WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: WE/PES 2008 Next Gen - Discussions Thread (Last Update 08/25/07)

Oh SON

You are either pulling all of our collective goat's or you think you have filled your big boys shoes a few years too early.

I know you like to stick up for Fifa and that but you've constantly down-played PES2008, criticising the gameplay and going on about how it seems like nothing more than a next gen port of PES6.

Well here's the newsflash. We here want to play a game that looks and feels like real football, PES is simply as good as it gets in that respect. Fifa just doesn't make the player feel involved. T'is difficult to explain but Fifa's emphasis has always been on it's presentation, simple as. Is PES perfect? No but jeet christ, it's a transitional period for the entire computer game industry, give it some time.

Every single one of your posts seemingly has a snide derogatory comment directed at PES. It's grown a tad tiresome.

To have you condemn PES2008 on the basis of some wobbly videos and grainy screenshots to now say "give fifa a chance" is off the scale of batshit insaneness. I have shat my pants, laid a log in my bed, left some rabbit pellets in the toilet and gave my father a cleveland steamer for good measure.

Just saying is all. Perhaps I've gotten the wrong end of the stick here but hopefully I've shed some light on as to how pages and pages can be filled as people try to fight out their respective corners with smiles on their faces (or in their posts)

Finally someone with some brains on this forum. Love you Badgerman!

I think we should take our relationship to the next level?

Edit:

Why aren't you replying to my texts? Love you!

Edit:

You startin to piss me off now Badgerman

Great shame... :puke:

On a your previous post I've been happy to read you allowed a light aftertouch hypothesis... :D
We had some posts on pesfan forum on this topic (remember?)
Happy to hear it.

Definitely. ;)

Aftertouch curling etc isn't physically correct, but the benefit for control and, not to mention, realistic, looking longballs that curl properly, are hugely in favor.

It's going to look weird in replays when the ball starts curling after it has left the boot, but that can be minimized by only allowing aftertouch input a very short time after the ball has left the boot. If you are too late nothing will happen. Also, with that time-window limitation the curl feature can't be abused (for example by shooting on goal, and then curling the ball after it has gone half-way so that the goalkeeper is fooled completely (ISS98 style)).

But Aftertouch curling would be absolutely awesome. With analog aim and power of passes, we could gently curl long groundpasses around opponents to reach players.

Earth shatteringly deep discussion by you there, almost as wonderful as "PES is god's gift to games end of story".......

PES looks and feels like real football? Not a chance, Fifa looks, feels and sounds like real football. PES looks and feels like an arcade version of football, not that there's anything wrong with that for a quick blast but there's little depth to the game, certainly not in terms of career mode/ML.

Badger man even said PES is far from perfect.

Who gives a shit about all of FIFA 08's modes? They count for squat if the controls are still slow and laggy and the ball feels like a balloon!

I don't want aftertouch. We can't keep asking for a realistic game and then ask for aftertouch.

Ball curling should be affected by the timing and angle that you arive at the ball, and what speed the ball was coming at you and what spin was on it.

Definitely. ;)

Aftertouch curling etc isn't physically correct, but the benefit for control and, not to mention, realistic, looking longballs that curl properly, are hugely in favor.

It's going to look weird in replays when the ball starts curling after it has left the boot, but that can be minimized by only allowing aftertouch input a very short time after the ball has left the boot. If you are too late nothing will happen. Also, with that time-window limitation the curl feature can't be abused (for example by shooting on goal, and then curling the ball after it has gone half-way so that the goalkeeper is fooled completely (ISS98 style)).

But Aftertouch curling would be absolutely awesome. With analog aim and power of passes, we could gently curl long groundpasses around opponents to reach players.

This is lovely music for my ears. ;)

It's interesting for me to notice as nordic people is so sensible about control and deep mechanics of th footy games. ;)
One year ago on Codemasters forums (SENSI 2006) I had a many pages long "match" on this topic with a norwegian guy (StarEye) who was very very analytical, and other guys.
It was a supreme posts session.

I'm starting to love Scandinavia :D

This is lovely music for my ears. ;)

It's interesting for me to notice as nordic people is so sensible about control and deep mechanics of th footy games. ;)
One year ago on Codemasters forums (SENSI 2006) I had a many pages long "match" on this topic with a norwegian guy (StarEye) who was very very analytical, and other guys.
It was a supreme posts session.

I'm starting to love Scandinavia :D

Hehe, glad I didn't put you off atleast. Glad to ahve poeple like you here that understand what I am talking about and wanting to achieve, and feel the same way.

Oops, gtg, will finish this sentence later. ;)

Cheers mate. :)

Atleast at this

Oh SON

You are either pulling all of our collective goat's or you think you have filled your big boys shoes a few years too early.

I know you like to stick up for Fifa and that but you've constantly down-played PES2008, criticising the gameplay and going on about how it seems like nothing more than a next gen port of PES6.

Well here's the newsflash. We here want to play a game that looks and feels like real football, PES is simply as good as it gets in that respect. Fifa just doesn't make the player feel involved. T'is difficult to explain but Fifa's emphasis has always been on it's presentation, simple as. Is PES perfect? No but jeet christ, it's a transitional period for the entire computer game industry, give it some time.

Every single one of your posts seemingly has a snide derogatory comment directed at PES. It's grown a tad tiresome.

To have you condemn PES2008 on the basis of some wobbly videos and grainy screenshots to now say "give fifa a chance" is off the scale of batshit insaneness. I have shat my pants, laid a log in my bed, left some rabbit pellets in the toilet and gave my father a cleveland steamer for good measure.

Just saying is all. Perhaps I've gotten the wrong end of the stick here but hopefully I've shed some light on as to how pages and pages can be filled as people try to fight out their respective corners with smiles on their faces (or in their posts)

Just a tad of hypocrisy there mate.

Personally, i'm looking forward to FIFA more this year. I feel they are taking steps in the right direction and with the number of game modes, leagues and options added it looks to be more bang for my buck - which, like it or not, is what all gaming is about. Why should I shell out another $110 (Australia :roll:) for a game, which, apart from some great new features and updated graphics, essentially offers no new gaming experiences? (from early observations of course). I bought a 360 to play the best possible football games - full stop. I didn't buy it for GTA, or Bioshock, or anything like that - I bought it for footy. And if I feel that FIFA fulfils that fantasy more than PES does - that's my opinion. Ultimately though, the success of each game isn't going to be determined by me, dj, jack, airjoca or anyone else on this god-forsaken forum. It's the general public - the footballing public who decide what to spend their money on. And if you ask me, FIFA will sell - simply because EA know how to market their games, have added many nations' leagues (big selling point for me personally having the A-League - and I know at least 50 other people in the same boat down here in AUS - just in my community) and, at the end of the day, offer a relatively entertaining and enjoyable footballing gaming experience. The public arent going to buy PES and actually actively search for the new updated rosters, the accurate face of Olivier Kapo or a subtle, barely noticable "next-generation" AI system in Teamvision. In video games - its change, uniqueness, and presentation that determine how successful a game is. And in the virtual monopoly/oligopoly of the football games industry (2 developers), it's EA's game that stands out the most.
And yes, while greater sales don't necessarily point to the '
best' game, they do add to it in the long run. Face it - if KONAMI just dont have the resources to be able to keep up with the EA juggernaut, they will quite quickly fall behind - both technology and experience wise.

Sorry guys.

PES is just too similiar.

Earth shatteringly deep discussion by you there, almost as wonderful as "PES is god's gift to games end of story".......

Reminds me of the time you said "I have a fifa dildoid in my butt".

Quotes that don't even exist are zany and fun!

PES looks and feels like real football? Not a chance, Fifa looks, feels and sounds like real football. PES looks and feels like an arcade version of football, not that there's anything wrong with that for a quick blast but there's little depth to the game, certainly not in terms of career mode/ML.

I saw a bit of Fifa on that computer game channel and good GOD it was terrible. People harp on about the keepers in PES but what was being shown was embarassing. How anyone, who has played both games, can honestly say such tripe with a straight face is beyond me.

Also ML's great as I try and reach stupidly high scoring milestones with my top 3 scorers (Zico, Rooney and B Laudrup all around 205)

And yeah you're doing nothing here but making snide remarks using words that are bound to get people's attention. Like saying Fifa is a sim and PES is an arcade...

For... reals?

Now I know the presentation of Fifa is good but snazzy commentators an cut scenes aren't enough to keep me coming back. The gameplay lacks substance. PES has so many subtle movements and the like that you feel as if you have an infinite amount of optins available to you at all times. Fifa on the other hand is linear to the boringest max. How you can stick your noggin in here and try and argue otherwise is beyond me, unless you're using scientologist tactics of spring up at tragedies and the like to try and recruit people to the cult. Perhaps the widespread underwhelming of PES fans is your Virginia Tech and your chance to rid us of our thetans.

words words words

Just a tad of hypocrisy there mate.

Oh yeah well spotted detective.

It couldn't possibly be that I was commenting on both series in general (in the first bolded part) and future versions separately (2nd bolded)?

This is how crap fills up here. Valid points are questioned by junior detectives who've eaten too much ready brek

Last edited:

http://www.n4g.com/News-62941.aspx

When Ronaldinho or anyone passes the ball or shoots it you feel like the ball just flies off as if it has its own mind.

In Pro Evu you can actually feel the player kicking the ball.

Dude stop the fanboy blabla. PES shooting is so bad that I am sick of it. The said that 2008 will have power and harder shots. This is Bullshit the version I played at the GC had the same shots like PES6 (hey its even the same game). Even my girlfriend shoots harder.

This Ronaldinho Fifa video is superb. so much more random than PES. hey its lookin exactly like the fuckin real thing.

1. You didn't go to GC TankOr

2. And if you did, you'd notice shooting was alot different than PES6

who the hell you think you are telling I wasnt at the gc? get over it fanboy - PES stopped developing

EXCLUSIVE NEW gameplay video of PES2008!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3qnH7RsUpE&mode=related&search=

LOL! ahh the good old days.I can guarantee you FIFA08 gameplay would be about the same as this just more faster and polished.FIFA gameplay is still a fair distance behind PES and no matter how polished up and better looking the game might be at the end of the day it all comes down to how the game actually plays and compared to PES the GAMEPLAY wont be no where near the same level.Most people that are now bitching about the PES2008 are pure graphics whore's that jumped on the wagon with all this "next gen" and "full HD" that they forget all about the core gameplay to how the game plays compared to real-life football and demand a total overhaul to graphics,design,gameplay,structure,etc.... because it just moved to next gen console.Need to wait a few more years till we see a real change and use of the next-gen hardware to its full potential.

Even my girlfriend shoots harder.

That's because she's a truck driver.

When Iss really started to make it's mark around 2000, Fifa turned out to be crap. It was for some years. Then, people started talking about it being closer and closer to overtaking PES as the best footy game. This has been going on for some time now. This has not yet happened, however. For how many years more will we talk about Fifa almost beating PES? Time will tell.

Until FIFA gets the basics right, I don't really give a toss whether PES has stopped developing or not, I'll keep playing PES.

Now I know the presentation of Fifa is good but snazzy commentators an cut scenes aren't enough to keep me coming back.

Some people are so sold on it, they have to keep coming here and saying how good the Ronaldinho video (with the spassy arms) is... You have to wonder why the people that are getting fifa and that are fanboycotting PES are doing in a PES forum on a thread about PES2008. Have you no homes to go to??

They know by the time PES2008 is out, they'll be bored of the Fifa (1994.1) gameplay and 'street' engine integration.

Last edited:

to the moron who says I havent been at the GC

here are some of my pictures

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0263.jpg

IMG_0264.jpg

IMG_0268.jpg

IMG_0270.jpg

IMG_0274.jpg

IMG_0290.jpg

IMG_0296.jpg

Oh yeah well spotted detective.

It couldn't possibly be that I was commenting on both series in general (in the first bolded part) and future versions separately (2nd bolded)?

This is how crap fills up here. Valid points are questioned by junior detectives who've eaten too much ready brek

My mistake - I thought you were referring to the future versions of both in both bolded statements (if that makes any sense...)

Still, your reaction is no better than my accusation. I dont believe that patronising the hell out of me does anything to make your argument seem stronger.And neither does quoting Hamlet i must say. If anything it does the complete opposite.

Lay off the insults a bit and get off your high horse. People don't communicate like that in the real world kid. (Annoying isnt it?)

Just out of curiosity - what 'valid' points did I question in my post?

Just trying to have a reasonable debate here mate. No need to make it personal.

My mistake - I thought you were referring to the future versions of both in both bolded statements (if that makes any sense...)

Still, your reaction is no better than my accusation. I dont believe that patronising the hell out of me does anything to make your argument seem stronger.And neither does quoting Hamlet i must say. If anything it does the complete opposite.

Lay off the insults a bit and get off your high horse. People don't communicate like that in the real world kid. (Annoying isnt it?)

Just out of curiosity - what 'valid' points did I question in my post?

Just trying to have a reasonable debate here mate. No need to make it personal.

Fair cop you were on the war path in fairness and people who misunderstand me, perhaps on purpose, is a particular goat grabber of mine.

If it makes you feel any better I only really addressed you in the sensible bit at the top, the nonsensical bits were directed at the anti pes people in general.

: )

PES looks and feels like real football? Not a chance, Fifa looks, feels and sounds like real football. PES looks and feels like an arcade version of football,

:lmao:sorry but now i am 100% sure you are a fifafanoby. sorry ;)

Clearly he isn't a true PES fan anyway or the pics would have only been of the PES stands - rather than taking pictures of bints in tight pants ;)

Dude stop the fanboy blabla. PES shooting is so bad that I am sick of it. The said that 2008 will have power and harder shots. This is Bullshit the version I played at the GC had the same shots like PES6 (hey its even the same game). Even my girlfriend shoots harder.

This Ronaldinho Fifa video is superb. so much more random than PES. hey its lookin exactly like the fuckin real thing.

Like the real thing?
So, in Ronaldinho's first goal, who passed him the ball? Zico?
The player lobbed the ball over himself to one side, and, without even lifting up his head, and without letting the ball hit the pitch, crossed the ball exactly to Ronaldinho's foot...man, that had to be Zico, or at least Zizou to make such a play...

Agree MASTER I didnt like that pass one bit - always a problem with FIFA is the occassionally superhuman passes. Still - ive seen things in PES to rival that.

TanKor,if you have been to gc , i think you spend your time only cheking out the boothbabes arses,who have about the same depth as a fifagame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom