eFootball (All Platforms)

I mean the color scheme is an improvement but gosh they still desperately need a cohesive lead graphic designer with some idea of how to make something that looks slick. I don't get this obsession with the weird abstract shapes in the ket art and menus.

I used to think PES 2020's minimalist look was a giant regression but even that looks classier compared to eFootball's.

I do think we've gotten ourselves into a bit of a habitual cycle of expecting a fleet of substantial changes/additions with each major eFootball update but history has taught us now that we should keep hopes low of any significant offline modes. Everything seems to be dream team-related even though Durandil's code investigations suggest the contrary with references to ML.

I'm not sure what it is about the difficulty in implementing more content over the course of 2 years for Konami that other F2P developers don't seem to struggle with. Is it inexperience with a major F2P game? Is it a skeleton team and adding content is a huge task? Or is it simply the intentional business driven direction to dissuade anyone from playing offline and enticing them online where Konami has the most chance of making revenue?

As with most things with Konami & PES/eFootball, it's all a damn mystery. We will never truly know unless one day, someone who worked firsthand in the conservative culture of their game development leaves the company and tells all, warts and all, providing they believe anyone truly cares about what on earth a day working here is truly like.

I mean the color scheme is an improvement but gosh they still desperately need a cohesive lead graphic designer with some idea of how to make something that looks slick. I don't get this obsession with the weird abstract shapes in the ket art and menus.

I used to think PES 2020's minimalist look was a giant regression but even that looks classier compared to eFootball's.

I do think we've gotten ourselves into a bit of a habitual cycle of expecting a fleet of substantial changes/additions with each major eFootball update but history has taught us now that we should keep hopes low of any significant offline modes. Everything seems to be dream team-related even though Durandil's code investigations suggest the contrary with references to ML.

I'm not sure what it is about the difficulty in implementing more content over the course of 2 years for Konami that other F2P developers don't seem to struggle with. Is it inexperience with a major F2P game? Is it a skeleton team and adding content is a huge task? Or is it simply the intentional business driven direction to dissuade anyone from playing offline and enticing them online where Konami has the most chance of making revenue?

As with most things with Konami & PES/eFootball, it's all a damn mystery. We will never truly know unless one day, someone who worked firsthand in the conservative culture of their game development leaves the company and tells all, warts and all, providing they believe anyone truly cares about what on earth a day working here is truly like.
They must’ve had their budget cut once they moved business model surely? The first eFootball was so bad, even for a trashy F2P game.

Hey guys, how did the options of the mobile vers. of ef22/23 compare with the pc/console vers?? ie. were they the same?
Here are some new team options with the mobile vers of ef24:
Screenshot 2023-09-05 211903.png

ok, I understand that it became a card game for the money and all that, but even as a card game it doesn't work, I played it for a week and all my team had +90 overall and I had nothing to do

Seeing how (hopefully ex-) employees rate the company (https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Konami-Gaming/reviews) I'd be amazed if any of them stay there long enough to be long-term cohesive factor.

Warning though - the site I linked is hell-bent on wanting you to create an account (and write a mini-review of your own employer) before it lets you browse all the reviews. But sites like 10minutemail.com will be your best friend here :D - temporary mails are accepted, and submitting a fake review of a fake company is also a breeze. The stuff you can read can be worth it :)

for co-op they better have match making now and have least 2 minimum required to play. allowing 1 human to play co-op was very dumb on PES when they did have that.

the co-op they have now is useless though unless if you have a group of friends who all play eFootball which I don't :(

either way I'm still excited to play the new eFootball Thursday. this is the best football game to play for me despite the lack of offline modes, online server lobbies, edit mode, co-op match making, a pro clubs mode.. etc.

Last edited:
Update is out for PC.
Almost nothing new.
Still only 5 or 10 minute Matches and still only two difficulties.
But hey, they added rain.....
and they removed a lot of Teams for authentic match mode.

Edit: They also added Snow to some Stadiums. If you change the season to Winter you can select it.

Last edited:
Update is out for PC.
Almost nothing new.
Still only 5 or 10 minute Matches and still only two difficulties.
But hey, they added rain.....
and they removed a lot of Teams for authentic match mode.
I'm downloading now. How's the gameplay? Any change?

Awesome news.. regarding the update out on pc that is.... not so much about the faster gameplay...but as ive played ef23 offline quite a bit for the last few weeks (and immensely enjoyed it), ill be the judge of that so to speak (no offence to those who have shared their thoughts) Cant wait to give it a go. Weather means nothing to me... as i only ever play in summer/winter fine conditions. Rain.. big whoop. Im bummed by the lack of time and difficulty levels... i mean.. give us a fkn option to at least pay for all available settings offline... that sux balls!!!

go go go son:
Screenshot 2023-09-06 131032.png

Awesome news.. regarding the update out on pc that is.... not so much about the faster gameplay...but as ive played ef23 offline quite a bit for the last few weeks (and immensely enjoyed it), ill be the judge of that so to speak (no offence to those who have shared their thoughts) Cant wait to give it a go. Weather means nothing to me... as i only ever play in summer/winter fine conditions. Rain.. big whoop. Im bummed by the lack of time and difficulty levels... i mean.. give us a fkn option to at least pay for all available settings offline... that sux balls!!!

go go go son:
View attachment 233328
Away from home until tomorrow. Please give your feedback or videos if possible

My feelings with what I Saw for the first time in efootball is really good, the King is back? Only time Will say us but still feeling like a building demo in test phase locking time and and levels. Also they removed all teams and leaving only partners teams planning for a Major update in the future releasing all teams? We Will see what happens with offline scene and online scene

Only online mode is still crap team after 2 years of development, someone need to tell Konami that leaving only 1 mode available doesn't channel everyone to play that 1 mode. More modes and content means more people will play the game.

@guorfan I'll try gameplay later when i go home. I hope graphics are improved on consoles as well. Game (efootball 23) looks garbage on Xbox Series X.

Back
Top Bottom