eFootball (All Platforms)

i dont understand why they show a new roadmap??
Really everybody is waiting for master league and for me i also want to play online against friends

Played a couple of games on ps4 pro. It is softer and smoother than on pc. But...this game is still very rigid and laboured, even while the pace of matches has increased.

Everything is one-paced. There's almost no explosiveness. No rhythm of any kind at all.

Mostly it's just boring as hell. I had a little 2 hour rapproachment with
Efootball about 3 weeks ago, having not touched it since october. I actually think it's now worse. Konami seem to be working their way back to pes 21, but with none of the gameplay and tactical depth of that game.

I was bored of pes then. It's even more boring now, in its plasticised form.

Most of all, i just cant work out who konami want to play this game. It is so dull and disempowering, I can't imagine FUT people playing it. And it has nowhere near the depth required to draw in simulation players.

They write essays worth of notes for these patches, but the changes seem to add up to so little.

When I think back to my anticipation for pes 2008...I feel almost sad. Because pes was a game of deep emotional experiences. And so I had a whole load of emotion tied up in pes and in my expectations for pes 2008. But looking back, I seem hopelessly naive, to think that konami ever cared enough to want to make something amazing on the ps3/xbox 360. Those years of expectation and deferred gratitude (pes 2008 to pes 2014 especially) seem now like such an innocent time, a time of believing that the plucky underdog konami would eventually crack it. They never did, but the dedication of the developers managed to shine through regardless. I remember still looking forward to pes 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14. And I remember gaining some enjoyment from the fact those games retained a hefty dose of pes charm and intensity and excitement despite the technological limitations of their game engine, and a lack of investment.

Efootball has none of that. It feels like a bland facsimile of the sport now. It feels like a game for our cold, cynical times where customers are to be exploited/ignored at all costs.

Last edited:
Good link, outlining quite a few positives (good to see Konami actually promoting these and showing them off via video), eg.:

Improved Response for Split-second Decisions​

Ball Control and Goal Awareness​

New VS AI Matches with Lifelike Mentality​

Im particularly liking the sound of AI "dribbling with more ball-holding intensity"... already seeing this where cpu AI attack are more willing to dribble and take on my defenders. Something I always wanted in PES2021

Changes to Sharp Touch​

Glad its now double press of dash button as default... can change it though in settings...

Anyways.. im liking all of this.. particularly the quicker actions/kicks to improve response, and the quick touches when running onto the ball to prevent slowing down.
Agreed, it’s so much better!

Just a shame about the visuals, but graphics look just about acceptable for me on PS5.

Played a couple of games on ps4 pro. It is softer and smoother than on pc. But...this game is still very rigid and laboured, even while the pace of matches has increased.

Everything is one-paced. There's almost no explosiveness. No rhythm of any kind at all.

Mostly it's just boring as hell. I had a little 2 hour rapproachment with
Efootball about 3 weeks ago, having not touched it since october. I actually think it's now worse. Konami seem to be working their way back to pes 21, but with none of the gameplay and tactical depth of that game.

I was bored of pes then. It's even more boring now, in its plasticised form.

Most of all, i just cant work out who konami want to play this game. It is so dull and disempowering, I can't imagine FUT people playing it. And it has nowhere near the depth required to draw in simulation players.

They write essays worth of notes for these patches, but the changes seem to add up to so little.

When I think back to my anticipation for pes 2008...I feel almost sad. Because pes was a game of deep emotional experiences. And so I had a whole load of emotion tied up in pes and in my expectations for pes 2008. But looking back, I seem hopelessly naive, to think that konami ever cared enough to want to make something amazing on the ps3/xbox 360. Those years of expectation and deferred gratitude (pes 2008 to pes 2014 especially) seem now like such an innocent time, a time of believing that the plucky underdog konami would eventually crack it. They never did, but the dedication of the developers managed to shine through regardless. I remember still looking forward to pes 2009, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14. And I remember gaining some enjoyment from the fact those games retained a hefty dose of pes charm and intensity and excitement despite the technological limitations of their game engine, and a lack of investment.

Efootball has none of that. It feels like a bland facsimile of the sport now. It feels like a game for our cold, cynical times where customers are to be exploited/ignored at all costs.
Basically what he said! Waste of time downloading it. The passing feels marginally better and heavier on level 3 or 4, probably samey lower levels. AI dribble better and are cleverer. Passing and shooting is on rails, no swerve, no dip, no excitement. Until they add action to passes and shots it's pointless. It's all straight lines and seen everything here before.

Really well put - this is one of the reasons I've found PES fairly boring in recent years. 2021 is the same. There are no moments of "urgency", and nor are there moments of defenders being "secure" and jogging around their marking zones. All players all over the pitch move at the same pace.

We should be getting to a certain area of the pitch and finding it well-defended, then having to slow the game down to find the answer, and then - if a pacey player breaks through - every player absolutely bursting (as fast as they can) back to the box to defend (excluding any players with a poor work-rate - I don't even know if that's an attribute in this game, only Football Manager).

Instead, every player seems to move at the same speed, at the same time - and that really restricts the variety in the gameplay.

(For clarity, I'm not talking about the "catch-up bug", but rather the speed of all non-controlled players and the one-tempo way both sides play at, without sudden bursts from your teammates that are any faster than their standard movement speed.)

It's that time of the year again!
...the time in which I download the new iteration of the game, have a look at the new assets (especially kits), play a couple of matches and then decide that the old ones are still better and proceed to free up some space on the disk.

Stadion AKRON turf (summer, shadows low) looks pretty nice...

Attachments

• 20230906152616_1.jpg
    20230906152616_1.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 118
  • 20230906152646_1.jpg
    20230906152646_1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 118
  • 20230906152716_1.jpg
    20230906152716_1.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 118
2024 AI plays the most realistic organic play I have ever seen in a football game. The AI dribbling is superb, you never see the same movement, or should I say the exact same movement "sequence", twice. Not sure why all the moaning in here, and ppl still seem to be forgetting we have paid NOTHING for this and yet it has AI that outdoes FC 24 (I've had the beta) and even that is saying something, as FC 24 is quite clever compared to previous Fifa's for CPU AI "thinking" on the pitch and moves being put together.

I dont know, its maybe that I dont "play" the game, that I sit back and try to make it be CPU vs CPU, giving up my controlled assisted player to be the GK most of the time so that the rest of the pitch has 21 CPU AI controlled players.

This is brilliant for me.

Hey, maybe they removed all these autentic teams because ML is coming? You know, when they unlock them again, you feel like there's more content available additionaly.

Then I woke up.
They removed because they have almost zero license leagues . And they lost some leagues also . No they did not release master league if you noticed they remove it at the road map .
and we to make a master league their goal was to make soccer a card arcade game …

I've just read Pagi84's comments about no swerve on shots or movement on passes, and that normally is a big thing for me, I used to bang onto dev's of all sports games asking for proper side spin on shots, and yet with 2024 this afternoon, trying it for the first time, I see the ball curling quite a lot.

Bizarre.

Unless its the user playing the game that cannot add curl to shots? Maybe part of the reason this is being criticised if it doesnt play well when controller is in hand.

And we all know we can open this up with the usual mods that come out within a few days, to open up all Teams, all Difficulties, cannot wait to see if Neymar is still at PSG (unless Saudi clubs are in the database...) to watch how the CPU AI portrays him, gonna be fun!

Dribbling vs Defending is not balanced (superstar):

The issue isn't that dribbling is better. The issue is that defending against dribbling is next to impossible against someone excellent.
Even if you know where he will dribble next, even when you already match-up in this direction to get a bit speed beforehand, a good dribbler will still circumvent you. And this should not be the case.

2024 AI plays the most realistic organic play I have ever seen in a football game. The AI dribbling is superb, you never see the same movement, or should I say the exact same movement "sequence", twice. Not sure why all the moaning in here, and ppl still seem to be forgetting we have paid NOTHING for this and yet it has AI that outdoes FC 24 (I've had the beta) and even that is saying something, as FC 24 is quite clever compared to previous Fifa's for CPU AI "thinking" on the pitch and moves being put together.

I dont know, its maybe that I dont "play" the game, that I sit back and try to make it be CPU vs CPU, giving up my controlled assisted player to be the GK most of the time so that the rest of the pitch has 21 CPU AI controlled players.

This is brilliant for me.
I see AI is smart enough to post on forums now, that's cool ;)

The issue isn't that dribbling is better. The issue is that defending against dribbling is next to impossible against someone excellent.
Even if you know where he will dribble next, even when you already match-up in this direction to get a bit speed beforehand, a good dribbler will still circumvent you. And this should not be the case.
I noticed this too there are moments when Martinelli and Saka moved like they had an extra joint in their knees meanwhile your players feel like they are running in sand with their slow reactions. I did manage to score this goal though

I've just read Pagi84's comments about no swerve on shots or movement on passes, and that normally is a big thing for me, I used to bang onto dev's of all sports games asking for proper side spin on shots, and yet with 2024 this afternoon, trying it for the first time, I see the ball curling quite a lot.

Bizarre.

Unless its the user playing the game that cannot add curl to shots? Maybe part of the reason this is being criticised if it doesnt play well when controller is in hand.
I'm not talking about placed shots, I'm talking about regular short, long ground or long passes in the air. I'm talking about regular shots. They all do not move enough, at all. It's 2023, they could and should have created a football game that has realistic and intuitive passing and shots that bend, swerve and dip and have decent aftertouch by now. Actually, that's a good point, you could have a placed pass button that works in a similar way to a placed shot, that would be a good starting point.

Like if I have a decent player and my mind can imagine the pass, I should be able to properly bend my pass around defenders at will. Instead I just watch straight line pass after straight line pass.

Last edited:
The game is still heavily scripted. The feeling of fighting against the controller, your teammates, the referee, the physics,... is still there. Waiting to play online, have a laughs and then uninstall :BORED:

Holy shit, so they've turned the game into FIFA now? That's a major reason that I can't stomach FIFA/EASFC, because it's designed for dribbling/tricks/goals and the art of goalkeeping/defending is shat on from a spectacular height.

That looks absolutely disgraceful. Out of interest, is that also the actual speed of the game? I enjoyed eFootball 2023 in short bursts (impossible to enjoy it in depth with the total lack of offline content) but if that's the speed of it now...

My God, football game developers just don't like football do they. They all just wish they were making CoD.

Holy shit, so they've turned the game into FIFA now? That's a major reason that I can't stomach FIFA/EASFC, because it's designed for dribbling/tricks/goals and the art of goalkeeping/defending is shat on from a spectacular height.

That looks absolutely disgraceful. Out of interest, is that also the actual speed of the game? I enjoyed eFootball 2023 in short bursts (impossible to enjoy it in depth with the total lack of offline content) but if that's the speed of it now...

My God, football game developers just don't like football do they. They all just wish they were making CoD.
Yeah I set it to -1 speed right from start of first game, so guess I didn't have quite the same experience.

Yeah I set it to -1 speed right from start of first game, so guess I didn't have quite the same experience.
That won't change defenders being powerless to stop dribblers though, given the imbalance. Look at how cumbersome and far less responsive the defenders are.

On replays it looks different than in a match and this is replay.
Are you talking about the speed of the game? In which case, that's a relief. Are you talking about the defenders moving like they're wearing a diving suit? In which case, I don't think that's related to the replay.

The worst part is the relentless pressing it's as if the stamina bar doesn't mean anything in this game an the game actually feels faster when you're playing it you don't have any time on the ball

My guess is it's pbeing sped up in replay mode.

Generally, the speed isnt too much of an issue. It's just that the game feels too quick because there's such little control of the players. They really do.feel like shopping trolleys.

The game feels wooly, spongy and paradoxically too hard. It's a bit of a mess.

And, yes, totally agree regarding the lack of tempo changes. Konami simply dont have the technology to implement that acceleration of movement real players show in exciting moments. I'd love to go back to pes 3 - 6 now and experience again how the game ramped up in the penalty box especially. I feel like I've become so conditioned to the one-note style of play in pes, pretty much since pes 14, that I cant remember what it should be like, anymore.

Back
Top Bottom