i.e. they missed by exactly the same degree. I lost 3-0 to the AI, all three goals counter-attacks, and I was ready to kill someone.

IMO, shot input is limited to three things - "straight at keeper", "six yards wide", "goal". With very, very little in-between.

This has stopped me from enjoying PES for a long time, but this year, the general gameplay and AI has been improved enough for me to enjoy it despite of this stuff.

In-fact, that's my overriding feeling - I'm enjoying this game despite of a hell of a lot of stuff. The awful presentation, cartoon player faces, "kill me now" commentary that's five years old, archaic animations that see players stop dead in the middle of runs and/or "stumble" when touched, not enough pass error (and sorry, the ball is NOT free, it 100% has to magnetise to someone after any deflection or tackle), zero shot variety and slightly superhuman keepers.

All of that stuff is utter garbage. But the good stuff... is really good.

(Of course, there will be certain people who say "solve shooting by using advanced/manual shooting". I can't get used to advanced - if I could flip the directions around I could, but otherwise, no, it's like being right-handed and forcing yourself to do something left-handed, some people can, I can't - and manual shots are all rockets IMO. So this isn't an answer for me.)

In ML it benefits greatly to switch up your formation depending on the opposition. As Girona I default to a 4-3-3, and dominated the first two games. Played Tenerife and they pressed the crap out of me, forcing me to play quick short passes (which with PA0 and low team spirit becomes quite the challenge). Game ended 0-0 thanks to my keeper.

Next game played Rayo and switched to an aggressive 4-1-3-2 to counter their 4-5-1. Thereby forcing their mid backwards due to the threat I posed forward. They still pressed to deter my passing, but due to numerical superiority on areas of the pitch it became manageable. Went 2-0 up at half time.

My only concern is there is a lack of error in touch when in comparison to the demo.

Its purely down to how Konami accommodate HDR in PES, their use, or rather misuse/poor use of Luxe colour pallettes and shading, because of this your TV's HDR mode is unable to interpret the HDR signals sent to it by PES, via the PS4, so tries to compensate and the result is a washed out, saturated picture.

With that being said, PES 20 in 4k HDR looks very nice, but when you play summer day games with bright patches and shadows, alot of detail is lost in the overcompensation, and resulting oversaturation and overexposure of the picture, and when you upload to YT, it looks horrible.

Most other games look glorious in 4K HDR so its definitely a PES thing, same thing when I play PES on my 100" Cinema screen via a projector, I have to bump the in-game brightness/contrast down to silly numbers, like 4 for brightness, and 12 contrast, otherwise it looks abysmal, unwatchable, saturated bright mess, whereas every other game looks amazing, and colours are on point, Detroit Become Human being a prime example.

It depends on the TV for sure. Not all of them do it properly. My old Sony 4k tv didn't do HDR properly and it looked very washed out (pes and Fifa) but my current LG Oled is superb! It looks stunning and much better than without HDR.

Ah, so it's the annual demo is better than full game again. To me there's not much a distinct different between the demo and the final code. The ball is certainly not magnetized. I have seen few instances CPU completely misjudged the ball from a long cross.

It depends on the TV for sure. Not all of them do it properly. My old Sony 4k tv didn't do HDR properly and it looked very washed out (pes and Fifa) but my current LG Oled is superb! It looks stunning and much better than without HDR.

I have a 55" Samsung QLED, everything else looks amazing on it, Netflix 4k, Youtube 4K, all other 4k PS4 Pro games, its just PES, even FIFA looks decent.

I disagree. Like myself and @xPJRx have said, all other games look amazing in HDR. Even FIFA looks fantastic in HDR on my tv.

But PES looks weird. Washed out, the turf's detail isn't as, erm, detailed. I turn HDR off and the visuals are far better. Again, this only applies to PES. Other games on my PS4 Pro and Xbox One X look incredible with HDR turned on.

Edit:- @xPJRx has already beat me to it.

For the love of god nobody tweet them that keepers are too good! :LOL: Or they apply their standard fix for something being broken of 'break something else to cover it up' In this case that would probably be every shot on target = goal. :D

I disagree. Like myself and @xPJRx have said, all other games look amazing in HDR. Even FIFA looks fantastic in HDR on my tv.

But PES looks weird. Washed out, the turf's detail isn't as, erm, detailed. I turn HDR off and the visuals are far better. Again, this only applies to PES. Other games on my PS4 Pro and Xbox One X look incredible with HDR turned on.

Edit:- @xPJRx has already beat me to it.

That's strange, everything looks great in HDR on my tv. The older tv, HDR sucked for most games. PES 2020 looks realistic in HDR and the grass is lush (some settings helped as well but out of the box, it looks good unlike my old tv)

Maybe an OLED thing since everything looks good on those lol

I have a 55" Samsung QLED, everything else looks amazing on it, Netflix 4k, Youtube 4K, all other 4k PS4 Pro games, its just PES, even FIFA looks decent.

Have you messed with all the HDR settings on your tv? There are probably some deep settings you may not have seen. I can check rtings.com for settings for your specific tv (same for @Mikhail)

struggling at the minute with a terrible squad I was so desperate vs Milan I broke into the box and decided the hit the dive buttons (L1+L2+R1+R2+R3+L3) when the ref blew I thought it worked but ended up with a yellow fs

ezgif-5-056283afdef1.gif
to make things worse I held on vs Atalanta 0-0 scrappy game in the rain until Gomez finished me off with a net buster in the final minute

ezgif-5-e5cd43920ed3.gif

Just now played my first 2 games on pes 2020. It is to say I didn't play demo much only 2 games ( because I want to play the full version fresh and get that feel of a new game). So I liked it, uninstalled it and preordered.
Now here I played against Juventus with a 2 star team sl pink black from European clubs list. I have to say the game feels good, plays good, long range shots are back and A.I. dribbling also it's keeping possession and I lost 2-0. Next match against Aek Athens with same team and lost 2-1. But A.i. is really good. Fast players are outpacing slower players. I did one of this but I was one on one with gk and my shot hit the bar. The game is like watching a match on TV. It's gorgeous. Settings on all manual except shooting on basic. Professional mode, 15 minutes, speed -1.
I have some minor issues.
A.i. foul should be more.
Fatigue should be made more vulnerable.
Why my 15 minutes match are ending within 10 minutes each half.
Otherwise it's great. And please somebody provide a link to direct contact konami or pes team,so that I can atleast try and inform them to rectify this. Thank you.

Same TV i have well same make, Mines is the B7 and it looks great but saying that i have only played at 4 stadiums so far, Ibrox, Juve's stadium, Old Trafford & Emirates. Ibrox looks incredible both day and night pitch wise and only done the other 3 during the day but they looked very realistic. Will test out non HDR later tonight.

Have you messed with all the HDR settings on your tv? There are probably some deep settings you may not have seen. I can check rtings.com for settings for your specific tv (same for @Mikhail)

My Tv is professionally calibrated, by a professional, and expensive AudioVisual Company, I paid for the service, I'm a stickler for details, so quite confident its as HDR fine-tuned as can be.

I tweaked the PES brightness settings too, turned brightness down a bit and contrast down but still in the 40's, this with HDR Off, for me personally, makes turf's pop, night matches look lush and green rather than washed out yellow, Day matches show good contrast between sun soaked pitches and shade, I just much prefer it with HDR off.

I've never touched any settings for any other game, streaming service etc and these all look fantastic on my calibrated HDR TV, so I'm pretty confident that its PES that doesn't accommodate HDR very well.

My Tv is professionally calibrated, by a professional, and expensive AudioVisual Company, I paid for the service, I'm a stickler for details, so quite confident its as HDR fine-tuned as can be.

I tweaked the PES brightness settings too, turned brightness down a bit and contrast down but still in the 40's, this with HDR Off, for me personally, makes turf's pop, night matches look lush and green rather than washed out yellow, Day matches show good contrast between sun soaked pitches and shade, I just much prefer it with HDR off.

I've never touched any settings for any other game, streaming service etc and these all look fantastic on my calibrated HDR TV, so I'm pretty confident that its PES that doesn't accommodate HDR very well.

PES' color palette is completely off this year.
I've been inspecting and trying to edit the LUT (Color Look Up Table) the same way I've done for the past 3 years, but this time the LUT texture is HDR for the first time, being a 33x33x33 texture (just like in FIFA!) but it's not working as expected.

Back
Top Bottom