eFootball PES 2020 Discussion Thread (PS4/Xbox One)

I'm very happy this year. I went and bought 3 Xboxes and 3 PS4s. I keep one on each at 1.0. Another at 1.01. Another at 1.02. My original machines are online.

I look forward to future patches so I can buy me some more consoles.

(before you wonder if you need to do the same thing - its a joke)

My favourite moment in the full game (patched) so far.

Every game is a grind in my Ligue 2 ML. 1-0 away to league leaders Guingamp. Scored a goal from a punt forward to equalise, which made them start to push out more.

Then, this.

Feels good because it's the best (technically) goal I've scored - it's so rare to nail something like this, with my terrible players.

I think it's a great game, got to say, an 8/10. More fouls and it's a 9/10.

Chris my man. Good to hear!
Was it PA1 you were playing?

Every game is a grind in my Ligue 2 ML. 1-0 away to league leaders Guingamp. Scored a goal from a punt forward to equalise, which made them start to push out more.

Then, this.

Feels good because it's the best (technically) goal I've scored - it's so rare to nail something like this, with my terrible players.

8 on 10 from you is surprising (in a good way of course). Nice to hear.

So, do you also think they finally nailed the "small team feel" better this year :) ?

I find ML game speed to be slower than exhibition. I'm playing 12 min matches on superstar. Had 2 games 1 vs Villa, lost 1-0 and other vs Spurs 0-0, but very enjoyable, great flow, they had periods of domination but I finished strong. Both matches were very different. Will play some more, but how anyone can say it's the same or worse than PES 2019 is beyond me, AI is much much better.

8/10 for me too, best PES in years so far..., hopefully future patches cater towards the randomness of the demo opposed to a faster game.

maybe i am flogging a dead horse at this point but i bet this patch is just introduction of scripting. they do it every year since pes 15

barging through player to get recover ball no matter his physical stats? thats scripting. its cheating
passing on rails? easier to code interceptions-scripting

glad i didnt buy it now. will give fifa demo a go tonight but lets be honest that never does it for me

Yep and those games where you feel the cpu is going to win regardless..

Why I reverted back..The balance is there or balanced scripting.

Stats for me just feel more relevant.

Then, this.

Great Double tap speed burst and turn and strike Chris, I love those types of goals.
You're on PS4 Pro with HDR on aren't you? can tell by the washed out over-saturated YT video, turn it off, will transform how the game looks.

I've made my decision. I've requested a refund from Steam.

Strangely though, if someone asked me if I'd recommend the game, I'd say "yes, absolutely". It's a quality game of football. Don't hesitate to buy it. But for me personally, compared to the demo which felt like something 'new', this feels like more of the same, just better.

If that's what someone is looking for, fantastic, they'll have an absolute blast with it.

I'm very happy this year. I went and bought 3 Xboxes and 3 PS4s. I keep one on each at 1.0. Another at 1.01. Another at 1.02. My original machines are online.

I look forward to future patches so I can buy me some more consoles.

(I know there are some proper mental/highly addicted people [like myself] on here so before you wonder if you need to do the same thing - its a joke)
Jesus, you must be rolling in money.

Man, this is weird!

After my ranting post between demo and patched full version, I have started a League Mode with Le Mans FC, french division 2 team.
Played a couple of matches and it clicked! I am so enjoying this now :LOL:

I can´t compare with the demo anymore as steam deinstalled it automatically (I´m on PC).
But every match in league mode, was a fun one so far!
Thank god the pace never changed and the players still feel kind of weighty.

I also have a lot of first touch error.
The matches didn´t let me stay cold, I shouted when I had missed shots and when I scored.
That game is a very good representation of realistic football.
They seemed to tone down the fouls...it´s like...not every push gets called.
I also had a situation where AI slide tackled me from behind and the ref didn´t call it.
I was like: WTF??.
But then in another match when I was leading, AI played a lot more agressively and fouled me more.

Then I had this situation: it was 1:1 and I pulled off a nice counter attack.
My CF just had the right position to receive a throughball, ran between two defenders, GK was on his wrong foot and I scored.
After a couple of minutes, again an opportunity to pull off another counter attack, again my CF is in a good position to receive a throughball.
He took it and tried to ran off the defender, but this time he slide tackled from behind, my CF falls down holding his leg and the defender gets straight red!

Having played the demo and the patched version I have noticed that there is generally less space to play on the patched version. IMO this is more realistic - I have seen videos from the demo of people running from inside their own half down the wing for 30-40 yards without an AI player in sight to make a challenge. How often does this happen in real life?

One thing that I think wil become more apparent as people play this version more is how important the right stick is. With the change in control system from R2 to the stick I wonder if it is causing people teething problems. I say this because when playing against my kids I was struggling to create space as they were pressing me every time I was on the ball and basically shoving me off the ball. In the demo some of those would have been called as fouls (even though not all of them should have been) but in the patched game they stole the ball. I started to slow down and think about things more and experimented using the right stick to protect the ball, shift the defenders balance etc and I started to open the defence up a lot more frequently. I was able to withstand physical challenges and get away from aggressive defenders which opened up the final third of the pitch. For me I love this - that is like real football where often one player gets the better of an opponent which sets off a chain of movement ahead of him for chances to be created. I am going to make a prediction - in a months time lots of people currently complaining will have changed their mind as they adapt to the use of the close control stick and how it can be used.

Then, this.

there were lots of negativity within these two days
many came from the people who liked and praised the demo
they are not haters, they are not trolling, there must be reasons behind them to change their opinions completely
I didn't buy the game yet but it made me believe that konami really messed up the final game
I expected the final game would be worse than the demo, but I never thought it would be that bad
and now I see your post
Seriously who can I believe now?

they are not haters, they are not trolling, there must be reasons behind them to change their opinions completely
I didn't buy the game yet but it made me believe that konami really messed up the final game
I expected the final game would be worse than the demo, but I never thought it would be that bad
and now I see your post

How about you play the game and make your own mind up ?

Chris my man. Good to hear!
Was it PA1 you were playing?
PA1 crew for lyfe fam. *Gangsta sign*

8 on 10 from you is surprising (in a good way of course). Nice to hear.

So, do you also think they finally nailed the "small team feel" better this year :) ?
I'm not a man to make huge statements when it comes to PES but for me, the difference between lower-league teams and top-flight teams is the biggest it's ever been in PES. Certainly since the PS2 era anyway.

I can qualify that by saying, after playing my ML and switching to an exhibition, Liverpool v Norwich on Superstar, I felt sick at how fast it was and I was 2-0 up after ten minutes. The difference is SO large, it's like playing two different patches or something.

There's not enough error for my liking, from my own players - the AI hits through-balls out of play fairly often! But I'd like to see standard passes less on-rails (and personally, I think the demo is identical in this regard - not enough error).

Passes being accurate is a PES thing though - you have to make something more accurate than real life to compress 90 minutes into 10 minutes, and that's how they do it. You know what? I'm okay with that, because the balance in 2020 is great.

Man, this is weird!

After my ranting post between demo and patched full version, I have started a League Mode with Le Mans FC, french division 2 team.
Played a couple of matches and it clicked! I am so enjoying this now :LOL:
How weird we're both playing in the same league! Keep an eye out for Paris FC for me, next time I play Le Mans I'll know it's you and try extra hard to beat you. :LOL:

PA1 crew for lyfe fam. *Gangsta sign*

I'm not a man to make huge statements when it comes to PES but for me, the difference between lower-league teams and top-flight teams is the biggest it's ever been in PES. Certainly since the PS2 era anyway.

I can qualify that by saying, after playing my ML and switching to an exhibition, Liverpool v Norwich on Superstar, I felt sick at how fast it was and I was 2-0 up after ten minutes. The difference is SO large, it's like playing two different patches or something.

There's not enough error for my liking, from my own players - the AI hits through-balls out of play fairly often! But I'd like to see standard passes less on-rails (and personally, I think the demo is identical in this regard - not enough error).

Passes being accurate is a PES thing though - you have to make something more accurate than real life to compress 90 minutes into 10 minutes, and that's how they do it. You know what? I'm okay with that, because the balance in 2020 is great.

How weird we're both playing in the same league! Keep an eye out for Paris FC for me, next time I play Le Mans I'll know it's you and try extra hard to beat you. :LOL:

With that statement it looks like i will take a trip to Serie B in the Master League ;-)

and now I see your post
I really didn't like the demo, but really enjoy the full version - not because it's different (I think the only difference is fouls, and the AI is more varied and challenging) - but because playing in an ML and having to grind for results and grind just to sign a SLIGHTLY BETTER PLAYER takes me back to the best days of my PES life.

Everyone will feel differently - and there's a lot I wish they'd improve (primarily the stuff where a player does a damn stumble animation and locks up for a second, it's comical when you do it, then the AI does it, then you do it again, and the ball is just motionless between you - the animation system is archaic) - but I'm having a great time with it.

Just a reminder guys, if you want any custom kits for MyClub or Master league then I have over 80+ original designs on my site PESFX or if you want something custom let me know, be happy to design something for you.
All free of course.
I'd love some Tranmere kits - my 74-year-old dad and I are Tranmere fans, and we play a Master League every year - I was thinking of doing a Tranmere ML with default ML players, for a change, now that lower league football feels so good! :D

OK folks. My time.

First of all: You are all a bunch of over-reactors.
And I say that with L.O.V.E.

Full Game (V 1.02) isn't bad. And it isn't all that different to the demo.
I didn't feel it's been sped up AT ALL. I still got quite a few fouls in most of the games I played. and the little gem is still there.

HOWEVER - Players do seem to be less prone to error in passing and in first touch control from both human-controlled players and also CPU. Which is something I highly valued in the Demo on PA1. I had to play on manual passing after the second match because the zero error was just too much.

I felt there's less freedom and less player individuality than in the demo, which is the worst part for me. And I think this is what they've been meaning when saying that the game's been "tightened".
It's not like 60% worse or "back to 2019". But it is indeed worse. Enough to be noticed fairly quickly.

Responsiveness issues are still there, although that doesn't really bother me much because I think it forces you to stay sharp and alert.

Shooting still feels great as in the demo. If anything, it's even better.

Can I live with all this?.
Yes. Specially because I will be hoping that from this point forward, with every new official patch they give us back some of those elements from the demo. And I think they will.

But it's not a different game. It's still PES 2020 from the Demo.

Just my 50 cents...
50-Cent-6-759x500.jpg

I want to do this too, is it case of just renaming a team in championship and then starting a ML with default players? I'll deffo use one of those custom kits too

Ahhh....just before I read this I played Paris FC.
Won 1:0 in the 68th minute. Next time I´ll try harder^^.
Tough match though...and still...what I like and what I have noticed in the demo:
AI plays more agressive...they started to foul a lot more than in the beginning of the match.
And I like that! It feels dynamic.
I had it in PES 2019 quite much, that everytime I was leading, AI often scored right after that, like they get that push.
I don´t feel it here...at least not at the moment and I hope I won´t when playing a ML.

About your bold part:
Absolutely feeling the same and I felt that in the demo already.
I picked all of those teams, but I had a lot more fun playing with a lower team, than with Juventus, ManU etc.

How about you play the game and make your own mind up ?

Not sure what your tone would be there? But I think this guy hasn't said anything wrong. He's genuinely trying to find someone he can rely on. Like all of us were before getting the chance to play it ourselves! :D

Because tweaking the system was necessary. It doesn't have only to do with the amount of fouls. In the demo the play was stopped several times for just simple physical contacts. We all want more fouls in the videogame but a balance should be achieved.
Would you like to attend a Premier league clash where a ref whistles all the time? I guess not.
Don't get me wrong, we could do with a couple more fouls but foul detection system is there and it's working quite well unlike the other game in the market.
Of course I would attend. We went from too many fouls supposedly to virtually nothing now. Around 30 matches so far and not a single pen in sight. 1 or 2 free kick per games of 12mins. That's a fucking joke if you ask me

Having played the demo and the patched version I have noticed that there is generally less space to play on the patched version. IMO this is more realistic - I have seen videos from the demo of people running from inside their own half down the wing for 30-40 yards without an AI player in sight to make a challenge. How often does this happen in real life?

One thing that I think wil become more apparent as people play this version more is how important the right stick is. With the change in control system from R2 to the stick I wonder if it is causing people teething problems. I say this because when playing against my kids I was struggling to create space as they were pressing me every time I was on the ball and basically shoving me off the ball. In the demo some of those would have been called as fouls (even though not all of them should have been) but in the patched game they stole the ball. I started to slow down and think about things more and experimented using the right stick to protect the ball, shift the defenders balance etc and I started to open the defence up a lot more frequently. I was able to withstand physical challenges and get away from aggressive defenders which opened up the final third of the pitch. For me I love this - that is like real football where often one player gets the better of an opponent which sets off a chain of movement ahead of him for chances to be created. I am going to make a prediction - in a months time lots of people currently complaining will have changed their mind as they adapt to the use of the close control stick and how it can be used.

Good tip, i am still slowly exploring RS and it might well be the key to protect the ball. I wonder if you can use it in combination with shielding, see video for what i mean. Now that would surely lure the AI into fouling you.

From a longevity standpoint the stick is probably my favourite thing this year, a new toy i can learn to master.

For those who don‘t own the game yet and who would like to see the game on PA0, i could stream the game as i‘ll be playing the entire day anyways. Currently playing with Boca Junior and i‘m probably the biggest shame that ever happened to the club:P.
I usually try to play the game methodical and slow.
Just hit me up if you‘re interested, i want people to see how good the game is even post patch.

But the passing becomes to accurate even on pa0..When I play post patch I don’t have any fear of error or misplacing a pass..It’s all gun hoe..

I can ping pong it and everything just connects up as long as my player is facing forward or to the side..it’s only when I try to play a ball in the opposite direction to whichever I’m facing that it might be mishit..

It’s lots of little things..Touch,passing,physicality,speed that have changed.

It doesn’t make the post patch version awful(far from it)..Just to fast and much more simplified..The game loses something imo.

Another thing..I like the way the cpu is aggressive but also happy to contain when it should in the demo and version 1.0..You just have a little more space sometimes like in a real match..It’s the constant pressing in the post patch version.Always super direct which in-turn speeds the gameplay up..

I just disagree. The ai is far more direct on the demo. They barely pass it around. Wheres post patch they get the ball down and pass it around into midfield. They play cross field passes and they actually try to win the ball back.

Pass wise if you are under pressure and just ping it around passes can easily fly off. In the demo you can also ping it around easily. I was doing it with Barcelona constantly when playing online.

In the demo there is a issue with player switching and players awareness. In the full game it's far better. I can intercept passing lanes the ball doesn't roll pass my players feet as much. Its not even a faster game its just that if your opponent pressures you there is going to be more space in behind. But you can also slow it down.

Not sure what your tone would be there? But I think this guy hasn't said anything wrong. He's genuinely trying to find someone he can rely on. Like all of us were before getting the chance to play it ourselves! :D

People really need to play the game.
Everyone has different takes.
My advice is play it and stay away from here for a while where people will point out something you havent noticed or isnt there but convinces you (and themselves) it is.
I downloaded it last night but due to migraine didnt play it. Im waiting for data pack on Thursday before adding the PESUniverse option file.

People really need to play the game.
Everyone has different takes.
My advice is play it and stay away from here for a while where people will point out something you havent noticed or isnt there but convinces you (and themselves) it is.
I downloaded it last night but due to migraine didnt play it. Im waiting for data pack on Thursday before adding the PESUniverse option file.

Yeah but every time I read one of your posts I do it with Klopp's voice and pronunciation in my head.
It's really disturbing for me. Please change your avatar? :PP

Good tip, i am still slowly exploring RS and it might well be the key to protect the ball. I wonder if you can use it in combination with shielding, see video for what i mean. Now that would surely lure the AI into fouling you.

From a longevity standpoint the stick is probably my favourite thing this year, a new toy i can learn to master.

the right stick is confusing. How do you do stepovers at pace? Every time I use the stick I slow down and cant sprint. Players can still do moves at speed they don't always need to slow to a stop to dribble.

and now I see your post

IMO this game has become very subjective with exceptionally high amount of variables and, for me, has shot itself in the foot.

In 2015, the mechanics of this game were discernible.
In 2016, variables like player levels were introduced - this variable is in-game - acceptable for me.
What we have now are variables that are EXTERNAL to the game (i.e. patches that nobody understands fully).

What it means is nobody is playing the same game. It introduces the fact that "Player A may be an expert at v1.0 but will not be as good on v1.1."

Hence, there is a community - but actually there isn't. Make sense?

What is the point of PES now? For me, without a cohesive community, not much (and I have past PES games and the demo to go to if needed)

As a counter-measure, Evo-web could create separate threads for each patch for ppl to discuss but I think what will happen is ppl who stick with the game will just begin to accept it for what it is - a game with highs and lows. If you can accept that, then buy it. I cannot.

Edit : The only other real solution comes from konami's side - make gameplay updates a rarity so people can find some footing. To update the game from the very start making it different from demo is just taking advantage of/liberties with its loyal fan base and new-to-pes gamers in general.

Last edited:
Hi There

There is for sure changes between the 1.0 and the 1.2...

I was very happy with the demo and the fouls.
1.0 still got the gameplay feeling of the demo without a lot of fouls...

But the 1.2...
Damn its like a PES 2019.5...
Faster, no random situation everything is more scripted....
From now i play offline with the 1.0 and without patch kits...

So sad

So they can turn the gamę with one patch, thay can Bring back gameplay from 1.0 version for sure, but they must want IT. I dont buy the game right now, i wonder they think and do right thing.

Back
Top Bottom