eFootball (All Platforms)

I agree with Pagi, the ball movement is a killer and lack of contextual passes and shots. The finesse shot has been terrible on manual for years and modders on 21 fixed it, crazy.

Things I think they need

- Physicality, the games are too clean and players too lightweight. I wanna see collisions and jostling and bring back contextual shielding. Give me some brutal feedback on the pad so I can feel a player elbowing me in the back.

- Player ID/different motions and unique kicking animations. The game feels bland without this. I am basically Role playing as the players rather than seeing them as they are.

- Fix the ball rolling gentle stick movement and stick it on either R1 or back on the right stick. We need the different styles of dribbling. The more control of a midfielder ball rolling and intricate movements vs the explosions of a winger with fast feet.

- Slow down the game, I don't wanna get beaten on dribbling by just speed of motion and stick wiggling. I want guys to trick me and have the possibility to manually defend well with good timing and decisions. Slower gameplay means more footballing decisions and tactics which in turn means more depth and longevity.

- Bring tactics in line with modern day play, Take concepts from Fifa or football manager like they have stolen over the years. Give the basic gameplans for casual players and then more in depth tactics for football enthusiasts. These were all in older games and you have devolved them rather than add too them.

Well. It's either fc24 or back to pes 2021... Yet again... I mean no difficult or time length.. What the hell. Hardly any teams. Knew it wouldn't be worth downloading.. Still I did in hope.

I think Konami's roller coaster of expectations is disgraceful for us offline gamers.

I mean, gameplay improvements are nice and all, but in my personal case, it's completely meaningless if not accompanied by Master League, which is the heart and soul of my enjoyment of sports games.

This whole "road map" and failure to deliver an offline product is what has turned many of us off from this previously great franchise. In terms of PES, I will continue playing all the retro installments forever, but in terms of the future, it seems like EA FC is the answer for me.

I guess I'll have to upgrade my computer to enjoy EA FC 24 and beyond, because I've pretty much given up hope on a viable ML anywhere in the near future.

Last edited:
I think Konami's roller coaster of expectations is disgraceful for us offline gamers.
We are talking about a company that, after many years, first raised the fans' hopes for a new Silent Hill, commissioned the creation of the game preceded by the PT teaser, which heated the fans even more, and then canceled the entire project, which had great potential and could bring them huge profits. They cannot be understood.

Got home from work and played for an hour or so. The AI's dribbling is truly FIFA/EASFC style, and trying to defend is just a waste of time. When the AI have the ball in your half, it's like they're a team of prime Raheem Sterlings and my team become a team of Mr. Blobbys.

For reference:

Ball physics are worse, I think - there's just no such thing as a loose ball, exactly like FIFA/EASFC. Passes either go directly to your target, or directly to the opponent, with nothing in-between. And the deflections are the same, which can be absolutely hilarious - twice in one match, a ball cannoned off my player's arse and magically landed at the waiting instep of a midfielder.

For me, they're clearly aiming for the same market as EA - to the point that they're even enacting EA's feedback (e.g. "I should never lose possession if I successfully tackle someone because that's totally unfair and unfun or some shit").

Maybe it would be better on Top Player rather than Superstar, but 1) guess what, that's not allowed for some reason (?!) and 2) that won't fix the physics from being horrendously, mobile-game basic.

Got home from work and played for an hour or so. The AI's dribbling is truly FIFA/EASFC style, and trying to defend is just a waste of time. When the AI have the ball in your half, it's like they're a team of prime Raheem Sterlings and my team become a team of Mr. Blobbys.

For reference:

Ball physics are worse, I think - there's just no such thing as a loose ball, exactly like FIFA/EASFC. Passes either go directly to your target, or directly to the opponent, with nothing in-between. And the deflections are the same, which can be absolutely hilarious - twice in one match, a ball cannoned off my player's arse and magically landed at the waiting instep of a midfielder.

For me, they're clearly aiming for the same market as EA - to the point that they're even enacting EA's feedback (e.g. "I should never lose possession if I successfully tackle someone because that's totally unfair and unfun or some shit").

Maybe it would be better on Top Player rather than Superstar, but 1) guess what, that's not allowed for some reason (?!) and 2) that won't fix the physics from being horrendously, mobile-game basic.
Im not that extremely in that direction with my take about the game but the fact that they clearly are catering to the fifa eafc style of gameplay now and almost fully left that pes Id they were holding on too to be different I wholeheartedly agree with. Realism in that element where they were unique in went out of the window

The best PES games had an arcade element to them though, but the ball physics and AI really made it a joy to play, something that is severely lacking in any current football game.

I'm surprised there hasn't been more indie efforts in this space to be fair, who cares about licensing when they can create decent looking fictional teams and players. Make the gameplay fun and enjoyable, like it used to be.

when you can dribble, a lot of you guys complain that defending is too hard. When you can’t dribble, a lot of you complain there is no inertia. This is the best feel of inertia that this game has had since 2022 1.0. There are many things to complain about but the dribbling feels good, it’s natural and not skill spam like FIFA.

For reference:

Why do they lock the time and difficulty modes what is the thought process behind that it's been three years and you can only play beginner or superstar

I'm kind of new to the forum, but I keep a lot every day and I haven't seen any football game so far that thanks everyone, some always say it was rubbish under rails like the pes 21, or even the pes 6 there were people who loved it others didn't like it, anyway, I don't think there will ever be a unanimous opinion, mad I thought the game was already pretty decent, guys here it's kinda boring I think lol!

Gameplay is definitely going more into the FC direction. Especially speed wise.

If I had to guess then they decided to target the FC crowd even more (also seeing how there are other Games coming in the Free2Play market and probably want to get the biggest crowd before).

Strategy might be by being earlier on market with new players and teams, that they can maybe attract FC players through the Free2Play model and those players will stick around even if FC comes out, if they like the Gameplay they find in efootball and have a similar experience as if they would buy FC.

disappointed-hercules.gif

Yup, the game now has that lovely feeling of playing hockey on grass after Konami has messed with the game speed. Setting speed to -1 doesn't really help.

Great job Konami - remind us why we should play this crap instead of FIFA if all you do is copying EA's concept but without the graphics and the licenses? 🖕🏻

So sick of this stupidity.

Also it seems easier to score now. Before I used to win 1-0 when playing against the CPU on superstar if I was lucky (and thus it felt very rewarding) . Now I was 3-0 up before half time. Really boring. Turned the game off after 5 minutes 👎🏻

Last edited:
Honestly until ML arrives it's back to PES 2021 and Artistic Kits stuff for me.

I stopped playing online months ago and from what I've played so far I see little reason to invest much of my free time into this online. What this game does offline with 15-25, 30 minutes is my only focus.

Ebug 2024

Cloth failure.

Last edited:

For reference:

Yeah, there is few to no fouls whatsoever, with the enhanced dribbling so its easier to skin players every game is the same thing. What infuriates me the most is Pass Level 3 passing which if you don't hit your target with a pass to your teammate every 'misplaced' deliberately not just gets directed perfectly to your opponent even to the extent its 90 degrees away from the player you aimed the pass to. All of this like you say is to keep that same monotone flow we need in FIFA almst every single year.

It's so annoying to know that this game has the fundamentals for something fantastic, as I mentioned with my focus on what this can do with offline content, ML and long games like I've been used to the last 15/20 years or so. Instead they have been naive and rather stupid in their sole focus on pleasing just the P2E casuals market for lootbox profit. It's like Konami don't seem to get this crowd is already hooked and guaranteed profit anyway, add some more online distraction and they good until EAFC arrives and then there's really no reason to play this whatsoever.

This gravy lootbox train they are on has already peaked and it will crash unless Konami make a effort with real customization and offline content to supplement what they have, they are heading for a ugly year with a handful of esports players playing unless they pull their head out their assess.

Being an esports champion isn't what everyone wants for a football game Konami! Give it some life and emotion like you used to!

They are sadly not going to give a new life and emotion to it brother. Old developers are all gone, and these new young ones and remaining ones know nothing about the old Konami, what PES was and how it should be done. Current direction of the leadership of Konami football side pretty much screams that this will keep on going in the same direction until their eventual slow death at some point a few years into the future.

I do have to say the snow and rainy modes are done nicely looking at the videos. But its all gone to waste with loss of more club/NT licences, 5 more stadiums from what i can see, leagues, clubs for another year, no good fun modes added 3 years in a row now (you now remember the 3 year cycle), no proper offline, no ML, no Edit, no Modding. Durandils tweets about online only vs AI League mode do give a bit of hope (like every year) with other discoveries, but probably nothing again.

And from this another Durandil tweet it looks like 5 fake stadiums were added, i need to check that myself since their website is not updated regularly, and it is now showing fake stadiums, nor that alleged Amsterdam Arena return.

Lost stadiums i see are:

Estádio do Maracanã
Estadio Beira-Rio
Arena Corinthians
Estadio Mineirao
Estadio do Morumbi

Apparently added were

-Amsterdam Arena
-5 fake stadiums last seen in 2021 game (likely to replace these 5 lost)

Last edited:
They removed because they have almost zero license leagues . And they lost some leagues also . No they did not release master league if you noticed they remove it at the road map .
and we to make a master league their goal was to make soccer a card arcade game …
But they will bring back the unlicensed teams today right? Please don’t tell me otherwise. That’s the only good thing for me in eFootball - the trial matches with unlicensed teams.

First thing i noticed is that gameplay is a lot faster, pre update I played on +1 speed, now on -1 to have same feeling but maybe 0 will be the sweet spot after some time. Game feels tighter and AI is more varied, at least from the 5 games I played against Arsenal, they attack from everywhere and give me a headache all the time but they struggle on counter attacks. The game has an arcade elements becouse like the old pes games things can get out of hand quickly and you need to think faster and not made mistakes especially in defence. I enjoy the game much more than Fifa but in this state is really not worth to invest time in it. I am offline player and enjoy playing Master League or even League matches but in this state I can only play training with whatever team I like and waisting time. It's sad to see almost three years of development come to this barebones we have.

Back
Top Bottom