WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
But to me, PES6 was the first next-gen PES. Actually, it was... So to me, PES2008 should have been great. The same people saying PES6 was a test, PES2008 will be great, are the same people saying PES2008 was a test, PES2009 will be amazing. That's not an insult (and not aimed at you), that's just what I'm noticing.

Exactly, I remember getting PES6 on my 360 and actaully really enjoying it for a while. But everyone was saying the next PES will be great, just wait till it's on the PS3 that will be the first real next gen PES and using lots of \\:o/;):):8)::applause: smileys to go with it (TG, HAN) just to name a few, now PES 2008 has dissapointed again the same people are saying the same thing again, next year will be great blah de blah. Well unless Konami have a major reshuffle, it will be the same as the last 3-4 years and only be a slight upgrade.

Plus its pretty worrying when Seabass claims a year before release that the modes in the game are already completed no improvements once again to the shit masterleague i guess ouch.

Well i did say three years ago that Pes 2010 (obviously name change)would be the first real next gen title and it will be good just like PES3 but then it will go back to the slight improvements again.

Ill, sorry, I'll respond to this as I'm a bit bored:

I enjoyed this

Obviously I can, however thats not the point is it. You use fifa as an excuse to not be critical of pes, yet we, as pes fans, are probably the most critical of fifa. It works both ways, so accept it and try not to get so angered by people giving pes a fair review of its poorness.

PES is still outscoring Fifa. This is my point. There hasn't been some great shift.

Well I dont need to be to technical, we only have to look at the other games released and the amount of, or lack of, slowdown they have. Fifa is an example of more data (graphics, animation, sound, etc) yet not having slowdown. Comparing its to its peers means its a technically poor game. I don't need a degree in computer engineering to be able to tell that. You even accept it faults as its the "first" run on a new console. So you accept its technically poor as its the "first run" yet quesiton me to explain why its technically poor even when you already acknowlege it?

This is also my point. How do you know that Fifa is a more demanding game? Fact is that we don't know the technical side of things and this is the first instance of it happening so if it happens again then konami need a beating.

You messed up the quotes here so it gets messy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiktiktiktik
Seeing as you are so desperate to defend PES by saying fifa has been shit for years, Ill explain why you are only showing even more ignorance by doing so.

Hmmmm, couldnt come up with a counter argument so resort to spelling. Youre one to talk with your "literature".

I've been around the old hash and quote circuit for QUITE SOME TIME NOW TIKTIKTIKTIK so I know that I did everything proper.

Let's run through, you said

"Seeing as you are so desperate to defend PES by saying fifa has been shit for years, Ill explain why you are only showing even more ignorance by doing so."

You didn't make a point here, it's just a bunch of words with no relevance to anything.

I responded with

"Who's Ill?

lammo"

As you can see, you have no case here mister. lammo indeed

Can't say I've noticed it to be honest. This year there is a definite change I agree. The other years Ive been here its mostly a single thread with people mostly saying its crap. Which untill last year, it was, and even last years effort wasnt especially good.

A red bus runs both of us over

me: that red bus ran us over
you: didn't notice

I thought the discussion was based on the people on here and their opinions/thoughts? Now we are discussing for the whole world and its sales?

Now you're talking for everyone else, which I would have let slide if you weren't wrong.

Yes Ive had all the iss/pes games since the the snes release. But unlike Liverpool, I dont feel the need to "support" PES and Konami in their poor days. After all they are a company looking to make a profit, not some charity organisation. Although by the sound of some people on here you would think they cure cancer, help 3rd world debt and keep the kids off the streets with pes.

I'm sorry, I think I've just logged onto bizarro-web or my grasp of English or the alphabet has deteriorated to an astonishing degree.

Konami, being praised, by people here?

My monocles, they are on the floor.

And for that we should give them money. Ive become bored, as a singleplayer, with the ML since pes4 and they have continued to not develope the game. After last years poor effort on the 360 I lost my patience and will no longer buy the game till its gets good for me again.

If you honestly expected anything more than a port on the 360 then you've lost not just your respect but your dignity. Anyone could have told you that it wasn't going to be an improvement, it was released outside of the regular cycle for starters.

Its worth a try, even if I can help atleast one person think for themselves it will be a victory. You actually already do think for yourself, I just dont agree with it :D

You've taken this better than some. It might seem as if I'm insulting you but I'm just mocking your opinions (erm...). But aye it's not personal, it's just a pawn of the evil that I must tackle in these dark times.

Anyway, from your posts it seems to you feel people should continue to support pes & konami because of all the previous fun that has been had on older versions.

Angelina Jolie pleasures you for 24 hours continuously.

She says check back in 2 years.

In the mean time Britney Spears waddles along with the lure of a handjob and numerous forms of Hepatatis.

What do you do?

Ignoring whether the latest release is actually good or not. Konami being a business and the bottomline being what they care about do you think that position will improve the game or hinder its development?

The way i see it (the correct way of course) is that the industry is different to what it was 10 years back. Back on the PS1 days they weren't under pressure to meet deadlines. They had greater freedom to develop a game for a small fanbase.

Cue PS2 crazy time.

Because of the arseload of interest over recent years they now have to focus on a October release. They cannot afford to miss out a year or release every 18 months. That would hinder future development.

It's a sacrifice but it's what Fifa's done from the start

A lot of people, myself included, feel that continually buying the game in its poorer state and not being critical will lead to what had happend at EA with fifa.

1 does not equal continual. The 360 version doesn't count and if you bring it up I'll think even less of you.

A poor game being churned out year after year with superficial additions to improve the PR talk and give a "reason" to get the latest version. The reason, which you yourself comment on, why fifa has been looked upon as a poor game by the majority of us for the last few years. Its been said that EA decided to make a brand new game[engine] as, even though sales were good each year, they wanted to recieve a good response [read: less negativity] from the press and hardcore gamers. So you see being critical actually had the impact for a company to invest and make a decent/good game.

Err, I'm pretty sure the impetus for all things EA is money.

A better game means better reviews and better sales. If it wasn't for Pro Evo then we'd al be playing Fifa 2002.6

Thats what we want from konami, not the poor ports and lac of development now being shown. And as you can see, that means a lot of us wotn continue to "support" them in their bad times as i can have an effect. You only have to read seabass comments prior to release to see that he acknowledged the poor response and said they were going to improve the game for next year, drastically changing the designteam.

Poor port = PES6 on the 360, which I have dismissed for months now

Perceived lack of develpment in 1 game. One game

This is perfect as this is what I am all about. It's a massive over-reaction that is based on 1 game.

How people can be so upset after 1 game on a new console after a decade of awesomeness is beyond me but there you go.

If I could put forward my views more eloquently i would, but my style allows for me to quote myself in years to come to say "I was reet greet" or "ah, bit wrong thar". Luckily, however, it's never the latter.

edit: one game for the love of holy seabee

Last edited:
Also the bigger staff that he now has to employ no doubt fucked up the intimacy of the hardcore brood he had(maybe).

Anyhoo i still have my fliptop PS2 so i aint to fussed. I might get the new Winning Eleven

But to me, PES6 was the first next-gen PES. Actually, it was... So to me, PES2008 should have been great. The same people saying PES6 was a test, PES2008 will be great, are the same people saying PES2008 was a test, PES2009 will be amazing. That's not an insult (and not aimed at you), that's just what I'm noticing.

I'm going to put a fag out in your eye if you mention PES6 being the first next-gen Pro Evo again.

It might as well have been an Xbox game that played on the 360.

PES6 wasn't a test.

It was just released for Microsoft bragging rights and so they could reap in what people would think would be PES2008.

This is the first next-gen game. It' been released in October, on all formats with a proper advertising campaign and the like.

Plus its pretty worrying when Seabass claims a year before release that the modes in the game are already completed no improvements once again to the shit masterleague i guess ouch.

Yeah, there's something about them having already completed the new modes that doesn't fill me with confidence. I have visions of the all-new Shark Heads Cup.

And he's already said that he regards finally getting 20-team leagues in the ML as some kind of major technological breakthrough. The simple fact we can't even use the C-Teams in this year's ML typifies their lack of thought and understanding of what's required.

I'm going to put a fag out in your eye if you mention PES6 being the first next-gen Pro Evo again.

It might as well have been an Xbox game that played on the 360.

PES6 wasn't a test.

It was just released for Microsoft bragging rights and so they could reap in what people would think would be PES2008.

This is the first next-gen game. It' been released in October, on all formats with a proper advertising campaign and the like.
Haha, you work for Microsoft then do you? (I've seen you say that about Konami a million times so I just thought I'd slip it in there)

And I remember seeing the PES6 adboards everywhere, ThomasGOAL was creaming himself and posting in every thread, "LOOK AT PREMIER LEAGUE GAME NOW, PES6 ADBOARD, AMAZING". So there was an advertising campaign there.

No matter who's fault it is, PES6 was released on 360, was shite, PES2008 was released on 360, was shite, both developed by a team led by Seabass. Rushed or otherwise, they could have got the basics right first, such as no slowdown (in-game remember) and online play that worked. Everything else could have waited.

Its just bad Japanese Fanboy management they could have used the Xbox 360 like EA did and had a Fifa 08 on their hands now but we will have to wait until late 2009 for their first PS3/360 gem.

Fanboy!! lol

This word did not exist in earlier "discussions" about previous versions of the PES/WE franchise. Now i am either getting very old or slept through the posts that had "fanboy" contained in them

Either way i have only noticed that it's already worn out. It has been used so much when the newer versions are being talked about

Last edited:
No matter who's fault it is, PES6 was released on 360, was shite, PES2008 was released on 360, was shite, both developed by a team led by Seabass. Rushed or otherwise, they could have got the basics right first, such as no slowdown (in-game remember) and online play that worked. Everything else could have waited.

Apples and oranges forever and ever if you're trying to compare PES6 to PES2008.

PES2008 is the tester, from here on out I don't want to hear anything else or else you'e spending a night under the stairs.

And not the good kind.

Well Japanese are all in-house look at the laughable review of Mass effect on Famitsu because the game doesnt walk you through the game to the happy ending lol.
Look how the japanese versions of WE are always the best versions and Sony is the main Sku even tho Xbox has 7 times more systems sold worldwide.

I actually have an evil fantasy that Sony fails then Microsoft refuse to allow Konami games on their system for screwing them over for the last 5 years.

Its just bad Japanese Fanboy management they could have used the Xbox 360 like EA did and had a Fifa 08 on their hands now but we will have to wait until late 2009 for their first PS3/360 gem.

Did we get a fantastic game on the PS2 straight away?

I remember tresging through hours of ISS when the PS2 was released just to quench my football thirst.

PES1 didn;t arrive for a while and even then it was far from perfect.

Well Japanese are all in-house look at the laughable review of Mass effect on Famitsu because the game doesnt walk you through the game to the happy ending lol.
Look how the japanese versions of WE are always the best versions and Sony is the main Sku even tho Xbox has 7 times more systems sold worldwide.

I actually have an evil fantasy that Sony fails then Microsoft refuse to allow Konami games on their system for screwing them over for the last 5 years.

Microsoft is almost none existent in Japan.

It's like the BBC focusing on the French market, not good.

@ badgerman,

I wont bother quote your post again, although it is amusing :D When are you gonna do some more "pieces"? I have huge respect for your art,....maybe not but they make me laugh.

However I have two points,

Firstly pes360, no matter how much you want to dismiss it, has been confirmed by konami/seabass as the base for the current nextgen versions. Meaning pes2008 is actually the second nextgen version. Now you can dismiss this all you want and continue to use it as a base for your argument. However its nonsense :D

Secondly, the complaints arent based on one game, atleast not for me. The 360 version, no matter how you continue to say otherwise, was poor and makes it the second version that I dont like of the next gen[eration]. However, I also started being critical of the later ps2 versions as there was no development of the ML, which is what I mostly play. So for me its atleast 3,4 versions that havent been good enough.

1 does not equal continual. The 360 version doesn't count and if you bring it up I'll think even less of you.

See what I did earlier? I complimented you on your art (hopefully increasing how you think of me) so by the time you would read the rest of the post the balance would be equal to what you think of me :D

@ badgerman,

I wont bother quote your post again, although it is amusing :D When are you gonna do some more "pieces"? I have huge respect for your art,....maybe not but they make me laugh.

However I have two points,

Firstly pes360, no matter how much you want to dismiss it, has been confirmed by konami/seabass as the base for the current nextgen versions. Meaning pes2008 is actually the second nextgen version. Now you can dismiss this all you want and continue to use it as a base for your argument. However its nonsense :D

I will argue this to the grave.

Seabob down the street might have said that it was the base for next-gen versions but that would have been nothing more than promotional spiel.

It's not true, ever.

(la la la)

Secondly, the complaints arent based on one game, atleast not for me. The 360 version

la la la

no matter how you continue to say otherwise, was poor

It was a smelly pile of dog turd

and makes it the second version that I dont like of the next gen[eration].

Pro Evo 1 through 5 also play on the PS3 but that doesn't make them next-gen games.

However, I also started being critical of the later ps2 versions as there was no development of the ML, which is what I mostly play. So for me its atleast 3,4 versions that havent been good enough.

I play FM so a new version each year is a new challenge. I've gotten to where I am now without joining in the evo-web suicide pact.

See what I did earlier? I complimented you on your art (hopefully increasing how you think of me) so by the time you would read the rest of the post the balance would be equal to what you think of me :D

Going over my posts I may seem quite mean :'[

But I'm not trying to be, it's the badger machine and you are a catalyst to the cogs.

I don't think that it's a them and us thing going on here.

We're approaching it from 2 different angles. I am so passive and accepting of where we are now as it's going to plan just perfectly. People haven't formulated a plan yet and are making it up on the fly and are wrong as they were born wronglings and will have a misspelled gravestone.

Any one with 360 can use this to play with the PS2 controll

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-eq-49-en-15-XB360+XFPS+-70-2c8a.html

-Connect PS2™ compatible controllers to your Xbox360™
-Connect PS/2 or USB mouse & keyboard to your Xbox360™
-Auto fire function
-Compatible with joypads, light guns, racing wheels, dacing mats, guitars & more
-Mouse sensitivity adjust function
-Offers even greater sensitivity
-Must be used with original Xbox360™ wired controll

Any one with 360 can use this to play with the PS2 controll

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-eq-49-en-15-XB360+XFPS+-70-2c8a.html

-Connect PS2™ compatible controllers to your Xbox360™
-Connect PS/2 or USB mouse & keyboard to your Xbox360™
-Auto fire function
-Compatible with joypads, light guns, racing wheels, dacing mats, guitars & more
-Mouse sensitivity adjust function
-Offers even greater sensitivity
-Must be used with original Xbox360™ wired controll
Pricey, but perfect. Thank you kind sir.

Jflores:

I recommend you the Pelican cable:

Edit: here is is xD http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Peli...sem/rpsm/oid/177515/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

It has the PS button to turn on the controller. It works fine with my PS3 and DS2 controller. I have not tested on PES2008 (have not received yet) but works fine on Virtua Tennis or FIFA 2008 demo.

Thanks Putuco Malo. Guys, after figuring out how to use my PS2 Controller to play this game, I have noticed something very strange. The game speed is beautifully and realistically slower paced with the PS2 Dual Shock 1 controller. When I play with the Sixaxis Dual Shock 2 controllers, the game speed is redicoulously fast. I have tested this with both controllers and there is a huge difference. Go figure.

And so, another mystery to add to our beloved game.

lolzor..... thats damnnn pricey
@jflores we are on the same FW v 1.93 here:(
there is a 1.94 update soon...but thats for the dualshock support

Han,

I have Version 1.93 PS3

Free Space: 47 GB/55 GB
lolzor..... thats damnnn pricey
@jflores we are on the same FW v 1.93 here:(
there is a 1.94 update soon...but thats for the dualshock support
Flores, like Junka suggests you have the newest version!
That means that the problem is not that you have an older version. It should be that your Amercan console has not that emotion chip, so a good chance that is the problem. PES 2008 seems to have problems with it in the European versions I guess.

Wasnt PES6 not even really made to be next gen so to speak, I thought they released it for 360 because people complained about it and microsoft wanted them to, so they basically ported the PS2 one badly with different graphics and that was it, they didnt really care, then this PES2008 is the real like try, then hopefully next year is going to be the real deal.

Well thats how I saw it...

Also my PS3 PES2008 plays fine now, didnt crash dunno if it was the install that helped or it was a one off, I dont care tbh now anyway :D

Flores, like Junka suggests you have the newest version!
That means that the problem is not that you have an older version. It should be that your Amercan console has not that emotion chip, so a good chance that is the problem. PES 2008 seems to have problems with it in the European versions I guess.

Really? wow! no wonder. I hope that this is the reason for my smooth gameplay copy. I really do for everyone's sake that has this game. I tell you, the PS3 HDMI graphics of this game are not out of this world, but are very impressive and just enough for me to enjoy. The only downside I am having problems with right now is the goalie dropping balls in front of goal.

Loving the game though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom