eFootball (All Platforms)

man where is the net physics? 🤣🤣

-------------

so can i play online against a friend or not?
Man i was testing Fifa 23 but that has nothing to do with soccer.
I sadly only own Pes 2020, for FL 2023 i dont have time for setting up the whole settings/camera module etc

man where is the net physics? 🤣🤣

-------------

so can i play online against a friend or not?
Man i was testing Fifa 23 but that has nothing to do with soccer.
I sadly only own Pes 2020, for FL 2023 i dont have time for setting up the whole settings/camera module etc
Nets are still irons

Whoa whoaa whoaaa... first game.. my opinion... and surprise surprise.. its POSITIVE!!! (Play full manual, superstar, 10min games, trial match only.. offline only)

1st positive: Gameplay feeling aswesome... Actually holding and passing the ball around definitely not faster or more arcade than ef23.. in fact it feels slower and heavier which for me is king. This was noticable right away, as ive been playing a shit load of ef23 over the last few weeks and enjoying it... this ef24 definitely feels slower on 0 default speed setting, only setting i use. For me, personally, the speed feels good in a realistic way!!

2nd Positive: Cpu attacking AI, did something ive never seen before (video incoming)... slowing down, and then speeding passed me once i approached (yeah im not great at defence), but it looked cool. And in fact, saw this many times in the first/only game i played.. cpu player slowing down, and trying to dribble fast past me.. ie. actually holding the ball and trying to get past me with speed:

3rd Positive: no more catch up bug.. ie. in ef23, on superstar, once you get passed a player with a speedster, the cpu defender would previously always catch up quite easily (previous gripe i had with ef22/23 when compared to pes2021). Ive posted a clip of gameplay below, showing dembele (me), passing the defense on the wing, and I was actually getting away on the break.. no catch up.... fkn awesome!!!! at 1.22 mark of the clip. Surprisingly the ball was kept close to his feet as he was sprinting away, as opposed to the long strided distant ball control.

... What else... 4th positive, can play are the fake stadiums Sports Park, and Stadium Orione (shown in clip..but it now has a blue running track!!)

5th Positive... definitely more animations.. with walk out, play stoppages etc. I actually reckon the graphics have improved ever so slightly. Players looks good, and probably the best player physics we've seen, body shape and all.

Negatives:

Pretty much all the stuff that has stayed the same.... eg. poor net physics (fk i wished they fixed this). Lack of difficulty settings, even though i do like superstar. Time constraints etc.

OH yes..still, they havent optimised the shadows of the ball on the pitch... looks like its missing the correct lighting/shadows as the ball rolls on the ground.. same as with ef23.

OH.. and lastly.. the new ball... this is a definite positive.. looks brilliant.. the actual design. I know its early, but one of my favourite looking PES/EF balls!!!

OMG It's free as a bird!............... j/s 😁

They have made it more arcadey with a few more animations. Graphically it has improved slightly, but apart from the new menu colour the actual UI is the same.

Removing teams i.e you only have Utd & Arsenal in the English League to choose from in Authentic Match, isn't a good look at all and clearly shows their thought process to any Single Player content. Most of the difficulty levels are still locked, ridiculous.

They have made it more arcadey with a few more animations. Graphically it has improved slightly, but apart from the new menu colour the actual UI is the same.

Removing teams i.e you only have Utd & Arsenal in the English League to choose from in Authentic Match, isn't a good look at all and clearly shows their thought process to any Single Player content. Most of the difficulty levels are still locked, ridiculous.
Any change of half-length? can't even change difficulty, may not even bother downloading it again...

Not quite as free as a bird, but definitely more free than ef23 where pacy players can out run cpu defense... Good thing.
The rest u are correct with.. Too little from Konami.. We need a pay for all settings mode!!!

I agree with what has been said above, they gameplay definitely seems on the right track. I'll have to play some more to get a better feeling.
The ball seems bigger, and its physics has been improved, it looks good.
But man, these nets are a bummer.

Last edited:
I cant understand why the dont drop the gameplay of 21 and continue to develop the game from there.
They need at least 3 years to create something good.

A quick 5 minutes on pc.

It looks sharp but washed out.

Rain during the day looks appalling in camp nou and Wembley. Almost fluorescent, leaving players looking like they're floating on the pitch.

Fewer teams is just tedious, depressing...though international teams are back for some reason.

They've added fake stadiums, but they're the worst ones, typically. They just love to not add European box style stadiums, dont they?

The game feels slower, heavier, no catch up. But...it feels boring. And lacking inertia. The players are just heavier. Konami dont seem to realise weight and inertia arent the same things, however interrelated. The game has zero rhythm. It felt better at 1.0 and the 2 or 3 updates after that, where it felt so much looser and freer, albeit bland after a while.

Its just a poor update, to a game that is unbelievably underdeveloped 2 years in.
Game shape was one of its strengths, especially back in november '22. That seems to be gone, with players now simply placed around the pitch fairly evenly.

It feels like this game is becoming an irrelevance, and I speak as someone who has praised elements of it over the last year or two. It seems to be losing every (minor) advantage it held over pes 20/21.

Catchup bug is still there?
not for Dembele it aint:

Also, not sure that the fake stadiums are the worst... for me they actually look great and are really well done. Stadium Orione as shown in this clip looks awesome at summer night... anyways, quite subjective i guess.

In terms of inertia and momentum.. yes some of the looseness has definitely been tightened up. I actually prefer it... too loose is not good. But also too tight and weighty aint good either. Not sure about v1.0 as i never played it (its the version most said was the best in terms of inertia and player physicality), but this feels good atm, tighter (in my view, better) than ef23. Need to really play it more though, and also with different teams - As i did mention the game was slower and heavier than ef23 in my first game with barca vs colo, but I also played Arg vs Turkey, which felt faster.. maybe as i was Argentina.. not sure.. but it felt great dribbling with Di Maria :)

Last edited:
not for Dembele it aint:

Also, not sure that the fake stadiums are the worst... for me they actually look great and are really well done. Stadium Orione as shown in this clip looks awesome at summer night... anyways, quite subjective i guess.

In terms of inertia and momentum.. yes some of the looseness has definitely been tightened up. I actually prefer it... too loose is not good. But also too tight and weighty aint good either. Not sure about v1.0 as i never played it (its the version most said was the best in terms of inertia and player physicality), but this feels good atm, tighter (in my view, better) than ef23. Need to really play it more though, and also with different teams - As i did mention the game was slower and heavier than ef23 in my first game with barca vs colo, but I also played Arg vs Turkey, which felt faster.. maybe as i was Argentina.. not sure.. but it felt great dribbling with Di Maria :)
Sorry for noob question. How to do that freekick thing at 4:54?

Good link, outlining quite a few positives (good to see Konami actually promoting these and showing them off via video), eg.:

Improved Response for Split-second Decisions​

Ball Control and Goal Awareness​

New VS AI Matches with Lifelike Mentality​

Im particularly liking the sound of AI "dribbling with more ball-holding intensity"... already seeing this where cpu AI attack are more willing to dribble and take on my defenders. Something I always wanted in PES2021

Changes to Sharp Touch​

Glad its now double press of dash button as default... can change it though in settings...

Anyways.. im liking all of this.. particularly the quicker actions/kicks to improve response, and the quick touches when running onto the ball to prevent slowing down.

Graphics are in fact quite good in some stadiums...arsenal pitch is fantastic, so is escapiao. Others are unspeakably terrible. This feels like an alpha build, graphics wise. Also bizarre that squads are not as up to date than they were in efootball 23.

I'm going go try this on ps4 pro, as I've noticed the game has always been more rigid on pc. Nevertheless, some of these players feel so rigid to turn, as if they're shopping trolleys, with 1 or 2 joints in their whole body.

And the ball physics are so, so limited. They honestly, on pc at least, feel beyond the pale. Almost no curve on ground passes, no fade or dip on long passes and shots that travel in a straight line almost every time. These are the worst physics of all so far, in efootball.

Yep, like an alpha build thats improving at snails pace.
In regards to the ball physics... i actually like them better than pes2021 (which i never thought id be saying).. not in terms of variation (ef24 lacks variations, spins etc and is very limited in that regard), but in terms of weight and speed of the ball across the ground and air... for me its more realistic in ef24.

Whoa whoaa whoaaa... first game.. my opinion... and surprise surprise.. its POSITIVE!!! (Play full manual, superstar, 10min games, trial match only.. offline only)

1st positive: Gameplay feeling aswesome... Actually holding and passing the ball around definitely not faster or more arcade than ef23.. in fact it feels slower and heavier which for me is king. This was noticable right away, as ive been playing a shit load of ef23 over the last few weeks and enjoying it... this ef24 definitely feels slower on 0 default speed setting, only setting i use. For me, personally, the speed feels good in a realistic way!!

2nd Positive: Cpu attacking AI, did something ive never seen before (video incoming)... slowing down, and then speeding passed me once i approached (yeah im not great at defence), but it looked cool. And in fact, saw this many times in the first/only game i played.. cpu player slowing down, and trying to dribble fast past me.. ie. actually holding the ball and trying to get past me with speed:

3rd Positive: no more catch up bug.. ie. in ef23, on superstar, once you get passed a player with a speedster, the cpu defender would previously always catch up quite easily (previous gripe i had with ef22/23 when compared to pes2021). Ive posted a clip of gameplay below, showing dembele (me), passing the defense on the wing, and I was actually getting away on the break.. no catch up.... fkn awesome!!!! at 1.22 mark of the clip. Surprisingly the ball was kept close to his feet as he was sprinting away, as opposed to the long strided distant ball control.

... What else... 4th positive, can play are the fake stadiums Sports Park, and Stadium Orione (shown in clip..but it now has a blue running track!!)

5th Positive... definitely more animations.. with walk out, play stoppages etc. I actually reckon the graphics have improved ever so slightly. Players looks good, and probably the best player physics we've seen, body shape and all.

Negatives:

Pretty much all the stuff that has stayed the same.... eg. poor net physics (fk i wished they fixed this). Lack of difficulty settings, even though i do like superstar. Time constraints etc.

OH yes..still, they havent optimised the shadows of the ball on the pitch... looks like its missing the correct lighting/shadows as the ball rolls on the ground.. same as with ef23.

OH.. and lastly.. the new ball... this is a definite positive.. looks brilliant.. the actual design. I know its early, but one of my favourite looking PES/EF balls!!!

Is the bug still there when you substitute players you can't assign to the new one an in-match role?

As far as I can tell they have just added some transitional animations that make everything look a bit smoother, it's nothing revolutionary FIFA 11 had this nailed back in 2010. It makes the game *look* a bit more fluid but doesn't add much in terms of gameplay or freedom on the pitch.

In fact what they are showing are just the basics of a football game and it's embarrassing that this is all they have to show off after 4 years of development.

I could imagine more teams coming when the servers are live, since it would be a database updated. But wouldn't be surprised if they left it with these teams
The team players data are still outdated. Jordi Alba and Busquets are still in Barcelona, Onana and Lukaku still in Inter... Maybe it'll be fixed tomorrow with the live update. Durandil wrote this build is from August 16th.

So far so disappointed.

No doubt its better than 2023. Dribbling is much bettter, no overpowered auto defending, passing on level 3 feels more grounded.

However much of the annoyances from the last game are still present, the pace vs the AI on superstar is very fast due to how silky smooth everything is. The AI in general cheat like crazy which is poor, it shows they still have much work to do and are cutting corners with cheap rebounds and blocks magically favoring the CPU team.

Worst of all. The tactics. Now this is criminal theres still no fluid formation or team style sliders. No excuses, this should have been built on.

Will wait and see when this master league finally drops and see what patches do to this. Its not a total failure for me, im just not excited to play this right now, things can change though.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom