WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll play PES this year thanks :)
It'll be more interesting to me to see how FIFA turns out next year.
Will they get negative feedback from their fans who preferred the arcadey previous games?
Hopefully not, I still don't see PES as an arcade game tbh, but next years FIFA could be very interesting, i just hope PES actually evolves as well.

Placebo seriously is Fifa worth a go?

For your sake YOU better hope so!!

If not i shall email EA and tell them to expect a torrent of vile putrid rants from a noname who has a huge chip on his shoulder regarding something?

Mods do something about this chap who is CLEARLY just in here to whip up a frenzy.

I will give you a brief moment about the spine of these games "Jim"

Canadians V Japanese your call.

For the Cannucks i give

new028%20018.jpg

For the Japanese

isspro98-f.jpg

MY OPINION if i am entitled to it is I FEEL PES evolved to a point and has back tracked somewhat in the laast few releases where FIFA has stuggled if anything has regressed it has taken them sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many titles to just get the hang of a decent control setup.

But i feel no matter what version i play of FIFA it just seems like it is aimed for my 10year old cousin, Where i feel although there is some faults with PES ie players stuggle to control anywhere near a touchline. Kick off goals(you know where your player has a bubble that is unpenetrable for the first 30 seconds) and goalkeepers who parry to attacking players i can still say there is ALWAYS something new that will amaze me

regards

Last edited:
Aye then so if PES is greet next year I expect to see this place empty then.

If PES is greet next year, I'll be here with my blazing trumpet. I've taken to eating lots of biscuits of late so will probably be quite fat by then, so will be taking up a lot of space, so the place won't seem empty.

In the mean time, I don't like the latest PES, so much so that I bought the comp...umm......put it in my signature, and intent to bleat on about it's failings.

I'm fickle that way.

If I buy a box of biscuits and they're delicious, I eat them all and buy some more of the same. If the next box I buy is full of mouldy biscuits, I don't, on the basis that the last biscuits were really nice, eat them, I complain about them on a PES forum. If the manufacturer then says they've sorted the mouldy biscuit problem, I might buy them again.

PES is all a question of biscuits. Thinking about it, I probably would have eaten the mouldy ones.

All most people have to remember is when the PS2 first came out Pro Evolution one was a utter bag of shite. I snubbed it and continued with ISS Pro 2 until more "evolved"(you see here Evolution)editions came out and in my opinion peaked at WE7I.

This is the first release on PS3 lets just wait and see....

That's true actually, I'd forgotten about that. That was shocking, nothing like the PSone games. My favourites will always be ISSPE2, WE6FE and WE7I. I've said it before but my dad, who could win a Ferrari and say "it's crap, the colour's too bright and it's too fast" (like father like son), said WE6FE was incredible. Never in his life has he called a computer game incredible, before or since. So if it got his seal of approval then Christ alive, it must have been good.

Can anybody point me to a good comfortable PS3 Compatible controller with proper L2/R2 triggers such as the PS2 versions?

Yes i can.
The PS2 controller :)
All you need is an adapter thing, and you can play PES2008 with a Dual shock 2.

All most people have to remember is when the PS2 first came out Pro Evolution one was a utter bag of shite. I snubbed it and continued with ISS Pro 2 until more "evolved"(you see here Evolution)editions came out and in my opinion peaked at WE7I.

This is the first release on PS3 lets just wait and see....

I actually like PES2008.
Even though you whipped my arse!

(And beat me at PES2008)

This just means that this year we play FIFA and the next we'll play PES.

Where's the problem?

Yeah that's fine but if in doing so you berate PES as if it just jizzed on your pillow then I'm gonna give you a funny eye if you're back this time next year licking said jizz.

There is method to this madness.

I actually like PES2008.
Even though you whipped my arse!

(And beat me at PES2008)

That is why i am inaugural Champion. In the bouduair and on PS3.

Actually played it on xbox360 today in HMV's Gamezone up town played for about an hour on there HD TV which helped me settle in and both versions were pretty much identical in in faults and enjoyable attacking. The only juttering i noticed was online playing a Italian the usual lag reared its ugly head but 3 wins from 3 pleased me. What did not was when i realised i was meant to pick up the missus and the kids 30 minutes after my final victory. The pissing rain only soured her mood more.

i love you hun xx:lol:

Yes i can.
The PS2 controller :)
All you need is an adapter thing, and you can play PES2008 with a Dual shock 2.

jonestm, how is this possible. I have the PS2 adapters/usb connectors and they enable me to play PS2 games on my PS3 with Dual Shock 2, but I cannot for the life of me get them to work with my PS3 game. Any tips?

Ill, sorry, I'll respond to this as I'm a bit bored:

A HURF DURF

You honestly don't expect an answer for this do you?

Can you seriously not connect the dots?

Obviously I can, however thats not the point is it. You use fifa as an excuse to not be critical of pes, yet we, as pes fans, are probably the most critical of fifa. It works both ways, so accept it and try not to get so angered by people giving pes a fair review of its poorness.

First run out on a new console, tear it a new one next year if you must but I don't have enough experience in the computer game industry thingy to properly analyse if Konami are at fault here (and if so, how much). Of course you seem more qualified and in the know so perhaps you can enlighten us

Well I dont need to be to technical, we only have to look at the other games released and the amount of, or lack of, slowdown they have. Fifa is an example of more data (graphics, animation, sound, etc) yet not having slowdown. Comparing its to its peers means its a technically poor game. I don't need a degree in computer engineering to be able to tell that. You even accept it faults as its the "first" run on a new console. So you accept its technically poor as its the "first run" yet quesiton me to explain why its technically poor even when you already acknowlege it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiktiktiktik
Seeing as you are so desperate to defend PES by saying fifa has been shit for years, Ill explain why you are only showing even more ignorance by doing so.

Who's Ill?

Hmmmm, couldnt come up with a counter argument so resort to spelling. Youre one to talk with your "literature".

A surprising amount I'd of said considering the amount of Fifa threads I've noticed on every PES forum for years now.

Can't say I've noticed it to be honest. This year there is a definite change I agree. The other years Ive been here its mostly a single thread with people mostly saying its crap. Which untill last year, it was, and even last years effort wasnt especially good.

The bolded bit is just ungh. No one bought it, yet it outsold PES and Pro Evo sites always had big threads about the game.

I thought the discussion was based on the people on here and their opinions/thoughts? Now we are discussing for the whole world and its sales?

Overlooking that, somehow, you have played 2 Fifa games and I'm guessing a lot more Pro Evo games. There be a reason for this.

Fifa has a good atmosphere, but PES is genuinely enthralling and all round greetness

Yes Ive had all the iss/pes games since the the snes release. But unlike Liverpool, I dont feel the need to "support" PES and Konami in their poor days. After all they are a company looking to make a profit, not some charity organisation. Although by the sound of some people on here you would think they cure cancer, help 3rd world debt and keep the kids off the streets with pes. And for that we should give them money. Ive become bored, as a singleplayer, with the ML since pes4 and they have continued to not develope the game. After last years poor effort on the 360 I lost my patience and will no longer buy the game till its gets good for me again.

I appreciate you trying to school me but oh well :]

Its worth a try, even if I can help atleast one person think for themselves it will be a victory. You actually already do think for yourself, I just dont agree with it :D

Anyway, from your posts it seems to you feel people should continue to support pes & konami because of all the previous fun that has been had on older versions. Ignoring whether the latest release is actually good or not. Konami being a business and the bottomline being what they care about do you think that position will improve the game or hinder its development? A lot of people, myself included, feel that continually buying the game in its poorer state and not being critical will lead to what had happend at EA with fifa. A poor game being churned out year after year with superficial additions to improve the PR talk and give a "reason" to get the latest version. The reason, which you yourself comment on, why fifa has been looked upon as a poor game by the majority of us for the last few years. Its been said that EA decided to make a brand new game[engine] as, even though sales were good each year, they wanted to recieve a good response [read: less negativity] from the press and hardcore gamers. So you see being critical actually had the impact for a company to invest and make a decent/good game.

Thats what we want from konami, not the poor ports and lac of development now being shown. And as you can see, that means a lot of us wotn continue to "support" them in their bad times as i can have an effect. You only have to read seabass comments prior to release to see that he acknowledged the poor response and said they were going to improve the game for next year, drastically changing the designteam.

Well in all honesty i havent played PES 08 yet, not even the demo so i dont really know what to expect.. I've read a crap load of opinions from tons of ppl and many say its absolute shite while others say its a good game.. Ill be receiving mine hopefully sometime this week and will give my thoughts on it then..But if i dont like it and i aint happy then ill just carry on playing Fifa.. And theres always CoD 4 aswell coming out soon so basically im set for at least a couple of months! :D;)

Fair comment mate! I'm just so damn disappointed with this years installment i have to vent my frustration

That's true actually, I'd forgotten about that. That was shocking, nothing like the PSone games. My favourites will always be ISSPE2, WE6FE and WE7I. I've said it before but my dad, who could win a Ferrari and say "it's crap, the colour's too bright and it's too fast" (like father like son), said WE6FE was incredible. Never in his life has he called a computer game incredible, before or since. So if it got his seal of approval then Christ alive, it must have been good.

Jack how could you forget this i have been saying this for three years now telling ppl on here that the first games on the PS3 and Xbox 360 would be shit just like the first games on the PS2 just like the first games ont he PS4 will be

But to me, PES6 was the first next-gen PES. Actually, it was... So to me, PES2008 should have been great. The same people saying PES6 was a test, PES2008 will be great, are the same people saying PES2008 was a test, PES2009 will be amazing. That's not an insult (and not aimed at you), that's just what I'm noticing.

Is there any way to use a PS2/PS3 pad on a 360?

My dad would cry with happiness if there was.

Try ebay i am sure there are evil Japanese tyrants who have made this and are eager to rob us eurotrash of our hard earned poundage. But i do not think such a device exists

mad_scientist.gif

PES 2008 = PS3 Killer ?

Like me alot of users kill the PS3 player with PES2008

Shocking! I know Konami liked to trumpet PES as a killer game, but they've taken it too literally.

Bad luck.

On the bright side, perhaps you can take both PES and your PS3 back and get a full refund? I hope it breaks mine.

Shocking! I know Konami liked to trumpet PES as a killer game, but they've taken it too literally.

Bad luck.

On the bright side, perhaps you can take both PES and your PS3 back and get a full refund? I hope it breaks mine.

PS2=Pro Evolution soccer 1 shite...........Pattern?

The problem is jack it was the first game on the PS3 and with Konami being up Sonys arse they ignored any advantage of having an earlier Xbox 360 version out and unlike EA didnt use it to their advantage.

And as for PES 2009 dont forget PES2 on the the PS2 wasnt much better and it wasnt until PES 3 we got a real gem just like EA's Fifa 08 being the third game released on the Xbox 360

Pes 2009 release is going to be crazy on here with ppl believing before they see anything its going to be the best game ever but i wouldnt be suprised to see a slightly better Pes 2008 just like PES2 PS2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom