WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/25/07)

well depesser sorry to dissappoint you but I am not gay like you. I have been checking everything out. Including the chicks arses.

To address you directly.

Personally, i'm looking forward to FIFA more this year. I feel they are taking steps in the right direction and with the number of game modes, leagues and options added it looks to be more bang for my buck - which, like it or not, is what all gaming is about.

Well actually to me gaming is about playing the game itself, not having access to millions of modes for a mediocre game

Why should I shell out another $110 (Australia :roll:) for a game, which, apart from some great new features and updated graphics, essentially offers no new gaming experiences? (from early observations of course).

I'd just point out the amazing feeling of when you finally settle into a new PES and everything clicks and you feel like soiling yourself in delight.

I bought a 360 to play the best possible football games - full stop. I didn't buy it for GTA, or Bioshock, or anything like that - I bought it for footy. And if I feel that FIFA fulfils that fantasy more than PES does - that's my opinion.

Well that's fine by me but the "my opinion" argument isn't really applicable to either of us here as, firstly, we are debating over football games and secondly you're on a PES forum going on about Fifa when my opinion is PES is the greetest (futurama). But as I said none of us can harp on there.

Ultimately though, the success of each game isn't going to be determined by me, dj, jack, airjoca or anyone else on this god-forsaken forum. It's the general public - the footballing public who decide what to spend their money on.

Ten of your most english of pounds that it's decided on mums looking at covers and seeing famous footballers on it, which then means it's decided on each individual shop's layout and where PES and Fifa fit in.

And if you ask me, FIFA will sell - simply because EA know how to market their games,

They've done this by shoving Ronaldinho/Rooney/Giggs and anyone else who'll take the pay cheque to pose for the cover and make dodgy ads that 8 year olds will fawn over.

PES has managed to get where it is based on the quality of the product, not an over-inflated image based on famous players on the cover.

(EA) have added many nations' leagues (big selling point for me personally having the A-League - and I know at least 50 other people in the same boat down here in AUS - just in my community)

Well that's great but Australia isn't a big footballing market yet. I'd expect smaller markets to be more slanted.

and, at the end of the day, offer a relatively entertaining and enjoyable footballing gaming experience. The public arent going to buy PES and actually actively search for the new updated rosters, the accurate face of Olivier Kapo or a subtle, barely noticable "next-generation" AI system in Teamvision.

Well great they can sit there like melons waiting to be spoon fed and nappy changed. If people can't be bothered to look into relatively simple methods then they lose the right to complain.

Kudos on calling Teamvision "barely noticable" though. Please forgive me for doubting your journalistic integrity.

In video games - its change, uniqueness, and presentation that determine how successful a game is. And in the virtual monopoly/oligopoly of the football games industry (2 developers), it's EA's game that stands out the most.

Until now. The only thing Fifa had was famous faces and now Pro Evo has the most famous of the lot (in the rabid young fan market).

And yes, while greater sales don't necessarily point to the '
best' game, they do add to it in the long run. Face it - if KONAMI just dont have the resources to be able to keep up with the EA juggernaut, they will quite quickly fall behind - both technology and experience wise.

You've really confused me here.

Konami not having resources is laughable. I think Kojima has enough for MGS4. I'm also sure Seabass has more than enough resources.

If PES/ISS/WE was to ever fall behind Fifa then it would have been a decade ago. Not now after they've developed a loyal fanbase and a reputation as the best football game around.

edit: I am genuinely not insulting you here, I feel nothing but passiveness to everything that goes on here, I just enjoy typing : )

On topic now. CREPE I need a PS3 soon, does anyone know if a pricedrop is imminent before PES and, if not, what's the best deal about right now?

Last edited:

I'll admit to being a PES fanboy.

I used to come on here to pick fault in the game, hopefully to contribute towards improving it.

To be honest though the FIFA fanboys have now ruined this forum, I find myself having to now defend PES from these idios fanboys who have no idea what "constructive criticism" means.

TanKor,if you have been to gc , i think you spend your time only cheking out the boothbabes arses,who have about the same depth as a fifagame.

Sorry but boothbabes arses (in general) are far better than FIFA&PES togheter.. :lol:

The past Fifa's to me have played poorly, but then atleast I got the chance to play loads of different modes to test out the crappy gameplay, I could now I can play be a pro, and have poor gameplay ASWELL as the normal game modes with crappy gameplay.

I would be happy with one mode with good gameplay over many modes with crappy gameplay, and for PES6, it has depth, ANY multiplayer game has depth, as you can play it over and over again and it will always be differnt, well thats the thing with Fifa, I see and tend to score the same goal over and over again not much depth there. Plus I reckon PES has loads of depth ive played ML a lot, got a fix player ml going aswell with couple of mates, and I still havent won the cups for season mode or got the masters cup :D and the year is nearly over, infact I aint even played the world cup qualification mode!

What are all the modes planned for Fifa 08 anyway? I want to know, because the more modes apparently the more depth haha!

TanKor,if you have been to gc , i think you spend your time only cheking out the boothbabes arses,who have about the same depth as a fifagame.

they could've had their doors broken in thousands of times, thus being rather deep. You just never know.

Boothbabes... :'[

Page 3 rejects 1 step away from prostitution.

They need te be rescues and re-homed

well depesser sorry to dissappoint you but I am not gay like you. I have been checking everything out. Including the chicks arses.

I feel for you dude, you are the only one who went to CG yet some people refuse to believe you

So you would rather play games than check out babes, yep thats wild homo.

If PES/ISS/WE was to ever fall behind Fifa then it would have been a decade ago. Not now after they've developed a loyal fanbase and a reputation as the best football game around.

Exactly, back in 1997 EA were flaunting Beckham on the cover, ISS (PS1) had to make do with a CG image that belonged in Virtua Fighter 1.

I don't think Konami started to rival EA's sales until they got Thierry Henry on the cover for PES4, it made the game more credible for the mums and casual gamers, who have now become hardcore PES fans (not the mums).

I'm not sure which of the games sells better, in the UK I think slightly PES outsells FIFA, but in Germany FIFA pisses all over PES in-terms of yearly sales.

Right now, who's the one player the 8-16yr olds in the UK most idolise? Cristiano Ronaldo, he gives street-cred to PES that not even Rooney and Ronaldinho can bring right now.

So don't worry about PES falling behind in-terms of sales, it'll be up there with FIFA purely on marketing. Hardcore gamers on the other hand will stick with PES, EA have a reputation with the hardcore that'll mean FIFA will never win their hearts. It'll take more than introducing a few new right analogue tricks to change that!

Old?

Gamespy is posting that the PS3 version of PES 2008 feels a 'little more fluid' on the PS3 console. However at Leipzig, After experiencing both versions they claim that they are much more impressed by what Konami has managed to 'squeeze out of the PS3's hardware' with the Xbox 360 merely building decently on last year's version.

quote:

As for the other versions of the game, we're not sure how much Team Vision will affect the PS2 and handheld editions, mainly because there was no PR at the booth to explain anything; instead, we got some guy with a key who reset a machine for us when it crashed. For now, we think that the PS2 version is probably maxed out in regard to its capabilities and what Konami can do on the hardware, save for fixing online matchmaking. Same goes for PC. The PS2 game didn't look too flattering on the LCD displays showing it off on the floor, and we hope that it will be cleaned up before its release. The PSP version seems to look the same as last year's, including our issues with disappearing hair palettes. No word on what will be different there, either. We tried a few minutes with the DS version, and it seems that Konami is fairly content with continuing to work with a similar engine to last year's game, which we weren't huge fans of.

As of now, we're not sure which countries have official kits secured, but the demo features Argentina, Brazil, Spain, Portugal, France and Turkey. We're hoping that the English, Dutch, and Italian kits are still officially licensed for this year's game, just as they were last year. Besides that, our initial dive into Pro Evolution Soccer 2008 showed us a game that's still a work in progress. The Xbox 360 version seems to build upon last year's game in a few positive ways, although we're more impressed with what the Konami team has managed to squeeze out of the PlayStation 3's hardware, where we saw much more of the promised animations in play. No matter what, however, we at GameSpy hold the series in rather high regard, and eagerly anticipate more playtime with it in the future

So you would rather play games than check out babes, yep thats wild homo.

Going to a GAMES convention, you wouldn't think it'd be so much of a novel idea...

Exactly, back in 1997 EA were flaunting Beckham on the cover, ISS (PS1) had to make do with a CG image that belonged in Virtua Fighter 1.

I don't think Konami started to rival EA's sales until they got Thierry Henry on the cover for PES4, it made the game more credible for the mums and casual gamers, who have now become hardcore PES fans (not the mums).

I'm not sure which of the games sells better, in the UK I think slightly PES outsells FIFA, but in Germany FIFA pisses all over PES in-terms of yearly sales.

Right now, who's the one player the 8-16yr olds in the UK most idolise? Cristiano Ronaldo, he gives street-cred to PES that not even Rooney and Ronaldinho can bring right now.

So don't worry about PES falling behind in-terms of sales, it'll be up there with FIFA purely on marketing. Hardcore gamers on the other hand will stick with PES, EA have a reputation with the hardcore that'll mean FIFA will never win their hearts. It'll take more than introducing a few new right analogue tricks to change that!

LMAO, you have the right idea but street-cred is the wrong word, C.Ronaldo has zero street-cred but he does have marketability which is what I think you are trying to say

Going to a GAMES convention, you wouldn't think it'd be so much of a novel idea...

But if there are chicks there why not take a peek (or more if you are me, lol), or is drooling over Ronaldinho's moves a more worthwile exercise?

i am homo sapiens,not a neanderthaler like the in game fifacaracters or fifafanboys.

@psvforever

stop posting bullshit! thanks...and get some life! :P

Peoples sexual preferences have nothing to do with PES or FIFA. Let's keep filling this thread with other pointless nonsense and arguements instead, eh?

How childish, you are now calling someone gay, over the internet, because he hasnt said Fifa is the one?

So what if he is gay, you homophobic?

All he basically was saying is so what there are boothbabes there, its a GAMES convention, the main thing is to go to see the games! You probably call all the people that go to E3 gay aswell, seeing as they have axed boothbabes, well I think they did/have!

I call him homo because he is attacking me cos I took pictures of some nice asses. if thats not homo I dont know what homo is.

This thread is crap now. full of FIFA vs PES. No new screenshots or videos or anything. I suggest anyone who appreciates BOTH games should step away from this thread... until October when both games have come out.

All this Fanboy accusation and talk is stupid. I am no fanboy. Not at all. I am awaiting both games hoping they BOTH turn out to be good. Some people though really need to get a grip and remember this is just a web forum...

This is perfetic, you call him gay because he questioned you about the pictures, that is childish.

Why is calling someone homo a insult anyway? I suggest you grow up!

This thread is even worse when you have people calling some a homo or gay, its just stupidity!
Also the amount of times you keep saying this thread is crap, you will have the its expressing opinions, its going to be a cycle, I wouldnt even bother saying move away from the thread.

Oh dear god. How childish has this thread now become?

It is possible to enjoy both PES and FIFA without being subjected to constant interrogation as to why or how someone could enjoy 2 games that are so different. Get a fucking grip!!

It is possible to enjoy both PES and FIFA without being subjected to constant interrogation as to why or how someone could enjoy 2 games that are so different. Get a fucking grip!!

Yeah, where are the Moderators; effin' chuck people out!?

Gotta agree Wrighty and it's one of the reasons my posts have decreased in the past year. Life's too short to be arguing over which game is better/worse than the other.

Its true in the end of the day, you will have four factions, the ones who like PES and dont like fifa, the ones who like fifa and dont like pro evo, then theres the ones who like both and the ones who dont like any the sad ones haha joking!

The way I see it, its looking like that I will prefer the PES gameplay and stuff, but Fifa 08 will be good for something differet and fun, to try out the tricks and stuff, but PES is more for the serious gaming time! :D

But at the moment I just want a new football game to play!

All this Fanboy accusation and talk is stupid. I am no fanboy. Not at all. I am awaiting both games hoping they BOTH turn out to be good. Some people though really need to get a grip and remember this is just a web forum...

:applause:

I admit have contributed to the last flurry of insults but this place really needs MODS, in all honesty we should keep Fifa talk in the Fifa thread and all PES talk here. I can trace the degeneration of this thread to Ace Concisousness calling people ''Fifaggots'' the clean up process should start with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom